• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo V-22S Single Shot BR/F-Class Action

Appreciate the info Jamie, I'll add a bit of context for the benefit of those that lack detail.

Ivan and Janet decided at the very last minute to go to Kettlefoot and since he hasn't quite finished his Vudoo yet, he shot his old rifle. As usual they represented very well and Ivan qualified for upcoming events, which is relevant for the Vudoo he's completing for himself. I also have a few barrels in the works for rifles I'm building for myself and a rather high profile outdoorsman. Things will get interesting over the next few months.

Jeff is a new shooter, as is the case for many aspiring to use a V-22S in BR and as you stated, he was there to shoot and had a great time. Highly commendable indeed when one focuses on the shooting and less on the things that just doesn't matter.

Jerry Smith declared to me on the phone about two weeks prior to Kettlefoot that he was definitely shooting Norm's rifle and asked for a few Vudoo shirts. We sent him six or so and I heard nothing afterward; not sure what happened, but, lesson learned (see my sig line below). I believe Norm was also expecting that Jerry would shoot his rifle, as it was set up the way Jerry wanted. Norm wasn't comfortable shooting his Vudoo mostly based on the fact that it had the 13 pound spring in it. Norm's ammo needed the 14 pound spring.

Can't speak to Greg or anyone else as I've not heard from them.

MB
Hello Mike, hope all is well for you.
Any news of the order from France, to LB Precision?
Impatient to setup this rifle with him.

Not shooting a match because you cant change a spring from 13 to 14 really?. I went threw all 6 springs on my first test section at range .Reading your flags is were you win a match at least out here in Calif. you east coast shooters are different
mattt, plans change and last minute changes are sometimes a challenge. By the way, Norm lives in the great state of Texas, not on the east coast... And flags are very important to perform well in any BR match from coast to coast...

Have a good one!

RFS99

Reactions: GTI
Hello Norm,
I hope all is well. I just looked at the Triple Crown results and didn’t see your name. Sorry if I missed that you couldn’t make it. I’m a big fan of the V22S and want to see it do well. I see a lot of big names were there. Maybe next year I will try to be there. Once again I hope all is well.
All is well ... I highly recommend attending the Triple Crown of Rimfire. It's a great experience for a new shooter like me who is trying to learnI the ropes. I shot the Virginia State ARA and did so poorly I decided to pass on the Triple Crown. Time to get back to the drawing board and develop some basic skills, i.e., wind reading and bench technique.

I had hoped to shoot my V-22S but was having FTF issues ... now running the 14 lb spring and having much better ignition. I decided to shoot my 2500X - more experience and comfort/confidence at this point. My Vudoo is still under development but I've got high hopes. I bought some ammo at the Triple Crown that seems to work much better than what I've been shooting.

Last edited:
Let turn this thread from pontificating to match results for the vudoo 22s ?
Good idea mattt ... I'm trying to catch up on posts on this thread and find I'm a little behind.

I shot my V-22S in our local ARA match on Saturday. We had a small turnout of six unlimited and three factory shooters.

I placed second with a four card aggregate score of 2150. The match winner was on fire with a 2500 card and an aggregate of 2400.

I'm getting a feel for my V-22S, especially with the current lot of ammo I'm shooting. There's so many details to iron out when shooting RFBR. VGW has done their part providing an excellent action. I've got a really good barrel and I think the Vudoo Flavio Fare trigger is state-of-the-art. I think I've got decent ammo and that helps a lot. My match performance is all on me now - I'm working on my bench technique especially setting up my one-piece rest so it tracks properly and is stable once it's on the point of aim. I've still got to learn how to read the wind which is a really big issue.

IMHO the only way you get good shooting RFBR is practice, practice ... and then you've got to compete. When you don't meet your personal expectations you've got to refocus on the basics and reach out to your mentors. The guys I shoot with and compete against are always ready to help me shoot better.

Norm

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 10.09.20 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 10.09.20 AM.png
    161.9 KB · Views: 132
Reactions: mattt and GTI
@RAVAGE88

"Jerry Smith declared to me on the phone about two weeks prior to Kettlefoot that he was definitely shooting Norm's rifle and asked for a few Vudoo shirts. We sent him six or so"

I shoot one of your V22 repeaters every weekend. Can I get a few shirts? :)

Gjmen22

@RAVAGE88

"Jerry Smith declared to me on the phone about two weeks prior to Kettlefoot that he was definitely shooting Norm's rifle and asked for a few Vudoo shirts. We sent him six or so"

I shoot one of your V22 repeaters every weekend. Can I get a few shirts? :)

Gjmen22
Did Jerry shoot Kettlefoot if so how did he do?

Last Saturday I shot a 749 in our club level ir 50/50 match ,enough to beat a great shooter with a 2500x that shot a 748 but had better x/count sorry repost about match
mattt,

That's the challenge (and sometimes the criticism) of IR-50/50. You can often lose a position on the leader board if you drop a point and score less than 250 on a card even if your X-count is higher. You can drop a shot in ARA and still shoot a 2450 which is often enough to be the high card. Suggests that you've always got to shoot your best ammo on IR-50/50 if you're committed to winning.

Norm

mattt,

That's the challenge (and sometimes the criticism) of IR-50/50. You can often lose a position on the leader board if you drop a point and score less than 250 on a card even if your X-count is higher. You can drop a shot in ARA and still shoot a 2450 which is often enough to be the high card. Suggests that you've always got to shoot your best ammo on IR-50/50 if you're committed to winning.

Norm
We are looking to get Reg ara matches at one of the ranges I shoot here in Bay Area, Concord usi . Sac Valley is reg ir 50/50

Anyone have any experience with Eley ammo in their v22s? Was thinking about ordering some since there is some in stock at Killough. I see most are using Lapua primarily

Anyone have any experience with Eley ammo in their v22s? Was thinking about ordering some since there is some in stock at Killough. I see most are using Lapua primarily
10ring1, Norm (Ozark Shooter) has had some good experience with Eley Match in his Vudoo. He came in second place in his most recent ARA match at Angelina Gun Club. I'm sure he will chime in on the Forum and let you know.

A suggestion, buy the Eley Match, test it in your rifle, if you don't think it shoots well enough, then you can always sell the remaining Eley Match. Lots of folks have trouble finding any .22 ammo now, so you should be able to sell it quite easily on line.

Just a thought...

RFS99

Reactions: 10ring1
Thank you for that. Was thinking about trying some. I have tried CX and Midas and still have some on hand. Had some good success with it so far but still in the developmental stages with mine. Don't want to leave any stones unturned. May give some a try. Don't have any experience at all with Eley ammos . Any suggestions? They have match and tenex in stock

Thank you for that. Was thinking about trying some. I have tried CX and Midas and still have some on hand. Had some good success with it so far but still in the developmental stages with mine. Don't want to leave any stones unturned. May give some a try. Don't have any experience at all with Eley ammos . Any suggestions? They have match and tenex in stock
I only use Match. Tenex is too pricey for me... Hahaha!

RFS99

Reactions: GTI and 10ring1
Target from yesterday's Match, 6-10-2021. 250-20x. Vudoo Single Shot. Eley Black Box. Weight Sorted to 51.02 & 51.04 grain.
Last Three Targets have been 250-21x, 250-20x, 250-19x;
Our gentleman who scores the target uses a test pin to check outer edge of bullet.
Great fun shooting with the guys.
4Certain

2021 6 10 BR Target 250-20.jpg

Target from yesterday's Match, 6-10-2021. 250-20x. Vudoo Single Shot. Eley Black Box. Weight Sorted to 51.02 & 51.04 grain.
Last Three Targets have been 250-21x, 250-20x, 250-19x;
Our gentleman who scores the target uses a test pin to check outer edge of bullet.
Great fun shooting with the guys.
4Certain

View attachment 7644927

Nice shooting!

@4Certain Very nice. What rest are you using?
Thanks QH.
I am using Wally Brownlee's Target Shooting Rest Model 2400. www.targetshooting.com;
I use a Protektor Rabbit Ear bag in the rear.
But I do like Wally's Small Mini Rear Rest shown under the Vudoo Single Shot in the Pic.
4CertainM-2400 Pic 1 High.jpgM-2400 Pic 2.jpgM-2400 Pic 3 Lowered.jpg

2020-12-5 No3 V22S from Rear.jpg

Won second match in a row at Richmond rod gun club It was 100 yard nbrsa match witch you shoot 2 cards 5 bulls on each target and you shoot 5 groups 5 shots each .shooting an ir 50/50 registered match next sat at sac valley calif. Hope to do well there. The ezell tuner really brought this rifle in tune.

Last edited:
Won second match in a row at Richmond rod gun club It was 100 yard nbrsa match witch you shoot 2 cards 5 bulls on each target and you shoot 5 groups 5 shots each .shooting an ir 50/50 registered match next sat at sac valley calif. Hope to do well there. The ezell tuner really brought this rifle in tune.
Awesome news....

MB

I've shot both Eley and Lapua in my V-22S ... IMHO it's all about the lot, not so much the brand. I'm pleased with the 2021 Eley production that seems to work very well in my rifle. Again, I think you'll find that testing several lots of any brand in your rifle will result in one or more lots that perform better than others. That's the advantage of lot testing in either the Eley or Lapua test facility.

I've shot both Eley and Lapua in my V-22S ... IMHO it's all about the lot, not so much the brand. I'm pleased with the 2021 Eley production that seems to work very well in my rifle. Again, I think you'll find that testing several lots of any brand in your rifle will result in one or more lots that perform better than others. That's the advantage of lot testing in either the Eley or Lapua test facility.
I certainly agree. Lot testing is the way to go. I like do do that when I can.

On the other hand, I have had quite good luck with Eley Black Box recently. Just shooting what I could purchase.

I let a friend talk me into weight sorting. (Yes I know it makes no sense and does not work, is not worth the trouble. Weighing too many components at the same time... etc. ) But it has been helpful for me. I sort to 51. x0. x2 .x4 .x6 .x8 grains. Eley does not sort as cleanly as Lapua Midas+. But it has shot better in my three Vudoos.

I think I have gotten fewer radical fliers. It is Not perfect. Wish it was. But My last four scores have been 250-21, 250-20, 250-19, and 250-20 this past Thursday shooting the Weight Sorted Eley Black Box. My V22S seems to prefer the Eley Black Box to Midas+ and all the other ammo I have tried. Could that change? Of course. But that is what I have seen so far.
4Certain

I think tuners are as important as lot ,Spife if you had a tuner on your 52d you might have tuned every one of those lots to shoot as good as one on lower left. Funny thing I always hear 22 bench shooters out in Calif say oh I got a bad batch of 10x and I always say sell it to me .Never had 1 shooter take me up on offer.After many years shooting f/class and loading own ammo shooters would blame there powder for tanking a match and if asked to sell me there bad batch of this say varget ,no one ever sold me there bad batch of varget powder?

Last edited:
Reactions: reclaimedshot
@RAVAGE88
Good afternoon Mike.
I know you say to torque the Stock Screws of the Vudoo Repeaters to 65 Inch-Pounds.
What is the Torque Value to use for the Single Shot Vudoos? Mine is in the McMillan Kestros Stock. You all installed it and torqued it.
A fellow was suggesting what torque value it should be. Since you all Designed and Made them, I would rather have the Torque Specification that you Prescribe.
Thank you for your excellent products and kind help.
4Certain

Attachments

• 2021 6 17 Left Side Single Shot.jpg
    2021 6 17 Left Side Single Shot.jpg
    993.7 KB · Views: 184
  • 2021 6 17 Rt Side Down the lin Single Shot.jpg
    2021 6 17 Rt Side Down the lin Single Shot.jpg
    941.8 KB · Views: 191
  • 2021 6 17 Rt Side Single Shot.jpg
    2021 6 17 Rt Side Single Shot.jpg
    966.8 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
good choice on scope. never Can understand why rim fire bench rest shooters most often don't run good glass
Thanks Matt. I initially purchased it to run on a 100 yard Mini-Palma match. But I liked the Clarity and Reticle so much I left it on my V22S. I have been very pleased with the scope. The other scope I have been using is a very nice ED 10-50 Hawke, but it is Side Focus. That works well in some ways but is not nearly as sensitive as the Objective Focus of the Benchrest NightForce. And am still considering getting a second one for the Mini-Palma Match as well...
4Certain

Last edited:
@RAVAGE88
Good afternoon Mike.
I know you say to torque the Stock Screws of the Vudoo Repeaters to 65 Inch-Pounds.
What is the Torque Value to use for the Single Shot Vudoos? Mine is in the McMillan Kestros Stock. You all installed it and torqued it.
A fellow was suggesting what torque value it should be. Since you all Designed and Made them, I would rather have the Torque Specification that you Prescribe.
4Certain
4certain, the torque value is depending of many factors like bedding, stock density, etc.. it is never a definitive value. It should be between 4 and 6nm. You need to shot with a value of 4nm, then again at 4,5nm, etc, until you see the best group in the target, Of course, without tuner or mid barrel, in fact a blank barrel. 65 inch-pounds look very high value for me (>7,2nm)

4certain, the torque value is depending of many factors like bedding, stock density, etc.. it is never a definitive value. It should be between 4 and 6nm. You need to shot with a value of 4nm, then again at 4,5nm, etc, until you see the best group in the target, Of course, without tuner or mid barrel, in fact a blank barrel. 65 inch-pounds look very high value for me (>7,2nm)
Thank you, Iceman. That is what I am trying to figure out. Seems 3.4nm = 30 in-lb; 4nm = 35.4 in-lb; 4.5 nm = 40 in-lb; 5.2 nm = 45 in-lb;
For us English System folks, helps evaluate the numbers. I would like Vudoo input, just to hear their recommendation. One old time Champion Shooter has been telling me a bit about adjusting the stock screw torque to shrink groups. So I am just learning here...
4Certain

Good evening Snipershide Friends. I have a question:
Have any of you had your Vudoo V22S Single Shot Action bedded into the Stock?

I have the McMillan Kestros Stock. Would bedding help? Or Just another Exercise in Futility? with no improvement??

I am interested in your experiences with how Bedding changed your Group Sizes. Before and After Targets??
Thank you.
4Certain.

@RAVAGE88
Good afternoon Mike.
4Certain
Hey Dude,
There are three action screws in the V-22S and I typically go 45 to 48 inch pounds as long as there are at least pillars in place.

MB

Hey Dude,
There are three action screws in the V-22S and I typically go 45 to 48 inch pounds as long as there are at least pillars in place.

MB
Thank you, Mike. I have not taken my Vudoo Single Shot out of its McMillan Kestros Stock. Does the McMillan Kestros Stock have Pillars in place?
4Certain

Reactions: RAVAGE88
Mike,
I just got my 22S it has the Kestros stock. Front action screw was torqued to 65 in. lbs. there is no middle action screw, rear screw torqued to 50.
So do I need to put in the middle action screw?
Action is bedded but I don't see any pillars.
Thanks.

Mike,
I just got my 22S it has the Kestros stock. Front action screw was torqued to 65 in. lbs. there is no middle action screw, rear screw torqued to 50.
Thanks.
What "middle action screw" is everyone talking about? I have a McMillan Kestros stock and all I see are 2 action screws. Am I missing something?
BTW, I have mine torqued to 50 in lbs...

What "middle action screw" is everyone talking about? I have a McMillan Kestros stock and all I see are 2 action screws. Am I missing something?
BTW, I have mine torqued to 50 in lbs...
The Kestros only allows for front and rear action bolts, not the middle bolt.

MB

Mike,
Thanks.
Gotcha, you don't have to put the middle action bolt in, but we do use them in the BBRS and other custom Benchrest stocks. Torque front and rear 45 to 48 in the Kestros and the Pilars are bedded over in your stock.

MB

Mike,
Thanks.
Gotcha, you don't have to put the middle action bolt in, but we do use them in the BBRS and other custom Benchrest stocks. Torque front and rear 45 to 48 in the Kestros and the Pilars are bedded over in your stock.

MB

It was my understanding that all V22s"s were bedded if sent ordered with a stock from the factory. Yes or not?
Yes they are bedded. Paul Parrott reports they are bedded with Marine-Tex Epoxy colored with black dye. Marine-Tex is normally white.
It is very snug and secure.
4Certain

IMG_1675.jpgIMG_1676.jpgIMG_1687.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1689.jpg
    IMG_1689.jpg
    446.8 KB · Views: 139
In these pictures does the bedding have oil or something on it?

Is VGW using the White Marine Tex as opposed to the Grey?
Yes, my bedding had oil on it. Was it from Vudoo? or from me? I do not know. But it was fine.

After doing some additional machinists checks and measurements this morning, the Vudoo bedding is excellent. and well aligned.

Color is as per statement above.
"Paul Parrott reports they are bedded with Marine-Tex Epoxy colored with black dye. Marine-Tex is normally white."
4Certain

Marine Tex is available in both white & dark gray. They make it in white because it was originally sold as a repair for fiberglass boat hulls - hence the name "MarineTex". There have been periodic shortages of the gray product over the past several years - most notably after problems with Devcon Steel Bed's hardener going bad shortly after the container was opened, which increased the demand for MarineTex greatly. I used to use both MarineTex & Devcon, but after having an issue with the hardener in several 1lb kits of Devcon dry out and go bad, I had to stop buying the stuff.

BTW, whether that's oil or bore solvent in the photos that 4Certain posted, it should be wiped dry - though MarineTex is resistant to many oils & solvents, some products will soften the cured epoxy. At any rate, it serves no purpose to expose any of the epoxies used for rifle bedding to excess amounts of any oil or solvent.