• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo range trip: it's beginning to come together

J Scott

Private
Minuteman
Jan 18, 2003
USA
A better day at the range. 3rd trip and a total of 185 rounds down the tube.
-Watched SHLowlight videos (again) on fundamentals like: shooting hand grip/pulling rearward into shoulder pocket, gripping the rear bag, loading the bipod/don't jump, trigger control, staying with the shot and finally, consistency. Additionally, I used a different target which my aging eyes prefer.
-My 6x5 target is attached. Row 2 column 1-one got away from me high because I let off the bag too soon and didn't stay with the shot. Still plenty of fundamental work to do, trying different ammo and lots, perhaps a new scope, I'll say it again, fundamentals, etc. But one things for certain, I'm beginning to smile.

-Scott

Attachments

• IMG_5497.jpg
    IMG_5497.jpg
    304.7 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_5493.JPG
    IMG_5493.JPG
    702.8 KB · Views: 117
Reactions: ocabj
Good shooting. You wouldn’t happen to be a revolver shooter would you?

@tls22-rarely. pistol, yes. Why do you ask? because of what appears to be a 6 o'clock hold?

Thats not bad. Pretty good shootin there. Keep in mind that any slight varience in wind will see the groups open. When I say slight, I mean any puffs of wind.
As an example , check below. These were shot at night. Yes 50 yards.
DEAD CALM.jpg

Reactions: tlsmith22
'X, I've admired your outstanding groups, along with your trademark cup target :) Your pic above is very telling and helpful, so, thank you.

Shooting at those late PM and early AM hours, are you in AK or just a mean set of lights?

'X, I've admired your outstanding groups, along with your trademark cup target :) Your pic above is very telling and helpful, so, thank you.

Shooting at those late PM and early AM hours, are you in AK or just a mean set of lights?
I have a range in my back yard. It's just really the back yard where I set cinder blocks at different yardages. I use a Hyper Tough 2500 lumen, water proof work light,,,, to light the targets up. That thing lights up the entire back yard at night.
Oh and thanks.
The outstanding groupings come from years of practice and shooting nearly every day, and being involved with rimfire for over 25 years. Plus you have to have a gun that is truly capable.
My Vudoo is set up for doing this. I shoot exclusively off cheap sand bags from Cabelas. I do not own a nice rest.
In the field I am set up on the atlas bipod.
The gun is heavy and that's what you want for this type of precision shooting. I specifically chose the Ridgeback stock because it has a 2.5 inch flat on the fore. Makes it near perfect for bags or a rest. My gun is not only pillared, but it is also bedded.
It also uses Vudoo's ACE barrel. These barrels are phenomenal.
Chose the IOR Recon for its superb tracking, excellent glass and 40mm main tube. It will parallax down inside 21 feet. Yep 21 feet, not yards. I may never use it that close, but if I want to I can. The digital target dot is the only part of the reticle that lights up. No flare,,,,,,no blinding distractions from an entire reticle lighting up. The recon has performed flawlessly. Love that scope.
I used ARC one piece mount/rings. Instead of bubbles levels hanging all over the place, I have one built into the ridgeback stock that you can see at a glance.........and another on the rear of the ARC one piece. When the two are used in conjunction with each other, you will never be off level.
HYPER TOUGH.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: littlepod
@tls22-rarely. pistol, yes. Why do you ask? because of what appears to be a 6 o'clock hold?

I used to shoot IDPA with a John Scott from Tn and he was as good of a revolver shooter as I have ever seen, other than Miculek of course. LOL

tls22-that's not me, but I always enjoy seeing someone working a wheel gun, especially these days.

'x-many thanks for getting out ahead of the questions that I had for you. No doubt about it, you mean business-I like that. Thanks again.