• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo V-22S Single Shot BR/F-Class Action

Cuzz, here is my setup
1591193622464.png

Mike

Are you still on schedule for a 6-15 release?

Thanks

Yes $1895 fir barreled action, $200 for Flavio trigger, McMillian Kestros stock bedded. Estimate $3000 for all. Down payment 20%. Delivery time estimated 15-16 months but not sure about time for whole rifle due to McMillan delivery time for the stock .

Last edited:
Is that wait period just because of the stock? Is that normal for McMillan? Sure hope that it will not take that long with a different stock. I would guess 3-4 months would be acceptable For most people.

The estimated delivery time was for start up of production of the barreled action. Might also be that I'm down the list for delivery. ????????????

I hope this is incorrect as 15-16 months wait time is a lifetime in the rimfire world. If this wait time is correct, then they just lost a customer.

That is more like it. Would that Kestros stock work for bench rest?

Mike, I don't know why you've gone silent, but you better get out ahead of this. Errors like this will kill the buzz on your work and new rifle. Why did you not let us know that the orders have started? I'm finding out as I am browsing the Hide this Sunday morning from someone not associated with Vudoo?

When can we see some data from the rifle to convince us it is worthy of a $3000 investment? Personally, I will order a rifle, but not before I see some data that's convincing as to it's performance.

Can you help us out here?

Thanks!

I certainly hope so. https://mcmillanusa.com/mcmillan-rifle-stocks/mcmillan-competition-stocks/kestros/ Honestly I would rather have a McMillan E#dge as it is a tried and proven BR stock. I think I'll call tomorrow and change to order.
Travelor, when you order the barreled rifle, what options did you have for the components like barrel, trigger and scope mount? Could you share what options there are since we have not heard anything from Vudoo at this time?

Also, did you decide on the stock, since you're only buying the barreled action or did Vudoo recommend a stock for you?

Thanks!

Mike, I don't know why you've gone silent, but you better get out ahead of this. Errors like this will kill the buzz on your work and new rifle. Why did you not let us know that the orders have started? I'm finding out as I am browsing the Hide this Sunday morning from someone not associated with Vudoo?

When can we see some data from the rifle to convince us it is worthy of a $3000 investment? Personally, I will order a rifle, but not before I see some data that's convincing as to it's performance.

Can you help us out here?

Thanks!
Calm down

Reactions: GetReal
WOW, I travel for a bit and have no access to the internet and the place falls apart. There's no 15 month wait for anything and the shop started taking orders on June 1st based on those on the list. If you're on the list, you've either received a call or you'll be receiving a call....that was the purpose of the list, which hasn't been a secret. Aside from what I do on a daily basis at Vudoo, I also own or am partnered in numerous other companies, so, I travel A LOT and I don't always have the ability to be in touch here. I just returned late last night and catching up now with all the goings on....

MB

WOW, I travel for a bit and have no access to the internet and the place falls apart. There's no 15 month wait for anything and the shop started taking orders on June 1st based on those on the list. If you're on the list, you've either received a call or you'll be receiving a call....that was the purpose of the list, which hasn't been a secret. Aside from what I do on a daily basis at Vudoo, I also own or am partnered in numerous other companies, so, I travel A LOT and I don't always have the ability to be in touch here. I just returned late last night and catching up now with all the goings on....

MB

“Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown...”

or as we might say today,

”No rest for the weary”. 😀

Reactions: Ranger007

MB
Mike,

If you would just post your cell number we could text you 24/7...that would help with our impatience 😉

If travelor just now called to place an order - what he was doing was getting his name on the list. Depending on how many of us have had our names on the list for a month or two, he might be pretty far down on that list. Whatever, I wouldn't get my panties in a twist over that post. I haven't received a call yet, but am sure looking forward to it....

I have had my name on the list since January and have not received a call yet.

Just a FYI, When I called I placed the order which included all the specifics and paid a 20% deposit.

I have a copy of my invoice with an invoice number.

We will see.......

Rimfireshooter99, the stock does look good and I will stay with the Kestros as ordered.

I'm on the list but I've decided even at 15-16 weeks I don't want to wait. I'm 76 and only shoot bench during the summer. I need instant gratification. Looking for a used .22 BR or maybe a new one on the shelf. Anybody?

It's like watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with MB being Willy Wonka and you fuckers are the kids with a golden ticket. :geek:

Which one of you is the fat German kid? I already know who Veruka Salt is.

And who will end up with the keys to the factory? 🤠

Well my two V22S barreled actions are ordered with R0 Shilen Ratchets and FF triggers! 8-10 weeks I was number 10 on the pre-order list! One is going in a Kestros and the other in a MPA chassis both setup for smallbore f-class!

I think I’m number 8 on the list but I’m going to be patient and allow them to put their process in place

Why isn't anyone posting some groups from the Vudoo single shot rifles that are being tested in the field? There is essentially ZERO data on the gun.

Why isn't anyone posting some groups from the Vudoo single shot rifles that are being tested in the field? There is essentially ZERO data on the gun.
No rifles in the wild yet. Only two rifles exist, and both are not in their final configuration.

Then what are people buying? I get the "list" but how can you "order" something that doesnt exist?

Then what are people buying? I get the "list" but how can you "order" something that doesnt exist?
They are just starting to build inventory of the parts needed to build the rifles. Lead times are 15 weeks for a BA, and a little more for a complete rifle. The list was a pre-order list. It currently has approx. 100 people on it.

Last edited:
Decided to put my dollar on the barrelhead. No intention of true benchrest shooting, barreled action will go into a PRS1 or TCS stock. Trigger may well be a B&A 2-stage TacSport Pro with flat shoe like my other rifles. Will have to see what MB designs as alternative to the Vudoo/Flavio true benchrest trigger.

FYI, below is from Jill as to current options and prices:

"We are starting to take orders for the single shot! We are quoting the customers on our notification list a 12-14 week lead time.
Barrel choices are:
ACE BR barrel (up to 22”)
Shilen R-0 Racket (up to 24”)

Scope Base:
2-piece 3/8” Dove Tail (OR)
0-MOA Scope Base (Picatinny Rail)

Sear/Trigger
With Vudoo Flavio Trigger 90 degree Sear
With other REM 700 Triggers 60 degree Sear

Full Builds:
The McMillan Kestros is an option
We’re exploring other options, will know more over the next week.

Prices:
Barreled Action - $1870.00
Vudoo/Flavio Trigger – Still getting price, probably between $250.-$300.00
Full Build with Kestros or Similar: ~$3000.00"

As always from Vudoo great customer service.

Question... So I am not a benchrest shooter at all but am right on the fence about buying a dedicated bench gun. Namely the Vudoo. Now my current V22 shoots in the 0.5s on a 6x5 at 100 yds with center x and is phenomenally accurate. Will a dedicated benchrest rimfire rifle produce better results? (Not talking about the shooter/equipment debate, just the rifle)

Reactions: Troy G
....and that is the question 10ring1, isn't it? I am asking the same question. I too have a V22 repeater (20" MTU Bartlein in a Bravo chassis) and I'm into the .6s on 6 x 5 at 100yds right now. I am absolutely no benchrest shooter yet. I strictly use the single shot adapter and I want to order the single shot action if it's going to run with my Suhls and Anschutz Match 54 but there is NO DATA, nothing.

So many variables in 22 rimfire. Will be interesting to see what others say about this.

....and that is the question 10ring1, isn't it? I am asking the same question. I too have a V22 repeater (20" MTU Bartlein in a Bravo chassis) and I'm into the .6s on 6 x 5 at 100yds right now. I am absolutely no benchrest shooter yet. I strictly use the single shot adapter and I want to order the single shot action if it's going to run with my Suhls and Anschutz Match 54 but there is NO DATA, nothing.

Question... So I am not a benchrest shooter at all but am right on the fence about buying a dedicated bench gun. Namely the Vudoo. Now my current V22 shoots in the 0.5s on a 6x5 at 100 yds with center x and is phenomenally accurate. Will a dedicated benchrest rimfire rifle produce better results? (Not talking about the shooter/equipment debate, just the rifle)
The age old question. One thing to note, the new rifle will not have the current chamber profile we have on the repeater rifle (Lapua friendly). It will likely be more Eley friendly since these rifles might very well show up in some formal BR matches.

The age old question. One thing to note, the new rifle will not have the current chamber profile we have on the repeater rifle (Lapua friendly). It will likely be more Eley friendly since these rifles might very well show up in some formal BR matches.
Ironically my V22 repeater prefers Eley at the moment (at least with the current lots of Eley & Lapua that I have). I think it's a good call to lean towards an Eley friendly chamber for the single shot action.

Last edited:
Ironically my V22 repeater prefers Eley at the moment (at least with the current lots of Eley & Lapua that I have). I think it's a good call to lean towards an Eley friendly chamber for the single shot action.
My repeater shoots anything Lapua like a boss! Haven't had the same luck with eley in mine

Reactions: Ranger007
RWS Special Match for mine, with the Vudoo ACE barrel. Lapua Center-X would be a close second but it absolutely loves the RWS.

There is one bit of data. Mike Bush's post on this thread with results from shooting with a chassis and bench-bipod-bag support.

Ordered a V22S with a 22" Ace barrel yesterday. Expected ship date September 09 so exactly three months.

Vudoo is now a Bix'nAndy distributor so can provide TacSport triggers with whatever trigger shoe you want. To match the trigger on other rifles went with Tac Sport Pro 2-stage and flat trigger shoe.

Is it shooting or feeding eley bad? Mine shoots eley black and red very well but it REALLY struggles feeding it.
Just not as accurate as the Lapua. Even tried Tenex. Center X was more consistent than Tenex. Come to think of it I did have a rare feed issue with Eley. Maybe once. Never with Lapua anything

My order is in now. I have always believed that rimfire benchrest is more about the barrel and the ammo, their final compatibility, than anything else. We will test that theory shortly.

I know nothing about chassis types. What is a good choice shooting from bags only, no bipod.
thanks.

JerryP I believe the McMillan Kestros will be a good one although not seen as a RF BR stock. A more "conventional" BR stock is the McMillan Edge.

Agree, if it's going to be a bench gun we definitely need the EDGE straightline stock.

What's everyone going with in the barrel? What's the general consensus? I know the shilens have a good track record...but man my Ace on my repeater is an absolute laser.