• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo rebarreled with 1.2" straight

Rob01

Staff member
Minuteman
Jul 9, 2001
NC
Sent my original Vudoo Gen 1 in for a new barrel. Had a 18" Kukri on it. Saw Vudoo was offering 1.2" straight Bartlein barrels and figured I would give it a try. They were offering the EC V2 tuners also so said what the hell and got one too! The barreled action came back today. I really like it.

IMG_3533.JPG

IMG_3534.JPG

Yeah, don't let Frank see that bipod...

I'm just ball bustin', the rifle looks good.
What's the weight on the rifle now ?

Nice!

What's the length on your new barrel?

I've been debating tuner or no tuner on the 1.2 straight barrel....

Nice setup.....I literally just picked up a gen2 90 with a 1.2 custom 24" barrel. I don't think the tuner makes that much of a difference on a 1.2 though.

Mine was setup by Kenny at DPG, and uses the Nevius chamber. I'll find out more after testing this upcoming weekend.

The good thing is, it balances almost perfect with that barrel.

Sent my original Vudoo Gen 1 in for a new barrel. Had a 18" Kukri on it. Saw Vudoo was offering 1.2" straight Bartlein barrels and figured I would give it a try. They were offering the EC V2 tuners also so said what the hell and got one too! The barreled action came back today. I really like it.

View attachment 8176776
View attachment 8176778
That balances perfectly. I think my TCS needs a few ozs up front, but only a tiny amount.

Reactions: Badjujuu
Thanks guys. Wasn’t even 3 months. I think they received it in the beginning of May and I told them I wasn’t in a rush. Even if was three it wouldn’t be bad.

Don’t laugh at my place saver bipod. Lol I still use the Harris from time to time but have a Ckyepod PRS that goes to matches now.

Will definitely let you guys know how it shoots. The barrel is 23” long. I liked the 22” MTU Bartlein on my other so figured I would go 23” so if I didn’t like the tuner I could chop off the threads but having talked to a guy with a 1.25” and the same tuner this past weekend at a match and he says it works so will try it out.

No idea on the number of rounds down my old barrel. Never kept track. Lol I had them send it back so I have it if I needed a light rifle and can swap them out.

Congrats on your rifle being done!

Mine also got finished - 26" Bartlein 1.2.

1688649646169.png

I haven't had much time behind it yet. Mucked with the tuner a little bit and it seemed to change the groups, and when I went back to the best node setting multiple times it was repeatable. Circled groups are the same node. Tested quickly at 100 yds. I need to go out and take a bit more time.

1688649800858.png

Thanks and that looks pretty nice too and shoots great too. Glad to hear another report of the tuner working. I plan to do my tuning at 100 also.

View attachment 8177085

I haven't had much time behind it yet. Mucked with the tuner a little bit and it seemed to change the groups, and when I went back to the best node setting multiple times it was repeatable. Circled groups are the same node. Tested quickly at 100 yds. I need to go out and take a bit more time.
That's 26"?!

Thanks guys. Wasn’t even 3 months. I think they received it in the beginning of May and I told them I wasn’t in a rush. Even if was three it wouldn’t be bad.

Don’t laugh at my place saver bipod. Lol I still use the Harris from time to time but have a Ckyepod PRS that goes to matches now.

Will definitely let you guys know how it shoots. The barrel is 23” long. I liked the 22” MTU Bartlein on my other so figured I would go 23” so if I didn’t like the tuner I could chop off the threads but having talked to a guy with a 1.25” and the same tuner this past weekend at a match and he says it works so will try it out.

No idea on the number of rounds down my old barrel. Never kept track. Lol I had them send it back so I have it if I needed a light rifle and can swap them out.
Had you noticed any accuracy change or just wanted a heavier barrel?

View attachment 8177085

View attachment 8177087
I'm pretty sure mine is over 21 lbs......I need to check now.

Came in at 21 lbs 11ozs. Truck axle for sure for a rimfire.

IMG_7154.JPG

Rob, where does your rifle come in at weight wise?

• Wow
Reactions: RayDBonz
Thanks and that looks pretty nice too and shoots great too. Glad to hear another report of the tuner working. I plan to do my tuning at 100 also.
I have EC V2 tuners on both of my B14R's. I tuned at 50yds, then took the best results and fine tuned at 200yds. What is your twist on your new barrel.

A friend of mine has 24" 13 TW Muller barrel on his DI Precision Vudoo with EC V2 tuner, shoots great.

Reactions: pingunit
No idea yet. Will check it tomorrow.

I have EC V2 tuners on both of my B14R's. I tuned at 50yds, then took the best results and fine tuned at 200yds. What is your twist on your new barrel.

A friend of mine has 24" 13 TW Muller barrel on his DI Precision Vudoo with EC V2 tuner, shoots great.
Mine is a standard 16 twist Bartlein. I will probably see how tune goes at 50 and then move out.

Reactions: Frank Green
Good looking set up.
I have a Mueller M24 barrel that will be installed in the fall.

Looks awesome! Looking forward to hearing your results.

I have a 26” 1.250” straight barrel just being finished up, and my spearhead tuner is also on its way to the smith and hopefully back together in a few weeks and right to testing!

Reactions: Rob01
Came in at 21 lbs 11ozs. Truck axle for sure for a rimfire.

View attachment 8177130

Well got it weighed and as pictured above it was 16.5 pounds. I then had a little change of heart, and stocks, and dropped it into my TCS and as pictured below it's 18.7 pounds.

IMG_3547.JPG

Well got it weighed and as pictured above it was 16.5 pounds. I then had a little change of heart, and stocks, and dropped it into my TCS and as pictured below it's 18.7 pounds.

View attachment 8178068
That's bad ass!! Still a few lbs less than mine in the same stock too. I must have a heavy fill.

How do you like that scope?

That's bad ass!! Still a few lbs less than mine in the same stock too. I must have a heavy fill.

How do you like that scope?

Thanks. That's a heavy fill stock so not sure where that 2 pounds is hiding. Must be in the scope/mount area and some in the bipod as mine is the shorter PRS version. I do only have one weight in the arca too.

I've do have all the brass weights in the rail.

Nothing wrong with a Harris bipod

Reactions: BowChamp
@Rob01 ,

I have read that the heavy barrels are less responsive to tuning. Have you found this to be true?
I have little experience with tuners so don't know.

Thank you,

RTH

@Rob01 ,

I have read that the heavy barrels are less responsive to tuning. Have you found this to be true?
I have little experience with tuners so don't know.

Thank you,

RTH
Have not even messed with the tuner yet. Still throwing some rounds down the barrel.

Rob is that new barrel still preforming well

Yeah it’s still doing well at 200 and 300 with the cheaper stuff. Need to run some more rounds though before moving to good stuff.

I ordered a v22 last Thursday and talked to Jill. Its a 1.2 also and was wanting to try a 24" barrel. I was told that 22" is as long as they would do but see plenty longer done by them. Wonder if its something new?

Gonna give them a shout just to confirm. Been wanting one for years and finally taking the plunge.

The 1.2" are out to 24" and the standard MTU and Kukri are 22".

The 1.2" are out to 24" and the standard MTU and Kukri are 22".
Thanks, yeah its 1.2 with the ec v2 tuner. Will be giving them a call tomorrow. Was tore on the tuner also. At 24 figured I could cut and recrown if needed and not throw balance off drastically.

Thanks, yeah its 1.2 with the ec v2 tuner. Will be giving them a call tomorrow. Was tore on the tuner also. At 24 figured I could cut and recrown if needed and not throw balance off drastically.

You won't even need to cut and recrown as the threads are about 1" so unless threads are unsightly for you you can just leave it. Just take the tuner off if you don't like it or use it.

My last 30+ rimfire barrels on my Vudoo and RimX have been M24. The most recent one on my RimX now is a 1.2 @ 20" and I really like it..

I have a Shilen taper lapped stainless select match 13 twist 1.2" 27" blank here going out To Mike @manzella precision this week to spin up for my RimX. I think I'm gonn go 22" with this 13 twist and give it a whirl..

@Rob01 get some R50 through that thing, you'll love how it shoots especially at distance😉

I like this 1.2" also. It's a 16 twist but I would try a 13 but that's the fastest I would look at shooting only 40grn lead. I can't wait to run it in a match.

I got a bunch of Center X and SK LR so no R50 for me now but will keep it in mind. :)

Reactions: padom
I like this 1.2" also. It's a 16 twist but I would try a 13 but that's the fastest I would look at shooting only 40grn lead. I can't wait to run it in a match.

I got a bunch of Center X and SK LR so no R50 for me now but will keep it in mind. :)

This is my second fast twist barrel to test.. 1st was a 12 twist LW and it did not perform well at any distance.

CX and SK shoots great for me as well, just requires more lot testing than R50 has...

This is my second fast twist barrel to test.. 1st was a 12 twist LW and it did not perform well at any distance.

CX and SK shoots great for me as well, just requires more lot testing than R50 has...

Yeah I was watching those faster twist threads and that’s where I figured 13 would be the fastest I would try as it seems like it works for people where faster always had some issues.

Good to know on the RW50 but hoping the tuner helps with the lots I have now. Without adjusting it the SK LR is doing well in the few rounds I shot out farther so far.

I considered a faster twist, and they have performed well, but the spindrift out at distance had very different wind calls to every 16T in the squad, which just makes matches a bit harder.

I considered a faster twist, and they have performed well, but the spindrift out at distance had very different wind calls to every 16T in the squad, which just makes matches a bit harder.
My 12 twist is a hammer. I’ve had great luck with it. Here are all 10 shot groups.

F4F16540-45FA-4890-A075-C4074A146D86.jpeg
17AB95E4-E92C-49A5-AC4F-EB0261BD0D38.jpeg
2DCF1069-1106-454E-8664-14AD63F6D6E4.jpeg
4040A384-F1D1-4DF7-8BDC-48035749AD3A.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Turbo2
#Rob01 and all the others… nice looking guns!

Seems like we can‘t make the 1.2” od straight barrels fast enough for Vudoo.

R50 ammo was my favorite ammo when I shot small bore.

The fast twist barrels… not just spin drift but if the ammo has any issues including runout pretty good bet the fast twist will amplify the accuracy issues of the ammo.

#padom check that LW barrel for any tight/loose spots in the bore if you can. It’s a button barrel. Also if you have a threaded muzzle check to see if the muzzle/bore went sour after it got threaded. If so… any of these are accuracy killers. Gonna be to hard to check the twist uniformity but that’s another issue that is common with button barrels.

Later, Frank

#padom check that LW barrel for any tight/loose spots in the bore if you can. It’s a button barrel. Also if you have a threaded muzzle check to see if the muzzle/bore went sour after it got threaded. If so… any of these are accuracy killers. Gonna be to hard to check the twist uniformity but that’s another issue that is common with button barrels.

Later, Frank

Oh that turd is long gone Frank. Other than barrels sent to me for testing, my 2 personal RimX barrels are Bartleins. And all I shoot in them now is R50. Just plain hammers.

All this talk of fast twist is needed for long range accuracy.. I havent needed a fast twist to shoot consistently small groups to 400. I havent shot for groups at 500 but I shoot still at 500..

6 new lots came yesterday and 2 new bricks came today.

#Rob01 and all the others… nice looking guns!

Seems like we can‘t make the 1.2” od straight barrels fast enough for Vudoo.

R50 ammo was my favorite ammo when I shot small bore.

The fast twist barrels… not just spin drift but if the ammo has any issues including runout pretty good bet the fast twist will amplify the accuracy issues of the ammo.

Yah it definitely seems like a great way to go with the 1.2 straight. Really helps with getting some weight forward on these rimfires.

The faster twist is mainly just curiosity to be honest. Not expecting any kind of magic by any means. I have some 16’s I have some 12’s figured let’s spin a 14 to play.

I’m curious myself to hear how she shoots. I’m waiting on a 25” 1.2
Well I’ll be heading out Friday for a little bit for sure, and then playing the weekend by weather. Just waiting on 1 more then before I can take it out which will be here Friday

Reactions: Frank Green
This is mine. Ordered the barreled action from VGW at the end of Jan, took delivery in March and dropped it in a XLR Envy Pro chassis. I’ve shot about half a dozen matches with it and couldn’t be happier with how this one turned out. Seems to shoot good with most lots of SK LR Match out to 200yds, but 300 is where I’ve seen some difference in vertical spread from lot to lot.

V-22, 22” 1.200” 16tw. Balances just about right without needing any chassis weights. Total weight as shown is 17 lbs and change.

I added the lime green MDT grip to help it stand out on the rack since there‘s a few other XLR chassis guns at my local matches…LOL.

IMG_6414.jpeg