• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo owners, what scope you go with and why?

tlsmith22

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 9, 2008
ALABAMA
I am still looking for the perfect scope for my Vudoo. Started with NXS 5.5-22 and it wouldn’t focus down below 50. Picked up a PST Gen II EBR-4 reticle and I haven’t loved it yet, but no real complaints. I want one that focuses 25 or below(maybe 32 like the RZR) and has a fine reticle to shoot groups. Honestly I don’t care how much it costs at this point. I am a NF guy and may just get an ATACR 7-35 but want to hear differing opinions on what you guys like. The RZR, AMG, Kahles, and Burris XTR iii are all in the running. Her is how my Vudoo started with NF glass.

40081B47-AF44-4D08-88ED-23BE70D94AEC.jpeg

I have settled on a 4.5-27x56 w/ EBR2-C reticle. It has great eye relief, clear glass and plenty of elevation to let me reach out there. I specifically like the 2C reticle due to the uncluttered center. It helps for NRL22 stages and small steel targets. Good luck.

941D56CD-6479-4B25-9A7A-43498E51F145.png

Last edited:
I have settled on a 4.5-27x56 w/ EBR2-C reticle. It has great eye relief, clear glass and plenty of elevation to let me reach out there. I specifically like the 2C reticle due to the uncluttered center. It helps for NRL22 stages and small steel targets. Good luck.

So you prefer the 2c reticle over the 7c? I never shot a dot reticle or one like the 2c, all my NF reticles are MOAR-T, so I am unsure which reticle in the RZR I would like. Appreciate your input sir.

I have 2 other Razors with the 7c reticles on my centerfire rifles and the center feels a bit cluttered for the smaller targets at closer distances I shoot in .22 matches under time. The 2C lets me get a better view.

The parallax, being set to 32 yards, still lets me easily get a clear picture at the 1/4” targets set at 25 yards too.

The eye box on the Razor is very generous as well.

I am a fan of these scopes.

Mine has a PST Gen I 6-24 FFP mil on it. I have no problem with focus or glass. I never had any issue with parallax or dialing up elevation for 200 yards but it won't dial up enough for 250 yards. It's about .5 mil short so I have to hold over with the reticle.
I just ordered a second V-22 and went with a 30 MOA base on it. Hoping that will give me some more elevation without screwing up the close in stuff.

I am a fan of the Razor also. My son has a Razor with a 2c reticle that i may steal and try out on the Vudoo. I know you hardly ever hear a complaint about the Razor other than its heavy.

I am a fan of the Razor also. My son has a Razor with a 2c reticle that i may steal and try out on the Vudoo. I know you hardly ever hear a complaint about the Razor other than its heavy.
I have been a NF fanboy for years. Then I tried the G2 RZR. I don't mind the weight and I love the usable parallax turret.
Plus, to me, the glass outperforms (at least equal to) the ATACR.

I have been a NF fanboy for years. Then I tried the G2 RZR. I don't mind the weight and I love the usable parallax turret.
IOR recon 4-28x50mm. 40mm main tube. Great glass , beautiful warm contrast, tracks perfectly...........love the reticle. Looks really cool on a Vudoo.
v22.jpg

Which reticle do you prefer?

I have the pst 5x25 2c reticle. I did this since this is the reticle I have on several rifles. I really like it however when shooting for small groups at 50yd it has an issue. The issue being the center is vacant and is .25 MOA. When that is the size groups you want to shoot it is an issue. I just received another pst in 7c (today). The floating dot is .14 MOA this should aid in small groups. Hopefully, will test this theory out this weekend. I have two RAZORS and love them however, don’t see it having much of an advantage for my Vudoo and it is so heavy.

Courtesy of Vortex optics website. The 2C vs 7C. Pick your poison.

Attachments

• EBR2-C.PNG
    EBR2-C.PNG
    151.2 KB · Views: 307
  • EBR7-C.PNG
    EBR7-C.PNG
    110.1 KB · Views: 279
Last edited:
I have an AMG on mine for now. It was on there when I bought it, but it's for sale. If it sells I'd probably replace it with a nx8.

20190929_134916.jpg

Vortex AMG 7C

25 yard parallax, floating dot, same scope on 6x47l match rifle.

Weaver T 36x42, because its what ive got, takeing it off anshutz . I would rather have something with lines for holdover but it will do fine at least until i find out how well my vudoo shoots with me pulling the trigger.

Weaver T 36x42, because its what ive got, takeing it off anshutz . I would rather have something with lines for holdover but it will do fine at least until i find out how well my vudoo shoots with me pulling the trigger.

I just saw your first post here on sept 3.
You were asking about Bartlein vs ACE barrels.

What is the configuration on your order? I'd be interested to know. If the gun is still in the order stage there may be some things to talk about. For instance, Trigger Tech diamond. I'm hoping that your configuration includes this trigger.
Oh and which Anschutz do you have? I have owned many Anschutz guns.

Also , should you decide to go with a really nice scope, I have many connections in this industry and may be able to get you a better deal than you might typically find.

I'm particularly interested in your Vudoo adventure in the sense that you're coming from Anschutz and going to Vudoo and I really want to see the reaction comparing the two. I think you are going to be amazed.

T.S.

Last edited:
I just saw your first post here on sept 3.
You were asking about Bartlein vs ACE barrels.

What is the configuration on your order? I'd be interested to know. If the gun is still in the order stage there may be some things to talk about. For instance, Trigger Tech diamond. I'm hoping that your configuration includes this trigger.
Oh and which Anschutz do you have? I have owned many Anschutz guns.

Also , should you decide to go with a really nice scope, I have many connections in this industry and may be able to get you a better deal than you might typically find.

I'm particularly interested in your Vudoo adventure in the sense that you're coming from Anschutz and going to Vudoo and I really want to see the reaction comparing the two. I think you are going to be amazed.

T.S.
Thanks for asking SX, mines a 1416 thumbhole.
ive ordered a 20” mtu , 20 moa, bna 2 stage, supposed to be 3 oz total, mpa comp and it will be sent to lapua for ammo test. I hope and believe you are correct in the vudoo outshooting my 1416. ive been unimpressed with it. But i must say even the 1416 is the most accurate 22 i have rite now. I hope i can remember to connect you with a scope as i will probably be needing one.
All the above is if i escape this snow in yellowstone this morning. Being from Misdisdippi, im way out of my element today!!

Thanks for asking SX, mines a 1416 thumbhole.
ive ordered a 20” mtu , 20 moa, bna 2 stage, supposed to be 3 oz total, mpa comp and it will be sent to lapua for ammo test. I hope and believe you are correct in the vudoo outshooting my 1416. ive been unimpressed with it. But i must say even the 1416 is the most accurate 22 i have rite now. I hope i can remember to connect you with a scope as i will probably be needing one.
All the above is if i escape this snow in yellowstone this morning. Being from Misdisdippi, im way out of my element today!!

Never owned a bix and andy before. Always had Jewells and Jards. Trigger Tech diamond is excellent and will adjust below the advertised 4 ounces very reliably.
Your gun will be heavy. Thats a good thing for precision shooting.
Am I to assume that the MTU barrel is ACE?

My Anschutz is also the 1416 - the 64 action. Has a two stage but I dont think it's the 5098.
Mine is the 64MS. Accurate gun or I woudn't have it.

I will make a bold prediction here. Once you get the Vudoo, all thoughts of Anschutz will disappear.
The action will have a longer throw, more like a centerfire, but it's heavy and silky, and when it cams down it's extreme smooth.
Once you learn this gun , if it's anything like mine, the accuracy levels that can be achieved are overwhelmingly stunning.

I took mine out this morning for 5 shots. Straight out the gate, no warm up shots. I do this often. It simulates a hunting situation where the first shot from a cold bore must count. I cannot stress how important this is. It is the difference between an accurate gun and an inaccurate gun.

My gun does this with astounding regularity. Sept 17...........Oct 1, and now October 2. I didn't post the one from yesterday because I had a cup that was shot up with airguns, but it was very close to the target below. I like to use a clean cup that has never been fired upon.
This is what I got at 9am. Murphy Oil cup that I picked up at a local gas station when I bought me a Banana slushy.......love those things.
By the way I'm in Louisiana , so I know what you mean.
This is what a capable shooter can expect from Vudoo. It takes practice. A lot of practice. A damn lot of practice.

T.S.
Murphy oil cup.jpg

Yep mine
Never owned a bix and andy before. Always had Jewells and Jards. Trigger Tech diamond is excellent and will adjust below the advertised 4 ounces very reliably.
Your gun will be heavy. Thats a good thing for precision shooting.
Am I to assume that the MTU barrel is ACE?

My Anschutz is also the 1416 - the 64 action. Has a two stage but I dont think it's the 5098.
Mine is the 64MS. Accurate gun or I woudn't have it.

I will make a bold prediction here. Once you get the Vudoo, all thoughts of Anschutz will disappear.
The action will have a longer throw, more like a centerfire, but it's heavy and silky, and when it cams down it's extreme smooth.
Once you learn this gun , if it's anything like mine, the accuracy levels that can be achieved are overwhelmingly stunning.

I took mine out this morning for 5 shots. Straight out the gate, no warm up shots. I do this often. It simulates a hunting situation where the first shot from a cold bore must count. I cannot stress how important this is. It is the difference between an accurate gun and an inaccurate gun.

My gun does this with astounding regularity. Sept 17...........Oct 1, and now October 2. I didn't post the one from yesterday because I had a cup that was shot up with airguns, but it was very close to the target below. I like to use a clean cup that has never been fired upon.
This is what I got at 9am. Murphy Oil cup that I picked up at a local gas station when I bought me a Banana slushy.......love those things.
By the way I'm in Louisiana , so I know what you mean.
This is what a capable shooter can expect from Vudoo. It takes practice. A lot of practice. A damn lot of practice.

T.S.
View attachment 7157206
Yep mines Ace. Im an air gunner also. I got a 4th place at the 30 yd one year and 100 next year at AOA’s extreme benchrest about 3 years ago fx guns

march 10-60 high master

focuses down to 8 meters/yards

your not shooting to 1000 yards

the high magnification makes it feel like cheating

ill usually put a 22lr shot on paper somewhere

dial off a few mils each group and use the same aiming point all day

with the high mag i can segment a 22lr hole at 100

08-20-19 321.JPG

I am using a Sightron 45x45 with a fine crosshair and 1/10th moa dot. It's a great scope for the local benchrest comps I've been shooting. I'll swap it out for a ffp scope when prs type matches pop up in my area. I've only shot groups on two occasions with it when I first got it six months ago, my best one was .089 for 5 shots at 50.

Attachments

• 20190701_134817.jpg
    20190701_134817.jpg
    576.4 KB · Views: 29
Is there somewhere I could go to see clear pictures of all the reticles available from all the different manufacturers? Many of the pictures I've found are so small I can't make out detail.

I have a PST Gen 2 on my Vudoo with the EBR2 MRAD reticle I think. It has the open center but I can barely see it. I have a SWFA MOA 20X with the floating dot on a 10-22 and I like it too.

Shooter_X, my Anschutz 64 MPR sits in the safe since I got my Vudoo.

Is there somewhere I could go to see clear pictures of all the reticles available from all the different manufacturers? Many of the pictures I've found are so small I can't make out detail.

I have a PST Gen 2 on my Vudoo with the EBR2 MRAD reticle I think. It has the open center but I can barely see it. I have a SWFA MOA 20X with the floating dot on a 10-22 and I like it too.

Shooter_X, my Anschutz 64 MPR sits in the safe since I got my Vudoo.

I saw a thread in the riflescope forum with several reticles from several manufacturers

Reactions: BillOH
@jbuck88 why ditch the AMG for the NX8?
I haven’t been behind the AMG but I’d been thinking the NX8 was a step down in image quality.
Only negative I can think of on the AMG was that had a 25y parallax and not a 10y.

@jbuck88 why ditch the AMG for the NX8?
I haven’t been behind the AMG but I’d been thinking the NX8 was a step down in image quality.
Only negative I can think of on the AMG was that had a 25y parallax and not a 10y.

It is a slight step down in glass quality, but your right that it adjust down further and is slightly more compact.

Trijicon AccuPower 5-50x56 very please with the glass clarity and contrast. Eliminates using a spotting scope on light or bright colored paper targets at 200y.

i-XzkkNXF-L.jpg

Reactions: Sagittarius
Vortex Gen 2 3-18 with EBR2C.

@Sieg how good is the glass in the Trijicon. What can you compare it too? That’s an interesting idea.
I’d been think about doing a trainer and am narrowing glass down to an AMG and Kahles. Can find AMGs for slightly less so I’ve been leaning that way.

@Sieg how good is the glass in the Trijicon. What can you compare it too? That’s an interesting idea.
I’d been think about doing a trainer and am narrowing glass down to an AMG and Kahles. Can find AMGs for slightly less so I’ve been leaning that way.
My understanding is it comes from LOW in Japan, they also produce the ATACR. It's good glass, I also have two Athlon Ares ETR 4.5-30x56 which are good, the Trijicon glass has a slight edge but not much. Both of these scopes are exceptional values IMO. My other scopes have been older Leupold VX3.

My other "glass" is Canon L series lenses.
i-p9VxzLv-XL.jpg

As stated previously I swapped my pst 2c out for a pst with 7c. Must say it is much better for groups. Two major things I noticed: the floating dot is awesome for finding center and also excellent for parallax tuning.
image.jpg

I am still looking for the perfect scope for my Vudoo. Started with NXS 5.5-22 and it wouldn’t focus down below 50. Picked up a PST Gen II EBR-4 reticle and I haven’t loved it yet, but no real complaints. I want one that focuses 25 or below(maybe 32 like the RZR) and has a fine reticle to shoot groups. Honestly I don’t care how much it costs at this point. I am a NF guy and may just get an ATACR 7-35 but want to hear differing opinions on what you guys like. The RZR, AMG, Kahles, and Burris XTR iii are all in the running. Her is how my Vudoo started with NF glass.

View attachment 7156791
I'm on the same quest. The Vudoo make for very challenging requirements, as I've had equally good luck making hits on 1/4" targets at 25 yards and 12" targets at 500 yards. Close parallax adjustment with lots of elevation, along with my preference for a floating dot style reticle with 0.2 mil hashes, is severely limiting my choices. My Vudoo has had an Athlon Ares ETR 4.5-30x56 APRS1 (one of my favorite reticles ever) and it's fine but I want something better. Leaning toward the ATACR 7-35 with XT reticle (hate the eyepiece rotating with the mag ring but absolutely love everything else) or the ZCO 527, but man those aren't cheap. Would like to look at the new Sightron SV 4.5-24 FFP but I doubt I'd ever find one. Top scopes from all the big brands - they all either don't focus close enough or have too little elevation or don't have a reticle I like. Not happy that I'm looking at $3500-3600 for a 22 scope but here we are.

Reactions: Stevelightning
I broke down and picked up a Vortex Gen 2 with the EBR-7C reticle off here this weekend. Guess I will see how I like it when it comes in later in the week. I am gonna put the PST Gen 2 on my 10/22. Maybe the Razor will fit the bill. I’m thinking it’s close to checking all the boxes, unsure if I will be crazy abt the reticle yet but I didn’t care for the 2c reticle with the open center.

I'm on the same quest. The Vudoo make for very challenging requirements, as I've had equally good luck making hits on 1/4" targets at 25 yards and 12" targets at 500 yards. Close parallax adjustment with lots of elevation, along with my preference for a floating dot style reticle with 0.2 mil hashes, is severely limiting my choices. My Vudoo has had an Athlon Ares ETR 4.5-30x56 APRS1 (one of my favorite reticles ever) and it's fine but I want something better. Leaning toward the ATACR 7-35 with XT reticle (hate the eyepiece rotating with the mag ring but absolutely love everything else) or the ZCO 527, but man those aren't cheap. Would like to look at the new Sightron SV 4.5-24 FFP but I doubt I'd ever find one. Top scopes from all the big brands - they all either don't focus close enough or have too little elevation or don't have a reticle I like. Not happy that I'm looking at $3500-3600 for a 22 scope but here we are.

Being a NF guy, the 7-35 is my first choice. I thought I’d give the Razor a try before breaking down and spending that much on a 22 scope though. Lol

I'm in exactly the same boat as you... I absolutely love my Ares ETR reticle. Slight bump would be the Cronus BTR.

Reactions: 22fun

Thats one of the reasons I went with IOR's Recon.
Focuses sharply at 21 feet.
36 mrad of elevation, or 129.5 MOA.
I have been behind a few nightforces and didn't care for them. They were like looking down a tunnel compared to the Recon. I don't like the eyepiece turning with the magnifaction either.
The Recon filled all the voids , gave me a 40mm main tube, plus I got a sweet deal I couldn't pass up.
My scope has been 100% reliable with 0 problems. And I use it. A lot.
reticule1.jpg

scope1.jpg

Last edited:
As stated previously I swapped my pst 2c out for a pst with 7c. Must say it is much better for groups. Two major things I noticed: the floating dot is awesome for finding center and also excellent for parallax tuning.

The floating dot does well for centering , but does nothing for parallax tuning.
You can , however, tune the reticule in on the ocular side.
The ocular on the IOR recon most definetly allows for some focus tuning, but I've not seen any other scope that does that.
I can actually focus my scope to tack sharpness on an object as close as 10 feet away. But again, I've never seen any other scope that does this.

The floating dot does well for centering , but does nothing for parallax tuning.
You can , however, tune the reticule in on the ocular side.
The ocular on the IOR recon most definetly allows for some focus tuning, but I've not seen any other scope that does that.
I can actually focus my scope to tack sharpness on an object as close as 10 feet away. But again, I've never seen any other scope that does this.

The ocular on almost every scope out there allows for diopter adjustment... Maybe you meant the objective bell on your IOR Recon is adjustable, which is less common?

The ocular on almost every scope out there allows for diopter adjustment... Maybe you meant the objective bell on your IOR Recon is adjustable, which is less common?

No.......I mean the diopter on the Recon allows for focus other than the reticule. It will allow you to fine tune focus in conjunction with parallax adjustment at the objective end.
Only scope I have ever handled that does this.

Going by the book, it is said that you use the diopter to focus the reticule, then lock it in and forget it. This is how most scopes are.
The recon is not like that. You can use IOR's diopter to focus on an object as close at 10 feet away on 7x magnification, even though parallax adjustment only allows for 21 feet.