• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo V-22S Single Shot BR/F-Class Action

Evelio,

I agree, as far as I know you didn't say "it takes a special chamber to shoot Lapua."

If you read my post carefully, you will see what I said was Kevin N indicated that he believes the Bill Meyers chamber (now called Kevin N chamber) allows Lapua to perform better than other chambers.

And again, you and I agree that we have seen other chambers shoot Lapua and Eley as accurate or better.

Bill Myers created that chamber while shooting Eley.

I don't think we have a disagreement unless I missed something.

But I am confused by MBs post. I don't know if English is his first language, if it isn't perhaps that explains it.

I believe his post actually indicated he designed the Vudoo to only shoot Lapua and he had spent a lot of time explaining what owners could do if they wanted to shoot other ammo. If that is what he did, I find it surprising a major manufacturer would design a commercial rifle that way.

I find it even more surprising that I was talking about the Bill Meyers chamber and MB responded with " I did what I did".

I didn't know Vudoo used the Bill Myers/Kevin N. chamber. Can you confirm that they do?

MB has always wanted to be somebody. He thinks trolling my posts puts him on my level. He is wrong, as he has been wrong about so many things.

When he belittled my 41 years of military service, I let it go. I thought perhaps he was one of the guys that couldn't get into the miliary for whatever reason but now I realize he just wants to be somebody.

Well, he has finally made it.

He is somebody and will always be the guy that designed an action that often fails to extract, eject, and fire and offered as a solution to the eject issue cutting back one of the locking lugs which effectively made the three lug action into a one lug action.

Brilliant simply brilliant.

Not to mention even after his claim of producing thousands of these rifles they have made very little impact on the benchrest scene.

TKH (4628)

Evelio,

I agree, as far as I know you didn't say "it takes a special chamber to shoot Lapua."

If you read my post carefully, you will see what I said was Kevin N indicated that he believes the Bill Meyers chamber (now called Kevin N chamber) allows Lapua to perform better than other chambers.

And again, you and I agree that we have seen other chambers shoot Lapua and Eley as accurate or better.

But I am confused by MBs post. I don't know if English is his first language, if it isn't perhaps that explains it.

I believe his post actually indicated he designed the Vudoo to only shoot Lapua and he had spent a lot of time explaining what owners could do if they wanted to shoot other ammo. If that is what he did, I find it surprising a major manufacturer would design a commercial rifle that way.

I find it even more surprising that I was talking about the Bill Meyers chamber and MB responded with " I did what I did".

I didn't know Vudoo used the Bill Myers/Kevin N. chamber. Can you confirm that they do?

MB has always wanted to be somebody. He thinks trolling my posts puts him on my level. He is wrong, as he has been wrong about so many things.

When he belittled my 41 years of military service, I let it go. I thought perhaps he was one of the guys that couldn't get into the miliary for whatever reason but now I realize he just wants to be somebody.

He is somebody and will always be the guy that designed an action that often fails to extract, eject, and fire and offered as a solution to the eject issue cutting back one of the locking lugs which effectively made the three lug action into a one lug action.

Not to mention even after his claim of producing thousands of these rifles they have made very little impact on the benchrest scene.

TKH (4628)
Hi Tony,
No Sir I don't think we have a disagreement, we both know what we are talking about, and I do know that the Meyers reamer was designed for the Eley ammo. I wished I could have talked to Bill about it before he passed, my only uncertainty about his reamer was actually how much engraving he was using in the Eley ammo. and if it was the original round nose or the EPS or pointed bullet. I found out about the engraving amount from Kevin, so I don't know if he got that from Meyers or just testing himself.
As far as what actually the Ravage chamber looks like, I have no idea, if it is the same as the Meyers, Nevius reamer, again I have no idea. In all the conversations that I had with Mike, we never discussed that subject since I was going to do my own barreling and chambering on the actions that I bought or supplied by customers.
As far as the problems with the V22S actions, the only problem that I have been fighting with is the several FTF with the crescent shape firing pin. After a couple of months of fu----g around with the springs and the sear adjustment, I got them going about 90% but really only after the firing pin was replaced is when it became 100% very reliable and accurate rifle. In all the ones that I worked on, never experience any extraction, ejection or any other kind of problem, that other owners are complaining about.
Lets give this new action a little more time, and they will start showing up in more BR matches.
As far as you Sir, and Mike B. personal problems, and insults, which I totally disagreed with, I will not get involved in it.
These forums are designed to try to help each and other shooters about their problems, and questions about their equipment, not to get into a personal insults, and vendetta about who is better or knows more.
Tony, please drop it.
Regards,
Evelio.

Evelio,

TKH (4628)
Forever the victim Tony. Bottom line; you weren't there, you don't know, but here you are....

MB

Mike,
Nobody here knows what this bullshit is about, this personal crap don't belongs in this forum.
Drop it man.
Evelio.
You're right Evelio, although I'll correct you by saying, not many know and nothing I said was personal....it was factual. As little as I post these days, you can rest assured that when I do, there's a reason for it and Tony, even at "his level," will not show up in what is still my thread and control a narrative he know's little to obviously nothing about. Lastly, you're correct about the BS part and I appreciate your willingness to step in and police it.

Back to normal programming....

MB

Shifting gears...Nobody can appreciate a FTE until you've shot an Anschutz 1710. Just saying...

Hi Tony,
No Sir I don't think we have a disagreement, we both know what we are talking about, and I do know that the Meyers reamer was designed for the Eley ammo. I wished I could have talked to Bill about it before he passed, my only uncertainty about his reamer was actually how much engraving he was using in the Eley ammo. and if it was the original round nose or the EPS or pointed bullet. I found out about the engraving amount from Kevin, so I don't know if he got that from Meyers or just testing himself.
As far as what actually the Ravage chamber looks like, I have no idea, if it is the same as the Meyers, Nevius reamer, again I have no idea. In all the conversations that I had with Mike, we never discussed that subject since I was going to do my own barreling and chambering on the actions that I bought or supplied by customers.
As far as the problems with the V22S actions, the only problem that I have been fighting with is the several FTF with the crescent shape firing pin. After a couple of months of fu----g around with the springs and the sear adjustment, I got them going about 90% but really only after the firing pin was replaced is when it became 100% very reliable and accurate rifle. In all the ones that I worked on, never experience any extraction, ejection or any other kind of problem, that other owners are complaining about.
Lets give this new action a little more time, and they will start showing up in more BR matches.
As far as you Sir, and Mike B. personal problems, and insults, which I totally disagreed with, I will not get involved in it.
These forums are designed to try to help each and other shooters about their problems, and questions about their equipment, not to get into a personal insults, and vendetta about who is better or knows more.
Tony, please drop it.
Regards,
Evelio.
Evelio,

I have two barrels Bill Myers chambered. Both were done when the Eley EPS bullet was in wide use. I'm sure he chambered both barrels with the EPS bullet in mind.

I just chambered and closed the bolt on some Eley Tennex rounds. I can't see any engraving on the bullets. If it is there it is very little. Both barrels have been shot but not enough to wear them out.

Sorry I can't answer your question about how much engraving Bill used.

TKH (4628)

Attachments

• eley5.jpg
    eley5.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 119
You are fortunate. Do a quick search, I am not the only one ... Countless of reports of the same ...sold mine because it was so frustrating

To
Evelio,

I have two barrels Bill Myers chambered. Both were done when the Eley EPS bullet was in wide use. I'm sure he chambered both barrels with the EPS bullet in mind.

I just chambered and closed the bolt on some Eley Tennex rounds. I can't see any engraving on the bullets. If it is there it is very little. Both barrels have been shot but not enough to wear them out.

Sorry I can't answer your question about how much engraving Bill used.

TKH (4628)
Tony, that's good info. those that I have chambered for Lapua minimum engraving will give me about .075" engraving with Eley match with almost equal accuracy.
Evelio.

Tony, I don't recall you standing next to me during the period of time that I did what I did, therefore you have zero clue what is and what isn't a mistaken idea. You've asked no questions or given any indication that you've sought to understand, however, the demand for you to be understood has been apparent.

I've long stated what one can expect to see if CCI, Eley and other ammo was chambered in a Vudoo and obviously, that's what's being reported by those that have tried it. I've also stated for an appreciable amount of time what one can do to shoot the other ammo in my chamber. Until such time that you stop and think about what's actually happening here, you'll continue to sound foolish.

Hope this helps,
MB
What is the headspace on Vudoo single shot?

The ones that I have barreled, and chambered, the headspaced was set at .043" Don't know what the VGW headspace is.
Evelio
Sorry Evelio you didn’t build my rifle, so VGW has to answer that! But thanks

Last edited:
So if I wanted a heavier trigger say TT diamond would that work? And will these mate up with any 700 foot print stock or chassis?

So if I wanted a heavier trigger say TT diamond would that work? And will these mate up with any 700 foot print stock or chassis?
You just have to order the V22S with the 60* cocking piece in place of the 90* one if you want to use a trigger with an angled sear. And with the exception of the low left square bolt release and 60* bolt that doesn't swing as far down on closing as most actions with a 90* 2-lug bolt do, there's not much difference between the V22S footprint and that of a M700.

Last edited:
Reactions: nakoa01
A right bolt left port we need the action area relieved there too. Might just have to call vudoo and see about a mcmillan kestros.

This is a shot of my latest V22S in its new prone smallbore stock of English walnut done by Doan Trevor. He's had it finished for a couple of weeks, but instead of having him ship it to me, I wanted to fly down to ABQ to see & visit with him again (it's been 12yrs since I last saw him at the 2009 Berger LR SW matches in Phoenix), and bring the finished rifle back home with me. I think I could've picked a better day to fly, as temps were in the upper 90s by the time we left ABQ to return home, and even though we had a nice tailwind to speed our return trip, it came at a price - rather frequent moderate turbulence. There was also quite a bit of smoke from several forest fires in the mountains between ABQ & Santa Fe that reduced visibility and had caused the FAA to issue some TFRs (Temporary Flight Restrictions) that forced us to fly a fair bit out of our way in order to stay out of the smoke and away from the aerial tankers which were working the fires. So it took us 3:05 to fly down against 15-20kt headwinds, vs 2:25 to get home with the tailwind. Whatever - it was worth the extra cost of avgas and the discomfort of flying in hot & bumpy air to get to visit with Doan again.
I mounted the old Nikon 6-18x44 Buckmaster in the photo because it was handy - a good friend who lives 165mi east of here bought a Leupold 24x BRD at an online auction for this rifle, but it's going to be a few days (or weeks) before I can get down to his place to pay him for it and get it mounted. So the old Nikon (which has always been a reliable scope) will just have to do until such time as I'm able to get my hands on the Leupold.
Since my intended use for this rifle is smallbore prone, and since no one at VGW knew for sure if Flavio Fare was going to make a trigger that could be adjusted for around a 1lb break, I ordered the action with the 60* cocking piece so I can use a Jewell or the CG Extreme that's currently installed. I used a Shilen select match ratchet rifled R0 blank, chambered it with a Nevius reamer, and finished it at 25". Since I'd only fired it a very few rounds before shipping it off to Doan (by pulling my 1st V22S out of its McMillan Kestros stock long enough to shoot 30-40rds through this bbl'd action), I really want to shoot it ASAP, hence the Nikon perched on the 20 MOA sloped VGW base. The stock has some very attractive figure, even if this photo doesn't show it. Will try to get outdoors with it for better lighting which should show that figure better.

Attachments

• DSC_0402.JPG
    DSC_0402.JPG
    448.8 KB · Views: 207
  • DSC_0403.JPG
    DSC_0403.JPG
    348.9 KB · Views: 205
This is a shot of my latest V22S in its new prone smallbore stock of English walnut done by Doan Trevor. He's had it finished for a couple of weeks, but instead of having him ship it to me, I wanted to fly down to ABQ to see & visit with him again (it's been 12yrs since I last saw him at the 2009 Berger LR SW matches in Phoenix), and bring the finished rifle back home with me. I think I could've picked a better day to fly, as temps were in the upper 90s by the time we left ABQ to return home, and even though we had a nice tailwind to speed our return trip, it came at a price - rather frequent moderate turbulence. There was also quite a bit of smoke from several forest fires in the mountains between ABQ & Santa Fe that reduced visibility and had caused the FAA to issue some TFRs (Temporary Flight Restrictions) that forced us to fly a fair bit out of our way in order to stay out of the smoke and away from the aerial tankers which were working the fires. So it took us 3:05 to fly down against 15-20kt headwinds, vs 2:25 to get home with the tailwind. Whatever - it was worth the extra cost of avgas and the discomfort of flying in hot & bumpy air to get to visit with Doan again.
I mounted the old Nikon 6-18x44 Buckmaster in the photo because it was handy - a good friend who lives 165mi east of here bought a Leupold 24x BRD at an online auction for this rifle, but it's going to be a few days (or weeks) before I can get down to his place to pay him for it and get it mounted. So the old Nikon (which has always been a reliable scope) will just have to do until such time as I'm able to get my hands on the Leupold.
Since my intended use for this rifle is smallbore prone, and since no one at VGW knew for sure if Flavio Fare was going to make a trigger that could be adjusted for around a 1lb break, I ordered the action with the 60* cocking piece so I can use a Jewell or the CG Extreme that's currently installed. I used a Shilen select match ratchet rifled R0 blank, chambered it with a Nevius reamer, and finished it at 25". Since I'd only fired it a very few rounds before shipping it off to Doan (by pulling my 1st V22S out of its McMillan Kestros stock long enough to shoot 30-40rds through this bbl'd action), I really want to shoot it ASAP, hence the Nikon perched on the 20 MOA sloped VGW base. The stock has some very attractive figure, even if this photo doesn't show it. Will try to get outdoors with it for better lighting which should show that figure better.
Dude that thing is gorgeous.

Some say pretty wood doesn't make them shoot better. But I disagree, sitting behind that rifle would make you feel like a million bucks.

It is beautiful. That alone would put you in a winning frame of mind.

TKH (4628)

Thanks for the complements guys - this is the 4th stock of Doan's that I've bought, and because of his friendship, his personality, his character, his spirit, and his artistry while working in wood, I treasure them all.

Reactions: Rimfireshooter99
Opinion please. Do you put a cartridge on the loading ramp and have the bolt take all the way, or start a cartridge in the camber, or fully seat it in the camber as much as possible. I think I was doing all three in a match this week? I think seating as far as I could, tighter groups? Three way tie this week 200-10x. Three shots where just inside 10 ring, I think those were the ones I laid on loading ramp? Any option?
Fred

Reactions: Papa Mike
I usually push a cartridge in with fingertip - never worry about whether it's all the way in or not, since my Nevius chambers engrave the bullets at least .040". Haven't seen anything on paper that gives me any reason to believe there would be much if any advantage to pushing rounds in any further than far enough to make sure they're aligned with the chamber, and there's no chance of putting any side load on the round by closing the bolt.

Reactions: fredfish
Opinion please. Do you put a cartridge on the loading ramp and have the bolt take all the way, or start a cartridge in the camber, or fully seat it in the camber as much as possible. I think I was doing all three in a match this week? I think seating as far as I could, tighter groups? Three way tie this week 200-10x. Three shots where just inside 10 ring, I think those were the ones I laid on loading ramp? Any option?
Fred
I lay the round on the loading platform and push it about 3/4 of the way into the chamber with my finger till it stops. That’s how I’ve always done it. Really never tested it out by just using the bolt to chamber a round. But the V22S is supposed to be a control round feed so the bullet shouldn’t be hitting anything on its way into the chamber

Guys I am about to take delivery of a V22s. But I need help on a few things. I need to upgrade my rear bag. Advice on model, what material, and which ears to get. Spacing between the ears etc. Same with front bag. I am just shooting groups at my house but don't want to half a$$ the set up. I have a caldwell br rest. Recommendations for a better rest or will that work fine for groups?

I have a bald eagle rest here new in the box. But when I go to trunk the windage dial the damn cable wants to flop around and twist. Not buying it from my buddy if this is a regular thing

Randolph machine makes very good front rest and one piece rest. I use a one piece rest with a sandbag top. I use the protektor with the silver material. Edgewood makes very good quality bags and you couldn't go wrong with either company. Sam
Kinda loving the looks sinclair benchrest rest with base plate

I have a bald eagle rest here new in the box. But when I go to trunk the windage dial the damn cable wants to flop around and twist. Not buying it from my buddy if this is a regular thing
It's easy to delete the cable on that BE model, I believe rimfirecentral forum has a couple threads on the mods to make it a good rest. The cable causes a lot of slop on most of those rests.

It's easy to delete the cable on that BE model, I believe rimfirecentral forum has a couple threads on the mods to make it a good rest. The cable causes a lot of slop on most of those rests.
Yep I found it. Looks pretty easy

I modified the top of my Bald Eagle rest using a carburetor manifold stud-I'm very pleased with how it turned out. It took about 30 minutes (you have to flip the top around if you're a right-handed shooter). I think the stud cost $0.80. The stud modification is so much better (more precise movements), than the floppy cable.

Anybody have a v22s from them where the stock has been painted by them sniper gray? Need pic

My V22s is the cerakote silver, which is has a slight metallic look, but is not metal flake IMO.

Is it what they called sniper gray?
Nope, it's called Silver, look on the VGW site and find the cerakote colors. Mine is not a "flat color", it has some gloss or shine to it, but the clear coat probably adds a bit of gloss or shine. It's not blinding in direct sunlight, but but does reflect sunshine.

Never seen a stock CeraKoted sniper gray, but here's a photo one of my V22 repeaters (front rifle) that I bought as a bbl'd action that VGW CeraKoted in sniper gray, with my Rim-X that I shot the bbl with armor black behind it. Both are in Manners PRS1T stocks with molded-in scorched earth finish. If you're curious about the difference between sniper gray & black, look at the bolt knob on the V22 - they didn't shoot it with CeraKote for whatever reason; it's either anodized black, or shot with a flat black paint of some kind. The 2nd photo is of a custom M700 I built for myself, with sniper gray on the bbl'd action & DBM, while the stock is a Manners EH1A in their molded-in midnight camo.

Attachments

• DSC_0255.JPG
    DSC_0255.JPG
    546.6 KB · Views: 142
  • DSC_0247.JPG
    DSC_0247.JPG
    636 KB · Views: 142
They don't cerakot the stock. It's an automotive paint that is clear coated as well.

It's built around a bare M700 receiver with a PTG custom oversized bolt that I ordered with the .061" firing pin hole and complete PTG undersized striker assembly to match, and mini-16 extractor. The bbl is a Krieger 1-7.5tw in a custom sendero contour that I found online., chambered in 6XC. The stock is a Manners EH1-A w/Hawkins DBM; it's intended as a long range coyote rifle, but I haven't taken a single dog with it yet. Since I intended to hunt with it, I went with a Trigger Tech Primary trigger, set at 1.5lbs. This is the 1st EH1-A stock I've owned - kind of like shooting behind it. I like the Bushnell 4.5-18x40 LRHS scopes too - this is the 3rd Gen 1 I've owned - the other two got sold with similar rifles wManners T3 stocks that I built for myself, and wound up selling to customers.

My best target yet! I've been shooting Midas for a 3 way tie last week. Why I decided to use R50 today without trying,( which I never do), I couldn't be happier! Athlon 10-40 scope with 4x cheater. When I got home my new Holeshot rear rest showed up. Good day!! Don’t see target? It was 200yds. Score 200/15x

Last edited: