• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo "Light"

Quarter Horse

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 17, 2010
    Carlton, OR
    Has anyone built one? I'm shooting for under 8 1/2 # . I don't think I want a carbon fiber barrel. I'd like the barrel to be 22" to 24". I have a 52C Sporter Browning reintro that comes in at 8#6ozs. With a Vudoo 360 is it possible or am I asking too much?

Vudoo has a CF Stock/ Mini Chassis with a CF Barrel that will get you there. A couple of guys have them posted in the Vudoo V22 Thread in some of the earlier posts.

Vudoo has a CF Stock/ Mini Chassis with a CF Barrel that will get you there. A couple of guys have them posted in the Vudoo V22 Thread in some of the earlier posts..

Thanks for the reference. I found the posts and one led to @Tiger_Shilone who had an entire thread about his build for an 8.5# Vudoo. He also pointed out the limitations of a do everything anything. Great info. and I guess it's time to call VGW.

Reactions: nakoa01
    Probably aint going to make your 8.5lb limit with a steel barrel. I just got a 18” spectre profile steel barreled 90 degree vudoo (their second lightest profile barrel) and I cant break the 8.5lb barrier with the variable power tac scopes I want to use. Only way to get it lighter than mine is with the manners carbon fiber hunting stock MCS-UC at 18oz https://mannersstocks.com/stocks/hunting-stocks/. This will get about 7oz lighter, but it is not a stock style I care for.

I don’t know if proof makes a longer cf rimfire barrel over 18”. I have to say I have been fairly pleased so far with mine. Gone to 421 yards with it so far using center-x.

note mag not inserted. That adds anther 3.4 oz. have to remove the scope covers and data card holder to get back under 8.5lbs. V22 gen2 18” CF proof timney two stage@2lbs total AG Composites stock with hawkins precision M5 DBM NF nx8 4-32x with nf ultralight 1” rings.

Things I would change (july 2021 after using it a couple years):
    1. add 2” pic rail to stock forearm so I dont have to use a sling stud to pic adapter to mount bipod.
    2. Get stock in a ”carbon6” barrel channel so it properly clears cf barrel. This kukri barrel contacts the last inch with .018” interference and is the cause of my .2 mil windage shifts.
    3. Would use 1.25” ring height next time.
    4. Plan to install a lightweight karstens style adj kydex cheekpiece.
    5. 40 moa pic rail instead of the 20 I have now, can only dial 16.7 MIL. (50 yard zero). 20 more Moa would give another 5.7 mils for 22.7 total dial (Rifle needs 22.5 mils for 421 yard target). NF 8-32 scope has 26 mils elevation travel so a 50 moa rail would be perfect but vudoo jumps from 40 to 60 for their builds without a 50 moa option.
    A7686A24-032F-43C3-85D3-8C0C67D30BC1.jpeg

Last edited:
    @Tiger_Shilone First, thanks for your thread on the 8.5# Vudoo. It answered a lot of my questions. Now, thanks for the update. One of the reasons this place is so great is the vast experience of the community and the willingness to share it.

Reactions: nakoa01
    Probably aint going to make your 8.5lb limit with a steel barrel. I just got a 18” spectre profile steel barreled 90 degree vudoo (their second lightest profile barrel) and I cant break the 8.5lb barrier with the variable power tac scopes I want to use. Only way to get it lighter than mine is with the manners carbon fiber hunting stock MCS-UC at 18oz https://mannersstocks.com/stocks/hunting-stocks/. This will get about 7oz lighter, but it is not a stock style I care for.

I don’t know if proof makes a longer cf rimfire barrel over 18”. I have to say I have been fairly pleased so far with mine. Gone to 421 yards with it so far using center-x.

note mag not inserted. That adds anther 3.4 oz. have to remove the scope covers and data card holder to get back under 8.5lbs. V22 gen2 18” CF proof timney two stage@2lbs total AG Composites stock with hawkins precision M5 DBM NF nx8 4-32x with nf ultralight 1” rings.

1. add 2” pic rail to stock forearm so I dont have to use a sling stud to pic adapter to mount bipod.
    2. Get stock in a ”carbon6” barrel channel so it properly clears cf barrel. This kukri barrel contacts the last inch with .018” interference and is the cause of my .2 mil windage shifts.
    5. 40 moa pic rail instead of the 20 I have now, can only dial 16.7 MIL. (50 yard zero). 20 more Moa would give another 5.7 mils for 22.7 total dial (Rifle needs 22.5 mils for 421 yard target). NF 8-32 scope has 26 mils elevation travel so a 50 moa rail would be perfect but vudoo jumps from 40 to 60 for their builds without a 50 moa option.
    View attachment 7674488
    How does this sucker shoot? Was thinking about getting a vudoo 360 with a carbon barrel.

Great thread, I have been thinking about a Vudoo along the same lines. I have put together a couple of Bergara's one steel barrel competition type rig and a lightweight carbon barrel hunting rig. Both shoot as good as the price of ammo I run through them. Continuously chasing accuracy and I don't really even compete with anyone but myself.

Great thread, I have been thinking about a Vudoo along the same lines. I have put together a couple of Bergara's one steel barrel competition type rig and a lightweight carbon barrel hunting rig. Both shoot as good as the price of ammo I run through them. Continuously chasing accuracy and I don't really even compete with anyone but myself.
    Or Rim-X

View attachment 7674488
    Why would you go with the 1.25" rings over the 1" since it looks like you have good clearance now? Would you need it because of the 40 moa pic rail or better bolt clearance or something else? Thanks.

Reactions: Boatninja