• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo V-22S Single Shot BR/F-Class Action

Thanks for that invaluable
10ring1
So far in the last 6 months I build 5 V22S and had FTF in the beginning, and did tried all the different springs, finally in the last 2 months we settle in the 16 lbs. spring, and with over 500 rounds in each one, so far no more FTF.
What I found out, is first you have to removed all the paint from the spring, it will flake off and creates a gunk between the spring and the firing pin bad enough to make it drag, and slow it enough to induce the FTF . Second the tolerance in the bolt assy. are so tight that it requires about 500 to 600 rounds for all the components to wear in and smooth themselves out.
So far all of the 5 rifles each have over 1,500 rounds fired, and no more FTF with either Lapua or Eley ammo. and all were chambered with a reamer set up for Lapua ammo.
Several matches have been fired with this rifles some ARA and some ABRA and doing pretty damm good. I won one ABRA 4 card match with a 196 198 198 198, another customer shot a two day ARA match and came in on 2nd. place againts 22 shooters.
The V22S has great potentials but it does takes over 1,000 rounds to get everything smooth out, and my two cents, stick with the 16 lbs. spring.
Evelio
Thanks for the invaluable info sir... I am going to replace the spring after removing the paint. Plan to leave the tuner on initially since I feel it is tuned to it's best, at least at this point.

10ring1
So far in the last 6 months I build 5 V22S and had FTF in the beginning, and did tried all the different springs, finally in the last 2 months we settle in the 16 lbs. spring, and with over 500 rounds in each one, so far no more FTF.
What I found out, is first you have to removed all the paint from the spring, it will flake off and creates a gunk between the spring and the firing pin bad enough to make it drag, and slow it enough to induce the FTF . Second the tolerance in the bolt assy. are so tight that it requires about 500 to 600 rounds for all the components to wear in and smooth themselves out.
So far all of the 5 rifles each have over 1,500 rounds fired, and no more FTF with either Lapua or Eley ammo. and all were chambered with a reamer set up for Lapua ammo.
Several matches have been fired with this rifles some ARA and some ABRA and doing pretty damm good. I won one ABRA 4 card match with a 196 198 198 198, another customer shot a two day ARA match and came in on 2nd. place againts 22 shooters.
The V22S has great potentials but it does takes over 1,000 rounds to get everything smooth out, and my two cents, stick with the 16 lbs. spring.
Evelio
Evelio,
here is a good lead concerning the surface of the spring, maybe an external polishing with a felt disc and chrome green without pressing too much to not heat up.
on the other hand it will be necessary to think of putting a label to reference the power of the spring after removal of the paint.

Still no news about the departure for France, V22S blocked at the FFL since May, I envy you all to be able to use yours.
jacques

Reactions: 10ring1
Would acetone remove the paint on the FP spring ????

Evelio, thanks for the tips and info.

Hello,

In the V22s system, once the bolt is removed, is the spring still compressed? If so, how can I put it at rest to avoid tiring it?
This question because in France we are forbidden to leave the bolt mounted on the case.

Hello,

In the V22s system, once the bolt is removed, is the spring still compressed? If so, how can I put it at rest to avoid tiring it?
This question because in France we are forbidden to leave the bolt mounted on the case.
Springs do not fatigue from static compression, only cycles of compression and expansion.

Reactions: GTI
Hello,

The V22S bolt will stay cock and the spring compressed any time you remove it from the action, the only way to relax the spring is to completely disassemble the bolt, like if you were to change springs. The way I do it, is to pull the trigger, and reinsert the bolt back on the action while the trigger is still depressed.
Since that is illegal in France, I would live the bolt cocked, I don't think that will affect the life of the spring.

Springs do not fatigue from static compression, only cycles of compression and expansion.

Reactions: flatland1
Got my V-22 S order finalized yesterday, and deposit mailed in today. LB/RP, 24" Shilen ratchet rifled barrel cut to slug length, , McMillan Edge stock, Flavio trigger, hope to see delivery in Jan. 2022. Since I shoot free recoil, I did not need the Kestros stock with it's adj. cheek rest and adj. LOP.

It will be mid Winter here in Colorado when it arrives, but my gun club has a 100 yd. underground tunnel where I can do testing, sight in and tuner tuning.

ETA: Since the McMillan Edge stock does not have a lower edge parallel to the bore line, I decided I didn't want it. I found a McMillan Edge Straight Line stock at Killoughs, but after contacting Vudoo, found that McMillan had an exclusive deal with Killoughs and would not sell it to Vudoo. I must say that Jill at Vudoo was very accommodating with my switching around stocks on my order. But in the end, I selected the McMillan Kestros, even though it has adjustments that I don't need. When I shoot free recoil, I do not touch the stock anywhere. I currently shoot using the pinch technique, index finger on the trigger and thumb on the rear of the trigger guard. When I get my new V-22S with the Flavio Fare trigger, I may change my trigger technique.

With my Win. 52C, my best score on the IBS target is 250-20X, and I will be disappointed if I can't do better with my V-22S in a one-piece rest.

Last edited:
Got my V-22 S order finalized yesterday, and deposit mailed in today. LB/RP, 24" Shilen barrel cut to slug length, , McMillan Edge stock, Flavio trigger, hope to see delivery in Jan. 2022. Since I shoot free recoil, I did not need the Kestros stock with it's adj. cheek rest and adj. LOP.

It will be mid Winter here in Colorado when it arrives, but my gun club has a 100 yd. underground tunnel where I can do testing, sight in and tuner tuning.
Excellent! I have a LB/RP 22" Ace along with a McMillan Kestros with a solid sill for weight. I, too, shoot free recoil and and it shoots lights out! You'll be quite happy with your purchase!

Reactions: Slo cat
Good morning Bill W.
I have the Kestros Stock as well. Love the Single Shot V22S with Ace 22" barrel.
I am curious what ammo you use and how you set up your free recoil.

My best score so far on our BR Target is 250/21x. I have had several 250/20x. More common is 250/16x or a bit more.
Last Thursday the wind was quite switchy.
Right now I have been using Eley Match Black Box. Weight sorted to 0.02 gr.
Curious as to what is working for you.

Stay Safe and Well.
4Certain 2021 6 17 Left Side Single Shot.jpg2021 8 12 Benchrest 250-16x.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning Bill W.
I have the Kestros Stock as well. Love the Single Shot V22S with Ace 22" barrel.
I am curious what ammo you use and how you set up your free recoil.

My best score so far on our BR Target is 250/21x. I have had several 250/20x. More common is 250/16x or a bit more.
Last Thursday the wind was quite switchy.
Right now I have been using Eley Match Black Box. Weight sorted to 0.02 gr.
Curious as to what is working for you.

Stay Safe and Well.
4CertainView attachment 7685063View attachment 7685064
I've had my best scores with Lapua Ctr-X and Standard +. Mine doesn't seem to care for ELEY Match too much.....

10ring1
Evelio
Just an FYI and thanks to Evelio;

I removed/disassembled the bolt in my V22-s to remove the paint as suggested by Evelio. Mine had the Gray colored spring installed (and another Gray colored spring in the spare bag :oops: ), used acetone and q-tips to remove the paint, and re-assembled the bolt, checked for function and put the gun up until the range trip. I went to the range last Thursday to do some ammo/tuner messing around (got out of the house), and all I got were clicks upon clicks on a chambered round. Initial thoughts were #$%&@#$@#$%$#@, what did I "f" up this time. Ran all the steps of bolt/FP dis-assembly/assembly thru my p brain, and realized I had not backed the FP out one full turn after seating it. Broke the bolt down again, made the adjustment of backing the FP out one full turn, and re-assembled. Things start to go bang now, but still have the FTF's, between 5-10 for around 100 rds fired that day. Finish up due to the heat/humidity and come home.

I then decided to back the FP out one additional turn for a total of two turns out, and re-assembled the bolt. ( I'm getting pretty good at this bolt dis-assembly/re-assembly thing (y)) Didn't have a chance to test the "new" FP setting before a BP 150 6 card match last night, but I had NO FTF's, and I don't remember having to pick a empty brass case out of the chamber when running the bolt as I had been having. Had a PB of 2300 w/ 9 pars on one card. Used Eley Match ammo except for Eley Target for foulers for the entire match, two different lots of Match.

Thanks again Evelio.

Jim TN,
I had a similar experience to yours and I contacted Mike Bush who advised to do 2 full turns on the firing pin , just like you did. Now everything goes well. It goes bang all the time.
Gilbert

Reactions: JimTN and Slo cat
Jim TN,
I had a similar experience to yours and I contacted Mike Bush who advised to do 2 full turns on the firing pin , just like you did. Now everything goes well. It goes bang all the time.
Gilbert
A "match buddy" has a V22-s as well, but has changed the FP springs around and is using the Blue one at this time, he mentioned he had backed the FP out an additional full turn for a total of 2, and it improved his FTF but not completely. I thought I would try his "mod" out of curiosity more than anything, and before I started changing springs. He had 3 or more FTF's last night, even after re-cocking 3x, those 3 Tenex rounds would not fire. I am still using the Gray spring with the paint removed. I was not aware of the change (2 turns out) M Bush suggested until my match buddy mentioned it last night before the match. I got lucky in terms the 2 turns out worked as well as it did for me w/o knowing about it.

Jim,
My experience with my V22S is still very limited as it is quite new. Only starting to seriously ammo test. I also use the grey spring it came with. For the moment it works great and accuracy is already quite impressive.
Gilbert

I've had my Vudoo since July 5 '21, so it's still "new" to me as well, and the accuracy is very impressive for a rifle right out of the gate so to speak. Finding the preferred ammo is a major challenge, but mine seems to shoot different lots of ammo quite well, some better than others, but that is true for any RF firearm.

Hello to all,
After a weekend spent in Luxenbourg for a competition with 60 shooters from several countries of the EC we shot on the 2 days 6 cards at 250/25 flies, I finished 4th with 1494 and 100 flies.

I can tell you that I'm looking forward to shoot soon with the Vudoo to see what it is capable of, it should finally leave the US this weekend.
I don't think it will be ready before October as it has to go through compliance checks, stock manufacturing, tuning and testing
jacques

Reactions: 10ring1 and mattt
Looking for some feedback on tuners for the V22S, has anybody used the Lowey tuner (Australia). Are tuners really needed on the V22? Currently have the Ace 20" barrel

Fixed my FTF issues! I currently run Bix N Andy Competition triggers in all my target rifles and the Tac Sport Pro in my hunting rigs. I have never had to change the sear height from the factory 3.8mm in any of the rifles. I picked up a V22S from Lee Gardner Precision that had a Jewell trigger and immediately changed it for a Bix Comp and started having FTF issues, but not bad. As I started to test the lighter firing pin springs, my FTF's increased dramatically as the springs got lighter. After inspection, I could see my cocking piece was dragging on my sear and I believe the little holes for the set screws on the bottom of the V22S cocking piece was compounding this issue. I ordered the low (3.6mm) sear for my Bix, installed it this weekend, and all my FTF issues are gone. The rifle cycles 100% smoother now as well. I'm not sure what the sear height is on other trigger manufacturers, but it's worth taking a look at.

Reactions: 4Certain and mattt
Fixed my FTF issues! I currently run Bix N Andy Competition triggers in all my target rifles and the Tac Sport Pro in my hunting rigs. I have never had to change the sear height from the factory 3.8mm in any of the rifles. I picked up a V22S from Lee Gardner Precision that had a Jewell trigger and immediately changed it for a Bix Comp and started having FTF issues, but not bad. As I started to test the lighter firing pin springs, my FTF's increased dramatically as the springs got lighter. After inspection, I could see my cocking piece was dragging on my sear and I believe the little holes for the set screws on the bottom of the V22S cocking piece was compounding this issue. I ordered the low (3.6mm) sear for my Bix, installed it this weekend, and all my FTF issues are gone. The rifle cycles 100% smoother now as well. I'm not sure what the sear height is on other trigger manufacturers, but it's worth taking a look at.
Glad to hear you solved your problem! I have a Jewel trigger in my V22-S and have never had a problem. It's the same trigger that was in my 40X and never had an issue when it was in that gun either.....
Go figure.....

My rifle has a Flavio Fair trigger and the factory installed FP spring.from the factory. At first I was getting some FTF's but as the gun was shot more they went away and have not come back

Looking for some feedback on tuners for the V22S, has anybody used the Lowey tuner (Australia). Are tuners really needed on the V22? Currently have the Ace 20" barrel
I didn’t have much luck with a tuner on my 18” barrel. Maybe someone knows something I don’t. Good luck

My V22S has the Bix N Andy trigger. It came with that from Vudoo. I am used to what I consider nice triggers on my Annies 54 target rifles and am very pleased with the Bix N Andy.
Gilbert

Reactions: ccollier
A fun shooting day. Shot both the Benchrest Match with my V22S and the 100 yard Mini Palma with my Gen 1 Vudoo Repeater. Shot both matches in less than 30 minutes. Shooting quickly! 45 shots on Mini Palma. 15 per target. As per normal, 25 on Benchrest.
4Certain

2021 9 2 100yd Mini Palma 450-40x Vudoo Gen1.jpg2021 9 2 Benchrest 250-20x.jpg

A fun shooting day. Shot both the Benchrest Match with my V22S and the 100 yard Mini Palma with my Gen 1 Vudoo Repeater. Shot both matches in less than 30 minutes. Shooting quickly! 45 shots on Mini Palma. 15 per target. As per normal, 25 on Benchrest.
4Certain

View attachment 7696167View attachment 7696168
GOOD shooting my friend! Wait till you get your rest!

Reactions: 4Certain
Evelio,
here is a good lead concerning the surface of the spring, maybe an external polishing with a felt disc and chrome green without pressing too much to not heat up.
on the other hand it will be necessary to think of putting a label to reference the power of the spring after removal of the paint.

Still no news about the departure for France, V22S blocked at the FFL since May, I envy you all to be able to use yours.
jacques
That's REALLY interesting about removing the paint! Are you running the new firing pin or the one thatsthe kidney shape?

Good morning my Single Shot friends.
I had a most revealing Benchrest Target this Thursday.
I had tried Lapua Midas Plus ammo in the past but quit using it because I thought it was erratic in my gun.
This week I decided to try again. Many that I trust and respect thought the Lapua was better than Eley. It certainly is more consistent in its weight spread. So I felt like my shooting skills and technique had improved over the last months. So I was going to try the Lapua again.

So on Thursday morning before sunrise, I got set up and shot a Practice Target. It is pasted below. I used the same Concrete Bench, the same Shooting Stool, the same front rest, the same rear rest, the same elbow pads. I used the same technique. The wind was very low, but my Windicator Flags were out.

I shot the Practice Target and was impressed with the results. Note the 5 shot group on the second target as I was adjusting my zero from the Eley Match. Then I shot a 'match' with myself on the rest of that target.

Then it was Match Time. All same/same equipment and approach was used. And I was BURNED by the inconsistency of the Lapua Midas+ ammo. 249/9x. Much less score than previous weeks. You can look up in this string and see my target from last week. Big, BIG difference. So what is the take away? Ammo Matters! Finding ammo that is consistent in itself (also why I weight sort) and consistent with your gun... I will shoot my current Eley Match Black Box next week and see how I do. I will post that target...

Your ammo really, really matters.
4Certain

2021 9 9 Benchrest Target Lapua Midas+ 51.70-.72.jpg2021 9 9 Practice Target Lapua Midas+ 51.70-.72.jpg

You might want to try a lighter spring
Thanks Sgeorge.
I was shooting a lighter spring when I first used the Lapua Ammo. I did not have good results then.
I moved to a stronger spring when shooting the Eley. And had the same result with the Lapua.

Draco had asked me about my cleaning regimen. Here is what I said there.
Thanks Draco.
I normally use Gunzilla as my cleaning agent. I felt it did a better job than the Bore Tech Rimfire Blend. Then work on the Carbon Ring with Felt Pellets soaked in Bore Tech Carbon Remover, then clean again. Then dry patch. Then very lightly oil with a good gun oil. I use Lubriplate FMO350 AW Oil. I have used the Kroil some. But have become very leery of Kroil when it gummed up a bolt. It dries out like WD-40 and becomes sticky. For cleaning barrel it is a fine product. But I use it No Where else.

What is interesting to me. Is all the things that are being are asking about have stayed the same. For 10 or 15 weeks in a row I have shot 250-16x to 250-22x, and mostly in the 250-19x to 22x range, using the Eley Match Black Box ammo. But when I tried the Lapua ammo again, just for curiosity sake, my score went to the toilet. My only point is ammo matters. I am not trying to make my gun like Lapua.

I am sure some folks will shoot the Lapua ammo and will score great. My guns just do not seem to like it as much as the Eley. Is there something better? I do not know. I will try anything. But I had gone back to re-try the Lapua Midas+. My conclusion now is the same as when I tried it last. My gun does not care for it. Where as it seems to like the Eley fairly well. It has not liked me enough to reward me with a 250-25x. But I am still shooting... And we shall see.
4Certain

Last edited:
4Certain - I've forgotten whether you mentioned which chamber reamer was used on your V-22S bbl - could you refresh my memory?

I used a new Nevius reamer on the Shilen on my V-22S, and have been impressed with it. But I've never tried any Eley ammo in this barrel, mainly because Kevin told me his reamer is a bit unforgiving when it comes to ammo brand, and he designed it specifically for Lapua. Before I did the V-22S bbl with this reamer, I'd used mainly a PTG EPS reamer, which I think works as well with Lapua as it does with Eley.

Reactions: Stephen T
4Certain - I've forgotten whether you mentioned which chamber reamer was used on your V-22S bbl - could you refresh my memory?

I used a new Nevius reamer on the Shilen on my V-22S, and have been impressed with it. But I've never tried any Eley ammo in this barrel, mainly because Kevin told me his reamer is a bit unforgiving when it comes to ammo brand, and he designed it specifically for Lapua. Before I did the V-22S bbl with this reamer, I'd used mainly a PTG EPS reamer, which I think works as well with Lapua as it does with Eley.
Thanks Dennis. Putting a reamer in my chamber would scare me to death. I do have the Shilen Barrel. I do not know which reamer Vudoo used on the barrel. I have just shot the gun. At this point, I am just shooting what I have. Changing the chamber is beyond what I would want to try. If I were not having good consistent results with any ammo, I suppose I could be driven to that. But with the good results I have had with the Eley as noted in the post above, I am just going to shoot it. And see if I can improve my technique and wind reading.
I do appreciate your thoughts.
4Certain

Reactions: GTI
4Certain,

Reading your targets I see a very open grouping, if you shot before sunrise and little wind your impacts should have been all centered in the 10.
User of Midas + I say that this batch is not good for your barrel, the dispersion proves it
Sincerely
Jacques

Drew does everything he can to get to the fabled 250-25X. I assure you he has done everthing possible and he routinely wins our Thursday morning "Old Farts" match. And yes, it is all a matter of Ammo, not Drew's technique or gun.

I believe Vudoo uses a proprietory modified Win 52 reamer.

Drew does everything he can to get to the fabled 250-25X. I assure you he has done everthing possible and he routinely wins our Thursday morning "Old Farts" match. And yes, it is all a matter of Ammo, not Drew's technique or gun.

I believe Vudoo uses a proprietory modified Win 52 reamer.
Vudoo use a 52D reamer for chambering the V22S.

Good afternoon Vudoo Friends.
I said I would share my target from today's match. Huge difference from last week.
Even with the wind changing directions 180 degrees back and forth. from the Left, From the Right. And sometime in our face and others from our rear... Quite Switchy...

I went back to the Eley Match. I used the Weight Sorted 51.02/04 grains group.
Shot a 250-20x. Very close to a 22x...
For me, the ammo I use makes a Huge Difference.
4Certain

2021-9-16. BR 250-20x Eley 51.02-04 Squirrely Wind.jpg

Not a Vudoo owner, but nice target.
Thanks GKGeiger. You certainly do not have to have a Vudoo to shoot a good target... There many good rifles in our match that are not manufactured by Vudoo and some certainly shoot good scores. For me, this is the only Benchrest Rifle I have ever owned. It is my first effort at this amazingly 'ticky' sport. I have enjoyed the effort very much. I have enjoyed learning to read the wind better than I ever have before. I have always had a bent toward shooting accurately. Whether my pistols or air rifles. I want something that will out shoot me. That way when there is a miss, I know it is ME and not the equipment. Equipment that does not 'outperform' me does not last... I have told my sons, that when I am gone, remember there is no Junk in the safe... All that to say, I have enjoyed learning to shoot benchrest. And I appreciate your kind words.
4Certain

Reactions: wh20crazy