• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo V-22S Single Shot BR/F-Class Action

Looks great. Thank you for the great work. Wallet is open and ready to spend.

Reactions: RAVAGE88
Our first "official" teaser for the V-22S Single Shot that hasn't been released yet, but splashing it here first:

MB

Now you have a commitment! Can't wait to see a completed build with a nice BR stock.

MB
Thank you for your efforts and willingness to request and absorb positive input. Kudos.

Best Regards
Ken

This has been fun Ken and the group here is definitely worth it. I appreciate the level of genuine interest and willingness to be positively involved as it's what truly shapes the shooting sports.

MB

Reactions: Hegre
Mike, I'm about order a barreled action and am trying to decide between your V22 repeater and another recently released brand. If there are plans in the near future to release a Vudoo G3 repeater with 6 o'clock firing pin, 3 locking lug action and 90 degree bolt sear, that would be a deal breaker for me! Please take my money!

Reactions: CBeck and RAVAGE88
Mike, I'm about order a barreled action and am trying to decide between your V22 repeater and another recently released brand. If there are plans in the near future to release a Vudoo G3 repeater with 6 o'clock firing pin, 3 locking lug action and 90 degree bolt sear, that would be a deal breaker for me! Please take my money!

Based on various plans, I won't be doing a repeater with a 6 o'clock firing pin anytime soon.

MB

Reactions: dwt
Our first "official" teaser for the V-22S Single Shot that hasn't been released yet, but splashing it here first:

MB

Mike,
I just reviewed your official teaser ... looks great and I feel the momentum and the excitement. Looking forward to seeing target with groups as the initial indicator of performance.

Next is the barreled action, with a tuner, in a legit benchrest stock topped with an appropriate scope. You'll need to lose the bipod/sandbag and go to either a one- or two-piece rest to level the playing field with existing configurations.

One yeah, don't forget the ammo chase and tuner settings. Some lots of ammo (Eley Tenex or Match and Lapua Center X or Midas Plus) will shoot better than others.

Looking forward to the daily drip, drip becoming a flood, flood!!!

Norm

Mike, video on the action is very good, as expected. Thanks for getting us this far in the journey to a great benchrest rifle. A question for you. Since some will use this to shoot f-class, will the stock have a rail under the front end to attach the f-class "bipod" to? I look forward to seeing some of the targets shot with this rifle.

Nicely done!

Reactions: Ozark Shooter
Mike, video on the action is very good, as expected. Thanks for getting us this far in the journey to a great benchrest rifle. A question for you. Since some will use this to shoot f-class, will the stock have a rail under the front end to attach the f-class "bipod" to? I look forward to seeing some of the targets shot with this rifle.

Nicely done!
Good question Rimfireshooter99 ... had to process it for a moment but will throw out my opinion.

I'd reckon that choice of stock is based on your application. If you're shooting exclusively in RFBR then you'll probably want a 3" stock that's flat and smooth on the bottom so it'll ride in benchrest front or one piece rests.

If you shoot exclusively F-Class you'd probably choose a stock that would accommodate any of the good (like Tier-One or Atlas) bipods instead of hauling your RFBR gear. Tier-One offers a sling stud mount and Atlas generally mounts to a Pic rail.

If I were to set up to shoot both RFBR and F-Class with the same rifle I'd probably configure two stocks ... one for RFBR and the other for F-Class. It would be an easy switch to configure for the type of shooting you intended to do.

A highly committed competitor, shooting both matches would no doubt have one or two rifles configured for each match. $$$$$$$$$$$

Reactions: Rimfireshooter99
I’m having a straightline benchrest stock. I’ve had the blank for years.

Can you post a picture of the bench rest stocks you will be offering?
Thanks.

Reactions: RAVAGE88
Bravo with a 2-3/4" alum. flat BR plate for riding the rest. Works great, easy to change over to a bipod for F-Class.

Attachments

• V22 bench plate bottom.jpg
    V22 bench plate bottom.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 190
Reactions: Stephen T
Mike, might you elaborate on your barrel selection, before we move on to the various stocks?

Last edited:
Mike
Have you considered putting your emblem on the receiver? I know it sounds silly but a little eye candy would be nice. Stiller does it on the 2500X and it looks really nice. This may sound silly but you asked for suggestions.
Thanks

Mike,
If you are looking for suggestions, have an option for a stainless, unplated receiver and a DLC bolt. Silver has always been associated with benchrest actions.

I think you have the wrong thread. This one is about the soon to be released single shot. By the way, congrats.

Last edited:
Rather that the enblem on the action, I suggest having the word VUDOO put under the gel coat along the sides of the forearm. More visually impressive and a better ID of the rifle.

Mike,

"We were really hoping to see some five shot groups from the V22S.

Kind of like the two groups in this pic, one shot with my V-22 repeater, the other with my Holeshot 2500XS.

These two groups were shot today, the V-22 was Center-to-Center 0.0925", the Holeshot 2500XS measured 0.155"

Let's see what you got!"

p.s. The deep, deep barrel cleaning on my V-22 certainly restored my accuracy. By the way, the Holeshot group was shot with Eley Practice 100

Attachments

• 2020-05-26 V-22 : 2500XS Groups.JPG
    2020-05-26 V-22 : 2500XS Groups.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 268
Mike,

"We were really hoping to see some five shot groups from the V22S.

Kind of like the two groups in this pic, one shot with my V-22 repeater, the other with my Holeshot 2500XS.

These two groups were shot today, the V-22 was Center-to-Center 0.0925", the Holeshot 2500XS measured 0.155"

Let's see what you got!"

p.s. The deep, deep barrel cleaning on my V-22 certainly restored my accuracy. By the way, the Holeshot group was shot with Eley Practice 100
Nice shooting but something odd with your group size - are you measuring c-t-c then subtracting a diameter ?

bullet holes not touching each other with a c-t-c less than a bullet diameter ? (the Holeshot group)

Cuzz and barronian,

I repeated measurement of the two groups, this time using digital calipers instead of a straight edge that also required converting fractions to decimals. I also applied my recollection of “significant figures” and expressed the results to two decimal places prior correcting edge-to-edge to center-to-center.

The V-22 repeater measured 0.31’ which matches my 5/16” straight edge measurement. When that two decimal measurement is converted to C-T-C (subtracting 0.22 for bullet diameter) the result is a five round C-T-C 0.09” group, which is consistent with my straight edge measurement.

The Holeshot group calculation contained the error you so correctly pointed out. The straight edge measurement was 5/16” or 0.31”. The caliper measurement was 0.44” which resulted in an edge-to-edge conversion to center-to-center of 0.22” versus what I originally calculated (in error) as 0.155”.

I compliment you both on your eyeball assessment of the Holeshot group.

In summary, the V-22 5 round group shot with Lapua Center X = C-T-C 0.09” - the Holeshot five round group shot with Eley Practice 100= C-T-C 0.22”

Thank you,

Ozark Shooter

p.s. These groups were shot under favorable environmental conditions. If I could shoot like this every time I went to the range or a match I’d be thrilled. The purpose of my post was to provoke the Head Skunk to give us a substantive update on progress and performance of the V22S project. His last update was on May 14th, nearly two weeks ago … the natives are restless!!!

Reactions: marks_a18138