• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo V-22S Single Shot BR/F-Class Action

If you plugged bull #3 and #25, they might be X's. Excellent target.
It is amazing how much difference such a SMALL amount makes. As they say: Close but no Banana...
I did ask for them to be plugged. He said they did not touch... Looked close enough for me.. but that is fine.
I just need to get the group tighter. If I make the middle dot go away, there is no question...

My new T-Rex Rodzilla rest comes today. I am quite interested to see if it will help me shave some distance off my 'misses'...

I did have to pull my Single Shot McMillan Kestros Stock off and send back to Vudoo to get a paint issue fixed. That may cost me a couple of weeks or so before I can get my single shot back into action... (The Vudoo folks are SO GOOD... I appreciate their work and efforts.)

Thank you.
4Certain

Good afternoon Vudoo Friends.
I said I would share my target from today's match. Huge difference from last week.
Even with the wind changing directions 180 degrees back and forth. from the Left, From the Right. And sometime in our face and others from our rear... Quite Switchy...

I went back to the Eley Match. I used the Weight Sorted 51.02/04 grains group.
Shot a 250-20x. Very close to a 22x...
For me, the ammo I use makes a Huge Difference.
4Certain

View attachment 7704515
Good results 4Certain

I'm sure that your number 3 is a fly, I did some measurements on the screen
you should know that the 22LR gauge has a cylinder of 0.1969" and a collar of 0.2205 so you go to 21 X flies.
For a shooter who says that he learns to read the wind then when he knows !!!!!
Jacques

Good results 4Certain

I'm sure that your number 3 is a fly, I did some measurements on the screen
you should know that the 22LR gauge has a cylinder of 0.1969" and a collar of 0.2205 so you go to 21 X flies.
For a shooter who says that he learns to read the wind then when he knows !!!!!
Jacques
Thank you, Jacques.

I did ask for them to be plugged. He said they did not touch... Looked close enough for me.. but that is fine.
At my club's RFBR matches, the scorers plug anything that remotely could be an X. You never have to ask for a plug because of this. Difference in philosophy I guess. I don't think I have ever heard of a refusal for a request for a plug.

At my club's RFBR matches, the scorers plug anything that remotely could be an X. You never have to ask for a plug because of this. Difference in philosophy I guess. I don't think I have ever heard of a refusal for a request for a plug.
Slo Cat, our scorer does a great job. He plugs all close ones without being asked. Sometimes on the really close ones, I have asked for a second look at times. He is very gracious and conscientious. It was close... But he did not think it touched. And that is OK with me.
Thank you.
4Certain

Reactions: Williwaw
Hello

I insist on the counting of the points and especially those which must be gauged.
As I explained in my previous note you gently place the gauge in the hole of the impact by pressing the flange on the paper and it is easy to see if the edge touches the circle of the fly or that of a number or if there is a gap, a magnifying glass can help.
However, if the gauge is balanced between the upper and lower circle we apply what we call "Shooter's Advantage".
Here is if you want I fly with my gauge...........:cool:
Jacques

Hello

I insist on the counting of the points and especially those which must be gauged.
As I explained in my previous note you gently place the gauge in the hole of the impact by pressing the flange on the paper and it is easy to see if the edge touches the circle of the fly or that of a number or if there is a gap, a magnifying glass can help.
However, if the gauge is balanced between the upper and lower circle we apply what we call "Shooter's Advantage".
Here is if you want I fly with my gauge...........:cool:
Jacques
Thank you Jacques. Can you send me a link of where to get a gauge that you approve/use?
Thank you.
4Certain

Do you want me to send you this gauge?
Good afternoon Jacques. I just ordered some of the "ARA Scoring Plugs" from Killough Shooting Sports.
I am happy to order items. These are a nice brass Plug. I am willing to purchase or acquire whatever is available to aid in careful and precise reading of the targets. I appreciate your kind offer. But I am happy to purchase them/one if I know where.
Thank you.
4Certain

4Certain
the first without magnifying glass and the second with magnifying glass
for us in France only the first one is admitted
Sincerely
jacques
Thank you Jacques. I ordered several like each yesterday. I got enough for me to have spares and to give ones to our scorer as well.
I appreciate seeing what you are using.
I always like Better Scores!! Ha!

My new Co-Axial Rest arrived on Friday. I am like a kid in a candy store. T-Rex Rodzilla is the rest.
Rod Brakhage is a prince of a fellow and a marvelous inventor and machinist. The Rest is of consummate quality. Very smooth with a wide range of motion. Very precise in its movement. F-Class John has some very good videos on the rest.
I look forward to getting to the range this week to give it a go. Hopefully it will help my scores....
Thank you for your concern and thoughts.
All the best.
4Certain

Reactions: 10ring1
If you plugged bull #3 and #25, they might be X's. Excellent target.

Thank you Jacques. I ordered several like each yesterday. I got enough for me to have spares and to give ones to our scorer as well.
I appreciate seeing what you are using.
I always like Better Scores!! Ha!

My new Co-Axial Rest arrived on Friday. I am like a kid in a candy store. T-Rex Rodzilla is the rest.
Rod Brakhage is a prince of a fellow and a marvelous inventor and machinist. The Rest is of consummate quality. Very smooth with a wide range of motion. Very precise in its movement. F-Class John has some very good videos on the rest.
I look forward to getting to the range this week to give it a go. Hopefully it will help my scores....
Thank you for your concern and thoughts.
All the best.
4Certain
Good tip, I will order the head to equip my NEO
The 4 cylinders are rotating?

Good tip, I will order the head to equip my NEO
The 4 cylinders are rotating?
Are you talking about the Four Vertical Rollers at the corners at the top? Yes they roll smoothly.

Watch the F-Class John Videos on the rest. Very interesting...

See About Us: https://therodzilla.com/about-us/

Videos done by another “F-Class John” Shooter.

Box opening: Jurassic Perfection…

Tips for handling

Getting more familiar with…

Swapping the top:

Good afternoon Jacques. I just ordered some of the "ARA Scoring Plugs" from Killough Shooting Sports.
I am happy to order items. These are a nice brass Plug. I am willing to purchase or acquire whatever is available to aid in careful and precise reading of the targets. I appreciate your kind offer. But I am happy to purchase them/one if I know where.
Thank you.
4Certain
I also recommend purchasing the following magnifier that is independent from the scoring plug but makes the shot value very clear.

https://carson.com/product/ll-77-stand-magnifier/

Scored hundreds of smallbore targets this year using the magnifier. Don't waste the money on plugs that have magnifiers mounted on the plug itself - the distortion from the cheap plastic makes them hard to read.

I also recommend purchasing the following magnifier that is independent from the scoring plug but makes the shot value very clear.

https://carson.com/product/ll-77-stand-magnifier/

Scored hundreds of smallbore targets this year using the magnifier. Don't waste the money on plugs that have magnifiers mounted on the plug itself - the distortion from the cheap plastic makes them hard to read.
With the magnifying glass you have a distortion and anyway you will always have an estimation or interpretation of the contact.
With the flange gauge it either hits or it doesn't.
jacques

With the magnifying glass you have a distortion and anyway you will always have an estimation or interpretation of the contact.
With the flange gauge it either hits or it doesn't.
jacques
I was not clear in my original post....Use of the magnifier is in conjunction WITH the scoring plug. The magnifier is high enough to insert the plug and then place the magnifier over top.

In my humble opinion, but based on my study of metrology at the current time, this device from KSS in conjunction with a 0.224" scoring plug, provides the best option and it's what we used this year at the ARA Nationals for protests.

It's nearly the same as Ken's method, but this magnifier has superb optics, more magnification, a bright light source with its self contained LED's, and the included removable engraved lens allows for very precise measurements for many other uses.

LED Lighted Magnifier (killoughshootingsports.com)

Landy

In my humble opinion, but based on my study of metrology at the current time, this device from KSS in conjunction with a 0.224" scoring plug, provides the best option and it's what we used this year at the ARA Nationals for protests.

It's nearly the same as Ken's method, but this magnifier has superb optics, more magnification, a bright light source with its self contained LED's, and the included removable engraved lens allows for very precise measurements for many other uses.

LED Lighted Magnifier (killoughshootingsports.com)

Landy
Landy
For the ASSA Nationals, we used a lighted target box as the light underneath the target works very well with the setup I described. In addition, lighting the white scoring rings from underneath also assists w/ the use of the overlays (clear plastic with the x and 10 rings printed in black) which are used to reconstruct scoring rings obliterated from multiple shots.

I will have to check out the one from your link...

-Ken

Drew does everything he can to get to the fabled 250-25X. I assure you he has done everthing possible and he routinely wins our Thursday morning "Old Farts" match. And yes, it is all a matter of Ammo, not Drew's technique or gun.

I believe Vudoo uses a proprietory modified Win 52 reamer.
I score all the rimfire targets in these matches. I can attest to everything Drew and Travelor said. IME, what really matters beyond equipment and shooter ability (Drew is far too modest re the latter) is, first, matching the ammo to the rifle and then lot testing, followed by (maybe) weight sorting. For several years I was unconvinced that the latter really had merit, but decided to give it another try since others whose opinions I respect were convinced it was worthwhile. My first tries a couple of years ago were unconvincing and I gave it up. So I recently gave it another go, and have done so for the past 2-3 matches. I'm still not totally convinced, frankly, but have seen some evidence in its favor in the form of maybe another "X" or two. Besides, I find wt. sorting to be relaxing and wonderfully mindless. I kind of enjoy it.

Regarding ammo brands, I find some rifles prefer one brand over others. My Suhl and Anschutz benchrest rifles seem to prefer Center-X over Eley Match, whereas my 40X likes Match the best. I've tried Tenex, but my results weren't any better than Match; it just cost more. Maybe more lot testing would've yielded a different outcome. For Lapua, the limited experience I have gave results that were actually worse than Center-X. Again, that may be just because I didn't try enough of the best lots. I haven't tried enough RWS R-50 to comment on it, but will say that the best 100-yd. single group I ever fired was with R-50 in my Suhl. 5 shots into about 3/16" (I've forgotten the actual measurement.). I'd like to have tried some more RWS, but the recent ammo crunch has kept me from it.

Hello to all,

The news is that finally my Vudoo arrives in France at the end of next week.

And to answer the last post for me the winning trio is the couple barrel ammunition and wind reading.

coming from shooting f/class where wind and ammo reloading is the game . I think this 22 bench rest is mostly reading the wind as all high end ammo should shoot if you adjust for different lots. a good rifle will shoot good in the end

Last edited:
Reactions: GTI
Couple of pictures of the latest Vudoo stock I've completed. Will be shipped out to the customer tomorrow.

20210926_143230.jpg

20210926_143213.jpg

Well after being a lurker on this thread and reading all of the pages, I finally decided to throw my hat in the ring and place an order for my first Vudoo rifle today; the v22s. I ordered it with the McMillan Edge BR stock, Right Bolt-Right port (round bolt knob), 26" Bartlein, 0 MOA rail, with Bix & Andy single stage trigger and the bore guide. Now to wait approximately five months and figure a way to make the wife think its been in the gun safe for years... :)

Well after being a lurker on this thread and reading all of the pages, I finally decided to throw my hat in the ring and place an order for my first Vudoo rifle today; the v22s. I ordered it with the McMillan Edge BR stock, Right Bolt-Right port (round bolt knob), 26" Bartlein, 0 MOA rail, with Bix & Andy single stage trigger and the bore guide. Now to wait approximately five months and figure a way to make the wife think its been in the gun safe for years... :)
Haha. Just say 'oh that old thing...' when she asks

Reactions: GTI and Lilsnoop
you were able to order a 26" bartlien barrel ,from vudoo? . when I ordered mine a 24" shilen was the max.

Last edited:
I was offered 2 or 3 different brands of barrels on my V22-s by VGW in an effort to get more orders filled/completed. I waited for the 24" Shilen with no regrets. I rec'd my V22-s early July, '21

Good afternoon Vudoo Fans.
I did something fun this morning.
My Single Shot Kestros Stock is on a journey back to Vudoo for a face lift... I was just shooting my Vudoo repeaters, when one of my good shooting buddies, Travelor, suggested I put my Single Shot in my MPA BA Comp Chassis... Cool idea!! So I did.

This morning I got up well before dawn and was at our range some 30 minutes before sun up. Got all set up and ready to go. Put out my Windicator. Stapled up my Practice Target.

This was my second time to use my T-Rex Rodzilla Co-Axial Rest. What a splendid piece of equipment. So smooth and precise. No it is not inexpensive. But we have covered that before: "Good is not Cheap; and Cheap is not Good".... And Rod does an absolute primo job of customer service and helping with set up and my Newby Understanding with Co-Axial Rests. I am quite excited about how well it works. I think it will be of benefit in my efforts to shoot well.

After zeroing in and letting the light come a bit. I decided to shoot a "Pretend Match". My Practice Target is just like our Match Target but with only the inside rings. All the rings showing are identical to our normal Benchrest Target.

It was great fun shooting. All was very quiet. I was the only one on this range. There was a fellow up on the 600 yard range, but I am sure he hardly knew I was there... They had talked about rain. But fortunately there was none this morning. Wind was fairly calm and a bit switchy but not too bad.

Pics of my Vudoo Single Shot in the MPA BA Chassis sitting on the T-Rex Rest are below. The Target I shot is below... 250-20x as I count it...
Thanks and I hope you all have a great day.
4Certain

2021 9 29  Single Shot in MPA Chassis Right Side.jpg2021 9 29 Practice Match Target 250-20x. Single Shot in MPA Chassis. T-Rex.jpg2021 9 29 T Rex Rodzilla Rest w-Single Shot in MPA.jpg2021 9 229 Vudoo Single Shot in MPA BA Chassis Left.jpg

Good afternoon Vudoo Fans.
I did something fun this morning.
My Single Shot Kestros Stock is on a journey back to Vudoo for a face lift... I was just shooting my Vudoo repeaters, when one of my good shooting buddies, Travelor, suggested I put my Single Shot in my MPA BA Comp Chassis... Cool idea!! So I did.

This morning I got up well before dawn and was at our range some 30 minutes before sun up. Got all set up and ready to go. Put out my Windicator. Stapled up my Practice Target.

This was my second time to use my T-Rex Rodzilla Co-Axial Rest. What a splendid piece of equipment. So smooth and precise. No it is not inexpensive. But we have covered that before: "Good is not Cheap; and Cheap is not Good".... And Rod does an absolute primo job of customer service and helping with set up and my Newby Understanding with Co-Axial Rests. I am quite excited about how well it works. I think it will be of benefit in my efforts to shoot well.

After zeroing in and letting the light come a bit. I decided to shoot a "Pretend Match". My Practice Target is just like our Match Target but with only the inside rings. All the rings showing are identical to our normal Benchrest Target.

It was great fun shooting. All was very quiet. I was the only one on this range. There was a fellow up on the 600 yard range, but I am sure he hardly knew I was there... They had talked about rain. But fortunately there was none this morning. Wind was fairly calm and a bit switchy but not too bad.

Pics of my Vudoo Single Shot in the MPA BA Chassis sitting on the T-Rex Rest are below. The Target I shot is below... 250-20x as I count it...
Thanks and I hope you all have a great day.
4Certain

View attachment 7712074View attachment 7712075View attachment 7712076View attachment 7712077
That's some good shooting. Nice work! What barrel do you have on your rifle?

RFS99

Hello to all,

4Certains of you maintain the high level, as it is beautiful to see a V22S mounted on the chassis MPA BA.
On the other hand it is still curious that the ELEY pass badly in the SHILEN, this Week end we had a competition on 6 boxes and I succeeded in making 3 to 250 x18 with TENEX a batch of 2021 which returned from the fire of the devil with a SHILEN 26"

Thanks RF Shooter.
The barrel is a 22" Shilen. It likes Eley Match. Does not always like Lapua. Inconsistent.
4Certain
My teacher always told me there was never any question that was a dumb question...I may test that here when I ask. Forgive my ignorance of eley ammo. I have always shot everything Lapua. Before I order some Eley match to try...I see some ads say Eley match, and some say Match EPS. I see this has a flat tip. My question...is Eley Match and Eley Match EPS the same? Thanks again

Thanks guys. The Eley Match Black Box that I am shooting does have their Patented 'Flat' Nose. Not really 'flat'... Sort of...
It is the Lapua that my Shilen barrel does not seem to like. Likes it some times then a bad flier.. .. BAD Flier... So that is a no go for me.
The Eley Black Box has been very consistent at 50, 100 and 200 yards in my Vudoo repeaters.

Attached is today's Match Target. 250/19x. And I have 5 and maybe 6 targets that were 1/64" away from being an X.
Shooting my V22Single Shot in the MPA BA Competition Chassis. With the F Class Bag rider front and the straight bag rider rear. See pics above, and a gun pic below.
Thank for your thoughts.
4Certain

2021-9-30 Benchrest 250-19x V22S in MPA BA Chassis.jpg2021 9 28 V22S in MPA BA Chassis.jpg

Last edited:
My teacher always told me there was never any question that was a dumb question...I may test that here when I ask. Forgive my ignorance of eley ammo. I have always shot everything Lapua. Before I order some Eley match to try...I see some ads say Eley match, and some say Match EPS. I see this has a flat tip. My question...is Eley Match and Eley Match EPS the same? Thanks again
Thanks 10Ring.
Here is the Eley website and what I shoot. I am certainly not an Eley expert. I shoot this ammo because it has worked well for me, so far, in all my Vudoo Rifles. Single Shot and Repeater Rifles.
4Certain

Last edited:
No, they are not the same. I can't speak to long range shooters, but BR shooters (50 yards) will shoot Match (not EPS). Not sure what your plans are. Ammo is mostly a crap shoot. What works best in one rifle may be terrible in another. Just because you buy one brand/type and it shoots bad doesn't mean the next lot won't shoot good. Welcome to the wonderful world of rimfire.

No, they are not the same. I can't speak to long range shooters, but BR shooters (50 yards) will shoot Match (not EPS). Not sure what your plans are. Ammo is mostly a crap shoot. What works best in one rifle may be terrible in another. Just because you buy one brand/type and it shoots bad doesn't mean the next lot won't shoot good. Welcome to the wonderful world of rimfire.
Thanks for that. Shooting mostly 50 yd bench and a local 100 br match. Lapua is just as 4certain said, a bit unpredictable in my V22S. Was going to order some different Eleys and wanted to make sure I was going the right direction

Thanks for that. Shooting mostly 50 yd bench and a local 100 br match. Lapua is just as 4certain said, a bit unpredictable in my V22S. Was going to order some different Eleys and wanted to make sure I was going the right direction
Good afternoon 10Ring. I do know that the Eley Tenex comes both in their Patented "Flat Nose" and also in a Round Nose variety. A friend has shot some excellent targets with the Tenex Flat Nose, in his V22Single Shot. I ordered some of the Flat Nose from two different Lots and a box of the Round Nose. I have not yet tested the ammo. It is a bit more expensive than the Black Box, but if it shoots well, I probably will give some a go.

I know a key for me when testing ammo, is keep everything else the same. The more I keep conditions and every thing else the same, the better I can potentially see which ammo is shooting better.
Enjoy the process and experimentation. All the best.
4Certain

Last edited:
Good afternoon 10Ring. I do know that the Eley Tenex comes both in their Patented "Flat Nose" and also in a Round Nose variety. A friend has shot some excellent targets with the Tenex Flat Nose, in his V22Single Shot. I ordered some of the Flat Nose from two different Lots and a box of the Round Nose. I have not yet tested the ammo. It is a bit more expensive than the Black Box, but if it shoots well, I probably will give some a go.

I know a key for me when testing ammo, is keep everything else the same. The more I keep conditions and every thing else the same, the better I can potentially see which ammo is shooting better.
Enjoy the process and experimentation. All the best.
4Certain
For your information, what you call a flat nose is really the EPS shape which is the standard bullet use in the Eley Tenex, and the Eley Match ( black box ) never seen or heard of an Eley Tenex ( red box ) in a round nose shape. Maybe over 15 years ago before they developed the EPS configuration.

For your information, what you call a flat nose is really the EPS shape which is the standard bullet use in the Eley Tenex, and the Eley Match ( black box ) never seen or heard of an Eley Tenex ( red box ) in a round nose shape. Maybe over 15 years ago before they developed the EPS configuration.
Eley calls their bullet, a Flat Nose. Note link above. But it is indeed their patented design. I think it is a good design.
It has worked well for me. 4Certain

Eley did make 10x in a round nose version, A friend gave me a box just last month. It was old but He didn't know how old. The box was red but different from the modern 10x box. I was surprised to see the round nose bullets.