• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo V-22S Single Shot BR/F-Class Action

This has nothing to do with cleaning but I am going to ask anyway, I have a v22s with shilen ratchet 26" barrel edge stock vudoo trigger on order. Should the barrel be sluged or not.
Good peace of mind, the perfect barrel, slugging proves the length is correct and they don't charge for it. it's a double check on what shilen did when they finished your barrel.

If you ordered it from VGW, it's my understanding that they slug the barrels to determine if there's a tight spot close to the muzzle before cutting to length. But since the Shilens are taper-lapped, the bore dia should be at or near its smallest at the muzzle...slugging the bore would confirm this, unless the 'smiths at VGW have determined it's not necessary. If you're concerned about it, call or email and ask about it.

Thanks Panther for answering my question. I really appreciate. Sometimes I feel like giving the bore a good cleaning using a good one piece rod and a bore guide, of course but for regular cleaning after a shooting session, I use the patchworm system. Simple, efficient and safe.
Gilbert
Gilbert

Just got my V22 S home from my FFL. Mounted and bore sighted my scope and took some pics. I'll soon be ordering a tuner and then some testing in my club's 100 yd. underground tunnel. Also, today got a tracking number for my Arnold one piece rest.

IMG_2312.JPG

IMG_2310.JPG

Oh contrary the bolt handle is on the correct side . And at 80 having shot all my life it took years to get manufacturers to make left bolts. I actually had a gunsmith cut the bolt on my Anshutz in the early “60 and silver solder it to the other side. That raised eyebrows when I took it to the factory in Ulm .

Reactions: fredfish
Slo cat - Your Kestros in the McWalnut molded-in pattern looks great! If VGW had had a Kestros in that color when I bought mine, I'd have snatched it right up... Hope you enjoy getting it broken-in and tuned in that indoor tunnel - what I wouldn't give to have such a facility to shoot mine in...

Just got my V22 S home from my FFL. Mounted and bore sighted my scope and took some pics. I'll soon be ordering a tuner and then some testing in my club's 100 yd. underground tunnel. Also, today got a tracking number for my Arnold one piece rest.

IMG_2312.JPG

IMG_2310.JPG
Very nice!! Still waiting. What is barrel diameter? What power scope?

This rig is for tickling steel rather than punching holes in cardboard.

Rig:
Vudoo V22S: RBLP, Shilen 20” barrel
Foundation Centurion: Vudoo action inlet, Hawkins Precision M5 DBM bottom metal intel, full ARCA rail
Hawkins Precision M5 Oberndorf bottom metal
Bix’nAndy 2-Stage TacSport Pro trigger
NF ATACR 7-35 x 56F1 with Mil-XT reticle
Spuhr SP 4001
Total Weight = 15.3lb

Support:
Cyke-Pod/PRS with Atlas BT37 Spike Feet: 1.47lb
Ulfhednar Squeeze Bag: 0.84lb

The bottom metal inlet was chosen because Foundation does not offer a true BDL bottom metal inlet.

P1010126_DxO.jpg
P1010138_DxO.jpg

If you ordered it from VGW, it's my understanding that they slug the barrels to determine if there's a tight spot close to the muzzle before cutting to length. But since the Shilens are taper-lapped, the bore dia should be at or near its smallest at the muzzle...slugging the bore would confirm this, unless the 'smiths at VGW have determined it's not necessary. If you're concerned about it, call or email and ask about it.
I recently received my BA back from VGW after they installed a Benchmark 25" barrel. The reason it's 25" is because that's where it slugged the best. I asked for a Benchmark 24" to 26". Mine slugged the best at 25" so that's what I got. I'm very pleased with the outcome!

IMG_2312.JPG

IMG_2310.JPG
Beautiful gun! I see you're a "Southpaw"! So am I. My configuration is the same as yours. I also use the SIGHTRON III 45X45!

Last edited:
I ordered mine on 9/28/21 and the quoted expected completion date was 2/28/22, but per tracking it should be received by this Thursday.

edited to add: Though I purchased mine with the bartlein barrel so that probably made it a little quicker to ship.

Muzzle is .907", Scope is Sightron SIII 45x45 Target Dot ED glass. I'll be ordering a Holeshot Tuner soon.
Rings are Burris XTR 30 mm.
Same scope as Anschulz, with lower rings and a cheater lens under lens cap. I can see bullet holes at 200yds.

That bis what I thought. Mine also has a 26 inches Bartlein. I just received it and have yet to shoot it. I shall publish pics soon.
Thanks
Gilbert

Nice looking rifle gilis2! Love your dog too... I was strongly considering that style of stock but decided to go with the Edge.

Yes Fredfish the color is molded in. I bought the rifle from a dealer here in Canada who is one of our only 2 suppliers of Vudoo stuff. He only received one complete V22S in McMillan stock and I bought it.
Cheers
Gilbert

Yes Fredfish the color is molded in. I bought the rifle from a dealer here in Canada who is one of our only 2 suppliers of Vudoo stuff. He only received one complete V22S in McMillan stock and I bought it.
Cheers
Gilbert
Lucky you!

I did a considerable amount of shooting with my V-22S before mounting a Pro-X tuner, and based on that experience, I'd say you've got a very good barrel. Looking forward to seeing how it does after you put a tuner on it....

Thanks Flatland. I am also very happy. First range session and barely beginning ammo testing and I already see good accuracy. I will most probably ask for your advises when installing a tuner.
Gilbert

My V22s with shilen ratchet 26" barrel,my do date is coming up 3/4/22. my under standing that the shilen barrels are coming in very slowly. still waiting on barrels. What would be a good secound choice barrel if I go that way.

• Haha
My V22s with shilen ratchet 26" barrel,my do date is coming up 3/4/22. my under standing that the shilen barrels are coming in very slowly. still waiting on barrels. What would be a good secound choice barrel if I go that way.
My due date was 2/18/22 on my V22S with a shilen barrel. still no vudoo or any word from vudoo on completion date

I just had my V22-S re-barreled at Vudoo with a BENCHMARK 25" 16 1/2 - 1 twist. It performed very well at it's first outing. I'm very pleased with the change. It originally had a 22" ACE

Personally, I would wait on the Shilen, I was given the option of 2 other brands to complete my V22-s, but waited it out. Glad I did.

Did you specify the 26" barrel, as most, if not all Shilens are 24" ??

If a Benchmark barrel had been available when I ordered my Vudoo, I would have chosen it over any other barrel on earth!
I requested my Benchmark at 26". They told me it slugged tightest at 25" so that's what I got. Also, I used the "Purdy Method" to set my tuner and it's been working just fine for me. I guess there are some guys on here who take this hobby/sport more serious than others and that's great. I appreciate those guys sharing their information with people like me, however I really don't think it's necessary to bad-mouth the guys that are less knowledgeable. I always thought the object behind any sport/hobby was t have fun and enjoy what you're doing. We all would like to shoot 250/25's or 2500's. We also know that's not how it works so we keep trying which is why we're all here. I think I'm at a point now that when I miss I know it's ME not the equipment (or maybe a flyer ;)) Tomorrow is another day...we'll try it again...
Just my $.02

I requested my Benchmark at 26". They told me it slugged tightest at 25" so that's what I got. Also, I used the "Purdy Method" to set my tuner and it's been working just fine for me. I guess there are some guys on here who take this hobby/sport more serious than others and that's great. I appreciate those guys sharing their information with people like me, however I really don't think it's necessary to bad-mouth the guys that are less knowledgeable. I always thought the object behind any sport/hobby was t have fun and enjoy what you're doing. We all would like to shoot 250/25's or 2500's. We also know that's not how it works so we keep trying which is why we're all here. I think I'm at a point now that when I miss I know it's ME not the equipment (or maybe a flyer ;)) Tomorrow is another day...we'll try it again...
Just my $.02
If your barrel is something like .900", it is not necessary to get a 26" or more as barrel length. Mine is shilen 24" (R0 contour) on the Vudoo and is shooting great. My other rifle is a Turbo/shilen, wich is 26" and 0.850 straigth contour, and it is also shooting great.
All this is pure harmonics/vibrations related.

If your barrel is something like .900", it is not necessary to get a 26" or more as barrel length. Mine is shilen 24" (R0 contour) on the Vudoo and is shooting great. My other rifle is a Turbo/shilen, wich is 26" and 0.850 straigth contour, and it is also shooting great.
All this is pure harmonics/vibrations related.
I guess this guy turboshooter thinks everything is funny. I guess I'm either ignorant, dumb or both cuz I don't see anything that's funny in what you said. What am I missing here...I must be too old for this kind of humor.