• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo V-22S Single Shot BR/F-Class Action

RAVAGE88

Angled Spade Tech
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 13, 2017
    Look up.
    Hey Guys,
    Well, it’s time to start this thread. As I go forward with this, you’ll note, as I’ve been doing lately, that I’ll be speaking a bit more candidly. There are a few reasons for this, but the greatest of them being to keep information relevant. What you can expect to see within the next few days are the first builds on the new three lug action and I’ll provide details regarding the approach to what we’ve done and why we’ve done it.

I received an email from Fabio of Flavio Fare this morning and he had good news. His area within Italy will be “unlocked,” as he termed it, on 4May, so the few remaining things he needs from suppliers will be available again. We finalized the artwork on the triggers and if you guys are interested, I’ll post the renderings, but, as much as I’ve messed 😜with you guys lately I don’t want to frustrate anyone any further than I did with the barrel slugging thing over the weekend.

So, standby and I’ll edit this opening post with quite a few detailed pics of individual parts and the first of the newly built rifles.

Editing to add, we’re not accepting orders yet, but still maintaining the list. Everyone on the list will be notified and I’ll make an announcement here as well when the switch is flipped. If you’d like to be on the list, email [email protected].

MB

Last edited:
    Thank you Mr.Head Skunk,

I've been anxiously awaiting a dedicated thread for the V22S project and welcome the opportunity that the thread will have to keep interested parties up to date.

As you may be aware I began shooting rimfire benchrest (RFBR) about the same time I took delivery of my V-22 repeater. The repeater performed well especially in head-to-head competition in our William Buck Memorial Postal Match at distances of 50, 100 and 200 yards.

My V-22 repeater is very competitive in it's class but struggles a bit going against the unlimited rimfire benchrest rifles like those used by top tier competitors in ARA and PSL. I believe that the V22S will offer options that RFBR shooters can incorporate into their unlimited rifles, particularly benchrest stocks, longer barrels (I'm still puzzled by the barrel length bias), tuners (I do believe they work) and ultra-light (i.e., 2oz) triggers.

I've always found Vudoo Gun Works to be attentive to the needs (or the wants) of their customer base and I'm looking forward to our product making it into the hands of serious RFBR competitors.

p.s. I'll look forward to upgrading my avatar Ma Duece with a J.Unertl that Carlos used to thin the herd back in the day.

If I might be so bold to chum the water a bit I'd like to challenge the folks interested in the V22S to offer details of

1. How they'd configure their single shot actions ... barrels, triggers, stocks and scopes,
    2. How/where they'd shoot or compete with a full V22S build,
    3. How they'd address the ancillary equipment, i.e., rests in particular (one piece or two piece) and finally,
    4. How they might deal with what I refer to as "the ammo chase" ... a highly accurate rifle often requires lot testing to get the best results.

I've put some thought into my dream build and I'll share if my challenge catches on ...

Definitely looking forward to more photos of the action, trigger, and complete rifles. I don't have a lot of actual BR competition experience, having shot ONE 1000yd BR match back in 2007, using my Palma rifle with a 6 Dasher bbl. So I'd wondered whether I'd be better off with a RBLP action, or just stick with a RBRP version. Then realized that It's going to be a lot easier to find 22RF F-Class matches than RF BR ones out here, and that pretty well settles that question - RBRP it is...

Reactions: RAVAGE88
    Thank you Mr.Head Skunk,

I've been anxiously awaiting a dedicated thread for the V22S project and welcome the opportunity that the thread will have to keep interested parties up to date.

As you may be aware I began shooting rimfire benchrest (RFBR) about the same time I took delivery of my V-22 repeater. The repeater performed well especially in head-to-head competition in our William Buck Memorial Postal Match at distances of 50, 100 and 200 yards.

My V-22 repeater is very competitive in it's class but struggles a bit going against the unlimited rimfire benchrest rifles like those used by top tier competitors in ARA and PSL. I believe that the V22S will offer options that RFBR shooters can incorporate into their unlimited rifles, particularly benchrest stocks, longer barrels (I'm still puzzled by the barrel length bias), tuners (I do believe they work) and ultra-light (i.e., 2oz) triggers.

I've always found Vudoo Gun Works to be attentive to the needs (or the wants) of their customer base and I'm looking forward to our product making it into the hands of serious RFBR competitors.

p.s. I'll look forward to upgrading my avatar Ma Duece with a J.Unertl that Carlos used to thin the herd back in the day.

Thank you OS, I truly appreciate your words here. We’ve been anxious to get this out there and a couple things slowed us down a little. The first being some interesting developments that led to another patent filing and the other, of course, being this “pandemic.” I’m also anxious to share specifics as the pictures are posted and I need to lean on this community a bit as well.

The interest in this new action is outside the areas I’ve spent my time as a competitive shooter. So, I have a bit of a learning curve as it relates to the disciplines that are new to me, not as it relates to me actually competing in these disciplines, but designing/developing specifically for how you guys want to use this new action.

So, I’ll be paying close attention to your second post and taking copious notes as guys weigh in.

MB

Last edited:
    I was about to pull the trigger on a Feinwerkbau 2800 AU, but I may start looking into socks that would have the adjustments I need and build on a V-22S...

All Righty Then ... since the pandemic is keeping me (I'm sure a lot of others) sheltered in place I've got plenty of time to rattle the keyboard on this thread. Additionally, we've had major damage to our community from a tornado and I still don't have internet or television.

I'll offer a little primer on the RFBR competitions ...

There are several sanctioning bodies for shooters to compete in RFBR - American Rimfire (ARA), Professional Shooting League (PSL), International Rimfire (IR-50/50) and Auto Benchrest Association (ABRA). These competitions are all shot at 50 yards (IR-50/50 has a provision for shooting 50 meters) from a seated, i.e., bench. The targets are all different, as is the scoring ... the commonality is they all offer shooters the opportunity to shoot an "unlimited" gun, i.e., not a factory rifle but one built component by component. The V22S action will be a perfect foundation for building a rifle that can compete in any of these matches. Each of the sanctioning bodies have web sites that maintain up-to-date rules and match schedules.

Component Manufacturers (this list is not inclusive but an example of popular components of many competitors):

Barrels ... Shilen and MullerWorks ... the Shilen Ratchet barrels and MullerWorks eight groove barrels are very popular. I realize that Vudoo favors their Ace barrel and my V-22 repeater is equipped with an Ace ... it's a fine barrel, very consistent manufacturer and I don't see why it wouldn't work well in a V22S build.
    Tuners ... Harrell tuners are probably the most popular ... several other options exist ... tuners are part magic and part technical, you wouldn't believe all the stuff shooters have hung on their barrels to control vibration and minimize vertical spread.
    Triggers ... Jewell has been the perennial go-to trigger for RFBR rifles ... the last couple years Bix'N Andy and Flavio Fare have been gaining ground.
    Stocks ... McMillian is a very popular stock manufacturer with their Edge models, a recent entry, RO-Tex, is gaining popularity.
    Scopes ... Approximately 50% of last season's PSL shooters used Nightforce followed by Leupold, Sightron and Weaver

Actions ... I realize that this thread is intended to focus on the V22S action but it might be worthwhile to mention the current popular manufacturers of RFBR actions ... Holeshot 2500X is the most popular amongst PSL shooters. The DiOrio Turbo and the original Flash Ebert Turbo are also popular as are actions made 10X Custom Rifles. Actions that may not be current production include Remington 40X, Falcon, Hall and Swindlehurst.

RFBR rifles are shot using either a one-piece or two-piece rest. The top tier shooters in ARA and PSL favor one-piece rests. Rifles shot from a one-piece provide a solid rest that falls just short of the fixtures used to secure barreled actions during ammo testing at facilities offered by Eley and Lapua. Popular one-piece rests include Arnold, Pappas and PQP.

This should be enough information to get the attention of interested shooters new to the game and hopefully not offend anybody with biases towards products that are not mentioned. It's not my intention to provoke, just inform.

The next installment will include perspective on the dreaded "Ammo Chase" ...

Last edited:
    All Righty Then ... since the pandemic is keeping me (I'm sure a lot of others) sheltered in place I've got plenty of time to rattle the keyboard on this thread. Additionally, we've had major damage to our community from a tornado and I still don't have internet or television.

I'll offer a little primer on the RFBR competitions ...

There are several sanctioning bodies for shooters to compete in RFBR - American Rimfire (ARA), Professional Shooting League (PSL), International Rimfire (IR-50/50) and Auto Benchrest Association (ABRA). These competitions are all shot at 50 yards (IR-50/50 has a provision for shooting 50 meters) from a seated, i.e., bench. The targets are all different, as is the scoring ... the commonality is they all offer shooters the opportunity to shoot an "unlimited" gun, i.e., not a factory rifle but one built component by component. The V22S action will be a perfect foundation for building a rifle that can compete in any of these matches. Each of the sanctioning bodies have web sites that maintain up-to-date rules and match schedules.

Component Manufacturers (this list is not inclusive but an example of popular components of many competitors):

Barrels ... Shilen and MullerWorks ... the Shilen Ratchet barrels and MullerWorks eight groove barrels are very popular. I realize that Vudoo favors their Ace barrel and my V-22 repeater is equipped with an Ace ... it's a fine barrel, very consistent manufacturer and I don't see why it wouldn't work well in a V22S build.
    Tuners ... Harrell tuners are probably the most popular ... several other options exist ... tuners are part magic and part technical, you wouldn't believe all the stuff shooters have hung on their barrels to control vibration and minimize vertical spread.
    Triggers ... Jewell has been the perennial go-to trigger for RFBR rifles ... the last couple years Bix'N Andy and Flavio Fare have been gaining ground.
    Stocks ... McMillian is a very popular stock manufacturer with their Edge models, a recent entry, RO-Tex, is gaining popularity.
    Scopes ... Approximately 50% of last season's PSL shooters used Nightforce followed by Leupold, Sightron and Weaver

Actions ... I realize that this thread is intended to focus on the V22S action but it might be worthwhile to mention the current popular manufacturers of RFBR actions ... Holeshot 2500X is the most popular amongst PSL shooters. The DiOrio Turbo and the original Flash Ebert Turbo are also popular as are actions made 10X Custom Rifles. Actions that may not be current production include Remington 40X, Falcon, Hall and Swindlehurst.

RFBR rifles are shot using either a one-piece or two-piece rest. The top tier shooters in ARA and PSL favor one-piece rests. Rifles shot from a one-piece provide a solid rest that falls just short of the fixtures used to secure barreled actions during ammo testing at facilities offered by Eley and Lapua. Popular one-piece rests include Arnold, Pappas and PQP.

This should be enough information to get the attention of interested shooters new to the game and hopefully not offend anybody with biases towards products that are not mentioned. It's not my intention to provoke, just inform.

The next installment will include perspective on the dreaded "Ammo Chase" ...

OS,
    This is awesome and very much appreciated. The only thing I’ll add to your list is our Vudoo/Flavio Trigger. It’s our own Vertical Sear version of the famed Flavio Fare you mentioned. The V/F Trigger is a product of close collaboration under ITAR license with Flavio and Fabio Fare and it’s adjustable from .7 to 2.8 oz. I’ll do a version with a heavier pull weight range. Below are renderings with artwork that was approved today.

3-A762-B53-5-A7-E-419-F-82-F9-7-E000-C511-A08.png

FD201-EBA-D2-C7-43-D4-98-D7-5-B8-FB3-B37824.png

MB

Last edited:
    Sweet!

For Benchrest, I would be surprised if a lot of shooters will want a heavier pull weight version. Most go light, Is the V/F going to be a single stage or two stage trigger?

Mike, an engineering question for you. The repeater rifles you produce perform very well when tested at the Lapua test centers. From an engineering perspective, can you comment on what your expectations are for the new rifle using the new action, a 0.900 straight barrel, 24 inches, and the very light touch new trigger? I assume your expectations are this new rifle with it's components will be capable of shooting tighter groups than your current repeaters, given the components that you're selected?

Thanks for any engineering insights you can share on your expectations...

Sweet!

For Benchrest, I would be surprised if a lot of shooters will want a heavier pull weight version. Most go light, Is the V/F going to be a single stage or two stage trigger?

I’ve received a number of requests for a heavier pull weight but I’m not certain the intended use is BR.

MB

Mike, an engineering question for you. The repeater rifles you produce perform very well when tested at the Lapua test centers. From an engineering perspective, can you comment on what your expectations are for the new rifle using the new action, a 0.900 straight barrel, 24 inches, and the very light touch new trigger? I assume your expectations are this new rifle with it's components will be capable of shooting tighter groups than your current repeaters, given the components that you're selected?

Thanks for any engineering insights you can share on your expectations...

RF99,
    Your question strikes me in a way that I feel compelled to express my appreciation for how you posed it. You and others here, as well as others elsewhere, make it obvious you all recognize and understand what it means to personally invest of yourself. And with that, I’m fortunate to have an opportunity to speak to what has taken place over the last few years and honored to do so amongst an incredible group of people.

Lately, we’ve also watched the opposite. The different type of drive or the purpose behind representing something for which there was no personal investment, and therefore, the inability to understand why there are certain things I don’t disclose. So again, thank you for the understanding and recognition of what it takes to invest of ones self for the purpose of something bigger than ones self.

Now, your question. My expectation is very simple....and that is to win. So what does winning look like? Winning looks like what you guys have been successful at doing with something that you all said you wanted. Winning looks like overcoming anything that might be standing in the way. I realize this is all bigger picture and I’ve turned quite philosophical, but there are reasons behind what I’m sharing here.

To get more into the details you’re looking for, my expectations of the rifles built around this action are to have guys like you all win major events in BR, F Class and 3P. Like I said above, these are new disciplines for me, so I’m leaning on you guys to help me, help you do that. A lot has been invested, personally and otherwise in the action, trigger, barrels, chambers, etc., and it’s time to realize the extent to which this can go.

Again, I apologize for the philosophical musings, but the way you approached your question forced me to take pause to consider and share what’s real and honest. Thank you.

MB

Sweet!

I'll be shooting more F-class.

I had a full benchrest gun with a 2oz Jewell, and I hated it. I'm a Clydesdale and for me, 4oz is about what 2 oz is for other mere mortals. :) (j/k)

Way too sensitive, especially in something that will never see a 1-piece rest. I like shouldering and shooting my guns. Not dialing in and then breathing on the trigger. :)

I'll be shooting more F-class.

I had a full benchrest gun with a 2oz Jewell, and I hated it. I'm a Clydesdale and for me, 4oz is about what 2 oz is for other mere mortals. :) (j/k)

Way too sensitive, especially in something that will never see a 1-piece rest. I like shouldering and shooting my guns. Not dialing in and then breathing on the trigger. :)

Yep, same here. I am more focused on 3P, or prone but the same applies. I need a very crisp fairly light trigger but I have to have good feel, this is where a top shelf two stage trigger comes in. But all in due time. This is great stuff! Great time for rimfire!!

OS,
    This is awesome and very much appreciated. The only thing I’ll add to your list is our Vudoo/Flavio Trigger. It’s our own Vertical Sear version of the famed Flavio Fare you mentioned. The V/F Trigger is a product of close collaboration under ITAR license with Flavio and Fabio Fare and it’s adjustable from .7 to 2.8 oz. I’ll do a version with a heavier pull weight range. Below are renderings with artwork that was approved today.

3-A762-B53-5-A7-E-419-F-82-F9-7-E000-C511-A08.png

FD201-EBA-D2-C7-43-D4-98-D7-5-B8-FB3-B37824.png

MB
    Thanks for bringing this trigger to the attention of our growing group of interested shooters ...

I'm assuming that the V/F trigger will only work on the V22S ... that's a question?

Another question is about the vertical sear ... for us who are not that technical, what is the advantage of the vertical sear?

RF99,
    Your question strikes me in a way that I feel compelled to express my appreciation for how you posed it. You and others here, as well as others elsewhere, make it obvious you all recognize and understand what it means to personally invest of yourself. And with that, I’m fortunate to have an opportunity to speak to what has taken place over the last few years and honored to do so amongst an incredible group of people.

Lately, we’ve also watched the opposite. The different type of drive or the purpose behind representing something for which there was no personal investment, and therefore, the inability to understand why there are certain things I don’t disclose. So again, thank you for the understanding and recognition of what it takes to invest of ones self for the purpose of something bigger than ones self.

Now, your question. My expectation is very simple....and that is to win. So what does winning look like? Winning looks like what you guys have been successful at doing with something that you all said you wanted. Winning looks like overcoming anything that might be standing in the way. I realize this is all bigger picture and I’ve turned quite philosophical, but there are reasons behind what I’m sharing here.

To get more into the details you’re looking for, my expectations of the rifles built around this action are to have guys like you all win major events in BR, F Class and 3P. Like I said above, these are new disciplines for me, so I’m leaning on you guys to help me, help you do that. A lot has been invested, personally and otherwise in the action, trigger, barrels, chambers, etc., and it’s time to realize the extent to which this can go.

Again, I apologize for the philosophical musings, but the way you approached your question forced me to take pause to consider and share what’s real and honest. Thank you.

MB
    Mike, great response and I appreciate you sharing your philosophical "musings". That philosophy is part of what drives you so we all appreciate when you share a part of your drive and energy. I would say we feed off your personal investment in design, and it's all good. I look forward to seeing some hard data and targets from the shooters, and hearing about their experience, to get a feel for the capabilities of this new rifle. It's an exciting time to shoot rimfire for sure!

I use TT Diamond triggers set at about 12oz on my heavy bbl'd V-22s that are shot in PRS-style 22RF matches. Though I expect that I'd be comfortable shooting smallbore prone or F-Class with a trigger that can be adjusted up to 9-12oz range, if I were to shoot a 22RF BR match, I'd probably want something that could go down to 4oz. A trigger designed to run from 2oz up to 1lb would be ideal, as it covers all the bases.

I had a 2oz jewell BR trigger on a Stolle Panda in 6PPC years ago - never shot it in organized competition, but 2oz was so light that I practically HAD to use the pinch technique - putting my thumb on the rear of the trigger guard to locate my hand, then reaching around to touch the trigger. I would suppose that a person would get acclimated to a 2oz trigger to the point where he or she would prefer it to a heavier one, but shooting free recoil with that 6 PPC, I don't think I ever got completely comfortable with it during the few months I owned that rifle. Perhaps with a 22RF rifle and its light recoil, it would be much easier to get to get really comfortable with a 2oz trigger?

Reactions: GetReal
    I use TT Diamond triggers set at about 12oz on my heavy bbl'd V-22s that are shot in PRS-style 22RF matches. Though I expect that I'd be comfortable shooting smallbore prone or F-Class with a trigger that can be adjusted up to 9-12oz range, if I were to shoot a 22RF BR match, I'd probably want something that could go down to 4oz. A trigger designed to run from 2oz up to 1lb would be ideal, as it covers all the bases.

I had a 2oz jewell BR trigger on a Stolle Panda in 6PPC years ago - never shot it in organized competition, but 2oz was so light that I practically HAD to use the pinch technique - putting my thumb on the rear of the trigger guard to locate my hand, then reaching around to touch the trigger. I would suppose that a person would get acclimated to a 2oz trigger to the point where he or she would prefer it to a heavier one, but shooting free recoil with that 6 PPC, I don't think I ever got completely comfortable with it during the few months I owned that rifle. Perhaps with a 22RF rifle and its light recoil, it would be much easier to get to get really comfortable with a 2oz trigger?
    Triggers ... what a great topic! My V-22 repeater has a Timney Calvin Elite Custom trigger, the one that comes with a bag of trigger shoes. It was set at 2lb by VGW but I've gradually reduced the pull to 8oz, which is the lower limit per Timney. Every time I adjusted it down, I shot more accurately. Last summer I bought a true rimfire benchrest rifle that was setup with a 2oz Jewell trigger. It took some getting used to the light weight but when I acclimated it was beneficial.

I shoot a couple of local club matches against guys with unlimited rifles. The consistent winners always have very light triggers. These are single purpose rifles and wouldn't be practical for PRS style matches ... too much banging around.

None of these benchrest triggers are equipped with safeties either. Benchrest shooters are usually very tuned in to safety and both the monthly club matches are "bolts out" ranges.

If you haven’t played with a Flavio trigger, you are in for a treat.

I'm used to airgun rifle and pistol triggers, so 2-6 ozs. is perfect for me. My TT Diamond on my V22 is set at 4 ozs. with no creep. Triggers are so subjective as is pull weight, so it's good Mike is designing a trigger for both ends of the spectrum. It sounds like the V/F trigger will only work with the V22S since it incorporates the vertical sear. Mike, can we get more info. about the benefits of the vertical sear? I know I read a previous thread you posted about it on either SH or another forum, but I can't locate it.

I'm used to airgun rifle and pistol triggers, so 2-6 ozs. is perfect for me. My TT Diamond on my V22 is set at 4 ozs. with no creep. Triggers are so subjective as is pull weight, so it's good Mike is designing a trigger for both ends of the spectrum. It sounds like the V/F trigger will only work with the V22S since it incorporates the vertical sear. Mike, can we get more info. about the benefits of the vertical sear? I know I read a previous thread you posted about it on either SH or another forum, but I can't locate it.

You bet fellas. Someone asked this question in the Gen 1 vs Gen 2 thread so I’ll paste my response here:

With the earlier angled sear (Remington DNA), there are two directional forces acting on the bolt/fire control assembly. There’s a lift force caused by the two angled surfaces (cocking piece and sear) acting upon one another via spring pressure and the thrust force of the assembly (cocking piece and firing pin) moving forward. As the sear releases, the bolt assembly drops in the rear as the firing pin thrusts forward. The drop is completely unnecessary and regarded as an energy leak; this reaction is known to affect consistency. Eliminating the energy leak by using a vertical sear allows the pin assembly to move forward without having to drop, thereby increasing consistency.

What we’re about as it relates to accuracy/precision is consistency. A fire control system that can provide an increased level of consistency is very important to controlling the outcome. All this speaks to what I’ve mentioned lately about controlling variables and not just focusing on one or two things and calling it good.

The vertical system was developed for the BR/F-Class shooters (I’ve heard from the 3P shooters a lot lately as well) that plan to use the new three lug action but I was able to roll it backwards into the new Gen 2 two lug repeater. The earlier Gen systems can be upgraded, but without other features in the the Gen 2 and Three Lug systems, you’re not likely to see the difference on the target. The three lug can also use the angled sear for anyone that has a trigger on hand that has the angled sear.

MB

Mike -

Any chance of a heavier Flavio (4-6 oz) with a flat trigger shoe? I like the idea of consistency in the fire control system, but (to me) a curved triggers add a variable (this is strictly my opinion) I'd rather not have to re-train or account for in match shooting.

If I might be so bold to chum the water a bit I'd like to challenge the folks interested in the V22S to offer details of

1. How they'd configure their single shot actions ... barrels, triggers, stocks and scopes,
    2. How/where they'd shoot or compete with a full V22S build,
    3. How they'd address the ancillary equipment, i.e., rests in particular (one piece or two piece) and finally,
    4. How they might deal with what I refer to as "the ammo chase" ... a highly accurate rifle often requires lot testing to get the best results.

I've put some thought into my dream build and I'll share if my challenge catches on ...

I'll bite.

1. I'm looking for a setup that's similar to a 3 position rifle like an older Anschutz 54 1413. I have a couple of them that I like and shoot better than my more modern 1907 in a 1914 stock. Iron sights, butt hook, thumbhole or similar stock, accessory rail on underside of the forearm for a handstop. I'm waiting for the faster twist, longer barrels. Would most likely choose the Ace barrel. For 3 position, I prefer the trigger to be about 8 to 12 ounces. I'd also like to scope it for some longer range shooting. I'm looking at Trijicon, NF, S&B, but haven't decided yet. I'm not happy with my Vortex PST Gen II at the moment.
    2. I shoot 3 position at my local club and also an iron sight only silhouette match at another club (max distance 100m/109yd). I also would like to attempt some longer range F-class style shooting since I'll have 500 yards available. I'm not aware of any NRL22 or 22 F-class competitions near my area, but open to trying it if I find one.
    3. I'll probably try an F-class style bipod and rear bag for the longer range shooting. I have a caldwell rest that's shit and a bear to be consistent. Haven't looked at better rests yet.
    4. I have a pretty good selection of older SK, Wolf, RWS, Lapua, and Eley on hand. If they don't work, or they run out, I'm about 2.5 hours away from the Lapua test facility at Cardinal Center in Marengo, OH. I plan to take my future Vudoo and Anschutz rifles there for testing. I'm also not to far from the National Matches at Camp Perry and I stock up on various ammo every year.

This leads me to ask if there are Remington 700 footprint stocks available that suit themselves to 3 position shooting? My only complaint with the older Anschutz rifles is the reach when single loading in prone. What will the reach look like in a Vudoo with some type of 3 position stock? The reach on my 1907 is better and I can keep position more consistently, but for whatever reason I don't shoot it as well as the older rifles (not ammo related, shoots Eley Tenex well from a rest).

It might be asking a lot of a single gun, but I'm curious if the single shot adapter is removable, how easy it's removable, and/or if a single shot adapter magazine can be used? I'd still like to be able to use the gun as a repeater with 10 or 15 shot magazines.

I'm anxious to see the data on the faster twist barrels too. How long of a barrel can I go and at what twist rate? Can I go up to 24 or 26 inches? Or should I stick with the 22 inches discussed elsewhere and get a bloop tube?

I'm exited! Good job MB on pushing RF to another level!

Can't wait for economy to get back on track so I can get my Vudoo. Holding every penny I got until I know my job will be secure.

Mike -

Any chance of a heavier Flavio (4-6 oz) with a flat trigger shoe? I like the idea of consistency in the fire control system, but (to me) a curved triggers add a variable (this is strictly my opinion) I'd rather not have to re-train or account for in match shooting.

Yessir, I see no reason we can’t use the trigger shoe that’s in the V/F repeater trigger for what you’re asking. I’ll post a pic of the prototype....

MB

Reactions: GetReal
    Just out of curiosity and maybe a possibility for Head Skunk, how many rifles need to be produced to be considered factory class? This may be a plus for some smaller local shooters to compete and stay competitive as they shift to shooting Benchrest. Just a thought as I started shooting a few Benchrest matches just to get trigger time during a competitive setting with my 457. Now that I have a vudoo, I’ll be doing the same with it. “Cross training”

Just out of curiosity and maybe a possibility for Head Skunk, how many rifles need to be produced to be considered factory class? This may be a plus for some smaller local shooters to compete and stay competitive as they shift to shooting Benchrest. Just a thought as I started shooting a few Benchrest matches just to get trigger time during a competitive setting with my 457. Now that I have a vudoo, I’ll be doing the same with it. “Cross training”
    Really the only organization with a Factory class for BR is ARA 500 rifle made but has to be under 1000.00. The cool thing would be buying a factory rifle that will compete at the unlimited level! My factory 18" Vudoo Ace barrel rifle with a tuner has an unofficial agg of 2200....Worst edge scoring...By the way I say it's unofficial because the last time we shot the ARA targets my range was not ARA sanctioned but it is now!...It will be exciting to see how the V22S runs when my V22 is a hammer right now.

Reactions: nakoa01
    Really the only organization with a Factory class for BR is ARA 500 rifle made but has to be under 1000.00. The cool thing would be buying a factory rifle that will compete at the unlimited level! My factory 18" Vudoo Ace barrel rifle with a tuner has an unofficial agg of 2200....Worst edge scoring...By the way I say it's unofficial because the last time we shot the ARA targets my range was not ARA sanctioned but it is now!...It will be exciting to see how the V22S runs when my V22 is a hammer right now.
    Mark,

ABRA has a class that you might consider "factory" called Outlaw Lite Barrel Bolt Class.

Any .22 LR Bolt Rifle
    Barrel will be from .849 and down.
    No Tuners allowed No Scope Restrictions
    One- or two-piece rest will be allowed.

I'm assuming it was designed for factory rifles but a V22S with a small barrel would qualify. I've not seen any equipment summaries out of ABRA for this class so I don't know what's the typical build.

Reactions: Seymour Fish
    Mark,

ABRA has a class that you might consider "factory" called Outlaw Lite Barrel Bolt Class.

Any .22 LR Bolt Rifle
    Barrel will be from .849 and down.
    No Tuners allowed No Scope Restrictions
    One- or two-piece rest will be allowed.

I'm assuming it was designed for factory rifles but a V22S with a small barrel would qualify. I've not seen any equipment summaries out of ABRA for this class so I don't know what's the typical build.
    Ozark, funny I run the ABRA at our range and I forgot about the Lite Barrel class...Damn it that would be a freaking monster in that class...Mike Bush you need to find a .849 at the muzzle barrel....LOL...Shilen R2 profile!

Well, I guess it’s just a club specific thing. We run a factory and custom class. In factory you have to have factory offered components and can polish on the trigger. No scope nor rest restrictions. I’m just not sure what qualifies as “factory”

Well, I guess it’s just a club specific thing. We run a factory and custom class. In factory you have to have factory offered components and can polish on the trigger. No scope nor rest restrictions. I’m just not sure what qualifies as “factory”
    I've dealt with this issue in "club" matches. The two club matches I shoot monthly (or at least used to ... before the COVID crisis) have developed their own definitions of "factory" rifles. It's important to separate rules from sanctioning organizations, i.e., ARA, PSL, ABRA, IR-50/50, from "club" rules.

The only thing that seems to be consistent in club matches are their inconsistency!!!

I try to use the major sanctioning organizations as references to rules in this discussion.

Just Sayin;

Mike,

Will the V22S be built around a specific round, the way the V22 was built around Center X?

Definitely looking forward to more photos of the action, trigger, and complete rifles. I don't have a lot of actual BR competition experience, having shot ONE 1000yd BR match back in 2007, using my Palma rifle with a 6 Dasher bbl. So I'd wondered whether I'd be better off with a RBLP action, or just stick with a RBRP version. Then realized that It's going to be a lot easier to find 22RF F-Class matches than RF BR ones out here, and that pretty well settles that question - RBRP it is...

Flatland,
    RBRP is best when prone, but a RPLP Rt eject is very fast on a bench.
    Mark

A LOT of progress today and I couldn’t be more pleased. Two things that strike me the most about this action is, it’s the easiest bolt lift 60 degree I’ve felt to date and the power/consistency in the fire control. Prepped everything today, barrels go in the lathe tomorrow.

1-DDBC2-A6-1679-4-CC5-9-BD1-B3479912-A164.jpg

695-FD382-D5-A3-4-CDC-8-AB0-2-C4135090-C2-D.jpg

EB693-A00-BB87-4-B53-BF05-6-E4296-E1736-A.jpg

9-CF84852-1-AC4-4-A19-8569-BD3-AB3-F49-F5-F.jpg

ADAF7088-02-BA-4209-ABCA-E667-A6-ED9046.jpg

8-B30164-E-C884-452-F-B5-A2-16-EC32-EF495-A.jpg

MB

I see dovetail mounts. Will picatinny be available?

And ....I love what all I see, there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bolt release looks funky cool

MB,
    Any possibility of having a stainless receiver without melonite? Maybe a DLC bolt?

MB,
    Any possibility of having a stainless receiver without melonite? Maybe a DLC bolt?

The receiver will have a CVD finish and the bolt, a PVD finish. I’m not planning to leave anything raw.

MB

Reactions: RTH1800
    Mike
    Looks really great. Will you be stocking Shilen barrels? If not what is the lead time on them.
    Thanks

Hello Mike,
    I'm sorry but I'm way behind on any V22S information. Is your new V/F trigger blade adjustable for and aft with the holes in the blade? Is it a Rem 700 pattern that I can put in my existing V22? If so, have you established a cost yet?

KSC