• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo V-22S Single Shot BR/F-Class Action

I suppose there is no big secret here. i msg’d Steven because he asked me a question.
John Langley is a top flight guy, built several top flight comp guns.
Mark Penrod, same, as well as very good shooter.
It is no secret I have mostly used Gordon Eck. Due to some health issues he is not really active, big loss to the sport.
There are a good 1/2 dozen others.......do a few searches.

I suppose there is no big secret here. i msg’d Steven because he asked me a question.
John Langley is a top flight guy, built several top flight comp guns.
Mark Penrod, same, as well as very good shooter.
It is no secret I have mostly used Gordon Eck. Due to some health issues he is not really active, big loss to the sport.
There are a good 1/2 dozen others.......do a few searches.
Ok, I appreciate you being forthcoming to direct questions asked openly, as that's the purpose of this thread and others. Also, I believe there's a common assumption that certain bits and pieces of info are common knowledge, but, that's not the case, so I asked because I knew how many here would react. The community here obviously has an interest in the discipline for which this thread exists, but they're tuned in here vs elsewhere for various reasons.

Thanks Tim, the info you shared is hugely helpful for all the right reasons....

MB

Reactions: Ranger007
Well, this is, for lack of a better description, kind of a benchrest community in it’s infancy, if that ‘s a thing.
Lots of guys here have a budding appetite for BR and related information but misinformation also exists, as is the case with forums anywhere/everywhere, the biggest, unfortunately, is the mistaken impression that forum stuff, anywhere, relates directly to the sport and community of benchrest shooting and it really doesn’t in large part. It is astonishing how many avoid actual shooting participation based on forum exposure.
You’d be simply amazed how many forum gurus have never been to any match as well as how many truly accomplished shooters simply are never heard from on forums resulting in a huge loss of knowledge.
Some guys are simply thin skinned as well.
Me....I talked for a living, I’d like to think I share, and I’m usually in the ballpark about what I put up, as well as being sarcastic, not suffering fools,and willing to drive home a point.
I have helped, and will help, countless shooters, new, good, and everywhere in between and enjoy it as well.
I am recently here because, while it remains to be seen the final results of ANY new equipment addition, ALL new entries should be encouraged and welcomed, lots of subjective opinion has been posted everywhere but the large body of competitive shooters will tend to gravitate towards ANYTHING that works in this environment, but try and remember that the entirety of RFBR is no secret, closed society requiring a secret handshake you simply have to do a little homework, put in some effort,LISTEN, LEARN, develop a few networking skills and have a little fun.

Well, this is, for lack of a better description, kind of a benchrest community in it’s infancy, if that ‘s a thing.
Lots of guys here have a budding appetite for BR and related information but misinformation also exists, as is the case with forums anywhere/everywhere, the biggest, unfortunately, is the mistaken impression that forum stuff, anywhere, relates directly to the sport and community of benchrest shooting and it really doesn’t in large part. It is astonishing how many avoid actual shooting participation based on forum exposure.
You’d be simply amazed how many forum gurus have never been to any match as well as how many truly accomplished shooters simply are never heard from on forums resulting in a huge loss of knowledge.
Me....I talked for a living, I’d like to think I share, and I’m usually in the ballpark about what I put up, as well as being sarcastic, not suffering fools,and willing to drive home a point.
I have helped, and will help, countless shooters, new, good, and everywhere in between and enjoy it as well.
I am recently here because, while it remains to be seen the final results of ANY new equipment addition, ALL new entries should be encouraged and welcomed, lots of subjective opinion has been posted everywhere but the large body of competitive shooters will tend to gravitate towards ANYTHING that works in this environment, but try and remember that the entirety of RFBR is no secret, closed society requiring a secret handshake you simply have to do a little homework, put in some effort,LISTEN, LEARN, develop a few networking skills and have a little fun.
There's a lot to respond to here, but not really any need to do so. What I'll say though, is most forms of information are a matter of perspective and there are many different perspectives. To say that something is "misinformation" has to be qualified by the claimant in a way that adds value and provides an opportunity for all to benefit from, otherwise, people tune out. Then when someone presents evidence that the claimant is wrong, the opportunity for growth is still present, it's now though on the other foot. Choices and consequences....

MB

Reactions: GTI
Thank you Stephen, guys like you are why I chose to make the V-22S and I'll continue to say that. Now, I find myself in a difficult place as it relates to the expectations above that I hold myself to, how we operate Vudoo and what I'd like to see as a greater contribution to those we're committed to in this community....more specifically of those "tenets" is honesty and standing ones ground when the dialogue adds no value or is misguided.

Tony---Absolutely
Ivan---Without a doubt
Bush---Take it for what it's worth
McDonald---No question, spoke to him for a while this morning
Stiller---Questionable, just being honest for the sake of what's true.

You posted a question here yesterday about the PQP trigger and I gave you a complete answer, didn't hold anything back (never will) and some didn't like it; but it was totally true. The first reply to that response to you was deleted, no big deal. But, shortly thereafter, Jerry replied with a "clarification" to what I said that perfectly illustrates why I started this dialogue.

As I said in my response to him, what he chose to state was true, but completely self-serving; he didn't provide what could be very important to you in the long run. So, I added more detail and can easily back it up and the same info was posted on his sight a year ago....by me, with a number of people there in total agreement with my findings. This is the bad example I'm referring to, so be careful with what some represent as "good information." Again, there will be some that won't like what I'm saying in this response to you, but my level of disclosure will increase because of the importance of what this means in the long run.

MB
As for misinformation....

Mike, what exactly about me is "Questionable"? Your statement above that what I stated was "completely self serving" makes no sense to me at all. I have NO ties to that trigger whatsoever other than buying them from KSS. I get nothing from them selling etc. There is nothing there to "serve me" in any way. In addition, I have never given poor advice on this forum, talked bad about your products or been anything but helpful to the people on this site. I think that statement is plain BS and poor behavior to say the least. This is what causes people that have knowledge to just walk away and not want to help. I know you believe you are the foremost expert in everything rimfire, but there may be a few others out there that can add to what the people here want to know.

The poster asked about the PQP trigger function. You answered that it has a questionable source and I agreed. That in itself does not answer his question. My response was that "I" have had no issues with it and agreed with your information on where it comes from. I have probably used more of these than any other person, therefore felt qualified to give him that information. I did and still use them, along with Jewels and BnA. There have been a few issues with BnA lately, so I have moved to the PQP.

I'm not really interested in your response, but just feel the community needs to hear my part of the story and reiterate I have NOTHING to do with PQP triggers other than being a customer.

There's a lot to respond to here, but not really any need to do so. What I'll say though, is most forms of information are a matter of perspective and there are many different perspectives. To say that something is "misinformation" has to be qualified by the claimant in a way that adds value and provides an opportunity for all to benefit from, otherwise, people tune out. Then when someone presents evidence that the claimant is wrong, the opportunity for growth is still present, it's now though on the other foot. Choices and consequences....

MB

Most???? Well I would probably disagree and while pointless to have a running debate, I’d offer a couple examples.
Cleaning.... in particular a high level gun sporting a match SS barrel. Is it fact or opinion about the fact that frequent is established in the precision community and you need not look hard to find those that somehow believe “infrequent” to a large degree works for optimum performance. Some methodology gets frightening. Not to be overly critical here but in the not too distant past, your guys on your site had a comprehensive cleaning video with no boreguide nor one needed, and you had customers running around with their hair on fire insisting, not needed, etc., etc. I mean, sure, an unintended error....everybody makes them, but did it need any qualification by anybody? Since corrected.
Ammo...... lots of guys, even those intent on competing are convinced there is , in fact, acceptable substitutes for top flight stuff.
I have zero illusions for why lots “tune out” but often it has little to do with accuracy.

Last edited:
As for misinformation....

Mike, what exactly about me is "Questionable"? Your statement above that what I stated was "completely self serving" makes no sense to me at all. I have NO ties to that trigger whatsoever other than buying them from KSS. I get nothing from them selling etc. There is nothing there to "serve me" in any way. In addition, I have never given poor advice on this forum, talked bad about your products or been anything but helpful to the people on this site. I think that statement is plain BS and poor behavior to say the least. This is what causes people that have knowledge to just walk away and not want to help. I know you believe you are the foremost expert in everything rimfire, but there may be a few others out there that can add to what the people here want to know.

The poster asked about the PQP trigger function. You answered that it has a questionable source and I agreed. That in itself does not answer his question. My response was that "I" have had no issues with it and agreed with your information on where it comes from. I have probably used more of these than any other person, therefore felt qualified to give him that information. I did and still use them, along with Jewels and BnA. There have been a few issues with BnA lately, so I have moved to the PQP.

I'm not really interested in your response, but just feel the community needs to hear my part of the story and reiterate I have NOTHING to do with PQP triggers other than being a customer.
I appreciate the circle back Jerry, but like I said above, it's a matter of perspective and there's more than one. I don't think you want me taking your story apart, because that won't go well, so we'll leave your side of it (above) as is. As far as the comment about being an expert, I've never stated or written anything of the sort, but I can paste your words here....Again, you don't want me to disassemble your story....moving on.

MB

Last edited:
Reactions: DRACO
Most???? Well I would probably disagree and while pointless to have a running debate, I’d offer a couple examples.
Cleaning.... in particular a high level gun sporting a match SS barrel. Is it fact or opinion about the fact that frequent is established in the precision community and you need not look hard to find those that somehow believe “infrequent” to a large degree works for optimum performance. Some methodology gets frightening.
Ammo...... lots of guys, even those intent on competing are convinced there is , in fact, acceptable substitutes for top flight stuff.
I have zero illusions for why lots “tune out” but often it has little to do with accuracy.
Cleaning: Frequent, as it relates to the precision world, is an imperative.

Ammo: Not sure what you're saying.

But again, your challenge is to present your case as I stated above and if/when you're wrong, own it and move on....

MB

I appreciate the circle back Jerry, but like I said above, it's a matter of perspective and there's more than one. I don't think you want me taking your story apart, because that won't go well, so we'll leave your side of it (above) as is. As far as the comment about being an expert, I've never stated or written anything of the sort, but I can paste your words here....Again, you don't want me to disassemble your story....moving on.

MB
I'm more than a little biased because I consider Jerry to be one of the best friends I have in the shooting community. I also can't pick a name off the top of my head who has done more than Jerry to help others both here and worldwide.

With all due respect, I find your comment very disappointing for more than one reason. FWIW, that's my perspective.

Landy

It's does have a 1" bushing right now. I called Clint from Shooting for Perfection and ordered a coupler to start adding weight.
marks_a18138 I am in the process of planning/piecing together a V22S build and I have to admit I am intrigued with your rig. Would you mind posting the specs including the nifty rest?

I'm more than a little biased because I consider Jerry to be one of the best friends I have in the shooting community. I also can't pick a name off the top of my head who has done more than Jerry to help others both here and worldwide.

With all due respect, I find your comment very disappointing for more than one reason. FWIW, that's my perspective.

Landy
Thanks Landy, I do appreciate what you're saying and understand completely where you're coming from. Your own experience has led to your perspective, which is the case for everyone. My perspective is based on a different experience than yours and I authentically voiced it the same as you just did with me, which again, I appreciate. And, like you, I'm quite disappointed as well, but I don't veil my thoughts behind something that isn't real and represent them differently elsewhere....it will always be the same.

MB

Sir, I scored this whole thread, I certainly may have missed it. Did you post the specs of the “Hot Rod”?
Ya know, I think you're right, I don't recall the specs being in this thread. Since this thread started, there's a spec sheet that was assembled and it's best if you have that, so shoot me an email and I'll make sure you get the info.

MB

Reactions: 10ring1
Mike, you asked Tim to answer direct question on his Smiths list on here, so
please do the same regarding the "Hot Rod".
I fully intend to Pat, but the format of a four page spec sheet isn’t something I can post easily and I don’t plan to type out the entire thing in a post when I can email the PDF. It's not like I'm providing a few names of 'smiths....

Ranger has received the document via email as he asked via PM and I'll post the specs here when time allows, but it won't be this weekend. BTW, your new firing pin went out in this morning's mail.

MB

Last edited:
Thank you, Sir! I failed to realize you had anything to do but to type all the spects on here!!:D
Kidding aside, Thanks for the pin so fast.

Reactions: RAVAGE88
Thank you, Sir! I failed to realize you had anything to do but to type all the spects on here!!:D
Kidding aside, Thanks for the pin so fast.
No worries, Mister. I can email them to you if you like, or anyone for that matter until I can change the format and post in this thread. I'm not around during the weekend and traveling for a while starting Monday. Enjoy FL and I'll be in touch....

MB

Two steps closer to the rabbit hole
D236E694-5EC0-4965-AFBB-461B1E2B5425.jpeg

I had been meaning to ask and your photo reminded me, is that recoil lug pinned but removable ?

Curious if anyone has any experience with Precision Wood Crafting stocks particularly in for the V22S?

Curious if anyone has any experience with Precision Wood Crafting stocks particularly in for the V22S?

I don’t have a V22S but I have one of Randy’s stocks on my Holeshot 2500XS and I’m very happy with it. I was wondering if he was do a V22S version

Yep, a friend of mine just got a new stock for his V22s from Randy. He likes it very much! Call him, he is doing stocks for the V22s.

Winner, winner chicken dinner. Thank you sir! Is he also a member/post here?
I am a member here but haven't posted much. I'm currently working on 4 stocks for the V22s for the RFBR world. I'll try not to turn this into too much of an ad.....PM me if you need more information.

I am a member here but haven't posted much. I'm currently working on 4 stocks for the V22s for the RFBR world. I'll try not to turn this into too much of an ad.....PM me if you need more information.
Excellent sir!! Exactly what I am looking for. PM will be in-bound in the morning.

Tony,
The integral lug is a radius of .8125" with blending radii to properly fit the lug pocket in stocks and chassis systems.

V22S-4.jpg

V22S-3.jpg

MB
Thanks for the drawings. I assume the line around the front of the action ring is for appearance. When I got my first glimpse from another pic I thought the recoil lug was a separate piece. I now understand it is not. Very nice looking design.

If I haven't worn out my welcome could I ask for pics of the bolt? Thanks again.

TKH

Thanks for the drawings. I assume the line around the front of the action ring is for appearance. When I got my first glimpse from another pic I thought the recoil lug was a separate piece. I now understand it is not. Very nice looking design.

If I haven't worn out my welcome could I ask for pics of the bolt? Thanks again.

TKH
No worries. The line is there to blend the lug to the receiver based on the manufacturing process, so I guess one could say it's for appearance.

Not at all, Tony, you've not worn out your welcome. I'm on the move this week and will post SolidWorks renderings of the bolt assembly as well, but it'll take me a bit.

MB

No worries. The line is there to blend the lug to the receiver based on the manufacturing process, so I guess one could say it's for appearance.

Not at all, Tony, you've not worn out your welcome. I'm on the move this week and will post SolidWorks renderings of the bolt assembly as well, but it'll take me a bit.

MB
I hope I'm not poking my nose in where it is not needed/wanted but TKH may not have seen some of the early posts. Tony, check out #42 and #99. They may sate your curiosity until MB gets to your request.

KT

TKH
Here's a photo of a V-22S bolt assembly. Same one that's in #42

Attachments

• Vudoo Gun Works V-22S Bolt Assembly.jpg
    Vudoo Gun Works V-22S Bolt Assembly.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 91
I am a little slower getting my v22s assembled and out for public viewing but am happy with the end result. If good looks could win me matches I'd be ready for center stage.
Norm Asks: But does it go BANG???

And Magikhands replies: Of course it does but there's snow every place and it's too damn cold to go to the range!!

All in good time my friend, spring's just around the corner and the plague will fade into a memory some day.

I have asked for a Right Bolt/Left Port, Shilen/Flavio barreled action only. I am an amateur stock maker, so have that part covered. I am aware that the Shilin/Flavio combo will be a fair wait, but I have an Anschutz 1913 in a bench stock that is working well to keep me busy. I am a "retired" F Open shooter, and have taken up Rimfire BR, and really enjoying the challenge.

Out here, we also have a 200 yard bench match known as the "Fly" shoot using .22RF. It is also shot at 500 meters in Centre Fire.

It is a score and group shoot. Each detail is 3 sighters (any order) and 5 on the target to count. Score out of 50, group out of 10, possible score is 60.5, but to get an "x", you have to hit the "fly" . A shot between his legs, does not get you a "fly"

The Vudoo will be my Fly Gun

Have a look at the records