• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo V-22S Single Shot BR/F-Class Action

I appreciate those guys sharing their information with people like me, however I really don't think it's necessary to bad-mouth the guys that are less knowledgeable. I always thought the object behind any sport/hobby was t have fun and enjoy what you're doing.
Exactly! Seems like many in this hobby like to eat their young. But there are many that are willing to give the advice. What is most rewarding in all of this? Winning against the ones that like to eat their young

Reactions: fredfish and JKW70
I am new at this benchrest stuff and I am a little old man, looking for somthing to do with the grandson, and this the frist gun I have ordered. so all you guys have helped me alot THANK YOU THANK YOU ps I sill need avice
No problem, everyone had to start out "green" as well, most RFBR guys will help in anyway possible. If you plan on participating in local matches, go early and ask questions, people will be glad to offer suggestions, tips, etc.

Reactions: fredfish and GTI
My due date was 2/18/22 on my V22S with a shilen barrel. still no vudoo or any word from vudoo on completion date
Mine was due 1/14/22. I guess they finally have stock, maybe a couple weeks with Benchmark barrel.I really hope so!!!???

I requested my Benchmark at 26". They told me it slugged tightest at 25" so that's what I got. Also, I used the "Purdy Method" to set my tuner and it's been working just fine for me. I guess there are some guys on here who take this hobby/sport more serious than others and that's great. I appreciate those guys sharing their information with people like me, however I really don't think it's necessary to bad-mouth the guys that are less knowledgeable. I always thought the object behind any sport/hobby was t have fun and enjoy what you're doing. We all would like to shoot 250/25's or 2500's. We also know that's not how it works so we keep trying which is why we're all here. I think I'm at a point now that when I miss I know it's ME not the equipment (or maybe a flyer ;)) Tomorrow is another day...we'll try it again...
Just my $.02
I got my Tuner from ABRA.Give them, barrel length and muzzle diameter and they will set for you using Purdy Method within 1/2 turn either direction-- saves a lot of ammo.I did CZ with it.Still waiting for Vudoo.I just got in BR maybe 2 years ago, now its a sickness!!! Very good sickness.

Reactions: GTI and JimTN
I got my Tuner from ABRA.Give them, barrel length and muzzle diameter and they will set for you using Purdy Method within 1/2 turn either direction-- saves a lot of ammo.I did CZ with it.Still waiting for Vudoo.I just got in BR maybe 2 years ago, now its a sickness!!! Very good sickness.
You'll be happy with the BENCHMARK! I used Ctr-X when I set my tuner. Waiting for the weather to break to try it with SK Std+

Reactions: Rimfireshooter99
Hello shooters,

News from the V22S N° 100:

Currently I continue the break-in with the tuner setting or I had found the best grouping (the tuner weighs 0.77lb) is 4 rounds of 24 graduations. I am at 700 shots fired there is improvement but many 10 edge and a low rate of flies
.But still 3 cards at 250 working seriously....

Otherwise no problem of percussion (the sin of youth seems passed) and I wait for the delivery of a set of extractors which has just left los angeles towards France because I always have this problem of ejection.
this afternoon I tested two new batches of M+ 330 and 329 m/s a little high speed to attack in the wind, when the wind strength decreased it went in correctly.
Good shooting and training to all.
Jacques

Hello

I got the wrong number, it's 87 and not 100!

Yes, we need a little linguistic diversity in the exchanges (but to be honest I use a translator)
it is to avoid you to make heat your brain to translate the French !!!! ah ah ah!!!! it is not for you Gilbert
come on, it's all for fun.

On my Vudoo 22s it's a 24" .900 Shilen ratchet barrel
jacques

Reactions: fredfish
Here is the results of shooting Eley Match in my Holeshot tuner, in the 100 yard underground tube at my club, using the Hopewell method.
IMG_2321(1).JPG

And this is the shooting tube, an eight foot culvert with two shooting positions.
IMG_2323.JPG

Just got a new scope for this bad boy:
IMG_2342.JPG

IMG_2340.JPG

Last edited:
You'll be happy with the BENCHMARK! I used Ctr-X when I set my tuner. Waiting for the weather to break to try it with SK Std+
SK worked good at 50 but not 100 with CZ and others. Will Vudoo be different ?( Never know until you try). Thanks for thought .

Here is the results of shooting Eley Match in my Holeshot tuner, in the 100 yard underground tube at my club, using the Hopewell method.
IMG_2321(1).JPG

And this is the shooting tube, an eight foot culvert with three shooting positions.
View attachment 7816125
IMG_2321(1).JPG

And this is the shooting tube, an eight foot culvert with three shooting positions.
View attachment 7816125
Damn good at 100. Stick with 125 tuner

Reactions: Slo cat
I think am over thinking this barrel stuff but I have never had a gun that cost this much, frist one that said how many of you guys have benchrest rifles that are button rifled how did they shoot. vudoo offers bartlein cut rifleing and benchmark buttom rifleing what do you prefer

IMG_2321(1).JPG

View attachment 7816125
Is tunnel on a waiting list, do you pay more or part of membership? A lot of people would be happy with .234 at 50yds again good shooting.

I think am over thinking this barrel stuff but I have never had a gun that cost this much, frist one that said how many of you guys have benchrest rifles that are button rifled how did they shoot. vudoo offers bartlein cut rifleing and benchmark buttom rifleing what do you prefer
Serious benchrest shooters use button rifled barrels only. Keyword "serious" .

Reactions: GTI
Is tunnel on a waiting list, do you pay more or part of membership? A lot of people would be happy with .234 at 50yds again good shooting.
Thanks. I can't wait till the Colorado outdoor match season starts to see how my V22S does against some tough unlimited class competition. The tunnel is open to all club members (but you have to first take a tube qualification class). http://www.cherrycreekgunclub.org/rifle-range/
1646006221746.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks. I can't wait till the Colorado outdoor match season starts to see how my V22S does against some tough unlimited class competition. The tunnel is open to all club members (but you have to first take a tube qualification class). http://www.cherrycreekgunclub.org/rifle-range/
View attachment 7817142
I was going to ask about tunnel test. My clubs indoor pistol range had to install steel ceiling deflectors cuse they were hitting ceiling, floors and wall,WHY? The outdoor rifle range not much better. Now I see closeup of stock I like it much better!

I am new at this benchrest stuff and I am a little old man, looking for somthing to do with the grandson, and this the frist gun I have ordered. so all you guys have helped me alot THANK YOU THANK YOU ps I sill need avice
Go on line-read everything you can but not from one source. What scope are you getting, what MOA is going on rifle? One piece or two piece rest? Have you heard of heavy sand? Can you afford $1800 for a case of ammo? What ammo are you buying?What distance are you planning on shooting? LOTS of questions!
Fred

Reactions: Rimfireshooter99
A one piece rest made by Cliff Arnold, 765-491-3932, [email protected] BTW, Arnold also shoots a Vudoo V22S in benchrest competition.
Slo cat, thanks for the contact info. I met Cliff at a few matches last year, and I will contact him about a new rest for this year. Did you get the delrin top or the fuzzy bottom top?

RFS99

Yep. So glad I did

Attachments

• 504FF747-70A7-4A29-8AB3-D43E87B5B7CF.jpeg
    504FF747-70A7-4A29-8AB3-D43E87B5B7CF.jpeg
    396.9 KB · Views: 162
My apologies
I could blame sending the wrong picture on the wind,old age or it being dark in the “rabbit hole “because of sending the pictures with the Arnold on piece rest instead on the T Rex
By the sway they are both outstanding
DRACO

Attachments

• AE7FEDE8-B901-4339-BA20-6420F44F7D65.jpeg
    AE7FEDE8-B901-4339-BA20-6420F44F7D65.jpeg
    531.5 KB · Views: 109
Reactions: GTI
Arm’s these measurements c/c ditances? I read some where Lapua’s best was a 10+ c/c.
Stephen T, these are edge to edge, in mm. That's how the Lapua Test Center reports show the data. To get inches ctc, convert from mm to inches, then subtract .223.

Jon Mc. New Custom made Vudoo V22S stock.
To answer your question about the torque screws, install all 3 screws, lightly snug( I mean just finger tight ) after that torque the center screw first to 38 inch pounds, it should not rotate over 3 degrees. Then the front and the rear tag last. If you have a bedding problem, you will more than likely see it in the last tag screw, it may rotate more than 3 degrees, if so you may or may not have a bedding problem. this is where I would start. You can see in the last photo that there is only about .070" aluminum bedding material in the center of the stock, we want as much of the noise to be absorbed in the wood with out creating resonance. Although we put a recoil lug in the Vudoo stocks for more than obvious reasons, it's really not necessary, I locate the action on the angle of the flat screws that are torqued in place. My old rifle has no recoil lug of any type.

Hope this helps!!

Ivanhoe

Does anyone have experience in the accuracy difference using a Seb Neo with a competition rear bag on a bench versus a one-piece mechanical rest? Probably no one has ever done such a test but who knows. For long range 22LR shooting on a bench I would like the most stable rest possible. I have the Seb Neo and competition bag from F-class shooting. Probably having a good spotter and using a bipod and squeeze rear bag is better than any rest without a spotter but I do not have one. Or, heaven forbid, using a barrel tuner for long range shooting.

Many thanks for any intel.

Although a rear squeeze bag can be shot accurately, one has to have a very consistent technique in using it. A better choice when shooting from a bench would be a heavy rear rest with ears. You don't have to squeeze this type of rest, just set your rifle in it and adjust to the target using your Seb Neo.

Last edited:
Reactions: rick137
Does anyone have experience in the accuracy difference using a Seb Neo with a competition rear bag on a bench versus a one-piece mechanical rest? Probably no one has ever done such a test but who knows. For long range 22LR shooting on a bench I would like the most stable rest possible. I have the Seb Neo and competition bag from F-class shooting. Probably having a good spotter and using a bipod and squeeze rear bag is better than any rest without a spotter but I do not have one. Or, heaven forbid, using a barrel tuner for long range shooting.

rick137, I don't have experience with the Seb Neo rest, so I can't help you there. I do have experience shooting off a rear bag with a front rest, and shooting off a one-piece rest. Both can be shot accurately, but the one piece rest eliminates one variable, the rear bag, in my opinion. The rifle stays in alignment being on a one piece, and there is no binding at the rear as you change your POA on the target frame. Also, it eliminates the potential for variation since you're not shooting off a bag with sand inside. This (for me) allows a shooter to focus on the target, the wind flags, to make the best possible shot they can, given the conditions. Again, just my experience, so other may want to chime in as well.

RFS99

I have both Seb Neo and a Pappas one piece. There is no difference in accuracy between the two but the Pappas holds point of aim from shot to shot much better. I need to add that this is shooting free recoil with a 2oz trigger. Both need to be set up properly for your stock configuration.

Thanks to all for the intel. How important is weight for a one-piece rest? More specifically would a 20lb one piece rest be sufficient. I say this because my back complains for anything over 20lb.

Thanks to all for the intel. How important is weight for a one-piece rest? More specifically would a 20lb one piece rest be sufficient. I say this because my back complains for anything over 20lb.
rick137, here's a link to check out from Killough Shooting Sports. I have this rest, and have used it for last season of ARA matches. I recently picked up another rest, so if you have any interest (PM me if you do), I will give you a good price for it. It's 23 lbs, so it's a light version of a one-piece. Many of the others are much heavier, as you mentioned.

RFS99

Reactions: Fuckmikebush
fredfish, This is why I have all that ammo. When the VUDOO WOMAN says I want to shoot she wants to shoot
@DRACO

Is the rest in the photo an Arnold? And can you get a roller top from Arnold or does the roller top apply to the T-Rex?

Rick