• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo V-22S Single Shot BR/F-Class Action

Let’s hope the head skunk got his therapy and is ready to share.

Yessir, between the therapy and mail bombs :):ROFLMAO:, I'm almost there. On a serious note though, since I started down this road, A LOT has evolved very quickly and is continuing to evolve and there are a few reasons for this. First, you guys are far more serious than I guess I realized and for that, I apologize. My intent hasn't been to play coy, but to stay focused in a way that I'm a good steward of what you guys expect me to deliver. And second (I'll be as gentle as possible here), there are some interesting facets of the BR world that require careful navigation. Coming into the BR side of things as someone that's naturally naive, wanting to believe that everyone that shoots is basically the same, my learning curve almost had to start from the beginning again....so, I've been a bit quieter than normal as a way of dealing with what you see here:

6-F062822-A42-B-43-CD-AA85-102-CF4898-DA6.jpg

I have the latitude to deal with this type of thing far differently in the older Vudoo thread because the mindset and approach of the shooter is different, but as it relates to a different group of shooters, I've found that I have to deal with it differently. But, of course, life has a way of being amazing and I had someone contact me that is an enormous asset to what this new path means and I promise what is unfolding is incredible for you guys. I'd have it no other way.

Now, a little bit about the progress of the actions/rifles. The below targets are shot outside at 50 yards, in the wind, with a barreled action mounted in a J Allen chassis, no tuner and with SK Long Range ammo; all groups are five shots.

EE21-D076-7622-48-A3-8-D57-B3-FA50-B9-FD4-D.jpg

C0-B34-AF2-B37-E-42-E9-8559-EDA821193283.jpg

5141863-B-9-CA2-4-A85-A389-91380-E724-C0-F.jpg

I also have a card, shot by a well respected and highly accomplished BR shooter. Based on the plans, I'm not ready to release any further info, but rest assured that I have your best interests at heart, along with an intense focus to achieve something that will make for interesting history.

Thanks Guys, and as always, thanks for being such good sports....

MB

Last edited:
Most refreshing part about this thread...

A mfg actually taking the time to explain what’s happening and why.

Absolutely refreshing.

Not cloak and dagger secrete squirrel shit as is usually the case in this industry.

Now back to the action!!!

Mike
Thank you for the info. I appreciate you doing this the right way. I do have one question. What date would you estimate we can place our order. An educated guess would be fine.
Thank you.

Mike
Thank you for the info. I appreciate you doing this the right way. I do have one question. What date would you estimate we can place our order. An educated guess would be fine.
Thank you.

Hey Jerry,
It'll be NLT June 15, likely sooner.

MB

Reactions: Bob huth and dwt
Most refreshing part about this thread...

A mfg actually taking the time to explain what’s happening and why.

Absolutely refreshing.

Not cloak and dagger secrete squirrel shit as is usually the case in this industry.

Now back to the action!!!

Thanks Brian....

MB

Reactions: JCHayes
Yessir, between the therapy and mail bombs :)LOL::ROFLMAO:), I'm almost there. On a serious note though, since I started down this road, A LOT has evolved very quickly and is continuing to evolve and there are a few reasons for this. First, you guys are far more serious than I guess I realized and for that, I apologize. My intent hasn't been to play coy, but to stay focused in a way that I'm a good steward of what you guys expect me to deliver. And second (I'll be as gentle as possible here), there are some interesting facets of the BR world that require careful navigation. Coming into the BR side of things as someone that's naturally naive, wanting to believe that everyone that shoots is basically the same, my learning curve almost had to start from the beginning again....so, I've been a bit quieter than normal as a way of dealing with what you see here:

I have the latitude to deal with this type of thing far differently in the older Vudoo thread because the mindset and approach of the shooter is different, but as it relates to a different group of shooters, I've found that I have to deal with it differently. But, of course, life has a way of being amazing and I had someone contact me that is an enormous asset to what this new path means and I promise what is unfolding is incredible for you guys. I'd have it no other way.

Now, a little bit about the progress of the actions/rifles. The below targets are shot outside at 50 yards, in the wind, with a barreled action mounted in a J Allen chassis, no tuner and with SK Long Range ammo; all groups are five shots.

I also have a card, shot by a well respected and highly accomplished BR shooter. Based on the plans, I'm not ready to release any further info, but rest assured that I have your best interests at heart, along with an intense focus to achieve something that will make for interesting history.

MB
I think there could be many applications for a rifle like this, not just for the BR crowd. I grew up shooting a single shot 22LR and it is still my favorite to shoot. Being a single shot slows things down and the capability of extreme precision is where things get interesting and fun. What I would hope for would be that the action drop into say a normal Remington short action stock and that I could easily mount my scope on it. If it does that than I am good to go--consider one V-22S sold.

Reactions: Ford S.
Yessir, between the therapy and mail bombs :)LOL::ROFLMAO:), I'm almost there. On a serious note though, since I started down this road, A LOT has evolved very quickly and is continuing to evolve and there are a few reasons for this. First, you guys are far more serious than I guess I realized and for that, I apologize. My intent hasn't been to play coy, but to stay focused in a way that I'm a good steward of what you guys expect me to deliver. And second (I'll be as gentle as possible here), there are some interesting facets of the BR world that require careful navigation. Coming into the BR side of things as someone that's naturally naive, wanting to believe that everyone that shoots is basically the same, my learning curve almost had to start from the beginning again....so, I've been a bit quieter than normal as a way of dealing with what you see here:

MB

MB, Nice! Can you tell us what barrel mfg. and length was used on these targets?

Last edited:

MB
I like what I see. Was this a best tested SK lot, or just pulled off the shelf?

What about at greater distances?

What does TOP quality ammo like Midas+ or X-Act show? At greater distances?

MB, Nice! Can you tell us what barrel mfg. and length was used on these targets?

The two barrels are Vudoo/Ace and Shilen Ratchet. As I recall, the Vudoo was right around 23" and the Shilen finished a little longer than the Vudoo. Both slugged really well and I believe it shows on the target.

MB

I like what I see. Was this a best tested SK lot, or just pulled off the shelf?

What about at greater distances?

What does TOP quality ammo like Midas+ or X-Act show? At greater distances?

The ammo was just a case of what I had laying here, no lot testing. We shot a smattering of different ammo in the tunnel; Eley and different sorts of Lapua, Center X and Midas +. We've only shot at 50 yards, nothing further yet.

MB

Yessir, between the therapy and mail bombs :):ROFLMAO:, I'm almost there. On a serious note though, since I started down this road, A LOT has evolved very quickly and is continuing to evolve and there are a few reasons for this. First, you guys are far more serious than I guess I realized and for that, I apologize. My intent hasn't been to play coy, but to stay focused in a way that I'm a good steward of what you guys expect me to deliver. And second (I'll be as gentle as possible here), there are some interesting facets of the BR world that require careful navigation. Coming into the BR side of things as someone that's naturally naive, wanting to believe that everyone that shoots is basically the same, my learning curve almost had to start from the beginning again....so, I've been a bit quieter than normal as a way of dealing with what you see here:

MB
MB:

I presume the Pappas one-piece mechanical rest provided part of the support. Was the rifle shot free-recoil?

I am intrigued with idea of using a tactical or hunting stock and shooting single shot standing offhand with a Vudoo/Flavio trigger having a 3 oz to 8 oz range of trigger force.

MB:

I presume the Pappas one-piece mechanical rest provided part of the support. Was the rifle shot free-recoil?

I am intrigued with idea of using a tactical or hunting stock and shooting single shot standing offhand with a Vudoo/Flavio trigger having a 3 oz to 8 oz range of trigger force.

Actually, the targets above were shot using a bipod and rear bag.

MB

MB, the BR crowd can be tough and rather entrenched with legacy thinking

Mike, I've been following the discussion of the V-22S on a couple of RF BR sites, and it appears to me that there are several very decent BR shooters/gunsmiths who have genuine interest in your new action. Judging by some of what I've seen posted, I think there are more who are looking forward to seeing what the new action in capable of than there are who can hardly wait to find a reason to dump on your efforts. While there's no question that this is the case here on the Hide, it is refreshing to read some of the more positive replies on the BR sites. Meanwhile, in my house, there's one old gun nut who's reading all I have time to research when it comes to how fast to run a 22RF chamber reamer, what sort of lube/cutting oil/coolent works best, etc. Hopefully, by the time I receive my V22S action, I'll have digested enough good info to improve the quality/accuracy potential of the barrels I fit & chamber. Thinking of buying another Shilen blank and a new reamer to try in it....

Mike, I've been following the discussion of the V-22S on a couple of RF BR sites, and it appears to me that there are several very decent BR shooters/gunsmiths who have genuine interest in your new action. Judging by some of what I've seen posted, I think there are more who are looking forward to seeing what the new action in capable of than there are who can hardly wait to find a reason to dump on your efforts. While there's no question that this is the case here on the Hide, it is refreshing to read some of the more positive replies on the BR sites. Meanwhile, in my house, there's one old gun nut who's reading all I have time to research when it comes to how fast to run a 22RF chamber reamer, what sort of lube/cutting oil/coolent works best, etc. Hopefully, by the time I receive my V22S action, I'll have digested enough good info to improve the quality/accuracy potential of the barrels I fit & chamber. Thinking of buying another Shilen blank and a new reamer to try in it....

Yessir, not surprisingly, your observations are correct. There’s A LOT of genuine interest across the community, which, for others, is a problem. However, I’ll not focus on any of that and stick to the genuine interests, because that’s what matters. I’m anxious to get an action to you because I’ve enjoyed watching what you do with them. You’re incredibly astute at effectively barreling the V-22 and the resulting rifles have been consistently awesome. I’ll be in touch soon....

MB

RAVAGE88, our club shoots 50 yard BR matches every Thursday morning and well as 1-2 matches on weekends. during the month. I and a number of our other shooters use the V22's for "precision tactical" matches once a month and well as a few are shooting their V22's in a "tactical" 100 yard match each Thursday. Love my V22 and am looking forward to the V22SS. I of coure want to be the first kid on the block in our club to beat the socks off the other shooters with the new V22SS.

I forgot the old dictum, "Don't believe anything you hear and only half what you see." :rolleyes:

Rick
rick137, your comment seems to imply you don't believe the post, and that's ok, since it's a free country. Everything you see on-line should be taken with a grain of salt. While I don't know Mike personally, I can vouch for his character and his company's character, and what he's trying to do for our industry. If I am incorrect in my "read" on your post, I apologize. Maybe I just took it the wrong way when I read it.

If not, then let's please say something positive or nothing at all. Too much negativity in this world already. Best regards!

MB
MB, That is impressive. I would be happy to test one of those rifles (no charge of course), so you could get more input

SSsssoooo you’re saying I’ve posted something that isn’t true?

MB
MB:

An apology to one and all if you or anyone else were offended. I thought the emoji would indicate it was a bit of fun since your range photo showed a one-piece mechanical rest when actually the support was a bipod and bag. I presumed, perhaps incorrectly, the range photo was "visual banter", the target results were from a keyboard rifle. My post was in response assuming the "visual banter" interpretation.

Rick

rick137, your comment seems to imply you don't believe the post, and that's ok, since it's a free country. Everything you see on-line should be taken with a grain of salt. While I don't know Mike personally, I can vouch for his character and his company's character, and what he's trying to do for our industry. If I am incorrect in my "read" on your post, I apologize. Maybe I just took it the wrong way when I read it.

If not, then let's please say something positive or nothing at all. Too much negativity in this world already. Best regards!
R99:

You have outed me. I am a RimX operative.

Reactions: marks_a18138
No harm, no foul. You can shoot anything you want! Best regards!
R99:

Actually I am fortunate to own two V22 based weapon systems and plan to purchase the V22S and the long range V22 when it is available. I do not presently own a RimX based weapon system but may well purchase one. Yes, there are differences between RimX and V22 actions and one or more of these differences may be the decider for someone, but overall from the data a superb rimfire weapon system can be built with either action. My hypothesis is that in competition, as always subject to the vagarities of the ammunition, marksmanship would be the deciding factor.

R99:

Actually I am fortunate to own two V22 based weapon systems and plan to purchase the V22S and the long range V22 when it is available. I do not presently own a RimX based weapon system but may well purchase one. Yes, there are differences between RimX and V22 actions and one or more of these differences may be the decider for someone, but overall from the data a superb rimfire weapon system can be built with either action. My hypothesis is that in competition, as always subject to the vagarities of the ammunition, marksmanship would be the deciding factor.
Vudoo is lucky to have you for a customer.

It is likely that this new action may sell too many folks other that the BR crowd. If the design isn't so specialized that it paints itself into a corner than it could be enjoyed by many. Just because I don't shoot BR or F Class now does not mean I can't or I won't. For me I just don't feel like driving hours to find that type of event. If it became more popular in my area and I had a V-22S action than I could buy another stock and set up for that.

I have hope that Vudoo has listened to and considered "the rest of us". Greg Roman at Vudoo said the V-22S configured RB/RP would fit nicely in a Rem short action foot print, but the side bolt release may need a bit of relief in the stock. So I am still excited about the possibilities!

Reactions: Rimfireshooter99
Vudoo is lucky to have you for a customer.

It is likely that this new action may sell too many folks other that the BR crowd. If the design isn't so specialized that it paints itself into a corner than it could be enjoyed by many. Just because I don't shoot BR or F Class now does not mean I can't or I won't. For me I just don't feel like driving hours to find that type of event. If it became more popular in my area and I had a V-22S action than I could buy another stock and set up for that.

I have hope that Vudoo has listened to and considered "the rest of us". Greg Roman at Vudoo said the V-22S configured RB/RP would fit nicely in a Rem short action foot print, but the side bolt release may need a bit of relief in the stock. So I am still excited about the possibilities!
I feel the same for matches, which are almost impossible for me to find near me as well. I now Co-Direct a benchrest Postal Match which might interest you. No driving, except to your local range, and shoot some of the matches we have available. We have 50, 100 and 200 yards monthly matches you can participate in. If you ave some interest, email to [email protected] for an information packet.

I currently shoot an Anschutz 1903 in a BR stock, and will be upgrading to a Vudoo once we get some details on how well the new single-shot rifle shoots.

Good shooting!

Reactions: PrecisionPlinker
R99:

Agreed. Between me and the ammo, I'm sure the many rifles shoot better than either are capable of...

R99:

rick137, do you shoot off a bipod with your Vudoo? If so, can you tell me the brand you use?

Thanks!

MB:

An apology to one and all if you or anyone else were offended. I thought the emoji would indicate it was a bit of fun since your range photo showed a one-piece mechanical rest when actually the support was a bipod and bag. I presumed, perhaps incorrectly, the range photo was "visual banter", the target results were from a keyboard rifle. My post was in response assuming the "visual banter" interpretation.

Rick
Sorry Dude, I wasn’t tracking with your humor, but now it seems I’ll be considered a blonde 🤣....

👊🏻

MB

rick137, do you shoot off a bipod with your Vudoo? If so, can you tell me the brand you use?

Thanks!
R99:

In moments of madness I have purchased several bipods but have never shot a live round using one. I do use the Atlas to provide mass on my Vudoo V22s. I am strictly a 1P shooter, standing offhand because marksmanship is paramount. I am very thankful and appreciative that others like doing the accuracy testing. The closest I come to supported shooting is using my range backpack on a bench together with my shoulder for rough sighting-in. Further refinement comes from a statistical analysis of the group center of offset from the aimpoint for targets shot standing offhand.

In you live anywhere near Eugene OR you are welcome to borrow my bipods, I am certain they would like it. Nothing beats using equipment. Nothing more irritating or worthless than someone stating "This is good" or "This is bad" without giving any reasons.

Good shooting, Rick

Sorry Dude, I wasn’t tracking with your humor, but now it seems I’ll be considered a blonde 🤣....

👊🏻

MB
MB:

Often I cannot appreciate your remarks due to my ignorance of mechanical engineering and machining. However, is the blonde comment referring to ladies with a certain hair color? I would say the Joker, that genius with an "evil" sense of humor that is inflickted on mere mortals.

Rick

R99:

In moments of madness I have purchased several bipods but have never shot a live round using one. I do use the Atlas to provide mass on my Vudoo V22s. I am strictly a 1P shooter, standing offhand because marksmanship is paramount. I am very thankful and appreciative that others like doing the accuracy testing. The closest I come to supported shooting is using my range backpack on a bench together with my shoulder for rough sighting-in. Further refinement comes from a statistical analysis of the group center of offset from the aimpoint for targets shot standing offhand.

In you live anywhere near Eugene OR you are welcome to borrow my bipods, I am certain they would like it. Nothing beats using equipment. Nothing more irritating or worthless than someone stating "This is good" or "This is bad" without giving any reasons.

Good shooting, Rick
Thanks Rick. I know of the moment of madness you speak of. I'm in SE Wisconsin, so I won't be dropping by to check out the bipods, but I do appreciate your offer. Many folks would not do that, so thanks very much. I have yet to graduate from benchrest shooting to offhand, although I have aspirations to try that out. Are there certain targets you shoot at for 1P? If so, can you let me know what target to use?

Take care.

MB

Thats amazing accuracy, I like the fact that you used a bipod and a rear bag, well done and best of luck with the new action.

R
Thanks Rick. I know of the moment of madness you speak of. I'm in SE Wisconsin, so I won't be dropping by to check out the bipods, but I do appreciate your offer. Many folks would not do that, so thanks very much. I have yet to graduate from benchrest shooting to offhand, although I have aspirations to try that out. Are there certain targets you shoot at for 1P? If so, can you let me know what target to use?

Take care.
R99:

My pleasure. Least I could do after the Rose Bowl.

I use, or run if you prefer, the NSGCUT, North Slovakian Gun Club Universal Target. The diameter of the central disk is 1.00", the diameter of the first ring, or annulus if you prefer, is 2.00" and the diameter of each successive annulus is 1.00" greater. For example, if the center of the bullet hole lies in the annulus from 4.00" to 3.00" I give it a dispersion of 3.50". Then use a simple spreadsheet to calculate the average dispersion in inches. To calculate MOA remember to include 1.047" equals 1.00 MOA at 100 yd. Also remember MOA accuracy can be no better than the accuracy of the distance from the muzzle to the target.
NSGCUT.jpg

Of course it is not really a universal target in sense we all know 1.00 MOA at 50 yd is much easier than 1.00 MOA at 200 yd. So your MOA accuracy at 50 yd is an upper bound to your accuracy at greater distances.

For competition must use a standard target, such as NRA 50 yd smallbore target. That is a challenging target shooting standing offhand. I have yet to break 200 for a 5x5 COF.

KR, Rick

Attachments

• NSGCUT.pdf
    65.8 KB · Views: 186
Ugh, my wife is going to wonder why I'm selling my other kidney now. This looks drool worthy! I don't have tons of time behind my Vudoo build from last year and when I had the chance I bought a 2nd one from a guy who needed the money. Now I'm starting a Rimx Build and this comes along. Maybe I'll see what livers are going for.... :) This has WANT written all over it! Vudoo.....Taking the Rimfire by storm and crushing it again!!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ranger007
Ugh, my wife is going to wonder why I'm selling my other kidney now. This looks drool worthy! I don't have tons of time behind my Vudoo build from last year and when I had the chance I bought a 2nd one from a guy who needed the money. Now I'm starting a Rimx Build and this comes along. Maybe I'll see what livers are going for.... :) This has WANT written all over it! Vudoo.....Taking the Rimfire by storm and crushing it again!!!!!
Just sell part of it. I understand livers can regenerate

Mike, will you be able to provide some additional details sometime this week? Not that anyone is keeping track, but we have two weeks until we can start ordering (or less). Would be nice to see a picture of the finished commercial rifle, if that would be possible this week. I think I read the rifle will have a wood stock, and if so, will bedding and pillars be part of the purchase price or options?

Thanks for all your hard work!

Reactions: marks_a18138
RAVAGE88, our club shoots 50 yard BR matches every Thursday morning and well as 1-2 matches on weekends. during the month. I and a number of our other shooters use the V22's for "precision tactical" matches once a month and well as a few are shooting their V22's in a "tactical" 100 yard match each Thursday. Love my V22 and am looking forward to the V22SS. I of coure want to be the first kid on the block in our club to beat the socks off the other shooters with the new V22SS.

I use the V -22 in our club benchrest matches and regularly take 1st thru 3rd against Anshutzes, Rem 40x Win 52, Brnos, Coopers and the rest. Out of 8-10 shooters.

I'm not that good. Only been competing about 2 years. But the V-22 is that good..

I hope Mike won’t mind my asking this on his spot. Feel free to delete. I used my first one piece rest, a Randolph, a week ago and i really liked it.
Is there a most accurate one piece rest for me to use with my vudoo repeater in a mpa chassis? I do understand that it’s not meant to be a bench rest rifle.