• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo V22 stock/chassis Recommendations

quikcolin

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Dec 16, 2018
London, Ontario
Hey guys,

I have a V22 barreled action that is scheduled to be delivered on Friday. I’ve been searching for 2 days straight now trying to figure out what stock to put on it.

I think I’ve decided I want a stock rather than a chassis (but chassis isn’t off the table). Manners and McMillians are incredible, and top of my list, but I’m up in Canada and pricing on them is out of hand up here. Which brings me to Grayboe stocks (like the renegade), or the AG Composites stocks (maybe too light?).

I’m at a loss for what direction to go. I have KRG bravo on my T1X and it’s nice, but looking for something different on this guy.

I’ve love to see what you guys have, and what recommendations you may have. I’d love to keep the stock under $1000. If possible (it’s looking like a battle to keep it under that mark).

I’m going to be using the rifle exclusively for bench rest (bipod, rear bag) shooting. 50-300 yards.

I appreciate it guys
Colin

Reactions: Ranger007
For something bench rest only, do you need all the bells and whistles of all these stocks/chassis that have all the expandability for PRS - like competitions?
The only bells and whistles I'm looking for is the ability to adjust the cheek riser, and possibly the butt stock length if needed.

A Boyd’s At-One isn’t a terrible option for what you describe. Way within your budget, not a chassis, and has the adjustability you want with some pretty clean hardware.

I have a Grayboe Ridgeback on mine. It checks the boxes you listed. I ordered it from Grayboe and had it cut for the Vudoo DBM. My only minor complaint is I wish the bubble was yellow instead of the hard to see blue. I put Moleskin on the cheek rest for a better feel.

Ideally, I would love to try different stocks for an extended time to really find one that I love, but that doesn't seem feasible.

I have a Grayboe Ridgeback on mine. It checks the boxes you listed. I ordered it from Grayboe and had it cut for the Vudoo DBM. My only minor complaint is I wish the bubble was yellow instead of the hard to see blue. I put Moleskin on the cheek rest for a better feel.

Ideally, I would love to try different stocks for an extended time to really find one that I love, but that doesn't seem feasible.
Does Grayboe do the cutting? What needs to be cut?

Grayboe does do the cutting, when you choose the features of the stock there is an option "Bottom Metal Inlet: Factory Vudoo BDM" with an up charge of $35. It the exact footprint of the V22 Bottom Metal. The V22 Bottom Metal Extended Magazine Release ($185, from Vudoo) is an additional item that does not come with the barreled action, that you may need depending on the stock or chassis you select. I hope this helps.

Attachments

• Bottom Metal.JPG
    Bottom Metal.JPG
    421.4 KB · Views: 105
Reactions: quikcolin
Mine shot lights out in a Ridgeback, then swapped it to a chassis with the same results. Can't go wrong, get what you like.
Weight hasn't mattered much, i have the 20 inch Proof barrel on my gun and it's in an ultra light chassis at the moment (Q Side Chick). No recoil, no need for weight.

Reactions: quikcolin
I’m really liking the MPA BA Comp chassis I put my Vudoo in but that might just blow the budget if it’s $1000 CAD

I’m really liking the MPA BA Comp chassis I put my Vudoo in but that might just blow the budget if it’s $1000 CAD
I don’t have a Vudoo but a Rim-X in the MPA chassis and it works beautifully. The chassis is rock solid and you can customize it a bit to fit whatever application you may need. So if you go from shooting bench and prone to starting some positional shooting, you can add things to balance the rifle out. Mine is a bit of a pig at 22lbs but that’s because I have the folding stock on mine which required extra weight out front. Check the PX and you can get one in your budget.

i've shot mine in 3 different chassis/stocks, MPA comp, MPA Matrix, and a J Allen. All 3 worked nicely. J Allen is probably my favorite stock for anything. Just recently acquired both a manners and Foundation. While i haven't used the Foundation yet, the manners is very nice, and LIGHT! :)

I switched my 360 a couple of times between the Vision and the MDT ACC, operating perfectly with both. Have the RimX in the Vision and the Vudoo in the ACC right now, not really a big difference. The Vision chassis can be adjusted faster and has a nice thumb rest. If you would have ordered the ACC at the thanksgiving sale you could have gotten 3 for the price of one Vision chassis.

It almost sounds like you need to try to find a bergara hmr stock.

Blasphemy I know, but for budget and usability it would likely be perfect for you.

It almost sounds like you need to try to find a bergara hmr stock.

Blasphemy I know, but for budget and usability it would likely be perfect for you.
They're actually pretty fantastic for the price. Drilled and tapped mine to accept a third forend screw, mounted a full-length ultralight ARCA rail, and bedded it to straighten out the BA. Also added a couple collars around the cheek riser post for a "return to zero" after I pulled it to yank the bolt or clean the gun. Used something similar to this, just put each half on a post and maybe file down the sides to get them to fit in the recess under the riser:
smile.amazon.com/uxcell-Coupling-L35xD25-Flexible-Coupler/dp/B07G6QHP26/

Reactions: Aussiedan
They're actually pretty fantastic for the price. Drilled and tapped mine to accept a third forend screw, mounted a full-length ultralight ARCA rail, and bedded it to straighten out the BA. Also added a couple collars around the cheek riser post for a "return to zero" after I pulled it to yank the bolt or clean the gun. Used something similar to this, just put each half on a post and maybe file down the sides to get them to fit in the recess under the riser:
smile.amazon.com/uxcell-Coupling-L35xD25-Flexible-Coupler/dp/B07G6QHP26/
I have one from a b14r carbon (black one) sitting in my safe that I'm possibly going to use for my own vudoo.
I may however get another MPA chassis. Just depends on availability and finances at this time of year I probably shouldn't be spending what I already am, let alone more 🤣🤣

I have one from a b14r carbon (black one) sitting in my safe that I'm possibly going to use for my own vudoo.
I may however get another MPA chassis. Just depends on availability and finances at this time of year I probably shouldn't be spending what I already am, let alone more 🤣🤣
I have both 😭

Me too 🤣
I have a hybrid on my b14r at the moment.
But might put my 6.5 creedmoor bergara in that.
The vudoo will be getting used constantly whereas the 6.5 will be more occasional.
Until I get the centrefire prs bug 🤦‍♂️
Goodness, it's like looking in a mirror, that's what I've got lying around as well except my MPA's the UL for hunting. Planning to slap a 22BR barrel on the Bergara for cheap precision out to 6-800.

OP, you make a choice yet? Always love to hear where these end up.

Hey guys,

I have a V22 barreled action that is scheduled to be delivered on Friday. I’ve been searching for 2 days straight now trying to figure out what stock to put on it.

I think I’ve decided I want a stock rather than a chassis (but chassis isn’t off the table). Manners and McMillians are incredible, and top of my list, but I’m up in Canada and pricing on them is out of hand up here. Which brings me to Grayboe stocks (like the renegade), or the AG Composites stocks (maybe too light?).

I’m at a loss for what direction to go. I have KRG bravo on my T1X and it’s nice, but looking for something different on this guy.

I’ve love to see what you guys have, and what recommendations you may have. I’d love to keep the stock under $1000. If possible (it’s looking like a battle to keep it under that mark).

I’m going to be using the rifle exclusively for bench rest (bipod, rear bag) shooting. 50-300 yards.

I appreciate it guys
Colin
For your intended application Mr. Randy Owens is top notch and well within your price range.

I've had one of my 40X repeaters in a Bell & Carlson #2015 stock, which is very close in shape & proportions to a McMIllan A5, only without the butthook. This one comes cut for BO M5 DBM, so should work fine with Vudoo DBM. Retail in U.S. dollars is $455, so well within your budget.

This would be my choice. Grayboe Ridgeback.