• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo or?

rizzle

Private
Minuteman
Mar 8, 2013
N.W. IOWA
I really would like a super accurate. 22, the thing is I don't shoot a lot of high power so I don't need it as trainer. I don't really shoot benchrest either. I basically shoot against myself, which can sometimes be worse than anything else. So my question is if I order a Vodoo, what will give me the best accuracy,18in vs 20, ace barrels vs proof vs , Bartline or should I look a different gun? I can tell you that I don't want a custom 455.

Have you looked at the tikka T1x yet? The vudoo is a bit over the top for me right now so I've been following how the Tikkas are doing.

While I originally intended what has become the Vudoo to be a trainer for CF match/duty rifles (exceeding every expectation I had), the platform has branched out quite a bit in the 18 or so months it's been out. Many of our customers are the same as you; getting into shooting and using the Vudoo as their stand-alone platform. When it comes to accuracy, barrel length isn't directly related. Our most popular lengths are 18 and 20 inches, we don't commonly build rifles with barrels longer than 22 inches.

Our own barrel (Vudoo/Ace) is our most popular, but the other brands that have passed our testing have proven to be excellent performers as well. Some seem to choose from our selection based on brand loyalty, but rest assured, if we're using it on our builds, the performance we expect will be there.

Hope this helps....

MB

if you don't want a tricked out CZ 455, and the vudoo is a bit much for your needs, the tikka might be a good fit. I have 455 that I'm thinking about selling. Sits in a xray chassis...shoots great. But I want some of the other things that the vudoo offers. Still on the fence...

if you don't want a tricked out CZ 455, and the vudoo is a bit much for your needs, the tikka might be a good fit. I have 455 that I'm thinking about selling. Sits in a xray chassis...shoots great. But I want some of the other things that the vudoo offers. Still on the fence...
Ya know you want it....
Put a dent in that plastic today...

A recent customer service shoutout for Vudoo/ @RAVAGE88.
Bought an extra mag with my build and it was missed when the rifle shipped.
Contacted Vudoo via email.
Had a responce and shipping date before the end of the day.
Package showed up and had an extra mag in it for my inconvenience.
Couple of decals and other swag as well.

R

Last edited:
Ya know you want it....
Put a dent in that plastic today...

A recent customer service shoutout for Vudoo/ @RAVAGE88.
Bought an extra mag with my build and it was missed when the rifle shipped.
Contacted Vudoo via email.
Had a responce and shipping date before the end of the day.
Package showed up and had an extra mag in it for my inconvenience.
Couple of decals and other swag as well.

R

I'm selling off some stuff to raise money. Will have to decide if I want the vudoo or a Lilja for my 455. Big price difference.

I don't want to come across biased (but I think I am at this point). I have owned a lot of very high end rimfires over the years and none have the quality of the V-22 action and magazine system. The icing on the cake is that your stock / chassis options are wide open as you can use any R700 SA and any aftermarket trigger. So you can spec it out however suits your needs the best.

If you want a top quality rimfire the V-22 is going to be very hard to beat.

I have one CZ 455 that is super accurate, and one I bought specifically to use for matches. The factory barrel shot good but I wanted a bit more. Swapped it for a Feddersen Barrel and I fought with an occasional flier so ended up selling the whole rifle to fund a Vudoo. By the time I would’ve put more money into it, I would’ve spent enough to buy a Vudoo in the first place.

My recommendation is this, if you already have a T1x and Kidd and they don’t quite suite your needs, I would look hard into a Vudoo. An Anschutz is very accurate as well but the options you can get with a Vudoo and accuracy nearly everyone is achieving would make me lean hard towards a Vudoo instead. That’s just my opinion though.

I played this game for a bit.....trying to figure out what I really wanted for NRL22.
I've had 4 Annies in the past, so my expectations were high. I loved everything about the Vudoo, except for the cost. I then convinced myself that a KIDD Super-grade was the answer. I ordered and received the KIDD and was very underwhelmed. So, I sold it and debated with myself for several nights. I knew the answer but I was also very skeptical about a $3k .22 LR. I had no reason to be skeptical, I just talked myself into be skeptical. I finally caved and purchsed the Vudoo in an MPA with a Trigger-Tech trigger. All I can tell you is, if you go Vudoo, you will NOT be disapointed. If you go with anything else, it will be a crap shoot. The Vudoo is by far my favorite 22LR, that I've owned. That includes Annie 1710's, 1712's. The awesome mag design of the Vudoo should not be ignored....it's ICING ON THE CAKE.

I played this game for a bit.....trying to figure out what I really wanted for NRL22.
I've had 4 Annies in the past, so my expectations were high. I loved everything about the Vudoo, except for the cost. I then convinced myself that a KIDD Super-grade was the answer. I ordered and received the KIDD and was very underwhelmed. So, I sold it and debated with myself for several nights. I knew the answer but I was also very skeptical about a $3k .22 LR. I had no reason to be skeptical, I just talked myself into be skeptical. I finally caved and purchsed the Vudoo in an MPA with a Trigger-Tech trigger. All I can tell you is, if you go Vudoo, you will NOT be disapointed. If you go with anything else, it will be a crap shoot. The Vudoo is by far my favorite 22LR, that I've owned. That includes Annie 1710's, 1712's. The awesome mag design of the Vudoo should not be ignored....it's ICING ON THE CAKE.

Same.

I bought a T1X thinking it would cure the fever. Thought about buying a KIDD for a week or so then I finally broke down and ordered a V22 last week. Went with a KRG Whiskey 3 stock and TT Diamond trigger. Now the excited wait while I try to figure out what optic I want to put on it.

I'll still probably drop the T1X in a Bravo Chassis when they land and set it up for my Dad so he can do some NRL as well.

Reactions: RAVAGE88
There are a fair number of us here that had jelrod convert CMP-sourced 40X/XB rifles into repeaters that use the same Mike Bush-designed 10rd mags that the Vudoo V-22 uses. I sent my oldest, most beat-up 40X to Jonathan, and put a Benchmark 3-groove bbl on it when I got it back. In a B&C #2015 stock with Jewell trigger & Athlon Cronus scope, it's been a fine rifle. After having pretty much the same experience with another jelrod CMP 40XB/Krieger repeater, I figured my needs were fulfilled.

Only problem was, I kept looking at photos of the then new V-22s, and couldn't get past the desire to have one. Eventually bought an action & put another Krieger/Jewell/Cronus package on it, then bedded it into a Manners T4A Elite. The V-22 had a few ejection issues, but after contacting Paul at VGW for advice - and telling him I wanted to do the extractor tuning myself - I received a youtube-style video via text, and following his advice in the video resulted in an excellent smooth-running rifle. I couldn't be happier with that original V-22 rifle; in fact, I liked it so much that when a customer asked me to build a V-22 for him, and learning that they weren't currently able to sell bare actions due to the high demand for complete rifles & bbl'd actions, I bought four bbl'd actions - two for customers, and two more for myself. Despite my best efforts at tuning my 40X & XB extractors/pushers, I've not been able to get them to feed quite as smoothly as the V-22s do, although the accuracy out of the Krieger on the 40XB is so close to that of the Krieger on the 1st V-22 that it's impossible for me to say with any certainty which one shoots the best. I seriously doubt we'll ever see a better 22RF repeater system than the V-22 - better in accuracy, reliabilty, and in the flexibility to set one up any way you see fit. It's just that good. If you don't want to invest the money in one, my best advice is - don't let anyone talk you into shooting one.

Yeah my new CZ455 appears to be quite accurate. I am for now content BUT...after shooting both the CZ and the V-22 side by side at 100yds...there was a substantial difference in concistency. The V-22 grouped darn near HALF as small groups. Was amazing.

I shoot with a bunch of locals. Long range. Little targets out to 300 yards. Several of them are very serious about their rimfires, having gone through the most expensive Anschutz, whatever that 2500 is, 40X's and I don't know what all. I went to a small local match yesterday. there were 10 or 12 shooters. They all had Vudoos except one guy. I went to a match there a month or so ago. 15 or 16 shooters. All Vudoos. These guys are not going to let money keep them from the most accurate rifles. The other rifles are in the safe or sold. Buy a Vudoo. I did. :)

I shoot with a bunch of locals. Long range. Little targets out to 300 yards. Several of them are very serious about their rimfires, having gone through the most expensive Anschutz, whatever that 2500 is, 40X's and I don't know what all. I went to a small local match yesterday. there were 10 or 12 shooters. They all had Vudoos except one guy. I went to a match there a month or so ago. 15 or 16 shooters. All Vudoos. These guys are not going to let money keep them from the most accurate rifles. The other rifles are in the safe or sold. Buy a Vudoo. I did. :)

Ordered today, another Vudoo coming to Ohio!
Thanks Paul.

I have access to a Bill Calfee 52C for sale if your interested in a real tackdriver.
Lilja makes good barrels but I think you will find Shilen and MullerWorks button rifled barrels dominating the biggest matches.
You also don't really pick a barrel length on a super accurate 22 you buy a blank and after slugging the bore for the tightest roundest point that is what determines your length.
I have never heard of a Vudoo but new actions come out all the time. Stiller 2500 Di Orio Turbo Baity Falcon 10X all make good actions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kevin1
For myself how a rifle feels while using it is a critical moment of truth. I'd never touched or seen a Vudoo before purchasing and it was a leap of faith to commit to the purchash. I've never looked back and have zero regrets. The tactile feel while operating the Vudoo action is how a proper bolt action should feel, never mind the caliber, and is what separates it from the competition and all the rifles in my safe. Then add the exceptional accuracy and aftersales support experience for icing on the cake.

On my death bed I guarantee I'll never regret purchasing my Vudoo V22. (y)

Last edited:
Went ahead and just ordered a Vudoo, a big thanks to the guys there. Did a fantastic job answering all my questions and answering questions I didn't have.

I bought two CZ455's and did extensive mods ($$$$) to them. I finally couldn't stand it any more and bought a V22. I was able to sell one of the CZ455s and probably will sell the other soon.

I am honestly thinking about selling my Anschutz. I don't think Ill sell my Vudoo any time soon. It may not be as accurate as my Anschutz but for me and how I shoot it is a better fit. I built my Anschutz as a double duty rifle (both precision scoped repeater and to shoot slung up prone), but I simply don't have time to do both...

I have a vudoo as a trainer for my PRS guns and just a fun all around gun. I love the fact I can use a remington 700 stock and it shoots lights out. I moved up from a CZ-455 and it was definitely worth the upgrade. Although I didn’t take the cheap route with the vudoo and it was a costly gun, but it is probably my current favorite gun in the safe. We’ve been shooting them at 200 and 300 yards for practice which is just a blast.

Recently I wanted something different so I bought a Kidd 10/22 and it is crazy accurate (as accurate as the vudoo under 100 yards) and fun at about half the price. My only complaint is the lack of stock choices. Ended up with a victor titan but wish I could get a manners stock for it.

Attached is my vudoo in the current setup.

Attachments

• A8037CB4-454E-4A40-80CA-C727EBE297F4.jpeg
    A8037CB4-454E-4A40-80CA-C727EBE297F4.jpeg
    391.1 KB · Views: 160
I am honestly thinking about selling my Anschutz. I don't think Ill sell my Vudoo any time soon. It may not be as accurate as my Anschutz but for me and how I shoot it is a better fit. I built my Anschutz as a double duty rifle (both precision scoped repeater and to shoot slung up prone), but I simply don't have time to do both...

Jesse, I recently sold my 1st 40X repeater. Still have the 40XB repeater in a Manners T4A mini chassis, fitted with a Krieger in Rem sendero/varmint contour. After cutting the counter-bored threads off & re-threading, this one shoots as good as the Krieger on the 1st V-22, and I'm not crazy about selling it. Dan Cliff at the Lapua Test Center should have that V-22 tested on Monday, and then I'll start trying to free up funds to purchase what I can afford of whichever lot of whatever grade of Lapua he finds to work best. Based on past experience, these two Kriegers will shoot very much alike, so whatever works in the Vudoo should also shoot well in the 40XB. Hopefully, it'll also shot well out of the 22" Bartlein Kukri on the other V-22 - they ask that whatever you send to be tested have at least 1000rds through it, and due to the crappy weather we've had this winter, I doubt I've got more than 400rds through that Bartlein so far.

Point is, I've got a nearly new Anschutz 2011, and though I like it very much, it's not getting much use, as I don't shoot nearly as much prone bullseye as I used to. I'd hate to have to let it go, but there's only so much time that can be dedicated to shooting. I think I can feel your pain when it comes to making the decision whether or not to sell your Anschutz...

Point is, I've got a nearly new Anschutz 2011, and though I like it very much, it's not getting much use, as I don't shoot nearly as much prone bullseye as I used to. I'd hate to have to let it go, but there's only so much time that can be dedicated to shooting. I think I can feel your pain when it comes to making the decision whether or not to sell your Anschutz...

Yep, it a hard decision! But these V22 actions are so nice for the 22lr repeater thing. If I sold my Anschutz I may buy a more dedicated prone single shot, maybe not even an Anschutz I have always wanted a G&E Racer or a Bleiker...

At the gun club Saturday a guy was shooting a really old 22lr from Montgomery Wards can’t remember the model but had a wooden stock,tube feed long thin barrel shooting cheap Aguila and that thing shot 3/4 in group at 50yrds with iron sights and at 100 it was 1.5. I thought that was awesome I just sold Ruger M-77/22 with scope that couldn’t’t shoot that good ! If I didn’t already ordered a Vudoo I would have tried to buy that gun. Amazing how old things come back around like flip phones,records. Who New!!!!!

At the gun club Saturday a guy was shooting a really old 22lr from Montgomery Wards can’t remember the model but had a wooden stock,tube feed long thin barrel shooting cheap Aguila and that thing shot 3/4 in group at 50yrds with iron sights and at 100 it was 1.5. I thought that was awesome I just sold Ruger M-77/22 with scope that couldn’t’t shoot that good ! If I didn’t already ordered a Vudoo I would have tried to buy that gun. Amazing how old things come back around like flip phones,records. Who New!!!!!
I have a p-54 Sako that's stupid accurate, but I'd much rather have a Vudoo. Funny how some 22's will just shoot.

It ‘s crazy . If he had a scope on it might be a one hole group

Would be fun to take a old gun like that and beat all the people with high end rifle set ups me included haha
When I shoot trap at the gun clib I use Remington 870 marine mag it’s so cool to beat the high end shotgun shooters not that I beat them every time but when I do feels great. Win a battle not the war hahha

Reactions: PAYDIRT
I had an Anschutz a year before the Vudoo was released and I thought that would be the end all and be all in precision rimfire bolt rifles for me. It was very accurate with one type of ammo and that ammo was not cheap. The trigger was very crisp but extremely light and nothing like my centerfire rifles. It was very awkward doing mag changes the way it was designed. I ended up selling it in practically new condition and ordered a Vudoo as they just hit the market. What a great decision! It has everything that the Annie was lacking. I can get great groups withheld cheaper SK ammo or if I want to show off used the Lapua ammo. It feels like a centerfire rifle to me though and through. All the other 22s out there will feel toyish in comparison.

Reactions: MuleyTime
I have some extremely accurate 22 Benchrest rifles built by the world's best 22 builder and my favourite fun gun is a Remington 541 Sporter model shooting Remington yellow jacket ammunition.

What didn't like about your KIDD?
I also have a KIDD supergrade and find the double stage trigger (3oz/3oz) very nice.

I have access to a Bill Calfee 52C for sale if your interested in a real tackdriver.
Lilja makes good barrels but I think you will find Shilen and MullerWorks button rifled barrels dominating the biggest matches.
You also don't really pick a barrel length on a super accurate 22 you buy a blank and after slugging the bore for the tightest roundest point that is what determines your length.
I have never heard of a Vudoo but new actions come out all the time. Stiller 2500 Di Orio Turbo Baity Falcon 10X all make good actions.

This is also what I was thinking and what I have read in The Art Of Rimfire Accuracy by Bill Calfee.

While I understand the popularity of Vudoo as Rem 700 platform (especially on this forum), I’m not sure it would be any more accurate than a factory Anschutz. Also like any factory rimfire rifle (that has a standard barrel length with no slugging to know where to cut the barrel as you mentioned, as well as the variations from barrel to barrel), some will shoot in the 0.1s, while others will shoot in the high 0.3s or even 0.4s at 50Y.

I currently have an Anschutz 1710 and full custom CZ455 and both shoot in high 0.2s at 50Y with ammo/lot they like and in the 0.7s-0.8s at 100Y. My Kidd Supergrade shoots in the 0.3s-0.4s (I haven’t shot it much).

I’d like to buy a new 22lr rifle. I’d like to get the most accurate and consistent sporter I can get. At this point I think the best way to achieve this is to go with a custom build. I still need to do some more reading on the Vudoo, but my first impression is that the Vudoo is great rifle as Rem 700 platform that is accurate and reliable. However, at this point I’m not 100% confident that it would fill my expectation in the accuracy department (I would like to avoid the luck of draw).

A friend I shoot 100/200 yd matches against has a custom Stiller/Benchmark rifle and just installed new 54.30 Anschutz action in his aging Anschutz match rifle 6 months ago. He uses the Anschutz for 100 and the Stiller for 200. He showed up last weekend with the Stiller...……. and a new Vudoo. :)

Another reason to get one.
If you have access to NRL22 matches.
A short version of the "PRS/NRL" centerfire and one helluva good time.
No reloading ;)

R

If I were interested in primarily 22RF BR, I'd probably go with a single shot custom and either slug a bbl myself, or have another gunsmith do so to get the absolute last little bit of accuracy potential possible out of the completed rifle. But for what I'm doing, the V-22 - purchased as a bbl'd action or complete rifle - is head & shoulders better than anything else I'm aware of, both as a stand-alone match rifle & as a trainer. Someone with the means to have an experienced RF BR gunsmith do the bbl fitting & chambering might very well come up with a rifle more accurate than the average V-22, but I doubt it'd be enough of an improvement to make any difference to me personally.

I had an Anschutz a year before the Vudoo was released and I thought that would be the end all and be all in precision rimfire bolt rifles for me. It was very accurate with one type of ammo and that ammo was not cheap. The trigger was very crisp but extremely light and nothing like my centerfire rifles. It was very awkward doing mag changes the way it was designed. I ended up selling it in practically new condition and ordered a Vudoo as they just hit the market.
I found a cheap ammo for it ;) Shoots like a champ! Thanks again.

nnin1WTyo4XkG6d4ay439z3eK7vELU6lupTPrfPlFU3vVc6ZC0nisTZ0xsjnJMN5_w1l7m7Mm5BNfPcz9jx-N2NUOpowUqWzCcPG2ycojWLErT_zvqbMXqM8EQeAjSIVsUl2YQCxSh_AobGwnlFtUMEkG3LxqrQCgtxbzo5vPDxO1e4bIC0P5e7fSa_9LZfAmEdMI0zeZ7jiTc3IfzAQOtUhAmPsapV1YvQ-1CvTdIOVEl3W0Y_UMoj-xVIqxPph6FTWFPPtT3VnOcGk4tidj7I4aV4jlokeic7iwpNcDv-nqu8Udoq3GLyOd78VzWOt1l0XrOn-b118Yx9i-U6oyBpV4mq9cM4-8iQEnUK8i-Hgiga_iwKAlyrQ-Dxn4N-kYyc947niR7tCmnaGE9LONYcQNVeY7iwAJIFF5MVPTiGnb5mIauFv-F1M7gx2mAm9F-yrLqVUl3zAxnzwdoO4tyNU1MRw0AiVo4v9jHjUwTyAbIaIDXJljoJOTg4fZs6c4Lg6S1zRI8jtqC1isgDCiuu7zDHk_EGqS8-kmjVmVhHabDEYp7IDAWP97mQuyahmo8LNAx63ntfDEwPCkdnaBtWl6TqPdlu8zZyOMAPngFJgq1ilgZUbHumeHy68s8cwBiBmJepqGoniDGjCrKHM5NNuw_2oqY1pRpH-cy4QV2kfwnnEr_9jIjKuhOW7m6Kzf_Zsfep1KK2h5NUbR-Q6zYln=w599-h798-no

Q6Kb4oVnzsbTVEBSiB3VjmIgfhYsSNc2W_w6VEPQuJQjQIIm8looc6bkKGEYYAP82_825vZlORyiZPKNquxToPgLub4sIF2bsKNDP5Xf1PE8DwTjWS23SRYQxkdsdvQgsYV4FRhcOkJM97gttv_VGHBbpJ8eR--CN1Qxxj6BTkehWhSK2j2YViCdwExat_0DWe96nEG88yO9TN1K_3wrfY5YE3q5D9w15uwjpYL6O2vykpZBB5YYKD1ZZhar22lhDjtB_w_eh7CMRq5UlE3d1D0OU9f_BgO_6DqkMRKXakUAp7ZxR7Phsgue3jsnwqEo1qglzK2lOeXux71mBvTKQuJQU1VMsLfvVgCeJAy5KqsM_lqaY4AFczIjQ-orH9fzMiK-V2RPCedZtgZSpG5Ug81J9Y3_fzwOTu6aeG7BNCHXLvZq0mgzKuskWjuopS4zkWTeBNkVTB4kBTceFNny823D51mMF4XuT3AIWjkEFsPKeShl5HGvqntZ4p5DQ0RjglDpZAZTIieNMnLHMaoaPf6CKgftbYYEhQMat8Zm2widY4qRgxqX6-coaMh4CIz5ZxUtDHmk1qCow9y3X_CxQ7DzKvNJ2_If-oVaNVTtwzGZczs3l2v5rf6snI_T3nKd8TjXSMgBW8PqI3iaSODDKFUZA4MGsbXKQsJeYhPvjysDkmFZ26IwtpkWqgNn9NfOj-c0k5y7xIW3_0IDXljYNd3Q=w1064-h798-no