• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo V-22S Single Shot BR/F-Class Action

My Vudoo finally made it home. V22S McMillan edge, Shilen Barrel, Bix-N-Andy competition trigger. Hope she shots as good as she looks View attachment 7827856
I am new to this forum, and new ,just getting started in .22 benchrest . I’m having a single shot bench gun put together by Vudoo . Could you guys tell me what is the preferred crown you guys put on your barrels?? Flat crown or 11° ???

Now to see if the trip to the Testing Center was correct.
DRACO

Attachments

• 77D73E2E-8D61-432A-BC6A-E82A08F94745.jpeg
    77D73E2E-8D61-432A-BC6A-E82A08F94745.jpeg
    382.6 KB · Views: 139
All the same lot. It was shot off the VUDOO fixture and the second round was a flier that was removed from the group
Thank you for sharing, these are fantastic groups! . what barrel do you have on your vudoo?
just curious if you shot that again and what was the size of the 2nd group from the same lot, as they normally would shoot a good lot twice at least.

Thank you for sharing, these are fantastic groups! . what barrel do you have on your vudoo?
just curious if you shot that again and what was the size of the 2nd group from the same lot, as they normally would shoot a good lot twice at least.
I still have to get the tuner set and torque tuned but for a windy day I’m happy 😃

Attachments

• 0783FEC6-9634-430D-91C4-F2BE80F1F080.jpeg
    0783FEC6-9634-430D-91C4-F2BE80F1F080.jpeg
    402.4 KB · Views: 141
I guess this guy turboshooter thinks everything is funny. I guess I'm either ignorant, dumb or both cuz I don't see anything that's funny in what you said. What am I missing here...I must be too old for this kind of humor.
Yep, he likes to laugh at a lot, but this should give the rest of us a lot to laugh about:

profile_default.png

profilescoreshofphotos

Profile​

Competitor ID 1877SW
First NameSam
Last NameWells
Sr. or Jr.Senior
Date of Birth01/18/1977
Season: 2023 2022 2021A 2021 2020 2019 2018 2017 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012

2022 Combined Ranking Eligibility​

Unlimited Tournaments0
x_mark.jpg
Must have at least 1
Unlimited Targets5
x_mark.jpg
Must have at least 20
Factory Tournaments0
x_mark.jpg
Must have at least 1
Factory Targets0
x_mark.jpg
Must have at least 20

Sam Wells' Scores
View Profile
Season: 2023 2022 2021A 2021 2020 2019 2018 2017 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012​

Watch this competitor​

Get notified any time new match results are uploaded for Sam Wells.

You're watching this competitor
Stop watching this competitor

2022 Unlimited Indoor​

DateClubPlaceTgt
Tgt
Tgt
Tgt
Tgt
Tgt
Tgt
Tgt
TotalAgg.Pts.Agg. + Pts.
02/26/22
Rocky River Barn INDOOR132250-10X1395-4X2150-11X2400-12X2350-17X10545-54X2109.00-54X252134.00-54X

2022 Unlimited Outdoor​

DateClubPlaceTgt
Tgt
Tgt
Tgt
Tgt
Tgt
Tgt
Tgt
TotalAgg.Pts.Agg. + Pts.
03/19/22
Buccaneer Gun Club11800-5X2025-8X1850-10X1925-9X2200-14X9800-46X1960.00-46X251985.00-46X

MB

Did the shilen barrel add more time to the 5 month build time or completion ?
It added about 3 months delay to my build, but I ordered late 2020, with a projected delivery date of 4/1/21, delivered to LGS early July, '21. Vudoo had issues with receiving Flavio triggers and Shilen barrels due to covid 19 issues. I was offered other brands of barrels to complete my build, but I waited on the Shilen. No regrets.

It added about 3 months delay to my build, but I ordered late 2020, with a projected delivery date of 4/1/21, delivered to LGS early July, '21. Vudoo had issues with receiving Flavio triggers and Shilen barrels due to covid 19 issues. I was offered other brands of barrels to complete my build, but I waited on the Shilen. No regrets.
JimTN, is this the 24" shilen ratched R0? does it work fine for you, and did you got other barrels in your shooter's life?

JimTN, is this the 24" shilen ratched R0? does it work fine for you, and did you got other barrels in your shooter's life?
Yes, I ordered/received the Shilen 24" R0 rachet barrel, very pleased with overall performance and accuracy of the rifle. A friend/match competitior also has same rifle except for bolt/action configuration. We are competitive with each other, and in our local matches depending on who is reading the wind better that particular day.

Yes, I ordered/received the Shilen 24" R0 rachet barrel, very pleased with overall performance and accuracy of the rifle. A friend/match competitior also has same rifle except for bolt/action configuration. We are competitive with each other, and in our local matches depending on who is reading the wind better that particular day.
Mine originally came with an ACE 22" barrel. I didn't want to wait for the Schilen. VGW I just recently replaced my ACE with a Benchmark 25" 16 1/2 twist Benchmark barrel (originally wanted 26" but was told it slugged the best at 25"). The first two cards I shot for score were 250-20X and 250-23X (factory side of the card. Eyes are bad but I figure an "X" is an "X"). These were shot after tuning and about 150 to 200 rounds through it. I couldn't be happier with the change.

Mine originally came with an ACE 22" barrel. I didn't want to wait for the Schilen. VGW I just recently replaced my ACE with a Benchmark 25" 16 1/2 twist Benchmark barrel (originally wanted 26" but was told it slugged the best at 25"). The first two cards I shot for score were 250-20X and 250-23X (factory side of the card. Eyes are bad but I figure an "X" is an "X"). These were shot after tuning and about 150 to 200 rounds through it. I couldn't be happier with the change.
What ammo does your rifle prefer???

Rifle has been to range twice with about with about 300 rds. nothing to right home about.Windy Sun. so I used vise. Back and forth with a little lube 250-300 times just kinda working bolt. Didn't seem to work much ,still very bindy. Bolt handle and loading port different side would that matter?
Fred

Rifle has been to range twice with about with about 300 rds. nothing to right home about.Windy Sun. so I used vise. Back and forth with a little lube 250-300 times just kinda working bolt. Didn't seem to work much ,still very bindy. Bolt handle and loading port different side would that matter?
Fred
You mean you jammed the rifle in a vice and operated the moving bolt 300 times?

Fred
My rifle is LBRP (left bolt-right port). I don't think that makes any difference whatsoever...

Reactions: fredfish
fredfish, When you mentioned that 'it came with a light coat of oil', it reminded me of a something that Mike Bush mentioned a year or more ago about how the actions are shipped with some kind of preservative oil or coating that prevents any corrosion, but isn't intended to lubricate anything. He suggested that the owner should remove that oil with solvent, and replace it with your choice of bolt lube. Anyway, I think that was Mike's statement - might've been Paul at VGW, and no, I don't recall where I read it. But since there's more information concerning the Vudoo 22RF actions here on the Hide than anywhere else I'm aware of, it was probably right here that I read it. I've used Tru-Kote Bolt Magic & Benchrite Super Bolt Lube on several BAT 3L & 3LL stainless actions for years - the bolts & actions are both SS, and they tend to bind a little, and both these products ease that binding considerably (still wish I'd have listened to German Salazar's advice and ordered these actions with chrome moly steel instead of SS). IIRC, I bought both products back before Sinclair was bought out by Brownells. These oils are very low viscosity, and it only takes a small dab of it applied to a finger and then rubbed onto the bolt body.

Sorry--plastic gun vise. About 300 to see if reduces binding, but No.
Have you tried removing your bolt and cleaning inside the action ? Bore tech makes a tool for this but only on centerfire . A toothbrush wrapped with patches is the best I can find for cleaning rimfire actions.

Last edited:
Reactions: GTI and ccollier
I am number 1 on the unlimited list on ir 50/50 shooting my vudoo. . great gun finished 16 on list last year but hope make top 10 this year.

Hey Sean, post of the pics of your five shot group after you got your rifle back from Ivan….please.

MB

fredfish, When you mentioned that 'it came with a light coat of oil', it reminded me of a something that Mike Bush mentioned a year or more ago about how the actions are shipped with some kind of preservative oil or coating that prevents any corrosion, but isn't intended to lubricate anything. He suggested that the owner should remove that oil with solvent, and replace it with your choice of bolt lube. Anyway, I think that was Mike's statement - might've been Paul at VGW, and no, I don't recall where I read it. But since there's more information concerning the Vudoo 22RF actions here on the Hide than anywhere else I'm aware of, it was probably right here that I read it. I've used Tru-Kote Bolt Magic & Benchrite Super Bolt Lube on several BAT 3L & 3LL stainless actions for years - the bolts & actions are both SS, and they tend to bind a little, and both these products ease that binding considerably (still wish I'd have listened to German Salazar's advice and ordered these actions with chrome moly steel instead of SS). IIRC, I bought both products back before Sinclair was bought out by Brownells. These oils are very low viscosity, and it only takes a small dab of it applied to a finger and then rubbed onto the bolt body.
If it should be removed it should be in owners manual, that I didn't get. Just trigger + spring weights no -Thanks for buying Vudoo etc. I know theres a lot of stuff online and thanks for that. I watched Mike Bush 3 times taking bolt apart, cause I really messed up ( now have bolt tool ). I've been told never to put bolt away cocked so I turned front piece like I do with CZ and Annie and it popped into recess now I can uncock with no problems. Shot today at 100yd with Center X and Midas didn't do bad. Looking around I saw empty target at 200yd. I put 20 MOA, little high once I got it straight I didn't do bad.I cleaned action with old T and toothbrush, a little oil after. Lite grease on bolt. I'm really trying, still binds. A lot of empties are getting caught in loading chamber I think because of binding pulling back?IMG_2205.jpgFred--sorry
IMG_2205.jpg
IMG_2205.jpg

If it should be removed it should be in owners manual, that I didn't get. Just trigger + spring weights no -Thanks for buying Vudoo etc. I know theres a lot of stuff online and thanks for that. I watched Mike Bush 3 times taking bolt apart, cause I really messed up ( now have bolt tool ). I've been told never to put bolt away cocked so I turned front piece like I do with CZ and Annie and it popped into recess now I can uncock with no problems. Shot today at 100yd with Center X and Midas didn't do bad. Looking around I saw empty target at 200yd. I put 20 MOA, little high once I got it straight I didn't do bad.I cleaned action with old T and toothbrush, a little oil after. Lite grease on bolt. I'm really trying, still binds. A lot of empties are getting caught in loading chamber I think because of binding pulling back?View attachment 7842183Fred--sorryView attachment 7842183View attachment 7842183
Just a suggestion but try tunning the bolt with a little bit more "authority" both ways, when loading a round and ejecting. If I "baby" the bolt when moving it, mine will leave the spent case laying on the ramp. You don't need to slam the bolt, just experiment with the speed of opening and closing the bolt.

Reactions: GTI
If it should be removed it should be in owners manual, that I didn't get. Just trigger + spring weights no -Thanks for buying Vudoo etc. I know theres a lot of stuff online and thanks for that. I watched Mike Bush 3 times taking bolt apart, cause I really messed up ( now have bolt tool ). I've been told never to put bolt away cocked so I turned front piece like I do with CZ and Annie and it popped into recess now I can uncock with no problems. Shot today at 100yd with Center X and Midas didn't do bad. Looking around I saw empty target at 200yd. I put 20 MOA, little high once I got it straight I didn't do bad.I cleaned action with old T and toothbrush, a little oil after. Lite grease on bolt. I'm really trying, still binds. A lot of empties are getting caught in loading chamber I think because of binding pulling back?View attachment 7842183Fred--sorryView attachment 7842183View attachment 7842183
Easy to decock. Hold the trigger back and slowly close the bolt.

Even easier to decock by closing bolt and just pulling trigger. You can dry fire a Vudoo without a problem.

Also agree with above. Work the bolt like a centerfire. You won't break anything.

Just a suggestion but try tunning the bolt with a little bit more "authority" both ways, when loading a round and ejecting. If I "baby" the bolt when moving it, mine will leave the spent case laying on the ramp. You don't need to slam the bolt, just experiment with the speed of opening and closing the bolt.
I've tried that but that binding or sticking? It might go good for maybe 10 shots then 2 get left keeps going on. I'm getting used to it--but.

Reactions: Papa Mike
Even easier to decock by closing bolt and just pulling trigger. You can dry fire a Vudoo without a problem.

Also agree with above. Work the bolt like a centerfire. You won't break anything.
That means the bolt has to stay in rifle. The folding case that it came with I don't think will close. My CZ had a wider case and I snapped the bolt handle at the knob. I bought the stand up with one handle at top it won't fit with bolt installed ( maybe with a little fignalling ). easier to take bolt out like other rifles.

That means the bolt has to stay in rifle. The folding case that it came with I don't think will close. My CZ had a wider case and I snapped the bolt handle at the knob. I bought the stand up with one handle at top it won't fit with bolt installed ( maybe with a little fignalling ). easier to take bolt out like other rifles.

So then you just take the bolt out. You don't have to do anything to it if you take it out and put it in a case. You are way overthinking this. It won't hurt anything.

Reactions: fredfish and GTI
I have the same issues that you have been describing
View attachment 7842087
Not sure if this is the first five shot group out of Sean's rifle after getting it back from Ivan Wells, but Sean can fill us in on the details.

MB
Ravage 88
More questions. How much torque, barreled action to stock, to use on the center Phillips head screw? Have you and Ivan figured out how to overcome the FTF and case head penetration problems? Have you ever had any of these problems?

Ravage 88
More questions. How much torque, barreled action to stock, to use on the center Phillips head screw? Have you and Ivan figured out how to overcome the FTF and case head penetration problems? Have you ever had any of these problems?
60 inch torque on vudoo action screws . There is a front and rear action screw ( no center action screw ) I have never seen a Phillips head screw on any gun . Hope this helps .

Last edited:
Reactions: fredfish and GTI
Mike
My v22s has one in the front trigger guard.
Hi Stephen T,
I'm sensing that there might be something contrary to ordinary with your Phillips head action screw/bolt and one might be hesitant to torque that screw/bolt to 60-inch pounds. You might consider sending a pic of it and the members here might be able to suggest further information. Good luck.
UncleDunk