• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Owners....Are you doing any break in?

Jory45acp

4 Tours Green Beret Keyboard Speshuel Forces.
Minuteman
Mar 10, 2018
Utah
I'm asking this to those who have already received their rifle. Are you doing any kind of break in before trying to determine what ammo performs best? I'm asking because on rimfire barrels that are custom cut, I wonder if anyone has noticed POI change after certain number of rounds down the tube. Also the idea of picking a favorite ammo for the gun say after 200 rds and buying a case only to see accuracy changes after 1000+ rds. Any info or experience appreciated.

Don't have my Vudoo yet, but I have two BR 22s, one bolt action and one repeater with Shillen and Kidd barrels respectively and after I shot about 100 rounds through them, the ammo that shot the best way back then is still the best shooting. I clean with Kroil and a cloth (one or two passes) after each range trip and the barrels still look like the day I got them, thousands of rounds later.

I didn't do any break in. I just have a lot of SK Pistol Match since my other .22s shoot well with it so I was hoping the same for the Vudoo. I've tried several times with the Pistol Match and unfortunately the results are the same each time with SK Rifle Match working quite a bit better for some reason. I think I have shot about 600 rounds or so with the Vudoo since I got it about 2 weeks ago and I haven't noticed any point of impact change other than when I adjust the scope.

This is the last time I did a comparison with two 10 shot groups with Pistol Match and one 10 shot group with Rifle Match at 55 yards from my back deck before it started to rain.

Q0J1Ks0.jpg

Our barrels are hand lapped which helps with most of the tooling issues. The biggest issue you will find is ammo lot to lot. I recommend buying 1 box of each your trying and narrow it down! As far as break in, i shot 10, swabbed it out good, shot 10 more, cleaned thoroughly and went to town. Make sure you keep the breech face clean and the action clean, and you shouldnt have any issues!