• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo V-22S Single Shot BR/F-Class Action

Hi Stephen T,
I'm sensing that there might be something contrary to ordinary with your Phillips head action screw/bolt and one might be hesitant to torque that screw/bolt to 60-inch pounds. You might consider sending a pic of it and the members here might be able to suggest further information. Good luck.
UncleDunk
Actually, there are 3 1/4-28NF holes in the action, if you use a PRO-X trigger guard, the front hole will line up with the middle threaded hole in the action, and then you should use all 3 action screws, and torque them equally.
Depending on what brand of stock, and if a Rem. ADL trigger guard is used, the front screw on the guard will not lined up with the middle action hole, and then a wood screw will be used for the front hole of the trigger guard.
So if you do have a Phillips head screw, it is not connected to the action, so don't torque it, hand tight is good enough
Hi Stephen T,
I'm sensing that there might be something contrary to ordinary with your Phillips head action screw/bolt and one might be hesitant to torque that screw/bolt to 60-inch pounds. You might consider sending a pic of it and the members here might be able to suggest further information. Good luck.
UncleDunk

Actually, there are 3 1/4-28NF holes in the action, if you use a PRO-X trigger guard, the front hole will line up with the middle threaded hole in the action, and then you should use all 3 action screws, and torque them equally.
Depending on what brand of stock, and if a Rem. ADL trigger guard is used, the front screw on the guard will not lined up with the middle action hole, and then a wood screw will be used for the front hole of the trigger guard.
So if you do have a Phillips head screw, it is not connected to the action, so don't torque it, hand tight is good enough
OK. So what is the sequence to tighten the two action bolts? Front first or rear first? Ivan suggests using 38”/#, (for 3 action bolts) with center first then front with rear bolt last. Have you seen his comments about tightening action bolts?

OK. So what is the sequence to tighten the two action bolts? Front first or rear first? Ivan suggests using 38”/#, (for 3 action bolts) with center first then front with rear bolt last. Have you seen his comments about tightening action bolts?
Yes I have seen Ivan suggestion, and I agreed with it, and that will work fine with the laminated stocks made by BBRS ( Jamie ) the inletting is made for the 3 actions screws, and as I mention before, it will work fine with the PRO-X trigger guard.
If the stock is a different brand, chances are that it will be inletted to be used with a Rem. ADL trigger guard where the front hole will not align with the middle action hole.
The sequence for your set up is to tighten the front screw first, and then the rear one. As far as torque required it depends on whether you have full pillars, and bedded or just bedded.
If you are using a chassis stock, I will refrain to comment on it, since this action was designed mainly for benchrest competition with a proper benchrest stock.
Evelio.

Reactions: Papa Mike
Yes I have seen Ivan suggestion, and I agreed with it, and that will work fine with the laminated stocks made by BBRS ( Jamie ) the inletting is made for the 3 actions screws, and as I mention before, it will work fine with the PRO-X trigger guard.
If the stock is a different brand, chances are that it will be inletted to be used with a Rem. ADL trigger guard where the front hole will not align with the middle action hole.
The sequence for your set up is to tighten the front screw first, and then the rear one. As far as torque required it depends on whether you have full pillars, and bedded or just bedded.
If you are using a chassis stock, I will refrain to comment on it, since this action was designed mainly for benchrest competition with a proper benchrest stock.
Evelio.
Yes have a two action screw Randy Owens Rolex pillered and glass bedded stock. Will the 38”/# still work or should I go to 48”/#?

Yes have a two action screw Randy Owens Rolex pillered and glass bedded stock. Will the 38”/# still work or should I go to 48”/#?
38# is sufficient. As Evelio said, the center screw is only holding the front of the ADL trigger guard. Do not over a torque it. (BTW, it is not a wood screw, it's a machine screw using a threaded insert in the stock]

Hello Folks, here is my new vudoo, prepared by LB Precision in France.

pulse-image-1650358393393.jpg

And the first trial target !!

pulse-image-1650358406122.jpg

I will participate to the french national championship, potentially qualifications to the world championship RIMFIRE Benchrest.

Nice looking piece of wood. Close up of tuner? Please. Nice target!
Here is the details of tuner/bloop/deresonator attached
The bloop is in carbon.
Total weight is 430g
The action is full/heavy bleech, total weight is 6.345kgs (WBSF max is 6.350kgs )

My gunsmith is Luc BROUQUIER in France (www.lbprecision.fr)
My other rifle is a stiller/muller 4MI prepared by richard GORHAM, shooting awesome

IMG20220422154935.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: fredfish
Here is the details of tuner/bloop/deresonator attached
The bloop is in carbon.
Total weight is 430g
The action is full/heavy bleech, total weight is 6.345kgs (WBSF max is 6.350kgs )

My gunsmith is Luc BROUQUIER in France (www.lbprecision.fr)
My other rifle is a stiller/muller 4MI prepared by richard GORHAM, shooting awesome

View attachment 7854656
I thought that was a limb saver, my favorite tuner.

Could you please explain your process for determining the optimum setting/position/length for those devices.

Thank you ICEMAN
Hi williwaw,
First you have to setup the screws of the action, in NM, to see the best clamping (without tuner, nothin)
After, you setup the deresonator, in moving cm/cm in check the best group. The best group is every 3 cm, this is the amplitude/harmonics
same for the tuner with the bloop, you start from 0 and go from 1 to 5 position with the best group and you are in for the global setup.
Tuner, bloop, stock, deresonator, every thing is setup and sold by the gunsmith Luc Brouquier using the best ammos (Xact or Tenex)
Then you shoot on a target and you have the trial target i displayed.
Easy no?

Last edited:
One out here in calif IR 50 /50 out draws ara by long shot . Our match at diablo had 16 shooters. Most ara matches out here are not unlimited and draw small numbers

I did yesterday. Have some ammo that works with the barrel. Still working through ignition issues. Not agging 2000 on an ARA target.

Matt

Don't throw awayLapua is certainly a lot that doesn't fit the barrel.
In my shilen I only shoot M+ 1 lot is wonderful.
Jacques

Mine originally came with an ACE 22" barrel. I didn't want to wait for the Schilen. VGW I just recently replaced my ACE with a Benchmark 25" 16 1/2 twist Benchmark barrel (originally wanted 26" but was told it slugged the best at 25"). The first two cards I shot for score were 250-20X and 250-23X (factory side of the card. Eyes are bad but I figure an "X" is an "X"). These were shot after tuning and about 150 to 200 rounds through it. I couldn't be happier with the change.
Bill
I'm looking into a benchmark for how many groves yours is
jacques

Jacques,
My barrel is a 3 groove 25" 16 1/2 twist
Bill
I look on equipment list of PSL there is a shooter Clifford Arnold with a vudoo and barrel benchmark is it you?

This barrel benchmark how do you find it shooting and in the wind? different from the shilen?
I would like to have the possibility to buy a Muller but it seems difficult

Bill
I look on equipment list of PSL there is a shooter Clifford Arnold with a vudoo and barrel benchmark is it you?

This barrel benchmark how do you find it shooting and in the wind? different from the shilen?
I would like to have the possibility to buy a Muller but it seems difficult
Riberac

No, it isn't me.

The only barrels I can compare it to are the 22" ACE that originally came with the gun and my old 40X that I sold to be able to afford the Vudoo. The Benchmark out shoots them both. One of my shooting buddy's has a Shilen 22" on his Vudoo and he says it shoots great. I would put my Benchmark up against his Shilen any day but that's really not fair because I've been at this a lot longer than he has and our shooting styles are different. I shoot "free recoil", he does not. I do think it's fair to say when you've reached a point where one can afford some of the best equipment available and have a good idea as to what you're doing, it becomes a matter of who's behind the trigger.

THE WIND!? All I can say about that is I learn something every time I'm out. I would rather shoot in the wind than have it calm. I live West of Chicago where the wind blows 10 to 20 mph on any given day and is "switchy". I wouldn't know what to do if it was calm (lol). My best card (250-23X) was shot in a 15/20mph wind so yes, I guess if you do your job the Benchmark (and ammo) will do theirs...
(my $.02)

GTI good thing about were you shoot is everyone else at your matches shoots in same conditions.Shooting a great card means nothing unless others shoot in same conditions ,that what counts for score

Reactions: fredfish and GTI
Jacques,
My barrel is a 3 groove 25" 16 1/2 twist
My benchmark is 24", 3 grove, 16 1/2 twist. What tuner and what setting are you using. I don't write things down right, I confuse myself. I'm trying to shoot Lapua.
Fred

My benchmark is 24", 3 grove, 16 1/2 twist. What tuner and what setting are you using. I don't write things down right, I confuse myself. I'm trying to shoot Lapua.
Fred
Fred,
I'm almost positive that my Harrell's tuner is set at 342. I'll check in the morning when I hit the range. The setting was arrived at using the "Purdy Prescription". I haven't had to change it regardless of what ammo I'm shooting (Ctr-X, SK Std+ or RWS Rifle Match). I just ordered an SPF Pro-X tuner from CST. Can't wait to try it!

Our local club has a 100yd outdoor bench match every other month. 2 targets, 10 shots on each. X ring is 1". Perfect score 200-20x which as far as I understand has never been achieved. Finally got the V22S tuned and gave it a go. 2 rounds of 200-19x. The two high 1&2 o'clock shots occured on the last round when it started to heavily rain. Other than those two, the overall vertical is around 3/4 moa...

Attachments

• 20220502_071144.jpg
    20220502_071144.jpg
    607.8 KB · Views: 60
  • 20220502_071149.jpg
    20220502_071149.jpg
    669.9 KB · Views: 56
  • 20220502_071153.jpg
    20220502_071153.jpg
    649 KB · Views: 57
  • 20220502_071158.jpg
    20220502_071158.jpg
    646.2 KB · Views: 55
  • 20220502_071207.jpg
    20220502_071207.jpg
    653.7 KB · Views: 59
  • 20220502_071215.jpg
    20220502_071215.jpg
    652.7 KB · Views: 61
Our local club has a 100yd outdoor bench match every other month. 2 targets, 10 shots on each. X ring is 1". Perfect score 200-20x which as far as I understand has never been achieved. Finally got the V22S tuned and gave it a go. 2 rounds of 200-19x. The two high 1&2 o'clock shots occured on the last round when it started to heavily rain. Other than those two, the overall vertical is around 3/4 moa...
Nice shooting!

Reactions: 10ring1
Fred,
I'm almost positive that my Harrell's tuner is set at 342. I'll check in the morning when I hit the range. The setting was arrived at using the "Purdy Prescription". I haven't had to change it regardless of what ammo I'm shooting (Ctr-X, SK Std+ or RWS Rifle Match). I just ordered an SPF Pro-X tuner from CST. Can't wait to try it!
I tried to do Harrell's to Purdy, BUT I kept saying something wrong here. I finally held my PRX tuner to Harrell different size the PRX is shorter.(I THINK it will only work on his tuner) I had my Harrell's tuned at least 2 weeks ago I just didn't realize so I kept trying and wasting ammo. I took a picture of tuner at 3 3/4 +23 I never looked, I didn't go back far enough in targets (save till Im happy with them). Went to range today reset to 3-3/4 +23 shot good enough to lock in. Match Wed. 200yd still using Annie 64, 100yd - Vudoo (for now). Thanks for insight . I have screw in weight on mine if that makes any difference?
Fred

Folks,
Definitively, the V22s need some "corrections" in the firing pin.
Mine was shooting with FTF and not good grouping.
We work on the firing pin, polish it, as well as the bottom of the bolt (trigger) since it was tanned.
The goal is to eliminate vibrations.
The rifle has been transformed !!
We also set up the firing pin with different springs, and determine that the better was the red one.
It is very important to setup a correct depth of the firing pin, and measure with a palmer depth gauge how deep it is at the top of the bolt. This will determine the correct percussion and depth in the brass. For eley, it is around 2,5mm.
After that absolutely no issues anymore !!!
And the vudoo is a very performing rifle.

Fred,
Bill,
Are you using weights on Harrell's and what is 342? I took off weight and tuned to Purdy. It came out to about the same as with weight on about 3 3/4. Shot yesterday with rain, came in 2nd- 197 3x out of 200 at 100yd.
Fred

Bill,
Are you using weights on Harrell's and what is 342? I took off weight and tuned to Purdy. It came out to about the same as with weight on about 3 3/4. Shot yesterday with rain, came in 2nd- 197 3x out of 200 at 100yd.
Fred
Fred,
I'm not using any extra weights on my tuner. the 342 is what the tuner is set at from zero. I don't know how else to explain it. I turn it out till I get to "342". I derived at that number using the "Purdy" calculator.