• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo on the way

nesikabay

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2006
Nocona Texas
I have a Vudoo on the way here. It comes with an 18 inch barrel. I have no use for the barrel. What is a fair price for the barrel

Reactions: Rthur
Its an 18 inch ace. The kuriki contur I know I spelt that wrong . Just like it should have been spelled instead of spelt

Thing is I like 24 to 28 inch barrels. They wont build one or sell me an action. So I have a barrel action on the way

Thing is I like 24 to 28 inch barrels. They wont build one or sell me an action. So I have a barrel action on the way

They wont sell you an action or they don't have them available? From their site, it looks like they sell actions.

I barreled my first V-22 action that I bought last year with a Krieger sendero contour blank, finished it at 22". It's been a good shooter, but I don't have the tooling to copy the hybrid coned breech that VGW is cutting now. Having recently bought a couple of V-22 bbl'd actions for my own shooting, I've found that I really like that feature. Vudoo has programmed their CNC lathe to cut the hybrid coned breech with great repeatability, and I'm considering sending them the Krieger off that 1st V-22 to have them cut the coned breech on it. No downside to it that I can see - the two new bbl'd actions with the cone feed at least as smoothly as the original rifle, even with flatnose ammo like Eley EPS & SK Flatnose Basic. I've seen a home-made cutting tool for machining balls or making radius cuts in an article in one of the machinist magazines I used to subscribe to. It'd probably be worth it to dig out that old issue & at least consider making such a tool for the lathe - then I could copy Mike Bush's hybrid breech on the bbl's I've done for the 40Xs. But it's so much easier to just ship VGW my bbls & have them do it...

I barreled my first V-22 action that I bought last year with a Krieger sendero contour blank, finished it at 22". It's been a good shooter, but I don't have the tooling to copy the hybrid coned breech that VGW is cutting now. Having recently bought a couple of V-22 bbl'd actions for my own shooting, I've found that I really like that feature. Vudoo has programmed their CNC lathe to cut the hybrid coned breech with great repeatability, and I'm considering sending them the Krieger off that 1st V-22 to have them cut the coned breech on it. No downside to it that I can see - the two new bbl'd actions with the cone feed at least as smoothly as the original rifle, even with flatnose ammo like Eley EPS & SK Flatnose Basic. I've seen a home-made cutting tool for machining balls or making radius cuts in an article in one of the machinist magazines I used to subscribe to. It'd probably be worth it to dig out that old issue & at least consider making such a tool for the lathe - then I could copy Mike Bush's hybrid breech on the bbl's I've done for the 40Xs. But it's so much easier to just ship VGW my bbls & have them do it...

Is there a Point of Contact at Vudoo that I can ask about having this done to my flat breech v22? I reached out to info@vudoo but haven't heard back and am wondering if theres a better contact? ( may also just be because its the holiday's but i'd like to get some info on turn time and cost.

Thanks
Brian

Their ph# is listed on their website - if you don't get an answer, I guess you could assume they've taken a day or two off for the Holiday season. As hard as they've been working, I'm pretty sure they deserve a few days off...

Their ph# is listed on their website - if you don't get an answer, I guess you could assume they've taken a day or two off for the Holiday season. As hard as they've been working, I'm pretty sure they deserve a few days off...
They called me yesterday to update me on my build's progress and ask for FFL info. They should be there.

Is there a Point of Contact at Vudoo that I can ask about having this done to my flat breech v22? I reached out to info@vudoo but haven't heard back and am wondering if theres a better contact? ( may also just be because its the holiday's but i'd like to get some info on turn time and cost.

Thanks
Brian

Hi Brian,
I replied to your email shortly after receiving, did you not receive my response?

MB

Hi Brian,
I replied to your email shortly after receiving, did you not receive my response?

MB

Hi! nope i got it and replied. Lets keep in touch! I made this post before you had replied to my email

Appreciate how responsive you guys are.

Hi! nope i got it and replied. Lets keep in touch! I made this post before you had replied to my email

Appreciate how responsive you guys are.

Gotcha, I've had a few email challenges and was pretty sure they were resolved, just making sure. Reach out anytime....

MB