• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo V22 Three 60 Misfire/Light Strike

YerrowSniper

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
  • Aug 15, 2020
    I have finally managed to take my Vudoo Three 60 for a spin.
    I am experiencing frequent and numerous misfires, out of 50 shots over 15 were misfires.
    The ammo used is Lapua Center X

Here is the current configuration:
    - Barreled Action from Vudoo with a Bartlein Barrel
    - Manner's PRS TCS paired with a Trigger Tech Diamond 2 Stages

I have watched the video and disassembled the bold, all seems to be in order and the firing pin channel is also clear.
    I have also ensured that the barreled action was properly installed and aligned via the magazine method.

I have read that the FP Spring tension could be adjusted? Or do I need another spring?
    I believe that I have one of the very very first 360s.
    My bolt has only 1 set screw on the bottom.

This is frustrating...

Thanks =)

Reactions: Badjujuu
    Take the bolt apart and spin out the firing pin a few turns.

Subscribed

I had to send my 360 back to the shop, same issue but I've found the problem in about 11 misfires after taking the bolt out and looking at it. My problem was pretty obvious - not sure what your could be.

Subscribed

I had to send my 360 back to the shop, same issue but I've found the problem in about 11 misfires after taking the bolt out and looking at it. My problem was pretty obvious - not sure what your could be.
    What was your obvious problem?

Yup I’ll try some other boxes but I have also backed out my FP 2 turns per Jefe and see if that works.
    Yes, please let us know if and how this works out for you. There's more than one instance of this happening an finding THE fix would be nice. I believe THE fix lies in the firing pin being inserted too far.

Yes, please let us know if and how this works out for you. There's more than one instance of this happening an finding THE fix would be nice. I believe THE fix lies in the firing pin being inserted too far.
    For sure!
    Also for documentation sake, the set screw is a T5…

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
    49706F1D-D7ED-49DA-8E75-943452C5F150.jpeg
    SOB... Looking over my gear to go play again and this shit happens!
    A quick call to Mile High and they just sent me a new one! Amazing services there too!

I'm sure the negatives are more likely to been seen on the intardwebs, than positives; but it sure seems like Spuhr mounts have been having problems.
    Trust me... My jaw dropped... I have never exceeded 45in/lb, followed the torque sequence and I torque in incremental value up until 45 in/lb.
    for a 500ish mount I expected more...

I have finally managed to take my Vudoo Three 60 for a spin.
    I am experiencing frequent and numerous misfires, out of 50 shots over 15 were misfires.
    The ammo used is Lapua Center X

Here is the current configuration:
    - Barreled Action from Vudoo with a Bartlein Barrel
    - Manner's PRS TCS paired with a Trigger Tech Diamond 2 Stages

I have watched the video and disassembled the bold, all seems to be in order and the firing pin channel is also clear.
    I have also ensured that the barreled action was properly installed and aligned via the magazine method.

I have read that the FP Spring tension could be adjusted? Or do I need another spring?
    I believe that I have one of the very very first 360s.
    My bolt has only 1 set screw on the bottom.

This is frustrating...

Thanks =)

I had the same issue with misfires when I first received my rifle. Vudoo sent me a new spring and firing pin Issue resolved.

Update time!
    Called Vudoo, they got right on it, they suspect that the original FP was a tad short. Additionally, they sent me a stronger FP Spring.
    Installed it and I ran about 75 rounds of Lapua CenterX Perfectly!

However, another annoying issue crept up… The Vudoo Three 60 is currently housed in a Manners PRS TCS and the front action screw keeps on getting loose even after being torqued properly (60 in/lb)
    Apparently its a known issue and to resolved this I can use a toothwasher or a tad bit of blue loctite… OR I might just get a different stock with a different inlet and a Vudoo BM

Reactions: Cowpokey
    Update time!
    Called Vudoo, they got right on it, they suspect that the original FP was a tad short. Additionally, they sent me a stronger FP Spring.

However, another annoying issue crept up… The Vudoo Three 60 is currently housed in a Manners PRS TCS and the front action screw keeps on getting loose even after being torqued properly (60 in/lb)
    Apparently its a known issue and to resolved this I can use a toothwasher or a tad bit of blue loctite… OR I might just get a different stock with a different inlet and a Vudoo BM

try this, it works great. And it is removable
    Mark

Reactions: YerrowSniper
    Update time!

Just to clarify, a known issue with a Vudoo in that stock or does it happen with other barrelled actions too?

Just to clarify, a known issue with a Vudoo in that stock or does it happen with other barrelled actions too?
    The Vudoo in that particular stock.
    A Foundation with the right inlet and BM doesn’t have that problem