• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

Second outing with the 360. The rifle is great fun.

Shot about 150 rounds with 2 different lots of SK Match and a single lot of CenterX at 50 and 100 yards. CenterX still ourperforms the SK, but not by a whole lot. SK around .23-.70 at 50 and 1.0 at 100. CenteX fewer flyers, .238-.323 at 50 and .70 at 100. SK SD about 9, ES 37. CenterX SD about 7, ES 21.

Sending off to Lapua test center next week.
(The baffles were too low to shoot at 200. Took me a few shots to figure out why nothing was hitting paper!)

View attachment 7631188

View attachment 7631189
I sure like that stock. Did you just order plain like no color?

The V22 showed up while I was on vacation. I was able to get to me FFL/SOT and pick it up today. Then get it home to set it up. I have 2 internal weights in and still need my outside weights to balance. I have not sent any rounds down range yet.
V22 20ā€ KUKRI in sniper Gray
40 MOA Rail
ARC XYLO Chassis
Burris XTR3 5.5-30/56 in ARC 1.1 34mm rings
CB216D59-10C2-4B63-ACD1-77C84CE9BF53.jpeg
53804BDF-17F7-4B5A-917D-307448325AF7.jpeg
8BCFE40A-AB2C-4B24-A594-8B78F4CA6222.jpeg

I sure like that stock. Did you just order plain like no color?

Thanks, it is nice. Itā€™s elite tactical with clear black web. The black web is nice, though on this one they went with a bit less web. I have another with a touch more black web contrast and it stands out a little more.

Last edited:
The V22 showed up while I was on vacation. I was able to get to me FFL/SOT and pick it up today. Then get it home to set it up. I have 2 internal weights in and still need my outside weights to balance. I have not sent any rounds down range yet.
V22 20ā€ KUKRI in sniper Gray
40 MOA Rail
ARC XYLO Chassis
Burris XTR3 5.5-30/56 in ARC 1.1 34mm ringsView attachment 7632781View attachment 7632782View attachment 7632783
I would highly recommend getting the Gray Ops external weights instead of the ARC ones. They are heavier, more ergonomic, and a little wider for better balance on bags.

7C326DAF-1437-474B-ACEE-98D22E7B1A8E.jpeg

I would highly recommend getting the Gray Ops external weights instead of the ARC ones. They are heavier, more ergonomic, and a little wider for better balance on bags.

View attachment 7632847
Nice setup with the ARC.

Due to the 1 piece of equipment rule I never ran an attached plate to my rifle, but with the new NRL2021-2022 season rules opening up the equipment and Nationals not having any restrictions I just started running with the attached gray ops plate and it definitely is the way to go. It throws a good pound of weight right at the center where you want to balance and has a grippyness on the bags.

Are you in WA? You should come shoot our matches in Renton.

Reactions: Halen and Badjujuu
Nice setup with the ARC.

Due to the 1 piece of equipment rule I never ran an attached plate to my rifle, but with the new NRL2021-2022 season rules opening up the equipment and Nationals not having any restrictions I just started running with the attached gray ops plate and it definitely is the way to go. It throws a good pound of weight right at the center where you want to balance and has a grippyness on the bags.

Are you in WA? You should come shoot our matches in Renton.
Which plate you run

View attachment 7632847
I have 1 set of the large & small Gray Ops weights. Are you using full internal weight kit?

I have the Gray Ops plate and AG bag as well with its associated brass weights.

I have 1 set of the large & small Gray Ops weights. Are you using full internal weight kit?

I have the Gray Ops plate and AG bag as well with its associated brass weights.
I think I have both ARC a internal weights and then the two large external Gray Ops as seen above. I do have the plate too but rarely find it necessary.

Reactions: Defender32
Sweet! Now, to be sure-that case is not the one a rifle usually ships in? My build is supposed to start this week I'm told.
So they do have the bore guides?

Got my new Vudoo. I never seen an unboxing video of a vudoo 22 after searching. So I made one. First YouTube video Iā€™ve ever done. Nothing great but at least you see how the gun comes to you with the custom vudoo case
keith

I wanted that case so bad but the ARC XYLO Chassis does not fit it.

Really digging my ARC rings as well. Slowly swapping my rifles over to them. Only have a couple of sets to go.
Sweet! Now, to be sure-that case is not the one a rifle usually ships in? My build is supposed to start this week I'm told.
That is NOT the normal shipping case. Plano Basic is what it ships in.
tempImagecL91do.png

Yes, Vudoo sells bore guides. Just received mine last week.

Attachments

• 47504BD9-8112-451B-B88C-CA0CA6415C09.jpeg
    47504BD9-8112-451B-B88C-CA0CA6415C09.jpeg
    802.5 KB · Views: 73
I ordered the case through them, I also ordered the bore guide. The case is awesome. The gun is remarkable. I ordered this gun without ever seeing one. I actually had my heart set on an Anshutz HB1810. Even went so far at to call Anshutz and have the guy pick me out a nice stock, he never called backā€¦ā€¦..THANK GOD! I then came across all the videos on YouTube. The results are stunning. The gun is so tight. So glad I went with Vudoo. I went to the range it was closed so I still need to shoot it. Also Mike Bush has been posting tips on Instagram. Gotta love the follow up these guys do.

Last edited:
Yes, Vudoo sells bore guides. Just received mine last week.

Speaking of this guide, I don't get the screws? I'm guessing Gen 3 = 360, but none of the 3 screw positions allow for full insertion. I had to remove the screw.

47504BD9-8112-451B-B88C-CA0CA6415C09.jpeg

Speaking of this guide, I don't get the screws? I'm guessing Gen 3 = 360, but none of the 3 screw positions allow for full insertion. I had to remove the screw.

View attachment 7634701
It allows. You have to press the bolt release to get it to slide in. Use the lower of the two holes on the left side of the bore guide (assuming youā€™re right handed)

View attachment 7634701
From what I remember when mine came there was a pamphlet that explained the screw was only needed for a certain generation of action (1 I believe) and would not be used otherwise.

After the rifle being home for 3 days I finally got to Press the Bang Switch!!! The first 47 rounds have been sent down range. I am happy as hell as of right now. Really donā€™t know how I can get any happier. All shot Prone at 50 yards
25159166-6455-4B62-9011-4CBB7019CB0F.jpeg

145F0721-F1C0-45A6-9A7C-1D275940B5DD.jpeg

725CAAC5-1B81-4AD0-8A23-14DCC33734F3.jpeg

1F832447-F9C2-4B9C-81D5-3E5E76A175C5.jpeg
A57DF8C3-E441-4AE9-8FB3-A71251543C69.jpeg

Lots of cool stuff over the last two weeks in the mountains. I head home in another few days and anxious to dig into a few projects with my nine twist rifles. Don Jr. and I slayed a few gophers with the Three60 and it was awesome fun.

C9-BADBF9-F0-DA-445-E-B0-D1-E338048-E19-A5.jpg

MB

Lots of cool stuff over the last two weeks in the mountains. I head home in another few days and anxious to dig into a few projects with my nine twist rifles. Don Jr. and I slayed a few gophers with the Three60 and it was awesome fun.

MB
That's too cool. šŸ¤ 

If one were to single load a round by starting it into the chamber with fingers, the bolt will chamber the round and close just fine (push feed).

MB
This right here is whatā€™s pushing my towards vudoo over the rimx right now as someone who is just starting to look into the new high end prs style repeater rimfires. I shoot a ā€œschuetzenā€ style which is standing rest/offhand but itā€™s all single feed by tradition.
I want to finger bang one again first the Friday before a match but Iā€™m glad I was finally able to find confirmation that it works one at a time.

Reactions: Eadle
This right here is whatā€™s pushing my towards vudoo over the rimx right now as someone who is just starting to look into the new high end prs style repeater rimfires. I shoot a ā€œschuetzenā€ style which is standing rest/offhand but itā€™s all single feed by tradition.
I want to finger bang one again first the Friday before a match but Iā€™m glad I was finally able to find confirmation that it works one at a time.
Vudoo also has a Single Shot Follower for the repeaters...
https://vudoogunworks.com/product/single-shot-follower-insert-aluminum/
4Certain

Unfortunately, only compatible with the Gen 1 and Gen 2 (SN# 3400 and below).
Ugg. Bummer.
I wonder if you could talk to Mike Bush, get some JB Weld and/or a file and figure out how to make it work...

Or purchase one of the Solid Plastic 'Safe Mags' and modify the top to work like a Shooting Tray...

Just looking for a way to try... My old WW II Pilot and Korea veteran dad used to say, "Where there is a will, there is a way"... He Certainly always made us try something as kids... It may not work. But try, try and try again... 4Certain

Ugg. Bummer.
I wonder if you could talk to Mike Bush, get some JB Weld and/or a file and figure out how to make it work...

Or purchase one of the Solid Plastic 'Safe Mags' and modify the top to work like a Shooting Tray...

Just looking for a way to try... My old WW II Pilot and Korea veteran dad used to say, "Where there is a will, there is a way"... He Certainly always made us try something as kids... It may not work. But try, try and try again... 4Certain
Actually, I was thinking about picking up one of the MK Machining V-22 Safety Mags and modifying the top to create a single load sled.

Actually, I was thinking about picking up one of the MK Machining V-22 Safety Mags and modifying the top to create a single load sled.
My sons are doing quite a bit of the 3-D printing. Way above my pay grade. But if you had a friend with that skill, you may get him to print a mag with a big flat top you could file/machine out your shooting tray... Less $$ and not 'safety yellow'...

Reactions: Gunfighter716
Gunfighter

I posted these pics before but thought I'd post them again. I took a magazine and cut the top down and JB welded a single-shot adapter to the top. It's plastic but I see no reason the metal one would not work just as well. You have to cut the ejector off the single-shot adapter because you are using the factory ejector in the gun, which is part of the reason I like it so much. I've been using them for a few years now and no issues whatsoever. Just plug and play!

Good luck, Shane
Image.jpg
Image 3.jpg
Image 1.jpg

Reactions: 4Certain
i was gonna say, @KML7201 makes one too that worked well in my manners stock with the Gen 2. Switched over to another AX chassis so Iā€™ll be giving it a go with the 3 lug next trip out

Reactions: KML7201
Looking at these terrific mods and ideas made me pull out a plastic Vudoo mag and look at it.
It would seem if you just lightly filed off the inside of the feed lips, leaving all the vertical portion there, that you could create a mag that would not longer work as a normal mag, because the 'hold down' rails on each inside of the feed lips had been filed off. But it would seem that you could just drop a round in that from the top and it would sit at just the right place and just the right height and just the right angle...
Is this guess correct?? What do you think??
4Certain

4Certain,
That sounds like it could work. To me the toughest part of using these single-shot adapters is getting the bullet positioned on top of the feed tray (it tends to be narrow). I've sense bought one of Vudoo's V22S and it is a much better answer if you shoot shot single-shot a lot.

Good luck and keep us posted.

4Certain,
That sounds like it could work. To me the toughest part of using these single-shot adapters is getting the bullet positioned on top of the feed tray (it tends to be narrow). I've sense bought one of Vudoo's V22S and it is a much better answer if you shoot shot single-shot a lot.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Thanks CCollier. Even if you had to glue some thin short wings on the side of the mag, it certainly looks like it would work to me. All proper Geometry and Sitting Position would exist with the top of the mag...

I do have a V22S that I shoot in a Benchrest Match every Thursday morning. I love the V22S. A wonderful piece of equipment.

If I had a 3-60 Repeater with a Right Bolt, Left Port then the Modified Single Shot Mag could be handy if I wanted to shoot the Repeater as a Single Shot... 4Certain

Reactions: ccollier
@KML7201

Do you sell the single-shot adapters? if so how would you order them?

Thanks
Iā€™m not sure how they work in all the different chassis setups. I found a small issue with my AX chassis after I modified the design to get it to work for @Krob95. I am printing a slightly changed version as I type this to see if I can correct the issue.

Gunfighter

I posted these pics before but thought I'd post them again. I took a magazine and cut the top down and JB welded a single-shot adapter to the top. It's plastic but I see no reason the metal one would not work just as well. You have to cut the ejector off the single-shot adapter because you are using the factory ejector in the gun, which is part of the reason I like it so much. I've been using them for a few years now and no issues whatsoever. Just plug and play!

Good luck, ShaneView attachment 7636190View attachment 7636191View attachment 7636192
Thanks Shane. Appreciate the pics and videos that you sent previously. Just took delivery of my new Vudoo. Haven't decided if I want to sacrifice a mag yet and fit a single shot adapter, modify a safety mag into a single shot sled, or work with my buddy on a 3D print. With all that said, I could always go to the extreme and just drop a new order for a V22S ;)

Reactions: ccollier
Looking at these terrific mods and ideas made me pull out a plastic Vudoo mag and look at it.
It would seem if you just lightly filed off the inside of the feed lips, leaving all the vertical portion there, that you could create a mag that would not longer work as a normal mag, because the 'hold down' rails on each inside of the feed lips had been filed off. But it would seem that you could just drop a round in that from the top and it would sit at just the right place and just the right height and just the right angle...
Is this guess correct?? What do you think??
4Certain
It might work but Iā€™d rather not sacrifice a working magazine. My 3D printed one works and costs less than a mag.

Whatever you use, itā€™s a little tight dropping the round in through the ejection port.

Gunfighter716 - From someone who's enjoyed owning & shooting three V-22 repeaters (all Gen 1s) for several years, and who then bought a V-22S, I can say that I don't regret buying the single shot V-22S, even if I don't manage to get away from the farm long enough to shoot a single 22RFBR or F-Class match with the crazy weather we're having this spring. It's been every enjoyable working with this rifle, and if I had it to do over again - knowing then what I know now - I'd most certainly still buy the V-22S action. This rifle was the first one I'd ever used a tuner on, and the results convinced me that I needed to try another Pro-X on my oldest V-22 repeater, one that I barreled with a Krieger sendero blank finished at 22". I haven't sat down at the bench with the V-22 repeater and tried to duplicate the 50yd groups that I've shot with the V-22S, but at 200yds on steel, the repeater impressed me, shooting a very good lot of SK Rifle Match. In fact, at the tuner setting I was using that afternoon, the SK out-shot a very good lot of Lapua Center-X at 200, which I've never seen happen before with these same two brands/lots of ammo. I'm going to assume for now that I just happened to find a good tune for the SK, and that the Lapua needs a different tune. Past chrono data for these same two lots of ammo showed the SK being about 20-25fps slower than the Lapua, so it's logical that they would each require a slightly different tuner setting. Only time will tell...and at the rate I'm going - still trying to get spring planting done, and fighting a losing battle with the weather in doing so - it may be late this summer before I'm able to to figure this all out.

Reactions: Quickoz
Gunfighter716 - From someone who's enjoyed owning & shooting three V-22 repeaters (all Gen 1s) for several years, and who then bought a V-22S, I can say that I don't regret buying the single shot V-22S, even if I don't manage to get away from the farm long enough to shoot a single 22RFBR or F-Class match with the crazy weather we're having this spring. It's been every enjoyable working with this rifle, and if I had it to do over again - knowing then what I know now - I'd most certainly still buy the V-22S action. This rifle was the first one I'd ever used a tuner on, and the results convinced me that I needed to try another Pro-X on my oldest V-22 repeater, one that I barreled with a Krieger sendero blank finished at 22". I haven't sat down at the bench with the V-22 repeater and tried to duplicate the 50yd groups that I've shot with the V-22S, but at 200yds on steel, the repeater impressed me, shooting a very good lot of SK Rifle Match. In fact, at the tuner setting I was using that afternoon, the SK out-shot a very good lot of Lapua Center-X at 200, which I've never seen happen before with these same two brands/lots of ammo. I'm going to assume for now that I just happened to find a good tune for the SK, and that the Lapua needs a different tune. Past chrono data for these same two lots of ammo showed the SK being about 20-25fps slower than the Lapua, so it's logical that they would each require a slightly different tuner setting. Only time will tell...and at the rate I'm going - still trying to get spring planting done, and fighting a losing battle with the weather in doing so - it may be late this summer before I'm able to to figure this all out.
Thank you for the insights. I'm on my second V-22 repeater with the first being a Gen 2 and now a 360 which I just picked up a few days ago and still getting setup. The Gen 2 was impressive right out of the gate and I have no doubts the 360 will be as well. A V-22S will join it at some point to continue learning a new shooting discipline and shoot the occasional RFBR or F-Class match. In the meantime, the new 360 will happily fit the need for all-around use.

MB
That is so freaking cool. What I wouldn't give to spend an hour shooting with either of you. That's so Awesome

Gunfighter - There's a Three-60 action sitting in the safe, a Manners PRS1T, TT Diamond, Krieger sendero blank, and Gen 3 Athlon Cronus scope all sitting here waiting for me to get new spindle bearings installed in the lathe so I can get the Krieger fitted & chambered. Really looking forward to getting the new Vudoo put together and going, so I can compare the 3-lug repeater to the 2-lug actions. Given how much I've enjoyed shooting the V-22S, there's quite a bit of motivation to get that lathe DONE.