• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo or RimX - where to try - Southern CA

penguinofsleep

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Nov 26, 2020
Somewhere USA
Is there a place where I can try a Vudoo or RimX action or rifle in Southern CA? Let's define this as between San Diego and LA.

---------
Info:
Am going to do a custom build for a CZ457 or Tikka T1x (i.e. new stock/chassis, new barrel, small parts, properly built, etc.). There seem to be some threads here and elsewhere saying a Vudoo or RimX isn't noticibly better than a full custom CZ or Tikka and other feedback saying "worth it". Any of the chassis / stocks, barrels, parts, etc. that I'm looking at are available for all 3 (457, T1x, 700 footprint).

Will mostly be used for long ranged plinking with maybe an occasional NRL22 match here or there.

Not considering the Steyr Zephyr 2 or Anschutz actions as most of the aftermarket stocks / chassis I want to try are not available for these actions. Not considering a Bergara B14 as after a barrel swap it's close enough in cost to the Vudoo or RimX barreled action that I'd rather just buy the Vudoo or RimX. Tried an RPR rimfire briefly and didn't like it.

I suggest you be your own judge of whether Vudoo or RimX deliver the goods. Just study the evolution of group sizes submitted to the 6x5 thread over the years and note the manufacturer.

I have a CZ 452 which is pretty much stock except for a cheek weld pad and good scope. I have only shot it maybe 4 times with the scope. I attended Rifles Only class 2 weeks ago. After the first 5 shots with my rifle, I was handed a Vudoo to complete the course. I am now shopping for a Vudoo, not just any Vudoo, but the top of the line Vudoo that was put into my hands because, it felt so good and shot so well. I would be disappointed if I bought something less and did not shoot up to my potential.
20210627_132251.jpg

You might try locating/attending an NRL22 or rimfire PRS match near your location. If your area is anything like mine (central NC), you'll have ample opportunity to put hands on and probably try out plenty of Vudoos and maybe RimXs.

I tried customizing my CZ455 with chassis, action, and trigger work. Did these upgrades improve accuracy and function? Yes. Up to Vudoo standards? No.

I also tried out a fully customized CZ 455 set up by a nationally known CZ builder before Vudoo was incorporated, with a cost close to that of a Vudoo. Did it perform up to the level of a Vudoo? No.

I have a buddy who has a "unicorn" CZ-455 in a Manners stock which is every bit as accurate as any .22 repeater I've ever encountered. The thing is a laser. But he still bought a Vudoo because a 455 is never going to feel and function like a Vudoo. If all you want is raw accuracy, you might be able to coax it out of a CZ or Tikka (and you might not), but it's for sure the effort will cost time and money. They are both fine rifles. But, no matter what customizations you put on them, they're still mass-produced factory rifles.

If anything goes wrong with your stock CZ or Tikka, who will service it for you? I had a light-strike issue with a Tikka T3X Varmint. The LGS where I bought it shipped it back to Beretta service, where it stayed for five weeks before it was returned to me, and the tenth round was a light-strike misfire. So much for "factory service." (A local smith & longtime friend diagnosed and fixed the problem in 15 minutes; other than this issue, both my Tikka centerfire rifles were excellent values, accurate & smooth.)

My Vudoo was one of about 500 rifles with the early cone breech. some of which developed a bolt-binding issue. Mine did... still functioned fine, just not as slick as it should have been. Let's just say that Vudoo took care of me, and did it fast.

Bottom line is you might - large "might" - coax Vudoo accuracy out of a CZ 45x or Tikka T1X, but no matter what you do it won't be a Vudoo. If time and money matter, just get the Vudoo and be done. If you want to do a CZ or Tikka project rifle for the joy of doing the project, have at it, and enjoy. Been there, done that.

I can't speak to RimX because I've never put hands on one. The RPRf is a misnomer... not much "precision" about them. Big disappointment, after the well-earned success of the RPR.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone.

What I was thinking when I posted - yes, I would like a Vudoo, but given that I'm not looking to compete seriously with it, I don't really want to spend $3-4k on a rimfire rifle + $1k or more on the optic. Bluntly put, for that much $ I'd have much more fun with whatever center fire custom build.
On the flip side, I do think I'm at the point where "better" gear would help me to get to the "next level" of shooting much quicker and I do think I would shoot the Vudoo more vs whatever centerfire as well.

Multiple guys here have urged you to buy the VuDoo. If you are serious about shooting sports and want to compete at the highest levels, then that is very good advice. Out of all the complete rifles on the market today, it is IMO the best over all. I have seen Anschutz 54 heavy bbl sporters that shoot slightly better as bench rest rifles than a VuDoo might but they all will lack the tactical trainer aspect, feel and finish of a Remington 700 type action for transitioning your rimfire experience to a centerfire rifle.

Your original post said: "Will mostly be used for long ranged plinking with maybe an occasional NRL22 match here or there."

That did not sound that serious. Here is what I know. I shoot rimfire benchrest (ARA Factory Class) and occasionally NRL22 and PRS rimfire matches. I am currently using two rifles for these:

ARA Factory - I am using a bone stock CZ457 Varmint Precision Trainer in the carbon fiber Manners Stock. Street price is $1,050. ARA does not allow bbl swaps or even stock/chassis swaps. Only bedding and trigger job. I have shot this rifle side by side with a VuDoo shot by a nationally ranked marksman. The CZ with good ammo is close but not as good. If I replaced the trigger and bbl and bedded it, or let John Langley do it, I could bring it up to VuDoo levels of performance but I would also have spent the price of a VuDoo. Ammo limits performance of all 22's in BR matches so, no rifle is going to be better than its ammo. Even the VuDoo. So, unless you are willing to buy and test lots of Lapua, RWS or Eley to match your rifle, none of them are going to shoot like the best on the 6x5 challenge. I have had lots of SK that shoot great but they are not consistent. Nothing else is worth looking at. So, if your idea of 22 match ammo is the Remington bucket O bullets, just by a Tikka or CZ and enjoy it. But, if you want more, then read on.

NRL22/PRS - I currently compete in Open/Sr class with a Sako Quad Custom with 20" Lilja bbl and tuned trigger, bedded into a McMillan A5 stock. You cannot buy this rifle but with a good gunsmith or good skills of your own, can replicate it. This rifle is capable of shooting as good as some VuDoo's on the bench at 50y. But it has been beaten by them just as often. Last time I shot a 6x5 with it, I was still not up to the levels in the top 10 here on the hide. So, I would respectfully say that it is a step better than the factory stock CZ457 and almost if not comparable to the VuDoo. It also costs as much or more than the high end VuDoo. I like it because it is unique but, I will still buy a VuDoo. I am just slow, lol.

I have attached a pic of the 457 and two tgts. One is the IBS50 tgt where it scored a 248/10x, typical for that rifle in my hands. The other is an ARA factory tgt which has a typical group at the top. It is a nice group with all rounds touching but still only about 1/2". The rifle has recorded multiple perfect scores in ARA match play this year. At the Lapua test center it recorded 15 shot groups of 14-15mm at 50y. That is NOT great. A good custom benchrest rifle will do 11-12mm and a great one slightly less. The best factory rifle recorded 12-13mm.

I also attached a pic of the Quad. In my opinion, it is an attractive rifle, with the fit, feel and quality of a good centerfire rifle. It mimics my Rem 700 tac rifle and is able to ring the gong at 400y when I want to making it a great PRS rig. The IBS50 tgt is scored 250/17x which is better than the CZ but only slightly and was good enough to beat a VuDoo that night on x-count only. The sighter group in the upper center bull is about 1/4" c-c and typical for that rifle at 50y. Other VuDoos can beat it but we are splitting hairs. I was practicing with a friend at our long range at 200/300/400y this past week and he had a Bergara B14R. I was grouping slightly better at 200y but in his defense, he was shooting cheap ammo and I was shooting Center X and the further out you go, the more wind and ammo is the deciding factor and less the rifle. My Sako was placing all of 10 shots inside of a 4" bull with all but two fitting neatly into a nice rounded 2" cluster at 12-1 o'clock. I could ring the 300y gong (8") every shot and the 400y gong (IPSC) every shot. I was hitting the 8" and 6" gong at 400y sometimes but at that distance vertical stringing is getting to be a factor in addition to wind, lol.

For the money you would be well served to buy the VuDoo you want and enjoy it. You do not need one for plinking and occasional NRL22 matches but so what? You will never regret buying the best. I have met Mike Bush and like and respect him as a fellow engineer and enthusiast. His designs are superb and his company has about the best customer service in the business. Plus, his rifles are USA products that can compete with anything the Euro's can throw at them.

Irish

Attachments

• CZ457.jpg
    CZ457.jpg
    555.7 KB · Views: 149
  • CZ457VPT 50y.jpg
    CZ457VPT 50y.jpg
    693.7 KB · Views: 138
  • CZ457 VPT 50y.jpg
    CZ457 VPT 50y.jpg
    655.6 KB · Views: 142
  • Sako Quad Lilja Tactical.1.jpg
    Sako Quad Lilja Tactical.1.jpg
    357 KB · Views: 123
  • Quad IBS50y.jpg
    Quad IBS50y.jpg
    628.9 KB · Views: 130
Thanks everyone.

What I was thinking when I posted - yes, I would like a Vudoo, but given that I'm not looking to compete seriously with it, I don't really want to spend $3-4k on a rimfire rifle + $1k or more on the optic. Bluntly put, for that much $ I'd have much more fun with whatever center fire custom build.
On the flip side, I do think I'm at the point where "better" gear would help me to get to the "next level" of shooting much quicker and I do think I would shoot the Vudoo more vs whatever centerfire as well.
I don't know how much the Vudoo had to do with it, or the class I took, or the fundamentals I learned as a kid but had not shot in 30+ years till this year. But with the Vudoo in hand I was hitting anything I aimed at out to 183 yards, and even hit steel out to 280 yards. FIrst time shooting at the movers I hit 6 out of 10 and by the end of 5 rounds I hit 10 for 10. I have a $1000 scope on my CZ but saw the difference in the $2000 scope on the Vudoo. So ya it would cost me around $5500 to buy the gun I was shooting with, however, there are nice Vudoos starting at $2500.

One of the fundamental differences between a souped up CZ and a Bergara Tikka or Vudoo is the form factor. I am not sure how it works on the others but I think if I were to upgrade my chassis on my CZ452 it would not be compatible with other calibers. A Vudoo and some of the other chassis are on a Remington 700 form factor, so you can take the $1000+ chassis and put swap out to any short action caliber so up to .308. I talked to guys in the class I took that used the same chassis for their Vudoo and Centerfire just swapped it out when competing. Others buy two chassis and can practice with .22 and have the same configuration as their centerfire rifle.

I am under the impression larger caliber rounds are going for $1 each. I was shooting 10 cent CCI Standard Velocity, they have since gone up to 12 cents/round but still that is a lot of money saved per day at the range.

Go to a shoot as there should be multiple people with a vudoo or rimx. I am in the same boat. Wanted an accurate 22, try my hand in some match work, but mainly just a fun long range 22 plinker.

I bought a vudoo out the gate as I know I didn’t want to be messing around with different ammo’s different guns hoping to find the best. My shooting partner bought a rimx with a lothar barrel. We had a little tinkering with it at first but it has proven to be extremely reliable as well.

So this is what we noticed (unbelievably small sample of 3 vudoo’s and 2 rimx’s).

- The rimx as far as feel and user friendly is better. The prefit option is fantastic for the fact of new bullets like the cutting edge crux out you could order a new barrel to be able to shoot them but not with vudoo. The feel of the cycle is smoother, and cleaner with the rimx. The action is incredible. The magazine is a great idea, great design and over all well thought out.

- the vudoo is tough to beat. Out of the box the thing isn’t picky, it works damn near flawlessly, and accurate is an understatement! The vudoo works great but isn’t as smooth. The vudoo seems to need to be cleaned more regularly to keep bolt cycle smooth. In cold cold weather and a dirty action the vudoo is rough and hard to run the bolt fast. The magazines are reliable and cheaper which is nice. The three 60 is amazing and prefer it too my 90 degree vudoo and was going to sell it for one but my vudoo shoots too good!!

If vudoo comes out with a prefit system I’d never look past them. It’s nice to have the option on barrel length, twist rate, and contour for balance, shootability, and options on ammo. I’m thinking strongly on getting a rimx and keeping my vudoo. I shoot them enough now as it’s just too much fun, and running a faster twist longer barrel for some more extreme work.

Reactions: Williwaw
Multiple guys here have urged you to buy the VuDoo. If you are serious about shooting sports and want to compete at the highest levels, then that is very good advice. Out of all the complete rifles on the market today, it is IMO the best over all. I have seen Anschutz 54 heavy bbl sporters that shoot slightly better as bench rest rifles than a VuDoo might but they all will lack the tactical trainer aspect, feel and finish of a Remington 700 type action for transitioning your rimfire experience to a centerfire rifle.

Your original post said: "Will mostly be used for long ranged plinking with maybe an occasional NRL22 match here or there."

That did not sound that serious. Here is what I know. I shoot rimfire benchrest (ARA Factory Class) and occasionally NRL22 and PRS rimfire matches. I am currently using two rifles for these:

ARA Factory - I am using a bone stock CZ457 Varmint Precision Trainer in the carbon fiber Manners Stock. Street price is $1,050. ARA does not allow bbl swaps or even stock/chassis swaps. Only bedding and trigger job. I have shot this rifle side by side with a VuDoo shot by a nationally ranked marksman. The CZ with good ammo is close but not as good. If I replaced the trigger and bbl and bedded it, or let John Langley do it, I could bring it up to VuDoo levels of performance but I would also have spent the price of a VuDoo. Ammo limits performance of all 22's in BR matches so, no rifle is going to be better than its ammo. Even the VuDoo. So, unless you are willing to buy and test lots of Lapua, RWS or Eley to match your rifle, none of them are going to shoot like the best on the 6x5 challenge. I have had lots of SK that shoot great but they are not consistent. Nothing else is worth looking at. So, if your idea of 22 match ammo is the Remington bucket O bullets, just by a Tikka or CZ and enjoy it. But, if you want more, then read on.

NRL22/PRS - I currently compete in Open/Sr class with a Sako Quad Custom with 20" Lilja bbl and tuned trigger, bedded into a McMillan A5 stock. You cannot buy this rifle but with a good gunsmith or good skills of your own, can replicate it. This rifle is capable of shooting as good as some VuDoo's on the bench at 50y. But it has been beaten by them just as often. Last time I shot a 6x5 with it, I was still not up to the levels in the top 10 here on the hide. So, I would respectfully say that it is a step better than the factory stock CZ457 and almost if not comparable to the VuDoo. It also costs as much or more than the high end VuDoo. I like it because it is unique but, I will still buy a VuDoo. I am just slow, lol.

I have attached a pic of the 457 and two tgts. One is the IBS50 tgt where it scored a 248/10x, typical for that rifle in my hands. The other is an ARA factory tgt which has a typical group at the top. It is a nice group with all rounds touching but still only about 1/2". The rifle has recorded multiple perfect scores in ARA match play this year. At the Lapua test center it recorded 15 shot groups of 14-15mm at 50y. That is NOT great. A good custom benchrest rifle will do 11-12mm and a great one slightly less. The best factory rifle recorded 12-13mm.

I also attached a pic of the Quad. In my opinion, it is an attractive rifle, with the fit, feel and quality of a good centerfire rifle. It mimics my Rem 700 tac rifle and is able to ring the gong at 400y when I want to making it a great PRS rig. The IBS50 tgt is scored 250/17x which is better than the CZ but only slightly and was good enough to beat a VuDoo that night on x-count only. The sighter group in the upper center bull is about 1/4" c-c and typical for that rifle at 50y. Other VuDoos can beat it but we are splitting hairs. I was practicing with a friend at our long range at 200/300/400y this past week and he had a Bergara B14R. I was grouping slightly better at 200y but in his defense, he was shooting cheap ammo and I was shooting Center X and the further out you go, the more wind and ammo is the deciding factor and less the rifle. My Sako was placing all of 10 shots inside of a 4" bull with all but two fitting neatly into a nice rounded 2" cluster at 12-1 o'clock. I could ring the 300y gong (8") every shot and the 400y gong (IPSC) every shot. I was hitting the 8" and 6" gong at 400y sometimes but at that distance vertical stringing is getting to be a factor in addition to wind, lol.

For the money you would be well served to buy the VuDoo you want and enjoy it. You do not need one for plinking and occasional NRL22 matches but so what? You will never regret buying the best. I have met Mike Bush and like and respect him as a fellow engineer and enthusiast. His designs are superb and his company has about the best customer service in the business. Plus, his rifles are USA products that can compete with anything the Euro's can throw at them.

Irish

Nice post Irish, that is all solid info based on personal experience, I'm sure valuable to the OP and others that follow. Thanks for taking the time to put this out there.

I own a RimX and shoot at the Angeles Range (north LA area) fairly regularly. If you (or anyone else in this thread) are interested in getting some hands on time with it let me know and we can work something out.
I have a question for Socal shooters. I just visited Los Alamitos and took my nephew shooting for the first time. Tons of indoor ranges everywhere. Where can you shoot outdoors or long range?

I have a question for Socal shooters. I just visited Los Alamitos and took my nephew shooting for the first time. Tons of indoor ranges everywhere. Where can you shoot outdoors or long range?
Angeles has paper to 200 and steel to 600. I beleive Pala has steel to 900 or so but not sure on paper. California Tactical Academy has steel to 1000 and paper to 500.

Vudoo will make you a 9 twist which is what I am going for.

I know they are in the midst of testing faster twist with the results leading to running faster twist but didn’t realize they were done or settled on a twist.

Yes, you can order one, many have been ordered. But, you'll hear a disclaimer that "we have seen mixed results." "We" isn't and has never been "me" and I don't support the disclaimer.

MB

I went with a Rim-X. I liked the adjustable mags and the prefit barrel option.
20210428_193511.jpg

As far as spending as much money on a 22lr as a custom built centerfire...I would have never built a centerfire rifle if I had built the 22lr first.
I have more fun with the 22lr than the centerfire rifles.

Thanks for the solid feedback everyone.

Long story short - you guys have mostly convinced me to get the RimX or Vudoo.
------------------------
Initial hesitation I left out:
1) I was expecting a custom action to only shoot ~0.1" better but cost $2-4k more.
2) Probably / Likely that neither will be THAT much smoother vs a CZ457 or T1x, again, for $2-4k more.
3) Very few places to shoot long range in southern CA as Franko says above. Most places are indoors and limited to 25yards. Angeles and Pala are a 2 hour drive for me 1 way without traffic... and I think most of you know "no traffic" southern CA is very rare. CTA is about 3-4 hours one way, again, assuming no traffic. (On a random aside, this blatant lack of land / access is the 2nd biggest and MOST overlooked reason for why I think most of CA is anti-gun... and why parts of the rest of the country are going this way too as more land gets developed or privatized. Anyways, I digress).

However, after thinking about it, my goal is to get better, even if it's only for my own enjoyment and not for serious competition. And given that a CZ457 and T1x do not feel like anything I'd consider building a custom centerfire on, it's not going to "train me" as well. Yes, a 457 is still basically a mini-Mauser, but running it feels nothing like running a full size Mauser based action to me. The fact that I can share a chassis (and maybe a few certain stocks if bedding doesn't mess it up) with a centerfire is nice extra. W/ regards to ammo, I don't plan on chasing lots, but I will be feeding various levels of RWS, SK Std+ or "above". "Good enough" for NRL type stuff is fine with me, not looking to break records or win Benchrest / F-Class type competitions. May run the occasional Eley or Lapua but would prefer not to due to ammo access issues in CA.

Last edited:
@ocabj is in your area and runs some 22 matches, uses a Vudoo, others probably do too. I agree with everyone else, get a Vudoo because they’re great, but maybe if you drop by a match you can see one first.

@penguinofsleep, the thought process through which you're going now has played out on SH several times since I jumped down the precision rifle rabbit hole four years ago. It's the norm that accuracy is the primary consideration - maybe the only consideration - early on (well, budget is a primary consideration too, of course). But there's so much more to consider if budget permits.

With a Vudoo, there is so much more than raw accuracy (again, I've never touched a RimX, and Zermatt has a great reputation). The form factor which gives you an incredible choice of stocks and chassis in which to mount your barreled action. The overall feel of the thing. The pride of ownership, the support Vudoo provides to buyers and the shooting community, the knowledge that Vudoo builds rimfire rifles and ONLY rimfire rifles.

Think about this: despite the overwhelming success of the 1st-gen V22 which appeared just four years ago, @RAVAGE88 has already given us the gen-1.1, gen-2, Three-60, and V22-S. I am eagerly awaiting ready availability of 1:9 fast-twist barrels. Mike, Jill, and Paul grabbed the rimfire world by the ankles with these innovations and, despite phenomenal growth and demand, remain true to providing a level of product and service only a few vendors approach, let alone match.

Across all the other threads reminiscent of this one, someone has always pointed out: if you "settle" for a lesser rifle, you'll always have the voice in the back of your mind that whispers "should I have gotten the Vudoo?" Has anyone ever gotten a Vudoo and had that voice asking, "should I have gotten the CZ/Tikka?" I don't thinks so... but if he/she ever did regret the buy, correctly-priced Vudoos sell in the PX in hours if not minutes.

Good luck!
(No, I am not a paid shill for Vudoo. I am a near-septuagenarian who puts a very high value on intellect, integrity and service, and the people who founded Vudoo have exemplified these qualities since my first interaction with them. Buy with confidence.)

Vudoo will make you a 9 twist which is what I am going for.
This is NOT TRUE. Yet.
Edit: See following posts. I received conflicting info, awaiting clarification.

I checked with Jill this morning. Testing is ongoing, and she said not to anticipate public availability from Vudoo until next year.

Nobody wants a Vudoo 1:9 twist barrel more than me. Let's not spread rumors without confirmation. I think I've read that fast-twist .22LR barrels can indeed be ordered from other vendors - but Vudoo isn't offering them yet.

Last edited:
This is NOT TRUE. Yet.

I checked with Jill this morning. Testing is ongoing, and she said not to anticipate public availability from Vudoo until next year.

Nobody wants a Vudoo 1:9 twist barrel more than me. Let's not spread rumors without confirmation. I think I've read that fast-twist .22LR barrels can indeed be ordered from other vendors - but Vudoo isn't offering them yet.
So @RAVAGE88 post I quoted is a lie?

Main difference between the two is a RimX is a complete custom build. After buying all the parts and having two gunsmiths go down the shitter for various reasons. Travis Stevens, TSCustoms delivered on time and absolute perfection with my rifle. Looking back I should have bought a Primal Rights RimX by TSCustoms

Ok, I just got off the phone with Jill, with Paul chiming in near the end of the conversation. Mike is in the field, and I bet he weighs in here at some point.

Takeaways:
  • Vudoo is not offering 1:9 or any other fast twist barrels as a supported item at this time.
  • If someone calls and really wants to "order" a fast-twist barrel, that person's name will be put on a list - but that's not the same as actually placing an order. At present, they haven't even nailed down the final specs for their fast-twist barrel, let alone sourced it and put it in their system as an "orderable," supported item.
  • It's expected to be several months before people on this list will get Vudoo fast-twist barrels.
  • If someone provides a fast-twist Shilen, Lilja, etc. barrel to Vudoo and asks that the barrel be fitted to a V22 action, they'll do so - but they do not guarantee the accuracy of the result! Paul speculated that this may have been the situation with @b6graham 's friend.
Mike is incredibly passionate about evolving .22LR capability far beyond what "the industry" ever though possible, and is very forthcoming to the enthusiast community about those efforts - we see that on SH all the time, right? It appears that Mike's recounting of official and enthusiasts' anecdotal testing has led to a blurring of what can actually be ordered, and/or what "placing an order" for a fast-twist barrel means.

OP, sorry for pulling your thread down a side path. But in a way it underscores why Vudoo has come so far so fast: a question comes up about a new offering, and the founders of the company provide input. That's not hap'nin with CZ or Tikka.

Reactions: RAVAGE88
I have some very fine rifles in all calibers, but have never had a custom rifle anything. I was about to buy an Anschutz 1710 rifle, but they were out of stock and due to Covid, no idea of when any would arrive. I have several German rifles, including Anschutz, and they are all top of the line in their categories.
After reading this forum and the competition results, I ordered a Vudoo Apparition with a MPA chassis and MTU barrel in .22LR. After a four month wait, I took delivery. This is truly a superior rifle compared to any I own. It's certainly tops in its category.
Get one. You'll never look back. Buy once, cry once. Smile forever.;)

If someone provides a fast-twist Shilen, Lilja, etc. barrel to Vudoo and asks that the barrel be fitted to a V22 action, they'll do so - but they do not guarantee the accuracy of the result! Paul speculated that this may have been the situation with @b6graham 's friend.
I ordered the 10 Twist 360 that @b6graham mentioned. You are exactly right. I had the barrel drop shipped from shilen to vudoo.

They installed for a reasonable charge above the action cost.

There was no guarantees on it performing, and I was okay with that as it is an experimental setup.

Super impressed that vudoo would go so far outside their normal production to make my experiment a reality. Cannot recommend them enough.

I ordered the 10 Twist 360 that @b6graham mentioned. You are exactly right. I had the barrel drop shipped from shilen to vudoo.

They installed for a reasonable charge above the action cost.

There was no guarantees on it performing, and I was okay with that as it is an experimental setup.

Super impressed that vudoo would go so far outside their normal production to make my experiment a reality. Cannot recommend them enough.
Thanks for clarifying. I have been following your posts in the "22lr twist rate advantages" thread. Good stuff.

• Vudoo is not offering 1:9 or any other fast twist barrels as a supported item at this time.
The above is new as of today and we've scheduled another planning meeting this Thursday (the initial discussion was June 3rd). The barrel specs for the nine twist have been finalized, but I'm playing with a few other things that could possibly be options within what we do with the fast twist. In addition and more importantly, various processes have to be emplaced in St. George as I'm out ahead of production by a pretty large margin and with current demand, it'll take a little while to get everything in place.

For those that might consider sending a faster twist barrel to St. George, accuracy can be guaranteed as long as specific directives are understood ahead of time and followed without fail; the most important being, no muzzle threads. Anyone with questions about this can reach out to me anytime.

MB

Last edited:
@ocabj is in your area and runs some 22 matches, uses a Vudoo, others probably do too. I agree with everyone else, get a Vudoo because they’re great, but maybe if you drop by a match you can see one first.
Yup, the OP asked this question on the calguns forum and I let him know there he can stop by our match to check out mine as well as any of the others that show up (usually at least one other ; match participation has been down since start of COVID).

I haven't seen a RimX at our match, yet. I honestly wouldn't mind building one, but I'd rather just get a Vudoo 360 if I get another .22LR rifle. Frankly, the only thing holding me back from getting a RimX or another Vudoo (or any other rifle for that matter) is the cost of optics. Once you go top tier optics, you don't want to go back down and it makes rifle buying all the more painful.

the only thing holding me back from getting a RimX or another Vudoo (or any other rifle for that matter) is the cost of optics. Once you go top tier optics, you don't want to go back down and it makes rifle buying all the more painful.
This is so true.

Reactions: Williwaw
Frankly, the only thing holding me back from getting a RimX or another Vudoo (or any other rifle for that matter) is the cost of optics. Once you go top tier optics, you don't want to go back down and it makes rifle buying all the more painful.
That is also a problem for me purchasing a Vudoo. The one I borrowed had a scope twice the cost of my current one and I could tell the difference. I could tell the difference between the Leupold Mk 5 and my Vortex Viper. Then when I research the Leupold I read how much happier a Night Force would make me.