• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo V-22S Single Shot BR/F-Class Action

Traveler,
No flame, however it is rather improper to judge scores if you were not physically shooting shoulder to shoulder on the range. A numerical score does not equate to performance or capability. I have the honor of winning a national 3-position title with a score that was not equivalent to my master classification.

Just an observation.

An apologies to those on the thread as this is not intended to hijack the topic of this action's development.
Best Regards,

Correct, Vudoo is a production facility that builds and ships hundreds of rifles per month. BR rifles aren’t built in a production facility, they’re built in a custom shop. The action serves our Target Platform and the Custom BR Platform.

MB

Be that as it may, but I'm sure the odds of getting a rifle that shoots competitively are very good and with an occasional hummer too. Definitely a quick way to get started shooting and learning the necessary skills.
I had a repeater on order until I happened upon this thread and changed it to the SS barreled action with the Flavio trigger. Both Jill and Lisa were great to deal with my many questions and changes to my order. I haven't shot any BR since the '80's when Alvin Davidson got me involved, so this is a new ball game in RF.
Lyn

• Love
Reactions: marks_a18138
Be that as it may, but I'm sure the odds of getting a rifle that shoots competitively are very good and with an occasional hummer too. Definitely a quick way to get started shooting and learning the necessary skills.
I had a repeater on order until I happened upon this thread and changed it to the SS barreled action with the Flavio trigger. Both Jill and Lisa were great to deal with my many questions and changes to my order. I haven't shot any BR since the '80's when Alvin Davidson got me involved, so this is a new ball game in RF.
Lyn

Awesome point Lyn and exactly the mindset behind our approach. The immediate thoughts amongst a few are this action is meant for a small, more exclusive group of users, but that’s not our focus. There’s a big part of this community that would like to get into the more precision side of rimfire and that’s who we’re serving with our Factory Hot Rod and you nailed it above. The cool thing is though, the option of going full blown custom from Ivan’s shop is perfect for those already at the higher levels of the precision games.

MB

Maybe we will get to see one up close at the ARA nationals this year.
That would be a good place to see how they hold up. Probably better ditch the cut rifled barrels though.
I’ve never seen one at the top of any sanctioned BR results list.
I am glad to see another action maker out there.

So where can one find the results from Somerset? How did the Vudoo single shot rifles do with the hand picked shooters?

A question concerning wait times and costs. We know the cost for a complete Vudoo V22S FHR is about $3500 to which must be added cost of scope and rest. Wait time is a couple of months . What would be the cost and wait time for a full custom BRRF rifle using the V22S action? I presume the wait time would be many, many months if not years.

I made the 900 mile trip from Deep East Texas to Kentucky last week to participate in what I think of as the "event" ... not only a competitive match but the introduction of both Vudoo's V22-S action and IvanHoe's custom package, i.e., rifle based on the V-22S, scope and rest. The event was attended by the title sponsors and Lapua provided ammo to the winners in addition to a really nice plaque.

First, the venue ... Kentucky, especially from Bowling Green to Somerset is spectacular. The range was about thirty minutes from Somerset and the last five miles were the most beautiful part of my drive. Switchbacks and elevation changes made it more like a road racing track not well suited for an F-150. Slow it down and enjoy the scenery ... keep your foot close to the break and remember never to go into one of those turns hot!!!

The Buck Creek Range was well thought out and had all the trappings necessary to put on a quality match. Benches were limited to twelve which was perfect for the 33 shooters who participated ... three relays and four cards.

Vudoo design engineer Mike Bush had a couple of V-22S actions that we could handle and he was often seen giving tours of the action, specifically the bolt and the innovations it contains. You can disassemble the bolt without tools. The V-22S will be shipped with multiple firing pin springs that allow a shooter to tune ignition to his liking. In addition to firing pin spring options, tension on the spring can be fine tuned by compressing the spring to further tune the action to achieve optimum group size, X-count or P.A.R. score. Pretty neat and consistent how a lot of the top-tier shooters are modifying their actions - but a lot easier (I think).

A full blown Vudoo V-22S action-based IvanHoe Shooting Equipment build with his beautiful one-piece rest was on display. It's truly a work of art and would make a beautiful display in an enthusiasts gun room. Ivan's stock has a very wide butt stock bottom end that rides in the rear of the rest. The display he was using was highly polished and would be the envy of any Harley rider's wet dream ... Bling, Bling, Bling. The wood in the stock was laminated and beautiful. There's pictures on the Hide and Rimfire Accuracy. It's truly amazing and was ready to shoot ... there's a bit of data posted on the forums and it would have been nice to see what Ivan could do with the rifle at the bench. He was a good host and a relentless match director so the rifle set idle. Maybe next time!!!

The Inaugural Match was professionally managed (as you might expect) and was fraught with unpredictable (but not high) winds and occasional rain showers that lasted no more the the length of a relay. Changing range conditions can easily be verified by looking at the scores - even the best shooters stumbled at bit on cards - I suspect these stumbles were caused by shifting range conditions ... all in a day's competition.

The support staff were superb ... they made all of us feel comfortable, put on a great meal, scored targets accurately and keep us safe from range errors. It's yet to be seen if the event ends up resulting in any spread of the plague - I sure hope not!!!

I can only speak for myself but I had a really good time ... I always enjoy the solitude of a cross country drive, I got to meet a lot of great people, shoot with guys whose skill level was far above mine - watch out for me next time cause I'm coming after you. I got to see the new product from Vudoo/Ivan and I had a lot to think about on my drive home.

I did pick up a couple packs of targets and have invited my gun club RFBR competitors to a "BP-150 Target and Sanction Evaluation" this weekend at our range in Lufkin (Angelina Rifle and Pistol Club). We'll be shooting on August 8, Saturday, beginning between 8 and 9am. Any shooters reading this post are welcome to saddle-up and join us. We've got a quorum committed to shooting already and will make this a fun shoot - but we will be scoring like competitors always do. Our primary mission is to evaluate the BP-150 as a potential sanctioning body for our 2021 season.

Norm Flynn

I made the 900 mile trip from Deep East Texas to Kentucky last week to participate in what I think of as the "event" ... not only a competitive match but the introduction of both Vudoo's V22-S action and IvanHoe's custom package, i.e., rifle based on the V-22S, scope and rest. The event was attended by the title sponsors and Lapua provided ammo to the winners in addition to a really nice plaque.

First, the venue ... Kentucky, especially from Bowling Green to Somerset is spectacular. The range was about thirty minutes from Somerset and the last five miles were the most beautiful part of my drive. Switchbacks and elevation changes made it more like a road racing track not well suited for an F-150. Slow it down and enjoy the scenery ... keep your foot close to the break and remember never to go into one of those turns hot!!!

The Buck Creek Range was well thought out and had all the trappings necessary to put on a quality match. Benches were limited to twelve which was perfect for the 33 shooters who participated ... three relays and four cards.

Vudoo design engineer Mike Bush had a couple of V-22S actions that we could handle and he was often seen giving tours of the action, specifically the bolt and the innovations it contains. You can disassemble the bolt without tools. The V-22S will be shipped with multiple firing pin springs that allow a shooter to tune ignition to his liking. In addition to firing pin spring options, tension on the spring can be fine tuned by compressing the spring to further tune the action to achieve optimum group size, X-count or P.A.R. score. Pretty neat and consistent how a lot of the top-tier shooters are modifying their actions - but a lot easier (I think).

A full blown Vudoo V-22S action-based IvanHoe Shooting Equipment build with his beautiful one-piece rest was on display. It's truly a work of art and would make a beautiful display in an enthusiasts gun room. Ivan's stock has a very wide butt stock bottom end that rides in the rear of the rest. The display he was using was highly polished and would be the envy of any Harley rider's wet dream ... Bling, Bling, Bling. The wood in the stock was laminated and beautiful. There's pictures on the Hide and Rimfire Accuracy. It's truly amazing and was ready to shoot ... there's a bit of data posted on the forums and it would have been nice to see what Ivan could do with the rifle at the bench. He was a good host and a relentless match director so the rifle set idle. Maybe next time!!!

The Inaugural Match was professionally managed (as you might expect) and was fraught with unpredictable (but not high) winds and occasional rain showers that lasted no more the the length of a relay. Changing range conditions can easily be verified by looking at the scores - even the best shooters stumbled at bit on cards - I suspect these stumbles were caused by shifting range conditions ... all in a day's competition.

The support staff were superb ... they made all of us feel comfortable, put on a great meal, scored targets accurately and keep us safe from range errors. It's yet to be seen if the event ends up resulting in any spread of the plague - I sure hope not!!!

I can only speak for myself but I had a really good time ... I always enjoy the solitude of a cross country drive, I got to meet a lot of great people, shoot with guys whose skill level was far above mine - watch out for me next time cause I'm coming after you. I got to see the new product from Vudoo/Ivan and I had a lot to think about on my drive home.

I did pick up a couple packs of targets and have invited my gun club RFBR competitors to a "BP-150 Target and Sanction Evaluation" this weekend at our range in Lufkin (Angelina Rifle and Pistol Club). We'll be shooting on August 8, Saturday, beginning between 8 and 9am. Any shooters reading this post are welcome to saddle-up and join us. We've got a quorum committed to shooting already and will make this a fun shoot - but we will be scoring like competitors always do. Our primary mission is to evaluate the BP-150 as a potential sanctioning body for our 2021 season.

Norm Flynn
Norm,

Thank you for your post, I have not stopped . I will get more information posted, eveyone please be patient Janet and I are going as fast as we can.

Ivan

Norm Flynn
really nice write up Norm, thank you.

Norm and Larry I enjoyed meeting you guys finally and going out to supper! Very well written Norm!
Mark, it was a pleasure to spend some time with you as well. Norm and I had a great experience at the match and look forward to having more opportunities to shoot the matches. I just need a match a little closer to home.... :)

Reactions: Ozark Shooter
I trust Mike's earnest work toward the introduction of the new V22S but am wondering. Why hasn't there been pictures of groups shot with the "production" V22S and why has it not been shot in competition yet?

Makes me concerned.

Could be a timing problem. Action has to be produced and validated. Barrels need to be secured and installed. Triggers are coming from Europe. Stocks must be in hand and then bedded. This all while going through a pandemic. I’m not concerned. Lol

I believe that the only rifles that have been fired are PROTOTYPES. Actual manufactured rifles are not out yet.
Thus any reports of "Targerts in the wild" would be phony.
I know this because I will get the 1st produced rifle. Long ago( Last Sept.) after talking to Mike and Grad at a shooting event, I asked Greg
if there was a waiting list. He Said "No' and I said well Lets start one. Thus I got to be No 1. I was told last week that my serial number is
V22S 1003. That number is the lowest that will be "IN The Wild", per Mr. P Parrot.

Last edited:
I trust Mike's earnest work toward the introduction of the new V22S but am wondering. Why hasn't there been pictures of groups shot with the "production" V22S and why has it not been shot in competition yet?

Makes me concerned.

The work/travel load is tremendous and this is all unfolding no different than the original V-22 repeater. There will be targets in the wild sooner than later....As SGeorge stated, a lot has been dropped on our crew and things now take a little longer than they would normally with all the additional "stuff" going on.

MB

Reactions: 4Certain
Maybe we will get to see one up close at the ARA nationals this year.
That would be a good place to see how they hold up. Probably better ditch the cut rifled barrels though.
I’ve never seen one at the top of any sanctioned BR results list.
I am glad to see another action maker out there.
I am new to the RFBR game so legit question. I saw some stats (not sure what organization in RFBR) and in the top ten were Shilen ratchet barrels...about 4 if the rifles had them. They seemed to be competitive in those standings and that was among all custom rifles. Saw a few meullers , etc. Just wondering if the ratchet barrels compete with the top tier?

I am new to the RFBR game so legit question. I saw some stats (not sure what organization in RFBR) and in the top ten were Shilen ratchet barrels...about 4 if the rifles had them. They seemed to be competitive in those standings and that was among all custom rifles. Saw a few meullers , etc. Just wondering if the ratchet barrels compete with the top tier?
What exactly do you think “ top tier” means ?

The best of the best. In the top 10 of each organization

Lmao shilen is top tier and top tier shooters use them a lot. Shilen is fairly easy to come by, muller not so easy to come by long waiting list. If you want a good idea what the top shooters are using go to the profession shooting league web page and look up equipment list. It has everything that shooter used (most of the time) cause some guys share a gun and info may not be the most accurate.

MB essentially addressed this but the short answer here is, not a chance in the world. Competitive,....strong possibility. Top Tier?... Do you have the slightest awareness of the likelyhood of that.....even with top flight components in the hands of a world class smith ?
Have either of you folks actually participated in any sanctioned benchrest matches ?

Tim, he was asking about Shilen being top tier.

MB

Reactions: 10ring1
MB essentially addressed this but the short answer here is, not a chance in the world. Competitive,....strong possibility. Top Tier?... Do you have the slightest awareness of the likelyhood of that.....even with top flight components in the hands of a world class smith ?
Have either of you folks actually participated in any sanctioned benchrest matches ?

Gonna go ahead and nip this early.

This forum/thread will NOT turn into the arrogant elitist type like other forums out there. Be helpful or be gone. This site has thousands of shooters looking to expand their knowledge and will not turn into twenty people no one knows talking down to them.

This is a general statement to anyone migrating from other forums.

As I've traveled over the last number of weeks, I've received quite a collection of really good questions and haven't been as available as usual. Numerous among you have expressed "concern" and while I get that the world order of BR has been emotionally dislodged by the approach to the V-22S, I figured I'd drop in some spec-related info on the action.

As I believe most are aware, this action isn't intended solely for Benchrest, hence some pretty obvious differences, so my first hope is, everyone will recognize that the goals in it's design are a bit more far-reaching than would be construed as typical. Based on what I'm seeing, I expect performance in the BR circles will surprise more than a few.

There's been a lot of chatter and chest pounding about tenon size and other such things but the main thing is, I listened to shooters across many different disciplines to arrive at what this action is all about....emotions were not involved in the development. If I were to disregard some of the info I received and consider as important to the overall goals, I could have easily used a tenon that is seen more broadly across what's exclusively common to BR shooters. However, I've made it obvious that steering away from anecdotal info has served the V-22 incredibly well and in a short amount of time. In essence, everything has its place.

V-22S Features

● Same Physical Footprint as the Remington 700 Short Action
● Remington 700 Pinned Trigger Interface
● Six O?clock Ignition
● Vertical Sear Fire Control with Vudoo/Flavio BR-VS Trigger (angled cocking piece also available for use with other triggers)
● Three Lug, 60 Degree Bolt Lift
● Available in Right Bolt/Right Port, Right Bolt/Left Port, Left Bolt/Left Port and Left Bolt/Right Port
● Toolless Bolt Assembly/Disassembly
● Complete Color-Coded Mainspring Kit (13 to 18 lb. force)
● Integral 11mm Dovetail Mount
● Unique Picatinny Rail available in 0, 20, 30 and 40 MOA
● .860 Base Screw Spacing for All Currently Available Mounts/Rails

This action does not use a trigger hanger, but instead, the fire control is adjustable/tunable in a couple of different ways. Since one can use my trigger or any of the other available pinned interface triggers, there are six different springs included so you can more finely tune while also being able to adjust hand-off, pin fall, etc.

What has been interesting to watch is the reaction to the bolt assembly from many that have handled this action. It requires no tools to disassemble/reassemble and when I demonstrated this more recently, I was asked, "where are the shims?" Well, there are no shims in the bolt assembly or anywhere else in the action.

Thanks,
MB

Last edited:
No I don't smartass. That is why I'm asking . I am new and am sick of asking questions and getting smartass answers. Honestly, this benchrest crowd is a bit testy and doesn't seem like the kinda 'fun' I was looking to get into. I'll just stop asking and u can Gfy. I am a keystroke from calling and cancelling my order because of the elitist, egotistical mentality that I was not prepared to face in this discipline.
A lesson in how NOT to promote a sport to new shooters and keep it the good ole boys club. Ridicule every new person coming in. You can keep that cause I sure don't need it. The world the way it is today, I sure as hell don't need something else to stress over. I guess I'd you eat enough of your own,the future competition is less and less. You would think with the way gun control is always looming and the newer generations completely ignoring the shooting sports, organizations would be a little more inviting. Man, did I miss that mark. Not something I care to be a part of.
But Vudoo as a company...you guys are phenomenal.

Last edited:
Thank you Mike.

The Vudoo company and Jill and Mike and other persons I have dealt with are the most user friendly experiences that I have ever been fortunate enough to deal with. I'm really looking forward to my rifle. I think I have rapped my head around this new special rifle enough to be comfortable.

Thanks again.

No I don't smartass. That is why I'm asking . I am new and am sick of asking questions and getting smartass answers. Honestly, this benchrest crowd is a bit testy and doesn't seem like the kinda 'fun' I was looking to get into. I'll just stop asking and u can Gfy. I am a keystroke from calling and cancelling my order.

Don’t get discouraged. There’s a handful of .22br guys (who admittedly shoot well) who no one’s ever heard of except the other part of the handful. They tend to be assholes for no real reason except some weird self importance based on being successful in about the smallest niche in the entire shooting community (hence no one knowing or caring who they are).

The other hundreds and thousands realize this is a hobby and have fun.

Any of the handful that decide to act here the way they do on other forums won’t last long.

No I don't smartass. That is why I'm asking . I am new and am sick of asking questions and getting smartass answers. Honestly, this benchrest crowd is a bit testy and doesn't seem like the kinda 'fun' I was looking to get into. I'll just stop asking and u can Gfy. I am a keystroke from calling and cancelling my order.

10Ring, the BR world has been quite emotional for a little while now as I've dealt with more than a few that haven't missed an opportunity to "put me in my place" all over the internet as I've used math in place of anecdotal info to support sound engineering practices. They, not surprisingly, lack supporting criteria as they decree that the V-22S can, in no way, perform on par with what they've been using.

Mind you, a CPA, a chicken farmer and a host of others that have no intellectual basis to understand what I'm saying, bellow as the voice of authority that regurgitates the same tall tales and when challenged with mathematical fact, can only become more angry. I've welcomed them here in hopes they'd see what this community is really all about and, as you've so accurately described it elsewhere, the middle school antics continue....so much so, that I believe they really want to remain "exclusive."

My ask is, please be patient and trust that this will all come together in a way that best serves this community. What you're seeing from a few BR guys is the same exact thing I dealt with from others prior to launching the original V-22 repeater; A LOT of people telling me I was wrong and could never make it work, blah, blah, blah. Well, what have we all been part of for the last three plus years? The Vudoo repeater platforms continue to dominate and all we need is a little time for the V-22S to do what it's gonna do. I get it you and others are frustrated and you should be, but I have plenty of reason to believe that's what some are after. I won't stop dealing with it, defending what we're doing, etc., even when it's embarrassing to wallow with the pigs, so to speak.

Hang in there Dude,
MB

Last edited:
Don’t get discouraged. There’s a handful of .22br guys (who admittedly shoot well) who no one’s ever heard of except the other part of the handful. They tend to be assholes for no real reason except some weird self importance based on being successful in about the smallest niche in the entire shooting community (hence no one knowing or caring who they are).

The other hundreds and thousands realize this is a hobby and have fun.

Any of the handful that decide to act here the way they do on other forums won’t last long.

Could not agree more. When I joined this forum I thought “reloading” meant resting up for another go in the sack. Now, three years later I consider myself a quite adequate reloader, perhaps even proficient. I got there by practicing, reading everything I could, watching every YouTube video that existed and asking a lot of questions here. Some dumb ones and some, in hindsight, insightful ones. 99% of the people on this forum are decent, regular guys who shoot for fun and are more than happy to help out a novice.

The point being, you could name the best .22 Bench Rest shooters in the world and I wouldn’t recognize a single name. I’m sure they would all be great guys, but frankly I could give two-shits (and no doubt they would feel the same about me). Just enjoy the sport for what it is, if you’re going to compete have fun doing it, but most important just make sure you are having fun. At the end of the day that’s really the whole point. You will figure out very quickly who to listen to and who to ignore on this forum ;)

Thank you Mike.

The Vudoo company and Jill and Mike and other persons I have dealt with are the most user friendly experiences that I have ever been fortunate enough to deal with. I'm really looking forward to my rifle. I think I have rapped my head around this new special rifle enough to be comfortable.

Thanks again.

You're quite welcome and thanks for sticking with me as things have unfolded. The schedule has been quite dynamic and a lot has been happening with the action in a really short amount of time....lots of moving parts and parallel paths to bring all this together.

MB

I have a sizable bet placed that the V22S's, with bipods and rear bags, will take the top spots in the 6 x 5 Challenge at all distances. A smaller bet in doing so without a tuner. Dudes, the only competition that really matters is the 6 x 5.;)

All....I haven't posted here up to now...just an interested observer so far. As some of you know (and hopefully more of you will), I got into making stocks a couple of years ago. If you go to any major tournament you'll see my stocks in the unlimited BR sanctions. They're not particularly flashy but I'm pretty proud of them. I've received quite a few phone calls from folks inquiring about putting this new V-22S in my stocks and I have several confirmed orders. I just wanted to post a quick picture of the first two I have in the process....just waiting for barreled actions from Mike and company so I can inlet and bed them and complete the rifle.
The black one is my "high-profile" design and the other is the "low-profile" version. Both are made from a VERY dense, stable, laminate birch material called Dymalux and are about 31" long. The high profile version weighs about 7 pounds and the low profile version weighs about 5.5 pounds when completed. I'll post more info as we get further down the road.
20200809_154243.jpg

I have a sizable bet placed that the V22S's, with bipods and rear bags, will take the top spots in the 6 x 5 Challenge at all distances. A smaller bet in doing so without a tuner. Dudes, the only competition that really matters is the 6 x 5.;)

This is good stuff Rick....

MB

All....I haven't posted here up to now...just an interested observer so far. As some of you know (and hopefully more of you will), I got into making stocks a couple of years ago. If you go to any major tournament you'll see my stocks in the unlimited BR sanctions. They're not particularly flashy but I'm pretty proud of them. I've received quite a few phone calls from folks inquiring about putting this new V-22S in my stocks and I have several confirmed orders. I just wanted to post a quick picture of the first two I have in the process....just waiting for barreled actions from Mike and company so I can inlet and bed them and complete the rifle.
The black one is my "high-profile" design and the other is the "low-profile" version. Both are made from a VERY dense, stable, laminate birch material called Dymalux and are about 31" long. The high profile version weighs about 7 pounds and the low profile version weighs about 5.5 pounds when completed. I'll post more info as we get further down the road.
View attachment 7394709

Hey Randy, thanks for posting....those stocks are beautiful. I have guys reaching out regularly to let me know you'll be making their stock; I've seen them up close and personal and you're doing awesome work. I'll be in touch this week with what you need to get these inletted. Let me know if you need anything else.

MB

Reactions: Ranger007
10Ring. Please don't get discouraged!!! First of all let me start by saying this: Many of you earlier in this post saw the name BBRS. Many have asked, now I am finally posting on this forum. I am 10 years into this, have followed many forums and so often I have seen the new upcoming people get discouraged by all the propaganda and politics. I have never engaged, always choose to take the high road. After reading this I felt like it was time to jump in. First of all, this is about creating something that is as good for the newcomer as it is the seasoned veteran. After all if there are no newcomers, where will we be once the veterans are gone? Before anyone asks, yes I have competed. Yes, I have competed with some of the best in this sport. Did I set any records? No! The best didn't get to the top overnight. They all had to start at the bottom and work their way to the top. Just keep in mind, the guy that you are talking down to today could be the guy at the top tomorrow!!! Just my 2 cents worth!!!!

Jamie

View attachment 7394709
R:

Nice looking stocks but there is no adjustable cheek rest because, I presume, one is not needed. Does one read the wind, point the sight at the appropriate AP, reread the wind to confirm conditions have not changed significantly and break the shot?

Thanks for any intel.

10Ring. Please don't get discouraged!!! First of all let me start by saying this: Many of you earlier in this post saw the name BBRS. Many have asked, now I am finally posting on this forum. I am 10 years into this, have followed many forums and so often I have seen the new upcoming people get discouraged by all the propaganda and politics. I have never engaged, always choose to take the high road. After reading this I felt like it was time to jump in. First of all, this is about creating something that is as good for the newcomer as it is the seasoned veteran. After all if there are no newcomers, where will we be once the veterans are gone? Before anyone asks, yes I have competed. Yes, I have competed with some of the best in this sport. Did I set any records? No! The best didn't get to the top overnight. They all had to start at the bottom and work their way to the top. Just keep in mind, the guy that you are talking down to today could be the guy at the top tomorrow!!! Just my 2 cents worth!!!!

Jamie

Thanks Jamie, I appreciate you jumping in, and thank you, again, for working with my Son at the BP150 in Buck Creek. He stills talks about how nice you were. What I watched as you two worked together is what this is all about.

For those of you that aren't aware, Jamie makes the stocks for Ivan and they're top tier. If you look back at the prototype rifle pics in this thread, that's Jamie's stock.

MB

R:

Nice looking stocks but there is no adjustable cheek rest because, I presume, one is not needed. Does one read the wind, point the sight at the appropriate AP, reread the wind to confirm conditions have not changed significantly and break the shot?

Thanks for any intel.
That is correct. In the unlimited BR class, the less you come in contact with the rifle, the better. Read the wind, line up the crosshairs, wait for the right wind conditions....and touch the trigger.

Gonna go ahead and nip this early.

This forum/thread will NOT turn into the arrogant elitist type like other forums out there. Be helpful or be gone. This site has thousands of shooters looking to expand their knowledge and will not turn into twenty people no one knows talking down to them.

This is a general statement to anyone migrating from other forums.

So referring to an answer as “arrogant, & elitist” by a mod is somehow the way to go.
and FWIW unlike most I use my name, easy to track down, came here because of the general lack of any BR facts here, if you feel that doesn’t work For you, happy to leave.
And, for the record, the “ like other forums” may strike some potentially a bit arrogant, and/or elitist.

P.S. You had a multi time national/world champion shooter weighing in here, sharing information and suffering a few “ who the hell are you “ type responses, only to leave.....your lose.
seems like the moderation might be a tad uneven.

My apology, regarding the question.
In point of fact...yes they have been and still are.
once you realize the fundamental issue.... all barrels are not created equal, even from the best shops.

No I don't smartass. That is why I'm asking . I am new and am sick of asking questions and getting smartass answers. Honestly, this benchrest crowd is a bit testy and doesn't seem like the kinda 'fun' I was looking to get into. I'll just stop asking and u can Gfy. I am a keystroke from calling and cancelling my order because of the elitist, egotistical mentality that I was not prepared to face in this discipline.
A lesson in how NOT to promote a sport to new shooters and keep it the good ole boys club. Ridicule every new person coming in. You can keep that cause I sure don't need it. The world the way it is today, I sure as hell don't need something else to stress over. I guess I'd you eat enough of your own,the future competition is less and less. You would think with the way gun control is always looming and the newer generations completely ignoring the shooting sports, organizations would be a little more inviting. Man, did I miss that mark. Not something I care to be a part of.
But Vudoo as a company...you guys are phenomenal.
Nobody understands this any better than I, for nine years now I have constantly been told this or that could not be done. Then when I did it they would act like it never happened. Now they are even coming over here on this site trying to create havoc the best they know how. It's O.K. don't worry there are a lot of good guys out there that will help you. You are very much welcome to come join us, I'll help you any way I can. You can look up anyone's history and their shooting success on ARA, IR 50/50 and the PSL. That will give you a good idea who to pay attention to and who with no success is blowing their own horn.

Ivan Wells