• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo V-22S Single Shot BR/F-Class Action

Tony ,Stiller, Ivan, Bush, McDonald etc. I pour over this site reading everything you guys post. Please continue posting this site as well as others. Im a club shooter as many members here are. Came to late to this game (78) to really compete at State or National levels but Im a sponge when it comes to making my equipment, ammo, and self better. Please Please Please keep the good information coming.

I would offer this, perhaps. Not to step on Tony’s thoughts, which are great, but under the impression that lots of guys want to start someplace but maybe not big, national venues, start looking around and try and shoot some sanctioned matches, someplace, anyplace.
It is everything Harper mentions including the fact that by doing so you will shorten your personal learning curve and increase your skill set faster than any other approach to precision shooting and the better the crew you shoot with, the better you get and sooner as long as you appreciate that nobody sets the world on fire right out of the gate but you ‘d be amazed what 1-2 seasons of matches will do for you even if you’re not leaning toward a national venue quite yet.

My wife's rifle will have a kestros and my rifle will have BBRS Customs stock from Jamie! Our rifles will mainly be used for Smallbore F-Class and little BR.
Marks how did you contact Jamie about the BBRS? Phone I hope or Email? Do you have a quoted price you could share for the stock? Price for the barreled action inletted and bedded? What barrel did you choose?

Tony ,Stiller, Ivan, Bush, McDonald etc. I pour over this site reading everything you guys post. Please continue posting this site as well as others. Im a club shooter as many members here are. Came to late to this game (78) to really compete at State or National levels but Im a sponge when it comes to making my equipment, ammo, and self better. Please Please Please keep the good information coming.
Thank you Stephen, guys like you are why I chose to make the V-22S and I'll continue to say that. Now, I find myself in a difficult place as it relates to the expectations above that I hold myself to, how we operate Vudoo and what I'd like to see as a greater contribution to those we're committed to in this community....more specifically of those "tenets" is honesty and standing ones ground when the dialogue adds no value or is misguided.

Tony---Absolutely
Ivan---Without a doubt
Bush---Take it for what it's worth
McDonald---No question, spoke to him for a while this morning
Stiller---Questionable, just being honest for the sake of what's true.

You posted a question here yesterday about the PQP trigger and I gave you a complete answer, didn't hold anything back (never will) and some didn't like it; but it was totally true. The first reply to that response to you was deleted, no big deal. But, shortly thereafter, Jerry replied with a "clarification" to what I said that perfectly illustrates why I started this dialogue.

As I said in my response to him, what he chose to state was true, but completely self-serving; he didn't provide what could be very important to you in the long run. So, I added more detail and can easily back it up and the same info was posted on his sight a year ago....by me, with a number of people there in total agreement with my findings. This is the bad example I'm referring to, so be careful with what some represent as "good information." Again, there will be some that won't like what I'm saying in this response to you, but my level of disclosure will increase because of the importance of what this means in the long run.

MB

Reactions: 10ring1
Tony, for us "Great Unwashed" would you post times and locations for those "Superbowls" of
rimfire shooting.
I am a busted up old man with bad eyes, BUT I HAVE A GREAT SHOOTING V22S, I have been shooting F-Class
in some local matches. Getting down on my belly like a fat Gator in the sun, is getting less appealing, so
I think learning more from you BR guys is next.
Thanks, Pat

Hey Tony,
I'm glad to see you're back here, as I've grown to appreciate and respect what you have to say. You're killin' it in the BR world, and this isn't new; you've been doing so for a long time and have the trophies to prove it. I hope you'll become a fixture among us to share your perspective and experience because I've come to believe you're about setting a better example....please take that for what it's worth. I've watched people on this forum, not in Vudoo threads, mistreat you based on a lack of understanding, and I didn't stand for it and I won't. I spoke up then and I'll do so again if need be.

Personally, I'll be headed out this Spring with my rig. It's a forgone conclusion that the action is a V-22S with a revived Mueller barrel, Vudoo/Flavio Trigger and BBRS stock. I'm using Kelbly Dovetail Rings and a Nightforce Competition with a SEB Max front rest. @Tim7139 mentioned a rear bag a while back that I need to look into. At the moment, what I just stated is as much as I've cared to know about Benchrest. In fact, the rifle is still in KY, but I'm headed back to Ivan's week after next to move forward on our project and will bring the rifle home. Based on my lack of interest, the rifle has been there for quite a while.

I'll start out at local matches after I head to Lapua to test ammo, but the "Big Stage" isn't in my future....I truly have no interest in it. However, I'm quite certain there will be V-22S based rifles on the "Big Stage," but I can't speak as to whether it's this Spring or not. It's not my focus to have them there as the meat of this community for us is different....it's more about servitude than anything else. It seems this approach has been terribly difficult for some to understand and what I've watched as a result continues to fuel my lack of interest and the interests of others (lots of newer shooters) and there's only one answer....it's going to take many more than you to set a better example.

What has been expected in this thread and other threads I manage is total transparency, honesty, humility, service to others and the willingness to add real value while standing one's ground when these things don't exist in any dialogue. Anything that falls outside these tenets will not survive in any Vudoo related thread. Beyond that, we've had guys from the niche part of the community call the shop to order an action and speak to our employees in an "ill manner," more recently there was a guy that called the person on our end of the phone a liar. So, we refunded his money on the spot and fired him as a customer. That's what the right examples going forward has to represent and please know, I'm not saying this "to" TKH, you're already part of how things improve....I've seen it.

I'm asking, publicly, with humility, that you, as a senior part of a unique niche community, help propagate what newer shooters are really looking for. It has nothing to do with the V-22S or any other piece of gear, nothing to do with bragging rights about anything, nothing to do with matches on the "Big Stage;" it's really as simple as the things I mentioned above. That's how the community grows....

Thanks Tony and I hope you hear what I'm saying for the reasons I'm saying it....

MB
Thanks for the reply and I understand where you are coming from.

In the greater scheme of things we all need each other. Shooters of all interest need to stick together.

There are many people out there that do not understand why we enjoy shooting sports, and they are ready to take that away.

As we become smaller in numbers they become more embolden.

RFBR competition isn't for everyone. It never has been, nor will it ever be.

But even causal shooters can benefit from attending some of the bigger matches.

There is a lot to learn from each other, and there is no better place than when you get the best in the country together.

In short, we can't learn from each other if we never get together.

At some point we have to drop our egos, quit bickering on the forums.

Do our talking face to face on the range where we all enjoy being.

So I ask for your help in encouraging your clients to come to some matches see first hand what goes on.

I for one stand ready to help in away way I can.

TKH

Tony, for us "Great Unwashed" would you post times and locations for those "Superbowls" of
rimfire shooting.
I am a busted up old man with bad eyes, BUT I HAVE A GREAT SHOOTING V22S, I have been shooting F-Class
in some local matches. Getting down on my belly like a fat Gator in the sun, is getting less appealing, so
I think learning more from you BR guys is next.
Thanks, Pat
AUMan,

Here is a list of websites that will give you all the info you need about upcoming matches. Not a lot have been posted at this time but will be in the coming weeks. As Tim said you don't have to come to the big matches just pick out some near you and start there. You will feel right at home with the rest of us broken down, bad eyed, fat belly shooters.

Match Information (rimfireaccuracy.com)
SCHEDULE – IR5050
American Rimfire Association
Schedule (proshootingleague.com)

TKH

Reactions: AUMan

In the greater scheme of things we all need each other. Shooters of all interest need to stick together.

There are many people out there that do not understand why we enjoy shooting sports, and they are ready to take that away.

There is a lot to learn from each other, and there is no better place than when you get the best in the country together.

So I ask for your help in encouraging your clients to come to some matches see first hand what goes on.

TKH
Awesome, thanks Tony, I couldn't agree more. In what is now an upside down and backwards world, you're 100% correct. Early on, leading up to and after the launch of the V-22S, I tried to battle it all, only to grow tired and lose interest in anything outside what we started just four short years ago. In the BR world, I didn't know what I didn't know and there are times I'm sure I've been part of the problem, I don't mind saying that within a community I respect.

Now, I'm focused enough on what has to change for the sake of the incredible number of calls, emails, PMs and social media outreach from so many passionate people and I have to/want to support them. That's why I'm posting this in the V-22S thread; because it's at the center of how all this came about. I'd love to share a text with everyone here that I received this morning that was the proverbial "last straw" of bad examples, but I won't. However, the result of that text, for me, was validation.

So, with that, I'll do exactly as you ask. You and I aren't that far away from one another and that guy, @Tim7139, is pretty close as well. I'll be in touch as Spring brings the season to bear.

MB

AUMan,

Here is a list of websites that will give you all the info you need about upcoming matches. Not a lot have been posted at this time but will be in the coming weeks. As Tim said you don't have to come to the big matches just pick out some near you and start there. You will feel right at home with the rest of us broken down, bad eyed, fat belly shooters.

Match Information (rimfireaccuracy.com)
SCHEDULE – IR5050
American Rimfire Association
Schedule (proshootingleague.com)

TKH
Tony,

Don't let Auman fool you, He's quite the shot!!!! Although I think he looks and moves more like a tortoise these days than a gator! LOL :ROFLMAO:

There’s the first shots out of the barrel..it’s turned sideways..first 10 was second row far right.

Attachments

• B6376163-33E3-4EEE-B7F7-F2D0E5035A16.jpeg
    B6376163-33E3-4EEE-B7F7-F2D0E5035A16.jpeg
    591.7 KB · Views: 139
I am fighting off the urge to build a 50m prone rifle on the V-22S action. The only reason I haven’t yet is because I haven’t found a stock that will work. Kinda thinking about one of Gary’s tube chassis, but I have never used one and I would really like to match it to my FWB 800X. It’s just 💵 & 🕰...

I am fighting off the urge to build a 50m prone rifle on the V-22S action. The only reason I haven’t yet is because I haven’t found a stock that will work. Kinda thinking about one of Gary’s tube chassis, but I have never used one and I would really like to match it to my FWB 800X. It’s just 💵 & 🕰...
Let's talk about this soon....

MB

Reactions: jbell
I have not held a FWB 800x yet, but maybe a custom bedding block and a few minor stock alterations might get it into your current stock.

Regards,
Ken

Reactions: jbell
Hey Tony,
I'm glad to see you're back here, as I've grown to appreciate and respect what you have to say. You're killin' it in the BR world, and this isn't new; you've been doing so for a long time and have the trophies to prove it. I hope you'll become a fixture among us to share your perspective and experience because I've come to believe you're about setting a better example....please take that for what it's worth. I've watched people on this forum, not in Vudoo threads, mistreat you based on a lack of understanding, and I didn't stand for it and I won't. I spoke up then and I'll do so again if need be.

Personally, I'll be headed out this Spring with my rig. It's a forgone conclusion that the action is a V-22S with a revived Mueller barrel, Vudoo/Flavio Trigger and BBRS stock. I'm using Kelbly Dovetail Rings and a Nightforce Competition with a SEB Max front rest. @Tim7139 mentioned a rear bag a while back that I need to look into. At the moment, what I just stated is as much as I've cared to know about Benchrest. In fact, the rifle is still in KY, but I'm headed back to Ivan's week after next to move forward on our project and will bring the rifle home. Based on my lack of interest, the rifle has been there for quite a while.

I'll start out at local matches after I head to Lapua to test ammo, but the "Big Stage" isn't in my future....I truly have no interest in it. However, I'm quite certain there will be V-22S based rifles on the "Big Stage," but I can't speak as to whether it's this Spring or not. It's not my focus to have them there as the meat of this community for us is different....it's more about servitude than anything else. It seems this approach has been terribly difficult for some to understand and what I've watched as a result continues to fuel my lack of interest and the interests of others (lots of newer shooters) and there's only one answer....it's going to take many more than you to set a better example.

What has been expected in this thread and other threads I manage is total transparency, honesty, humility, service to others and the willingness to add real value while standing one's ground when these things don't exist in any dialogue. Anything that falls outside these tenets will not survive in any Vudoo related thread. Beyond that, we've had guys from the niche part of the community call the shop to order an action and speak to our employees in an "ill manner," more recently there was a guy that called the person on our end of the phone a liar. So, we refunded his money on the spot and fired him as a customer. That's what the right examples going forward has to represent and please know, I'm not saying this "to" TKH, you're already part of how things improve....I've seen it.

I'm asking, publicly, with humility, that you, as a senior part of a unique niche community, help propagate what newer shooters are really looking for. It has nothing to do with the V-22S or any other piece of gear, nothing to do with bragging rights about anything, nothing to do with matches on the "Big Stage;" it's really as simple as the things I mentioned above. That's how the community grows....

Thanks Tony and I hope you hear what I'm saying for the reasons I'm saying it....

MB
Exactly. Well-spoken Mr Bush! The sport will only grow when the adults don't eat their young. The most basic principal in evolution

Marks how did you contact Jamie about the BBRS? Phone I hope or Email? Do you have a quoted price you could share for the stock? Price for the barreled action inletted and bedded? What barrel did you choose?
Here’s my V-22s with a Jamie Bugess stock.

Attachments

• 1B1F2213-1367-42E1-9405-9734A0A32606.jpeg
    1B1F2213-1367-42E1-9405-9734A0A32606.jpeg
    735.6 KB · Views: 173
  • 7C4B9F84-A25E-4CB5-943F-293257278569.jpeg
    7C4B9F84-A25E-4CB5-943F-293257278569.jpeg
    582.5 KB · Views: 161
When something as simple as, while at the same time, complex as rimfire ignition goes through development, this is the result. As mentioned in various places, the V-22S isn't a re-hash of our repeaters but instead, a ground up development in many areas. The fire control is the greater of these developments, which includes the efforts to collaborate with Flavio Fare to come up with the Vudoo/Flavio trigger. The cool thing is, we can roll these developments backwards into our repeaters. Sometimes, these things aren't without their pains as fine tuning based on variation is really a thing, but it's certainly worth it in the long run.

5-F5-AB652-BBB8-4000-A593-805-DFFDA0678.jpg

MB

Last edited:
As winter is slowly moving along, and the virus is becoming controlled, I'm sure there are many like me that can't wait for outdoor shooting to start up this spring.

I realize not everyone that reads this is into competition 50 yard RFBR. But since that is my interest I would like to get a feel for what you guys think.

Will this spring be the coming out for the Vudoo Single Shot BR?F class action?

How many actually plan to bring that action to the big stage of RFBR.

When I say big stage I'm talking the Triple Crown of Rimfire, The ARA Indoor/outdoor Nationals, the IR 50/50 10 Shot outdoor/indoor Nationals, the IR 50/50 Unlimited Indoor/outdoor Nationals or any of the Precision Shooting League (PSL) matches?

At this point in time these are the only matches that really count.

Fact is we need more shooters. I don't want to put pressure on anyone, but someone has to step up and showcase this action.

I can assure you that you will be welcomed, and everyone will want to see your set up and get to know you.

TKH
Tony,

I'm definitely looking forward to the "coming out" of the V-22S on the Big Stage. I'm certain that I lack what's necessary to get on the podium at the big matches but I'm definitely in the hunt at the smaller local venues. My V-22S build is still being refined - but is getting closer every day.

I'm looking forward to seeing how it comes along and will hopefully we'll see it in competition in the next few months.

I'm enthusiastic about the V-22S, I think I've got a good barrel, I'm happy to see the revised firing pin MB posted earlier today. I'm going to need some "killer" ammo and we're off to the races.

There haven't been that many full-on benchrest builds so far, most have been F-Class. We all know that it's only a matter of time and I predict they'll be several V-22S built rifles by the Outdoor Nationals. I think I'll make my arrangements to attend and shoot that match - wish there was a "novice" class.

Norm

Yessir, great guy, spoke to him this morning, as I do somewhat regularly. He's doing a great job with the V-22S....

MB
Mike How do I get intouch with Evelio? ON Rim Cent. you mention Evelio as 1 of 2 you would trust to barrel your action, Who is the 2nd smith? I'll bet its Ivan. Yes?

Last edited:
MB, what taper Mueller barrel did you install on your V22S since it is not what can be ordered? What length?

Mike How do I get intouch with Evelio? ON Rim Cent. you mention Evelio as 1 of 2 you would trust to barrel your action, Who is the 2nd smith? I'll bet its Ivan. Yes?
I'll shoot his contact info to you via PM.

MB

MB, what taper Mueller barrel did you install on your V22S since it is not what can be ordered? What length?
It's a 1.2" diameter breech cylinder with a radius down to .900" to the muzzle. As I recall, it finished right around 25" based on the bore taper.

MB

Last edited:
Stephen you pm me on this forum!!!!

Reactions: RAVAGE88
Tony,

I'm definitely looking forward to the "coming out" of the V-22S on the Big Stage. I'm certain that I lack what's necessary to get on the podium at the big matches but I'm definitely in the hunt at the smaller local venues. My V-22S build is still being refined - but is getting closer every day.

I'm looking forward to seeing how it comes along and will hopefully we'll see it in competition in the next few months.

I'm enthusiastic about the V-22S, I think I've got a good barrel, I'm happy to see the revised firing pin MB posted earlier today. I'm going to need some "killer" ammo and we're off to the races.

There haven't been that many full-on benchrest builds so far, most have been F-Class. We all know that it's only a matter of time and I predict they'll be several V-22S built rifles by the Outdoor Nationals. I think I'll make my arrangements to attend and shoot that match - wish there was a "novice" class.

Norm
Norm,

Great to hear your plans.

Here are some (I hope) helpful hints.

Competitive shooting is an all offensive sport. There is no defense. Don't spend energy worrying about scores other competitors may shoot.

Plan your shooting season. Pick out matches you want to attend, and set objectives.

You can't know what scores will be required to win, nor can you control what others shoot. With that understanding, shoot against your own known practice scores. Base your success on how you do against those scores. Don't worry about winning or losing. There will be plenty of that, enjoy the match, and treat it as a learning opportunity.

The main thing is enjoy yourself and get to know other shooters. They share your interest. You will learn from their experiences and they will gladly share them. You will soon learn who has the best suggestions and who doesn't.

Test anything questionable. Much of shooting is confidence, you only achieve complete confidence when you test something for yourself.

Competition brings out the best in a shooter. When shooting competitions expect to beat your averages. Feel good about yourself when you do.

Winning will take care of itself. Anything can and will happen in a RFBR match. I've seen many shooters become disenchanted when they show up at a match expecting to win, and someone shows up, out of the blue, shooting a contraption that you wouldn't take squirrel hunting and clean everyone's clock. When this happens congratulate the winner, shake his hand, let him enjoy his win. But do not let this reflect on how you feel about your own performance.

Remember you have your averages, you know how you preformed against those averages. That is all that really matters.

Now there is a whole lot more to shooting, but I offer this as a start. I would hope others will offer their suggestions as well.

TKH

Mike is this firing pin available for the ones that are already out in the field???

Click on WooDoo and then click start conversation and start typing

Whoops! beat me to it!

Norm,

Great to hear your plans.

Here are some (I hope) helpful hints.

Competitive shooting is an all offensive sport. There is no defense. Don't spend energy worrying about scores other competitors may shoot.

Plan your shooting season. Pick out matches you want to attend, and set objectives.

You can't know what scores will be required to win, nor can you control what others shoot. With that understanding, shoot against your own known practice scores. Base your success on how you do against those scores. Don't worry about winning or losing. There will be plenty of that, enjoy the match, and treat it as a learning opportunity.

The main thing is enjoy yourself and get to know other shooters. They share your interest. You will learn from their experiences and they will gladly share them. You will soon learn who has the best suggestions and who doesn't.

Test anything questionable. Much of shooting is confidence, you only achieve complete confidence when you test something for yourself.

Competition brings out the best in a shooter. When shooting competitions expect to beat your averages. Feel good about yourself when you do.

Winning will take care of itself. Anything can and will happen in a RFBR match. I've seen many shooters become disenchanted when they show up at a match expecting to win, and someone shows up, out of the blue, shooting a contraption that you wouldn't take squirrel hunting and clean everyone's clock. When this happens congratulate the winner, shake his hand, let him enjoy his win. But do not let this reflect on how you feel about your own performance.

Remember you have your averages, you know how you preformed against those averages. That is all that really matters.

Now there is a whole lot more to shooting, but I offer this as a start. I would hope others will offer their suggestions as well.

TKH
Tony, sage advice. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on how to approach any match. I look forward to competing this year in ARA, and will first shoot against myself, and second, see how I do in a match.

Thanks!

Larry

Mike is this firing pin available for the ones that are already out in the field???
That's kind of what I'm thinking about - see the attached photo of pin indentations on cases out of my V-22S, with the red/14lb spring. Would like to have the indentations a little farther away from the edge of the rim...

Attachments

• DSC_0295.JPG
    DSC_0295.JPG
    233.1 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Reactions: AUMan
Just for clarification everyone, the firing pin Mike posted with the ammo showing indentations, is a Repeater firing pin, not the single shot which has a 6 o'clock pin position. Our SS Firing pin started in this configuration and during Mikes exhaustive R&D, went through several iterations to become what you all receive in the V-22s SS. He was using this photo as an example of how that technology was backwards compatible and he incorporated it into our V-22 repeater which was recently revised. A revision done because the 12 o'clock firing pin position needed something a bit different than the 6 o'clock. I state all this for you guys as we have had many calls at the shop looking for the revised V-22s SS firing pin, of which there is not. We do however, have a revised pin for the V-22 Gen 2, repeater for anyone that experiences too many light strike issues with their existing pin. If you don't have this issue with your repeater, you do not need the revised pin. Thanks for listening to me blab on. but thought it might help. Jill and I are always happy to discuss it from the shop and love to hear from you all.

All the best, PP

So is this what I must live with?

r3pg3Tg.jpg

They seem to far out, and not nearly what MIke is showing. Is there Better???

So is this what I must live with?

r3pg3Tg.jpg

They seem to far out, and not nearly what MIke is showing. Is there Better???
What Mike is showing is our repeater firing pin and its evolution from the original 'chisel' tip. He is in a constant state of R&D on all our products but our SS Firing pin is working as intended, not that he might not continue to fiddle with it as he always does on everything. Are you experiencing light strikes or do you just not like where it hits? How is your accuracy?

Accuracy is great! Some light strikes, and have moved up to strongest spring.
If that takes care of the misfires, I will be happy. But if the space ship is "New and Improved"
then......................
Ok, so it being posted in the SS thread confused me! Easily Done!
Thanks for the clarity, Paul.

Reactions: ccollier
Accuracy is great! Some light strikes, and have moved up to strongest spring.
If that takes care of the misfires, I will be happy. But if the space ship is "New and Improved"
then......................
Ok, so it being posted in the SS thread confused me! Easily Done!
Thanks for the clarity, Paul.
Absolutely my pleasure. Sorry for the confusion and keep us posted on how it goes with the heavier spring. We improve by getting feedback from our amazing customers and we really do listen. All the best.

Reactions: ccollier and dwt
WOW, I step away for two seconds....:ROFLMAO::LOL:

Ok, I'll make this very plain, very simple....if YOUR spent cases fired from YOUR V-22S do not agree with the picture below as far as placement of the indent, contact me directly via email, [email protected] or via PM. The cases in the picture below are from MY V-22S....Do not call St. George and disrupt their day, they're incredibly busy and I've already made preparations to get pins to those who have indentations too far out on the rim.

In addition, the depth of what you see in the below picture is lighter than normal because these cases date back quite a ways during the time I was testing REALLY light springs....this was a single digit spring rate.

4-B1-A8-D48-A92-B-4-E58-821-A-6-DE8-B621326-E.jpg

MB

Last edited:

TKH
Hear hear! If this were more of the attitude in the sport, the sport would be in a different place.

Reactions: Bd1 and RAVAGE88
This! Is what it should be about!

FWIW, ANY competent rimfire BR smith should be good to go fitting a barrel here, in fact if one assumes this to be an action requiring zero mods, even easier.
There are some world class barrel evaluators out there should you broaden your search......just sayin.

Reactions: RAVAGE88
WOW, I step away for two seconds....:ROFLMAO::LOL:

Ok, I'll make this very plain, very simple....if YOUR spent cases fired from YOUR V-22S do not agree with the picture below as far as placement of the indent, contact me directly via email, [email protected] or via PM. The cases in the picture below are from MY V-22S....Do not call St. George and disrupt their day, they're incredibly busy and I've already made preparations to get pins to those who have indentations too far out on the rim.

In addition, the depth of what you see in the below picture is lighter than normal because these cases date back quite a ways during the time I was testing REALLY light springs....this was a single digit spring rate.

4-B1-A8-D48-A92-B-4-E58-821-A-6-DE8-B621326-E.jpg

MB
Mike will you make and sell your Factory Hot Rod as a package? What would the package include?