• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo V-22 Repeater vs V-22 "Three 60" Repeater

dscl

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2021
Illinois
I know there's more than a handful of folks here who own or have shot both. Just curious if you prefer one over the other and why?

I got to handle both side by side before I ordered mine. Honestly, not much difference between the V-22 gen 2 and the Three-60, other than 90 deg vs 60 deg. Both required the same amount to effort to lift the bolt after the shot, both felt the same closing the bolt. I ended up going with the V-22 90 deg throw to be the same as my centerfire rifle. A buddy has the Three-60 and sometimes we get on each other’s gun. The only real difference IMO is the bolt throw.

On the gen 2 V-22 and the Three-60 they beefed up the bolt stop to a larger part. The Gen 1’s had a smaller part and it was prone to breakage. Per VGW, they have not had any warranty returns since going to the larger bolt stop. I believe if you have a Gen 1 with the smaller stop they’ll machine the action to install the larger one.

Reactions: DudeBro
I've had a Gen 2 and now have a 3-60. Much prefer the quick bolt throw of the 3-60. No bumping your hand, fingers, or thumb on the scope either

Reactions: plong
Come over my house and feel the RH V22 already.... I'll arrange for a RH 360 too so you can compare..... 😂😂

After owning & shooting several 2-lug Gen 1 V22s since 2017, it took me some time to adjust to the 3-lug Three 60's shorter arc bolt lift to the point where I wasn't banging the bolt against the upper limit of its travel when opening the bolt. It's all good now, and when it comes down to it, I enjoy the shorter lift of the 360. Not enough difference between the 2-lug & 3-lug actions to make me feel like selling off the older Gen 1 rifles, but I would think that if you own & compete with a 3-lug CF rifle, there's an advantage to shooting the same configuration in your 22RF rifle.

I don't get to compete with my 22RF rifles since the guy who was running matches at a club 170mi away stopped doing so. So I'm not shooting 'on the clock' anymore, and so there's no practical reason for me to prefer one over the other. I shoot for fun here at home, and enjoy both actions a bunch. I haven't had an issue with the early model 360 bolt stop yet, and probably won't unless I find another place closer to home to shoot PRS/NRL matches.

I have a lot of rounds through all V-22 repeater actions (Gen 1, 1.5, 2, & 360), to me the very early Gen 1 are my favorite. They feel better IMO, the bolt feels slightly tighter in the action and the coating / bolt treatment is the smoothest. However I have 0 issues with any of the other generations. This is a sample of 3 Gen 1, one of the Gen 1.5, 3 or 4 of the Gen 2, and 1 360. I am currently shooting a Gen 2 and am very happy with it. For the 90° actions I recommend using the small round bolt knob for a little more clearance & to me it just feels better, but that is probably from almost 20 years shooting AI & TRG centerfire.

Reactions: MYMP5