• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo V-22S Single Shot BR/F-Class Action

Hello,

I have a problem to mount the bezel holders on top of the receivert rail
did you mount steel base Talley models for nesika bay or signature models?
extended front or standard front option ?

Thank you for answering me quickly if possible

jacques

Nice 2400. Looks like you're getting that rifle figured out. How is a club championship only 2 cards? I have never seen one under 6 cards?
Thanks, Our club is small and only has 12 benches, we have done 2 cards from the beginning. I checked the ARA rules and it states 2 to 6 cards. we had 26 shooters that day and range time is limited. I think it's up to the discretion of the tournament director how many cards he wants to use.

Thanks, Our club is small and only has 12 benches, we have done 2 cards from the beginning. I checked the ARA rules and it states 2 to 6 cards. we had 26 shooters that day and range time is limited. I think it's up to the discretion of the tournament director how many cards he wants to use.
Your information is incorrect. The rules state that a regular match consists of 2 to 6 cards. All tournaments state and club have to be 6 cards.

ARA rules: There are two types of ARA matches. One is a "CLUB MATCH". That is the 2 to 6 card style and you can have as many as you like in a season. The other is a "TOURNAMENT". A Tournament is a 6 card match that has double points. You can have 2 club tournaments per year in addition to a state and area if allocated to you. The only real difference is the double points. Both those referenced matches were "club matches". If you go look at the results on the ARA site, you will see they were single points only. Hopefully that clears up any confusion.

Reactions: Gjmen22 and GTI
Loose, very loose.
Very loose, I let it free recoil and I pinch the trigger, with Flavio being so light it can ruin a target very quickly, but I really like it, when the flags are right it easily goes off with just a touch.

Last edited:
Very loose, I let it free recoil and I pinch the trigger, with the Fabio trigger being so light it can ruin a target very quickly, but I really like it, when the flags are right it easily goes off with just a touch.
I use a RODZILLA T-REX front rest with the 5 axis top and a Protektor 3M lined bag in the rear. I've been experimenting sighting the target then coming off the gun and watching the flags, waiting for the appropriate wind, then firing. I watched it on Youtube and thought I'd try it. I shot a 250-11X the 1st try and that was with quite a wind. I love experimenting!

The VUDOO is still in preparation so I shoot with the Turbo V3 while waiting.
On the V3 the trigger is a Flavio fare 2.0 very nice but indeed the trigger weight should not be too low, I am set at 0.06lb to avoid unintentional starts.
I shoot in free by looking at the weather vanes, the finger is placed on the tail of trigger, the departure must be ordered instanly so with a weight of departure too low there is a risk of unwanted departure.
Saturday and Sunday we were in a friendly competition, the weather was very windy, rain a hail storm and therefore it was necessary to be the finger on the trigger to ensure a departure at the precise moment to have the possibility of placing a 10 or a fly.
It was a good time to train in all weather conditions and to choose the ammunition that behaved best.
Have a great day!
Jacques

G’day all, I’m a long-time reader but first-time poster.

I am a 3P and prone shooter who recently purchased a Vudoo V22 single shot to dabble into benchrest. So, I have little to no experience in shooting bench so please excuse any ignorance in this post. I also must apologise for my OCD in testing as I have an analytical mind also.

I purchased a stock from a local stock maker Just Ask Geoff (JAG) which is named the ST1000. Geoff was very helpful and did an amazing job on the stock so there was very little that needed to be done during bedding and finishing.

This is the initial set up of the barrelled action in the stock;
IMG_5274.jpg

Due to not wanting to test tuner with ammo that didn’t shoot in the rifle I conducted these initial tests with batches of ammo I had on hand to see what shot the best. I don’t believe a couple of 5 shot groups give a true indication of how rimfire ammunitions shoots so I shot three 10 shot groups for each batch of ammo to give a better indication of what actually shoots well.

291021 - Target 1 - No Tuner.jpg

291021 - Target 2 - No Tuner.jpg

291021 - Target 3 - No Tuner.jpg

All targets were shot with the same aim point and I must admit I was pretty disappointed with the Lapua Centre-X as all the batches I was able to test didn’t shoot well at all, even though the Vudoo’s are chambered for Lapua.

Realising that looks count for fifty percent of accuracy I added a few stickers to the stock to make it look better prior to finishing and painting it.
IMG_5332.jpg

After deciding on the colour scheme for the rifle this is the finished product

IMG_5602.jpg

IMG_5604.jpg

I use a Starik tube on my smallbore rifle and have tuned that rifle utilising the positive compensation method.

I have a Harrell tuner for this rifle and attempted to use the same process. However, this method did not work at all using the Harrell as the results were not repeatable.

Therefore, after a little advice from Jason LOWE at Lowey Products, who also made some amazing bolt protectors and bore guides for the rifle (pics to follow) I used the Hopewell Method to tune the rifle.
101121 - Tuner Setting Test 1.jpg

This showed a node between 225 and 250 but on this day I chose the 250 groups and played further with that setting. The issue with this day was the wind was terrible and I really struggled to hold the groups together.

I then conducted another Hopewell Test to confirm these setting and found the following;
191121 - Tuner Setting Test 2.jpg

After chasing the 100-200 setting I wasn’t totally happy so I went back to the 200-300 range and fell right back at the 225. However, the 125 was also not bad either.

Therefore, I settled on the 225 setting and began testing further batches of ammo I had on hand.

Again, there are three 10 shot groups of each batch of ammo as I don’t trust a couple of five shot groups. The weather was extremely windy again and I got caught a few times but did my best to hold the groups together;
1911121- Target 1 - Tuner 225.jpg

I had some Eley Team which shoots well through my repeater so I thought I would give it a crack in the single shot and this was the result. There are three 10 shot groups on the left and then obviously one shot per aiming mark on the right. Again wind killed me but I am slowly learning not to be so impatient.
191121 - Target 2 - Tuner 225.jpg

I just wanted to share what I had done to hopefully help anyone else who is finding their feet in benchrest and happy to take advise and criticism.

Also, as the rifle is not in the sun so the pics don't do the paint any justice. I will update with better pics in the future.

G’day all, I’m a long-time reader but first-time poster.

I am a 3P and prone shooter who recently purchased a Vudoo V22 single shot to dabble into benchrest. So, I have little to no experience in shooting bench so please excuse any ignorance in this post. I also must apologise for my OCD in testing as I have an analytical mind also.

I purchased a stock from a local stock maker Just Ask Geoff (JAG) which is named the ST1000. Geoff was very helpful and did an amazing job on the stock so there was very little that needed to be done during bedding and finishing.

This is the initial set up of the barrelled action in the stock;
View attachment 7756945

Due to not wanting to test tuner with ammo that didn’t shoot in the rifle I conducted these initial tests with batches of ammo I had on hand to see what shot the best. I don’t believe a couple of 5 shot groups give a true indication of how rimfire ammunitions shoots so I shot three 10 shot groups for each batch of ammo to give a better indication of what actually shoots well.

View attachment 7756946
View attachment 7756947
View attachment 7756948

All targets were shot with the same aim point and I must admit I was pretty disappointed with the Lapua Centre-X as all the batches I was able to test didn’t shoot well at all, even though the Vudoo’s are chambered for Lapua.

Realising that looks count for fifty percent of accuracy I added a few stickers to the stock to make it look better prior to finishing and painting it.
View attachment 7756949

After deciding on the colour scheme for the rifle this is the finished product

View attachment 7756950
View attachment 7756951

I use a Starik tube on my smallbore rifle and have tuned that rifle utilising the positive compensation method.

I have a Harrell tuner for this rifle and attempted to use the same process. However, this method did not work at all using the Harrell as the results were not repeatable.

Therefore, after a little advice from Jason LOWE at Lowey Products, who also made some amazing bolt protectors and bore guides for the rifle (pics to follow) I used the Hopewell Method to tune the rifle.
View attachment 7756952

This showed a node between 225 and 250 but on this day I chose the 250 groups and played further with that setting. The issue with this day was the wind was terrible and I really struggled to hold the groups together.

I then conducted another Hopewell Test to confirm these setting and found the following;
View attachment 7756953

After chasing the 100-200 setting I wasn’t totally happy so I went back to the 200-300 range and fell right back at the 225. However, the 125 was also not bad either.

Therefore, I settled on the 225 setting and began testing further batches of ammo I had on hand.

Again, there are three 10 shot groups of each batch of ammo as I don’t trust a couple of five shot groups. The weather was extremely windy again and I got caught a few times but did my best to hold the groups together;
View attachment 7756954

I had some Eley Team which shoots well through my repeater so I thought I would give it a crack in the single shot and this was the result. There are three 10 shot groups on the left and then obviously one shot per aiming mark on the right. Again wind killed me but I am slowly learning not to be so impatient.
View attachment 7756955

I just wanted to share what I had done to hopefully help anyone else who is finding their feet in benchrest and happy to take advise and criticism.

Also, as the rifle is not in the sun so the pics don't do the paint any justice. I will update with better pics in the future.
Please post some new targets when you get a calmer day from a wind perspective. Also, did you settle on 225 as your selected tuner set point?

RFS99

Very interesting thanks for the info, nice paint job, I thought the stock looked cool before the paint job. What barrel are you using and what are the first 2 numbers on the center X lot numbers you were using?

Reactions: GTI
Anyone else outhere, how are you holding your V22s on the bench?
I don't have a V22s but I do shoot UL BR. What kind of rest are you using? I don't know anyone shooting UL BR that holds their rifle. They all shoot free recoil only touching the 1.5-2.0 oz trigger. Maybe I just haven't noticed someone holding.

I don't have a V22s but I do shoot UL BR. What kind of rest are you using? I don't know anyone shooting UL BR that holds their rifle. They all shoot free recoil only touching the 1.5-2.0 oz trigger. Maybe I just haven't noticed someone holding.
If you're in the market for a front rest, check out the "RODZILLA T-REX" rest with the 5 axis top. You won't be disappointed!

Please post some new targets when you get a calmer day from a wind perspective. Also, did you settle on 225 as your selected tuner set point?

RFS99
Hey mate, yeah it’s that time of the year where not only do we get swirling wind but we also have to contend with the mirage. When I get a better day I’ll definitely post some more.

I settled on the 225 as it seemed to be the sweet spot on two different days. However there seems to be a spot between 225 and 250. I played a bit in that range but kept coming back to 225.

Reactions: Rimfireshooter99
Very interesting thanks for the info, nice paint job, I thought the stock looked cool before the paint job. What barrel are you using and what are the first 2 numbers on the center X lot numbers you were using?
Thanks mate.

It’s a Shilen ratchet barrel that’s 24 inches. Not sure if the extra numbers but I’ll have a look when I get home and let you know.

Anyone else outhere, how are you holding your V22s on the bench?
G’day mate.

At the moment I’m using a shadetree top on my rest which has been modified by Barry EDGELY and it works great and I have to have some shoulder pressure on the butt cause if I free recoil the results are terrible.

The pictures never do things any justice, I have no idea how PLAYBOY magazine makes a go of it.

Welcome to SH, thanks for a great post.
I would say they get great pics because they take their time to get the best pic. Considering the subject matter I’d be happy to take a week to get the best shot :0)

Thanks mate.

It’s a Shilen ratchet barrel that’s 24 inches. Not sure if the extra numbers but I’ll have a look when I get home and let you know.
I have a Shlien and it's a killer. I have a Harrell tuner, if you let me know your center-X numbers I might get you close. Do you have the additional weights on your tuner?

• Haha
Reactions: Fuckmikebush
Yeah the reason I went for the Shilen was due to everyone on here raving about them. I actually wanted RBRP but to get that configuration I had to go the ACE barrel or wait months. Not that theirs anything wrong with the ACE barrels I just wanted to go with what seemed to be working the best so I was stuck with RBLP which I’m trying to get used to.

I do have some extra weights but haven’t tried them at this stage, probably wasn’t going to try them to be honest, but do you think it’s worth giving them a crack?

I'm using a PQP joy stick one piece rest with an Greenlaw front top, slick bags. I use a small/short bungee cord and a piece of wire for recoil management, gun returns to battery on a consistent basis. Getting the tension right on the Greenlaw top can take a few adjustments depending upon the weather conditions. I've got a delrin top on the shelf to try when the weather warms up again in '22. LOL

Reactions: reclaimedshot
Yeah the reason I went for the Shilen was due to everyone on here raving about them. I actually wanted RBRP but to get that configuration I had to go the ACE barrel or wait months. Not that theirs anything wrong with the ACE barrels I just wanted to go with what seemed to be working the best so I was stuck with RBLP which I’m trying to get used to.

I do have some extra weights but haven’t tried them at this stage, probably wasn’t going to try them to be honest, but do you think it’s worth giving them a crack?
You made the right barrel choice, if you check out the major ARA competitions and look at the equipment list you'll find Shilen on the top shooters guns. The weights add length to the barrel and will allow you to tune and find the parallel node hopefully at the end of the barrel? The other will be the ammo and lot numbers. When you find the right one it will shoot lights out. That's just my 2 cents. I am sure others will have input.

Here is the site for the major ARA shoots, go to results, then equipment.
http://www.proshootingleague.com/

Reactions: 10ring1
Here is the site for the major ARA shoots, go to results, then equipment.
http://www.proshootingleague.com/
You should also visit the ARA website, search for the outdoor and indoor national matches shot this year (Sep and Dec). They also show most of the equipment each of the competitors use. I've included a link to the indoor match equipment list below:

Then, scroll down to 12/4 and find the National Match.
Screen Shot 2021-12-10 at 10.58.03 AM.png

Next, click on the Full Results, and you'll see their scores, but then click on the Equipment tab, to see their equipment used in the match.

Screen Shot 2021-12-10 at 10.58.17 AM.png

Interesting to see what everyone is shooting.

RFS99

You should also visit the ARA website, search for the outdoor and indoor national matches shot this year (Sep and Dec). They also show most of the equipment each of the competitors use. I've included a link to the indoor match equipment list below:

View attachment 7757919

Next, click on the Full Results, and you'll see their scores, but then click on the Equipment tab, to see their equipment used in the match.

View attachment 7757920

RFS99

View attachment 7757919

View attachment 7757920

RFS99
Interesting stuff, what do you think about the discussion about PAS verses SAP seems to be a hot topic lately. The guys you listed I believe were shooting PSA.

Interesting stuff, what do you think about the discussion about PAS verses SAP seems to be a hot topic lately. The guys you listed I believe were shooting PSA.
I think that's always a topic of discussion, at least when there's a big match. I don't know if it's real or not, but you can look at the equipment used by the top 10-15 shooters for the big matches, and draw your own conclusion. Outdoors, weather (wind), ammo, shooter and the rifle are real important contributors. Indoors, ammo, rifle and shooter are the key contributors. Lots of things to go right or wrong, regardless of what rifle design is being used.

Sorry, I did not mean to hijack the thread. Vudoo V22s is one of the newer designs, although still a SAP action. It's exciting to see the options of tuning your own Vudoo with the spring set they supply. It will be interesting to see if there are any future design tweaks to bring some additional accuracy to the brand. They do have a strong reputation for accuracy with the repeater and I think time will tell with the new rifle as well. It's interesting to see how even a newer design is still a descendant to earlier rifle designs.

Last edited:
I think that's always a topic of discussion, at least when there's a big match. I don't know if it's real or not, but you can look at the equipment used by the top 10-15 shooters for the big matches, and draw your own conclusion. Outdoors, weather (wind), ammo, shooter and the rifle are real important contributors. Indoors, ammo, rifle and shooter are the key contributors. Lots of things to go right or wrong, regardless of what rifle design is being used.

Sorry, I did not mean to hijack the thread. Vudoo V22s is one of the newer designs, although still a SAP action. It's exciting to see the options of tuning your own Vudoo with the spring set they supply. It will be interesting to see if there are any future design tweaks to bring some additional accuracy to the brand. They do have a strong reputation for accuracy with the repeater and I think time will tell with the new rifle as well. It's interesting to see how even a newer design is still a descendant to earlier rifle designs.
I totally agree, I purchased my first Vudoo based on the fact they were very open about their design concepts and discussing what they were doing. I have tried to review other MFG.to get detailed info about their design's concepts and ideas, very difficult to say the least. I find the whole subject on bench rest 22 shooting a challenge for many of the reasons you stated, and it keeps growing at our club. I have asked vudoo what's next, what's in the pipeline? I have already sold my repeater, the new V22S is a much better shooter. It's a LBRP, 24" Shilen barrel, Flavio fare trigger and an Edge stock painted black. Keith

View attachment 7757919

View attachment 7757920

RFS99
Hey mate thanks to you and reclaimedshot for sending through that link, it very helpful.

I can’t thank everyone on here enough for all your help, it’s greatly appreciated!

Reactions: Rimfireshooter99
You made the right barrel choice, if you check out the major ARA competitions and look at the equipment list you'll find Shilen on the top shooters guns. The weights add length to the barrel and will allow you to tune and find the parallel node hopefully at the end of the barrel? The other will be the ammo and lot numbers. When you find the right one it will shoot lights out. That's just my 2 cents. I am sure others will have input.
Thanks heaps for the info mate. I learnt a long time ago, you take advice from everyone, no matter how simple it may be, and then you take it all in and use what works for you. You never know something small can make a massive difference on the target.

Thanks again.

Reactions: mattt
I totally agree, I purchased my first Vudoo based on the fact they were very open about their design concepts and discussing what they were doing. I have tried to review other MFG.to get detailed info about their design's concepts and ideas, very difficult to say the least. I find the whole subject on bench rest 22 shooting a challenge for many of the reasons you stated, and it keeps growing at our club. I have asked vudoo what's next, what's in the pipeline? I have already sold my repeater, the new V22S is a much better shooter. It's a LBRP, 24" Shilen barrel, Flavio fare trigger and an Edge stock painted black. Keith
Keith, do you shoot left handed? I have the same configuration on my "S"...LBRP.

Hey Guys, if you've not noticed, I've been away for a while. All is good, just incredibly busy on a few things and needed some much required breathing room to focus appropriately. Having said this, things are still moving along in various ways that continue to support this community in a big way. One of which are the things Ivan Wells and Jamie Burgess have been up to at Ivanhoe Shooting Equipment and Burgess Benchrest Rifle Stocks. Here's a short video that gives a bit of insight to how the V-22S is contributing to the Benchrest discipline.

MB

I shot a "40X" for years and I also had a learning curve. I DO like being able to see the chamber when loading!
Here is my rig and some range shots from today. The target is 100yds, Florida style. I'm preparing for a 100yd match this Wednesday.

Attachments

• DSC04151.JPG
    DSC04151.JPG
    605.5 KB · Views: 98
  • DSC04153.JPG
    DSC04153.JPG
    778.6 KB · Views: 95
  • 5 shot groups.JPG
    5 shot groups.JPG
    502.4 KB · Views: 82
  • 100yd target.JPG
    100yd target.JPG
    498.4 KB · Views: 97
VERY nice!
Here's mine:
Wow great looking gun, the stock is fantastic. I would have to very careful with that stock. I have already dinged mine and that's after being sooo careful. Your whole rig looks great, how does it shoot? What ammo are you using? I'm using center-x 27-31.

Wow great looking gun, the stock is fantastic. I would have to very careful with that stock. I have already dinged mine and that's after being sooo careful. Your whole rig looks great, how does it shoot? What ammo are you using? I'm using center-x 27-31.
Thank you! Mine likes Ctr-X 1,066-1,069 and SK Std+. It shoots consistent 250's (or 2,500's depending how you score). It's been difficult to accumulate X's though due to the terrific wind gusts we've been having here in the Chicago area-30 to 50 mph! I just switched optics. Went from a Sightron III 45X45 to a Vortex Golden Eagle. Haven't decided which one I like best. I'll have it down by next spring (I hope).

Thank you! Mine likes Ctr-X 1,066-1,069 and SK Std+. It shoots consistent 250's (or 2,500's depending how you score). It's been difficult to accumulate X's though due to the terrific wind gusts we've been having here in the Chicago area-30 to 50 mph! I just switched optics. Went from a Sightron III 45X45 to a Vortex Golden Eagle. Haven't decided which one I like best. I'll have it down by next spring (I hope).
You shout 2500s on an ARA target at 50 yards?