• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo in AI AT-X Chassis

ehaleyjr86

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2011
Centerburg, Ohio
My Vudoo currently rides in an MDT chassis. I am considering purchasing a new centerfire rifle and the AI AT-X is at the top of my list. I want to keep my Vudoo in a similar configuration and was thinking about ordering the 700SA AT-X chassis for it when I place my order. Link for reference. Has anyone done this and if so how well did it work? Any feeding issues? Any other thoughts?

Reactions: 6gunner
My only concern for you will be balance. I have 3 atx aics Chassis. 28" heavy comp contour barrels on centerfire rigs, ckyepod at end of arca, perfect balance point is about 3" in front of mag well. My 22" m24 rimx will be in my possession Friday night. I'll drop it into one my atx Chassis and see how it feels. I have a hunch it'll be home in the XLR envy pro jv tho as it's much lighter in the ass.

Reactions: ehaleyjr86
My only concern for you will be balance. I have 3 atx aics Chassis. 28" heavy comp contour barrels on centerfire rigs, ckyepod at end of arca, perfect balance point is about 3" in front of mag well. My 22" m24 rimx will be in my possession Friday night. I'll drop it into one my atx Chassis and see how it feels. I have a hunch it'll be home in the XLR envy pro jv tho as it's much lighter in the ass.
That makes sense. I’m curious where the balance point will be. My V22 has the heavy contour barrel but like you mentioned, the rear end doesn’t carry much weight. Might be an opportunity to add waits as far back in the chassis as possible.

That makes sense. I’m curious where the balance point will be. My V22 has the heavy contour barrel but like you mentioned, the rear end doesn’t carry much weight. Might be an opportunity to add waits as far back in the chassis as possible.
The unfortunate thing, ai weights are expensive, I have some the long sidetrack light-weights from sawtooth on my atx. Made of aluminum, I didn't want the weight, but installed them to widen the footprint on my gamechanger for stability.

Reactions: ehaleyjr86
I have my V22 in an AT. Like it alot. Those that have the AT, what is the biggest diameter barrels that can fit in the AT? Mine is the Kukri.

My vudoo doesn’t fit😡. The action screws are just a tit hair off. And I’m not entirely sure the recoil lug is in the recoil lug recess which my be the cause.. Yuck. My vudoo fit in a manners mini chassis so this thing is going back. I hate when a plan takes a shit

My 360 fit fine fwiw

85221EB2-9C6F-4496-BA49-0BC07FC21D83.jpeg
9B64F831-7336-4E06-B5CD-8902C97E048D.png

So you guys aren’t having any feeding issues running a vudoo with the atx? Just got my chassis today and got everything installed. Mags fit really loose and I’m guessing it’s not grabbing the round completely. It’s not extraction every other round. Only way it feeds 100 percent is if I hold pressure up on the mag.

Last edited:
So you guys aren’t having any feeding issues running a vudoo with the atx? Just got my chassis today and got everything installed. Mags fit really loose and I’m guessing it’s not grabbing the round completely. It’s not extraction every other round. Only way it feeds 100 percent is if I hold pressure up on the mag.
Did you remove aw mag catch from the chassis?
Did you torque the action screws to 53in/ft ?

My vudoo mags fit with almost no play

Reactions: BurtG
Yes I’ve done that.. I’ll see if I can figure out how to upload a video to show the play.
Try a piece of tape on the back of the mag over the notch for the catch. I do this on my ATX centerfire, and it works. It raises it up and runs clean, I dont yet have the chassis or my new vodoo action to test.

Try a piece of tape on the back of the mag over the notch for the catch. I do this on my ATX centerfire, and it works. It raises it up and runs clean, I dont yet have the chassis or my new vodoo action to test.
So just right on top of the catch?

Reactions: seansmd
I just installed my Vudoo 360 Gen 3 barrelled action into a AI AT-X Chassis. I did have slight movement in the mags that I am using, which are the Vudoo polymer mags. I did experience a feed failure when cycling quickly, faulted on 2 out of 10 rounds. I made sure that everything was torqued properly, made sure the ammo was seated properly in the magazine, and still had an issue.
After applying the tape to the mag as recommended above, the mag movement is eliminated and I can cycle as quickly as I want with no issue.
Not a huge fan of having to tape my mags, but it does work like a charm while I look into some other kind of fix.
The Chassis is 100% worth it, feels great in action and the magazine is not a huge deal.
Im going to try a few more things to snug that mag up without tape and will report back.
I finally made an account to contribute to this post specifically, I hope that it helps anyone considering doing this.
V/R