• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo V-22S Single Shot BR/F-Class Action

Ivan and I puttin’ in a little work today at the Lapua facility.

D09-E86-CE-9462-45-D9-89-BD-5-C39-E7196-B30.jpg

5-A98707-F-8-D2-E-4643-9106-8-F96-E0314197.jpg

9-A36-DD79-D57-B-40-FD-A391-0-DEB1-DB4-CDF7.jpg

EC350-FBF-D6-C2-4-DD3-9-BB4-2-ACE79-A2-F2-AB.jpg

MB
Groups brother..groups?

Jim, sorry on my figuring. It was almost TWO MONTHS to the day, not ONE.
Kinda disappointing for that update, but nothing can be done but wait it out. LOL. Hope you have some good weather to get it to the range and see how it shoots, etc.

Reactions: GTI
Mike,
What tuner is that on your V-22S? Looks like there's a brass bushing in the mix...
Also obvious that the bbl isn't contoured like a Shilen R0 or R5 - is it the Muller you had earlier? I'm waiting on a Benchmark 3-groove in R5 contour - want to get it spun-up and compare it to the Shilen R5 that's on the rifle now.

Reactions: 10ring1
Mike,
What tuner is that on your V-22S? Looks like there's a brass bushing in the mix...
Also obvious that the bbl isn't contoured like a Shilen R0 or R5 - is it the Muller you had earlier? I'm waiting on a Benchmark 3-groove in R5 contour - want to get it spun-up and compare it to the Shilen R5 that's on the rifle now.
It's a PRO-X

Landy

Mike,
On the tuner, what @HuskerP7M8 said....The trigger guard is also Pro-X.

The barrel is a Muller that finished right around 25".

MB

Reactions: 10ring1
Randy
i was told by a couple old time benchrest guys that my dymalux stock would be to hard and that it would vibrate to much. well they were wrong. my 2500x rotex is a killer combo. just shot a 2450 with it. incredible! Thanks Lee

Reactions: Stephen T and Cuzz
Randy
i was told by a couple old time benchrest guys that my dymalux stock would be to hard and that it would vibrate to much. well they were wrong. my 2500x rotex is a killer combo. just shot a 2450 with it. incredible! Thanks Lee
Thanks for good words Lee. Everybody is welcome to their opinion but, in the end, it's all about the results. My stocks are not the fanciest, glossiest ones available but they seem to dampen vibration really well and a lot of good scores have been shot on them. Glad you like it.

Pj|
Just completed one of the first stocks for the V22S. Low-profile Charcoal Dymalux with vents in the forestock. Will be delivered to the customer next week at the big dance in Georgia.
View attachment 7580262View attachment 7580263
You just completed and posted this on the owners 82 birthday. Got my scope, trigger, ammo and accessories for fun weekend in Georgia. See ya there.

Hold the press guys,

I just heard Jerry Smith shot a 2500 ARA card today down in the swamp.

That is the way to get the party started with a brand new build with the Vudoo V-22S action.

Congrats to Jerry, and Congrats to Vudoo Arms. Thanks for making another rimfire BR quality action available for us shooters.

TKH

Hold the press guys,

That is the way to get the party started with a brand new build with the Vudoo V-22S action.

Congrats to Jerry, and Congrats to Vudoo Arms. Thanks for making another rimfire BR quality action available for us shooters.

TKH
The rifle Jerry is shooting belongs to @Ozark Shooter and built at Vudoo, not built by a popular BR smith. Shilen Ratchet, Vudoo/Flavio Trigger, Holeshot Tuner, Rotex Stock and Midas +.

MB

Last edited:
Hold the press guys,

TKH
Going to see alot of this....

Congratulations Jerry on some fine shooting!

Not to put a "downer" on things BUT:
My V22-S was delivered today to my FFL who lives just a short distance from me. I kept on getting updates from UPS during the morning until delivery at 1:25pm. He texts me telling me has the gun and it's safe and sound HOWEVER, my FRIGGIN' BACKGROUND check hasn't come back yet so I can't pick it up! Can you believe it!? You wait all this time, it finally arrives 1 mile away and I CAN'T GET IT! BOY, does Illinois SUCK! I sent in my renewal for my FOID February of LAST YEAR! I think what's not helping any is that I took a CCL course 7 months ago and as I understand it they have to assign a NEW number to the FOID which incorporates the CCL. Oh well, done with the rant. I'm going over to his place in the morning to take some pics of the beauty. At least I'll have those for the time being.....

Jerry called me last night and gave more scoop. He actually shot two 2500’s, one in practice and one on card four (six card match).

MB
There's a really interesting thing to this latest development. The word going around is, "he was testing it and had done a bunch of ignition work on it I've been told."

The interesting part is, nothing was done to the ignition outside of testing with the range of springs supplied in our kit. Jerry told me he is using the 13 lb spring because that is where the rifle is shooting the best and he can see a difference when he goes to the 14 lb spring. I'll also say he did a little polishing on the exterior surface of the pin itself, only because it had a different appearance than the pin he took out of it (the pin he's using is the pin I shipped to @Ozark Shooter).

When he called and asked if he should polish it, I said, "sure, it won't hurt anything." There's no measurable difference at the target between using the polished vs unpolished pin. So, all this to say, the system is working as designed. There was a reason to offer a spring kit and many reasons to stick with SAP. Everything else seen at the target is Jerry's ability to select ammo (although he stated the Shilen on that rifle isn't ammo sensitive) and properly tune the rifle.

MB

Mike

Thanks for the quick response. I have several sets of them that I bought from Anschutz NA. They where supposedly machined to fit the Anschutz 11mm dovetail. Do you think they will fit your receiver?

Thanks again
Jerry

Mike

Thanks for the quick response. I have several sets of them that I bought from Anschutz NA. They where supposedly machined to fit the Anschutz 11mm dovetail. Do you think they will fit your receiver?

Thanks again
Jerry
No worries.

Yessir, I believe they will. The dovetail dimensions/convention should be pretty accommodating, but I didn't test other rings as I was personally interested in the Kelbly's. Let me know if you try others and reach out if you need anything....

MB

Mike

Thanks again
Jerry
It is my understanding that Kelblys makes (or made) the rings for Anschutz NA. I have nothing to confirm this however.
Regards,
ken

A bit off topic but I found something amusing. Two years ago I decided to try out my first ever 22 bench rest match. Keep in mind that I shot this match on the same day and immediately after shooting an NRL22 match which I was the MD for. I shot the match with my Vudoo (of course) using a bipod and my Game Changer bag. The benchresters smurked at my rifle as they walked down the line saying that a Vudoo will never compete in bench rest. Here we are 2 years later and now and well.....you know.
BTW, I don't remember my exact placement in that match but I think it was 10th or so out of 40'ish shooters.

A bit off topic but I found something amusing. Two years ago I decided to try out my first ever 22 bench rest match. Keep in mind that I shot this match on the same day and immediately after shooting an NRL22 match which I was the MD for. I shot the match with my Vudoo (of course) using a bipod and my Game Changer bag. The benchresters smurked at my rifle as they walked down the line saying that a Vudoo will never compete in bench rest. Here we are 2 years later and now and well.....you know.
BTW, I don't remember my exact placement in that match but I think it was 10th or so out of 40'ish shooters.
Awesome....and not off-topic at all, but instead, I'd call it history-in-the-making as we dare-to-be-different. And to finish top 10 in a field of 40 at your first BR match, regardless of equipment used, is no small thing....Thanks Dude.

MB

Reactions: Gjmen22 and SgtJKM
Awesome....and not off-topic at all, but instead, I'd call it history-in-the-making as we dare-to-be-different. And to finish top 10 in a field of 40 at your first BR match, regardless of equipment used, is no small thing....Thanks Dude.

MB
Does anyone know is the Burris Sig./with inserts fit?

FINALLY, my baby is home! Picked her up from the FFL this evening. Going to the range tomorrow (Friday and probably Saturday, too) to sight her in. Can't wait! I'll post some pics of her at the range.
Awesome.

MB