• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo V-22S Single Shot BR/F-Class Action

Thanks Mike. It may have to go as soon as I receive my Vudoo.

Out of the box, the Turbo needs A LOT of work....

MB

Michael, shame on you. Not an entirely objective opinion.:unsure:
They do, particularly early ones, benefit from some blueprinting but I don’t know about A LOT.
Bolt lift is harder but much of that is spring related.

They do, particularly early ones, benefit from some blueprinting but I don’t know about A LOT.

I hear ya Timothy, but I never say anything that I can't truly speak to without tons of personal experience. As such, the membership here is more important to me than having these guys embark on a path that otherwise could have been avoided.

MB

Last edited:
I messed with 2 of them at my smith’s shop a few weeks back and it took a act of God to open the bolt and dang near the same act to close it..I asked my smith if he was really going to build a gun for someone off those actions and he said hell no not until he figured out how to get the bolt lift tolerable..just saying

I messed with 2 of them at my smith’s shop a few weeks back and it took a act of God to open the bolt and dang near the same act to close it..I asked my smith if he was really going to build a gun for someone off those actions and he said hell no not until he figured out how to get the bolt lift tolerable..just saying
Based purely on how many in the field winning big time matches I would say....A. Bullshit and B. Based on what you were told.....find a knowledgable gunsmith, he’s not working with a freaking nuclear warhead here.

Based purely on how many in the field winning big time matches I would say....A. Bullshit and B. Based on what you were told.....find a knowledgable gunsmith, he’s not working with a freaking nuclear warhead here.

Tim, you're actually illustrating his point, so its not BS. Also, the "number in the field" isn't actually relative given the actions require a gunsmith to fix out of the box issues, which is actually what we're discussing here. And don't forget, there are only two manufacturers playing in an incredibly confined market, so comparatively, the "numbers" are really small.

Lastly, he stated he felt them for himself and simply asked a question, which was answered by the gunsmith in the room, whom you have no idea of knowing who he is....so he very well could be one of the "knowledgeable gunsmiths" you're referring to. I certainly know what a number of knowledgable gunsmiths think about the Turbos....

MB

Reactions: Luke22:36
Tim, you're actually illustrating his point, so its not BS. Also, the "number in the field" isn't actually relative given the actions require a gunsmith to fix out of the box issues, which is actually what we're discussing here. And don't forget, there are only two manufacturers playing in an incredibly confined market, so comparatively, the "numbers" are really small.

Lastly, he stated he felt them for himself and simply asked a question, which was answered by the gunsmith in the room, whom you have no idea of knowing who he is....so he very well could be one of the "knowledgeable gunsmiths" you're referring to. I certainly know what a number of knowledgable gunsmiths think about the Turbos....

MB

Had a friend (God rest his soul) who bought a Turbo. He brought it to one of our matches. Didn't even finish his card with it. Went back to his 40X. He said the action "sucked". That's my limited experience with Turbo's, not that that's a very good cross-section.....

Just sayin'

MB
At the risk of sounding pesky, he said HIS gunsmith in HIS shop had to figure it out.
This is well known and not particularly complicated so if his guy has to “figure” something......he has the wrong guy. Shit, there’s only two areas involved, spring and camming ramp angles, maybe three if you want to throw in polishing a couple surfaces
Hell, I’m no gunsmith and I’ve done a couple.
Hard is a relative term, especially for a guy new to rimfire BR actions. Right out of the box you can lift the relatively short handle with one finger without disturbing the gun in the bags, both with the 3 lug and 2.....right out of the box. I’ve tested them that way.....zero mods.
Lastly the numbers are not really that small compounding the accumulated years guys have been using them, and there are a fair number out.
my point is, and I assume he’s talking D’iorio, they’re in the field and winning big, 2 &3 luggers.

AND, you pretty much know who I have had as my primary who will only work with 2500’s last few years, because historically, the single solitary action requiring nothing., why not, but there is always gonna be the PAS-SAP bullshit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bullet Pusher
At the risk of sounding pesky, he said HIS gunsmith in HIS shop had to figure it out.
This is well known and not particularly complicated so if his guy has to “figure” something......he has the wrong guy. Shit, there’s only two areas involved, spring and camming ramp angles, maybe three if you want to throw in polishing a couple surfaces
Hard is a relative term, especially for a guy new to rimfire BR actions. Right out of the box you can lift the relatively short handle with one finger without disturbing the gun in the bags, both with the 3 lug and 2.....right out of the box. I’ve tested them that way.....zero mods.
Lastly the numbers are not really that small compounding the accumulated years guys have been using them, and there are a fair number out.
my point is, and I assume he’s talking D’iorio, they’re in the field and winning big, 2 &3 luggers.

Tim, you still don't know who "his" gunsmith is and I gotta ask, how do you refer to "your" gunsmith in the course of conversation? Do you simply say, "I asked some guy in the room that I believe to be a gunsmith?" You're really reaching here to defend something that has no defensible space....all for the sake of what? To be the smartest guy on the internet?

The statement was made that the bolt lift is horrible (paraphrasing) and I happen to know based on my own experience that the bolt lift is horrible, regardless of what anyone's self rationalization is to make it ok that the bolt lift is horrible. You've also confirmed through various statements that the bolt lift is horrible, so saying it has to be looked at by a "knowledgable gunsmith" changes nothing. The "number" winning matches changes nothing. Who has polished this or that changes nothing....the bolt lift is still horrible. That's the point that was made and arguing it is a waste of time.

MB

Last edited:
Dont know about all this .But called vudoo this am and got a audio message about moving. I just wanted to know when my rifle would be done?

Dont know about all this .But called vudoo this am and got a audio message about moving. I just wanted to know when my rifle would be done?

Major shop move going on right now. All the machines are relocated and most are up and running, the phones and internet are back online, so give us another day or so to get everything back in good running order. Lots of new stuff to work through in the new space....

MB

Reactions: JimTN and GTI
Tim, you still don't know who "his" gunsmith is and I gotta ask, how do you refer to "your" gunsmith in the course of conversation? Do you simply say, "I asked some guy in the room that I believe to be a gunsmith?" You're really reaching here to defend something that has no defensible space....all for the sake of what? To be the smartest guy on the internet?

The statement was made that the bolt lift is horrible (paraphrasing) and I happen to know based on my own experience that the bolt lift is horrible, regardless of what anyone's self rationalization is to make it ok that the bolt lift is horrible. You've also confirmed through various statements that the bolt lift is horrible, so saying it has to be looked at by a "knowledgable gunsmith" changes nothing. The "number" winning matches changes nothing. Who has polished this or that changes nothing....the bolt lift is still horrible. That's the point that was made and arguing it is a waste of time.

MB

the single reason I referred to mine is as a reference, that does not use them currently, i.e. don’t really have a horse in the race, other than to be factual.
They are not horrible...not ideal...but.
Yours, quite nice. In the scheme of things this is how important? Not very.
Last I heard, these actions, or any other in this space, get bought for how they perform in competition
And I do shoot a 10X-3 lug which is essentially the same.

the single reason I referred to mine is as a reference, that does not use them currently, i.e. don’t really have a horse in the race, other than to be factual.
They are not horrible...not ideal...but.
Yours, quite nice. In the scheme of things this is how important? Not very.
And I do shot a 10X-3 lug which is essentially the same.

Agreed, Timothy, not important.

Not ideal, horrible; all a matter of how we grade things, which is always subjective....like triggers.

Happy New Year.

MB

AND, you pretty much know who I have had as my primary who will only work with 2500’s last few years, because historically, the single solitary action requiring nothing., why not, but there is always gonna be the PAS-SAP bullshit.
That’s pretty much what he said he had to do to it..sorry to ruin your day..oh trust me he knows his way around rimfire rifles.I just don’t know why someone spends a $1000 or so on something that needs to be worked on hell that’s like buying a new vehicle and having to work on the engine right off the bat so you can drive it.

That’s pretty much what he said he had to do to it..sorry to ruin your day..oh trust me he knows his way around rimfire rifles.I just don’t know why someone spends a $1000 or so on something that needs to be worked on hell that’s like buying a new vehicle and having to work on the engine right off the bat so you can drive it.

I think you missed the point there champion.
If the smith doesn’t already know the requirements, he knows less than you assume.
Did ‘nt ruin my day, I’m not paying for my gunsmith to learn on my equipment.
And as an FWI, the vast majority of high level winning guns have actions “ blueprinted” to some degree with the exception of one, single solitary mfr.

In reference to the last 10-20 posts, not quoting or calling anyone out, but we shall see the impact the new V22S will have in the competitive market. I am brand new to this discipline so can't speak knowledgeably about any other action but with Vudoo bringing a quality product, backed by their already proven track record in other disciplines, Im betting you are going to see a bunch in the winner's circles in the upcoming seasons. With quality product, it's going to be relative to the number of builds in the field.

Anyone that as a new V22S have a bore guide? If so where did you get it and what is the model number?

My V22 guide does not work and none of my other 22 rod guides for various guide work.

Has anyone tried the Cutting Edge high bc 22lr Bullets? Seems they could be a good fit for the vudoo s for long range.

Anyone that as a new V22S have a bore guide? If so where did you get it and what is the model number?

My V22 guide does not work and none of my other 22 rod guides for various guide work.
I ordered a BoreTech rod guide from VGW when I placed the order for the V-22S action. Works fine in my V-22 repeaters, and with a simple switch of the screw location, it also works great in the V-22S.

Has anyone tried the Cutting Edge high bc 22lr Bullets? Seems they could be a good fit for the vudoo s for long range.
They are a pipe dream at this point to get into the public hands

New member here: Gilbert from Canada.
Been shooting informally but seriously rimfire BR for some years, mainly Anschutz ( 54.30 and 1411 ) and, after a few communications with Mike Bush, I just ordered a V22S barrelled action. I am very excited and eager to see how it shoots

New member here: Gilbert from Canada.
Been shooting informally but seriously rimfire BR for some years, mainly Anschutz ( 54.30 and 1411 ) and, after a few communications with Mike Bush, I just ordered a V22S barrelled action. I am very excited and eager to see how it shoots

UPS dropped the PQP Precision joystick one-piece rest off here a few days ago. I'm so ready for some decent weather & conditions so I can get out with the V-22S & new rest! Also need to get a set of taller rings I have moved over onto this rifle. Had to make a shorter return stop for the PQP, as the one supplied with it was a bit more than .250" too tall, so the bbl was resting on the top of the stop due to the very shallow depth of the Kestros' forend. Could've just shortened the supplied stop, but had a short piece of 7/8" 6061 T6 rod lying right there, so spent a few minutes making a new stop,

Attachments

• DSC_0270.JPG
    DSC_0270.JPG
    405.5 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
UPS dropped the PQP Precision one-piece rest off here a few days ago. I'm so ready for some decent weather & conditions so I can get out with the V-22S & new rest! Also need to get a set of taller rings I have moved over onto this rifle. Had to make a shorter return stop for the PQP, as the one supplied with it was a bit more than .250" too tall, so the bbl was resting on the top of the stop due to the very shallow depth of the Kestros' forend. Could've just shortened the supplied stop, but had a short piece of 7/8" 6061 T6 rod lying right there, so spent a few minutes making a new stop,

What front top did you put on your PQP?

Nice looking set up, hope it shoots good for you.

Jim, I went with the fuzz button top. Seemed like a good idea to try one. I've been pretty pleased with the way it's shooting so far - posted photos of a few groups back on post #1124.

Gillis - The V-22S bbl is a Shilen R5 contour, just a tad lighter than the R0 blanks VGW is using.

Reactions: JimTN
For those of you that have typically communicated with me via FB, I’ll be deleting my personal account within the next few days. For the time being, the VGW pages will remain.

Please continue to reach out to me here or shoot an email to [email protected]. For those of you that have my cell number, shoot a text or find me on WhatsApp.

Thanks,
MB

I'm shooting an older lot of Center-X from about four years ago. I'd ordered in several lot samples of Center-X, which were delivered in a timely fashion. But a combination of important farm work & lousy weather kept me from doing the testing of these samples for a few weeks, and by the time I'd been able to test them in a couple of jelrod-converted 40X repeaters - and found a really good lot among the ones tested - there was no more of that lot to be found at any of the dealers/wholesale jobbers I usually bought from. So I settled for seven bricks of the 2nd best lot, and it turns out to shoot better in the V-22S's Shilen than anything else I currently have on hand.

CONGRATULATIONS! Mine was also due Jan11. No email yet.....
Mike B Congratulations on the new move. That Factory Hot Rod of yours is a good looking rifle. Lets see some additional targets shot outdoors by you at 50 and 100yds. That rifle looks like something I would like to try for 100yd benchrest. Have to wait on the wife's approval before ordering.

Reactions: RAVAGE88
Mike B Congratulations on the new move. That Factory Hot Rod of yours is a good looking rifle. Lets see some additional targets shot outdoors by you at 50 and 100yds. That rifle looks like something I would like to try for 100yd benchrest. Have to wait on the wife's approval before ordering.

Who said, "It's better to ask for forgiveness than to get permission"........(lol)

Reactions: ccollier
I couldn't stand it - had to take the new PQP joystick rest out yesterday afternoon and see what I thought of it with the V-22S. We had a blistering high temp of 35*F, along with a heavy overcast, but not even a trace of a breeze. This was the first time I'd ever shot off a one-pc rest or one with a joystick, and I think I'm spoiled already. Adjusted the front rest top to hold the Kestros stock pretty steady, and since I'd swapped-out the low rings for high ones, proceeded to re-zero the 45x45 scope. Aimed at the top of the aiming diamond on the Group 1 bull, fired one shot, then adjusted the scope to move the crosshair dot to the point of impact, which was 1-1/4" right & 3/4" low, then fired four more rounds, making fine adjustments as the group formed. So wound up with 35rds on the 1st target, 30 on the 2nd, and an additional 25 on an ARA 25-bull target. Rifle shot some very decent groups on the 6x5 Rimfire Challenge targets - with a few exceptions - which could very well have been my fault, or a combination of my hiccups & the cold. Things went downhill fast on the ARA target though, which again could've been my inexperience with the joystick, or the cold having a negative effect on bore fouling, or whatever... At any rate, my trigger finger was getting a little numb by that time, so I packed it in and went back indoors to a warm shop to clean the rifle while having a cold Bud Light - after I'd put a pot full of chili on the stove to warm up.

Shot the 1st target with a lot# of Center-X that hadn't previously shot very well out of the Shilen, but it actually shot at least as well as the lot# that's been shooting better - in warmer temps. Should've tried some Polar Biathlon just to see how it did, but like I said, trigger finger was getting a little numb to expect good control with a trigger set at around 2oz. I did notice that it took a couple of wet patches to get the rough-feeling fouling out of the bore, while one is usually all it takes when shooting in warmer temps. We're supposed to be seeing temps in the 50s & possibly even the lower 60s over the next few days, so if possible, I'll take the V-22S back out and see how the two lots of Center-X compare to each other in warmer conditions.

Attachments

• DSC_0272.JPG
    DSC_0272.JPG
    323 KB · Views: 178
  • DSC_0273.JPG
    DSC_0273.JPG
    332.1 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
What is wrong with the current repeater they offer w/ regards to PRS 22?

Nothing "wrong" with it at all, but all things being equal, many people prefer and are looking forward to a 60* bolt lift version of the V22 repeater.

Nothing "wrong" with it at all, but all things being equal, many people prefer and are looking forward to a 60* bolt lift version of the V22 repeater.

I thought MB said that there was no plans for this as of now. Maybe I misunderstood.
Gjmen22

I thought MB said that there was no plans for this as of now. Maybe I misunderstood.
Gjmen22

I don't want to clutter up the SS thread, but I personally have never heard MB publicly say "no" with regards to a 60* repeater. Pretty much crickets when asked. My $$ is on a bit more time...

That's my Factory Hot Rod with a Muller barrel.

MB
Mike B Look at pictures of you at Ivans--check the target you posted with the others pics. Note locate bull #2 then check verticle shots down. All x's!!! Tip when you see this pattern, changing your shooting sequence to vertical 2,7,12,17 & 22 then move over and shoot verticle up 23,18,13,8,3 may give you better results.
Mike is Vudoo's price for Ivans BBRS stock the same as for a Mcmillian, please?

I'm hoping for this also!
I believe I heard Mike state in a video to use this platform to express what we would like to see. It nice to see the interest in the 60 degree repeater. I think the response will be overwhelming if they are able to release such an action.