• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vudu 1-10 release

I am excited about the possibility of it being great! But, nothing on it at all yet except that short blurb. Maybe they nail it and it compares to the Razor, but only time will tell!

If this was the one teased on the Q podcast msrp is around $1200 from what I recall. Could be interesting if it’s daylight bright.

Reactions: Surma-T
I don't think that's correct at all, the 1-6 MSRP is $1,399. Why would the 1-10 be cheaper?
They could have meant street price, but a couple of guys form EoTech were on the show.

Yea, the Q gang was pretty pumped about the new eotech offerings, but were (understandably) light on the details...if it is daylight bright at that 1300 street price point, that would be a hell of a place to start!!
Interesting, for sure.

Yea, the Q gang was pretty pumped about the new eotech offerings, but were (understandably) light on the details...if it is daylight bright at that 1300 street price point, that would be a hell of a place to start!!
Interesting, for sure.
I’m hoping for a 2-20 that doesn’t have the depth of field issues of the NX8 but I’m interested in this scope too.

I’m hoping for a 2-20 that doesn’t have the depth of field issues of the NX8 but I’m interested in this scope too.
If its a short tube, they are going to be hard put to work that out. Even the March at nearly 3x the price struggles with tube limitations and high erector ratios.

If its a short tube, they are going to be hard put to work that out. Even the March at nearly 3x the price struggles with tube limitations and high erector ratios.
Yeah, I know...but I'm hoping for the best even if it's unrealistic.

Reactions: Birddog6424
Yeah, I know...but I'm hoping for the best even if it's unrealistic.
Hope is not a strategy. :) Even if they were to attempt this hypothetical unicorn scope, you’d either be disappointed by the DOF or the size.

Hope is not a strategy. :) Even if they were to attempt this hypothetical unicorn scope, you’d either be disappointed by the DOF or the size.
That’s fair. I guess I’d like to see if there’s some unexplored option that hasn’t been explored. That said, I’m cool with it being a little longer. The NX8 was not worth the scratch.

Reactions: ormandj
relevant-to-my-interests.jpg

Excited. Lots of LPVO options coming.
The more, the better.
Personally, I’d love a 2-15 in a similar size, but I’m really interested in this.
I LOVE their 5-25

Reactions: adavis1138
Excited. Lots of LPVO options coming.
The more, the better.
Personally, I’d love a 2-15 in a similar size, but I’m really interested in this.
I LOVE their 5-25
I’d buy a 2-15 in a heartbeat if the specs were right.

Reactions: chase723
Nice!! Looks like EOTech is targeting to compete hard with Vortex (IMO), given the release of this one as well as their SFP 1-8x. Definitely will be on the lookout for these.

What would this be, third time is a charm for Vudu nailing it?

I won't hold my breath.

Reactions: plong
The specs at the price range seem too good to be true but hopefully it turns out alright. Even the Razor 1-10's compromises are evident and that scopes goes for quite a bit more than this. Kinda wish EOtech put out a 1-8 FFP competitor to the Credo 1-8 and PLx 1-8 instead of reaching for the stars like Vortex and Athlon did with their 1-10's.

I like the Vudu line. They did a good job with their 1-6 FFP because it was a reticle inside a reticle as you zoomed in. Their controls are creative (illumination buttons, rather than a dial), and they were pretty early to offer a built-in, removable, throw lever.

Unfortunately, we have had two for sale for a long time. They don't seem to be very popular. Maybe it's because their 1-6 was FFP, and the 1-8 was SFP. Also, they aren't inexpensive.

Unfortunately, we have had two for sale for a long time. They don't seem to be very popular. Maybe it's because their 1-6 was FFP, and the 1-8 was SFP. Also, they aren't inexpensive.

This confused me as well, should be the opposite. 1-6 lends itself to sfp much better than 1-8 imo

If this is actual street price and the dot is bright they might have a real winner.

If this is actual street price and the dot is bright they might have a real winner.
If that's the case I'm definitely interested.

Gunzone is usually quite a bit cheaper than others but yes I'd love to look through one and I'll probably be a buyer at that price

Might not even need to be daylight bright to sell at that price.

Reactions: JDB55
Interested if anyone has gotten their hands on one of these yet and has a report? I'm curious how it stacks up to the Razor gen III 1-10 with that little bit bigger objective, specifically in eye relief/box. Not expecting the Vudu to have the razor level brightness, but expecting it to be a contender with a cheaper price tag.

Last edited:
Interested if anyone has gotten their hands on one of these yet and has a report? I'm curious how it stacks up to the Razor gen III 1-10 with that little bit bigger objective, specifically in eye relief/box. Not expecting the Vudu to have the razor level brightness, but expecting it to be a contender with a cheaper price tag.
Their website says March 2022

• Angry
Reactions: JDB55 and MG58
Alright, I just got off the SHOT floor. Here's some quick impressions of the 1-10x.

First and foremost, my evaluation is that the red reticle appears to be using the diffractive reticle illumination, which I confirmed with a rep on the floor and through my own eyes. I have a Razor Gen3. The way that the illumination reflects off the numbers in the reticle is extremely distinctive, and the Eotech 1-10x did exactly the same thing. It is pretty freaking cool to see it go from a (daylight) bright circle dot to a pretty decent christmas tree reticle. Glass quality seemed alright, but this is a terrible place for such evaluations.

I am not sure that the green reticle is using the same technology. My gut feeling is that it is not. I will also say that it seemed fairly bright on the floor show, but, again, the general haze of SHOT show (mental and physical) doesn't make it a good place for evaluating such things.

I really did not love the illumination controls. The buttons didn't feel intuitive compared to using a dial. I'm looking forward to what @koshkin has to say about all this and his evaluation. But, personal opinion, if this thing is street at $1500 or less, it's going to be the optic to beat.

Alright, I just got off the SHOT floor. Here's some quick impressions of the 1-10x.

First and foremost, my evaluation is that the red reticle appears to be using the diffractive reticle illumination, which I confirmed with a rep on the floor and through my own eyes. I have a Razor Gen3. The way that the illumination reflects off the numbers in the reticle is extremely distinctive, and the Eotech 1-10x did exactly the same thing. It is pretty freaking cool to see it go from a (daylight) bright circle dot to a pretty decent christmas tree reticle. Glass quality seemed alright, but this is a terrible place for such evaluations.

I am not sure that the green reticle is using the same technology. My gut feeling is that it is not. I will also say that it seemed fairly bright on the floor show, but, again, the general haze of SHOT show (mental and physical) doesn't make it a good place for evaluating such things.

I really did not love the illumination controls. The buttons didn't feel intuitive compared to using a dial. I'm looking forward to what @koshkin has to say about all this and his evaluation. But, personal opinion, if this thing is street at $1500 or less, it's going to be the optic to beat.
Thanks for the response. Interesting about the illumination, you would definitely think that would make it a true daylight bright reticle in all conditions. Also, general quick impressions question, was the Razor gen 3 noticeably better even with such a short time behind it? Main thoughts in that is eyebox/eye relief.

Eyebox didn't seem any worse than the Razor Gen3's, but I didn't have much time to play with it. Certainly it didn't seem overly picky at 1x. 10x required more positioning, but so does the Gen3. Don't even ask about FOV, I simply didn't have a place to evaluate it. Ditto for glass quality... everything looks good inside within fifty yards. :p

I couldn't tell you which one is better with a two minute eval in a moderately-lit convention center. I want people to understand the limits of what I can do on the floor, and to be honest, I am not the equal of many of you on the optics side despite owning a few decent scopes (Tango6 5-30x / 3-18x, Razor Gen2E and a Gen3, SMRS 1-8.5x, etc.).

Reactions: Cherodjr and JDB55
Eyebox didn't seem any worse than the Razor Gen3's, but I didn't have much time to play with it. Certainly it didn't seem overly picky at 1x. 10x required more positioning, but so does the Gen3. Don't even ask about FOV, I simply didn't have a place to evaluate it. Ditto for glass quality... everything looks good inside within fifty yards. :p

I couldn't tell you which one is better with a two minute eval in a moderately-lit convention center. I want people to understand the limits of what I can do on the floor, and to be honest, I am not the equal of many of you on the optics side despite owning a few decent scopes (Tango6 5-30x / 3-18x, Razor Gen2E and a Gen3, SMRS 1-8.5x, etc.).
Got it, very much appreciated!

New video from shot show, couple shots down the scope with the reticle and illumination. Not sure what setting that illumination is on...

Definitely doesn't look like it's daylight bright from the video, and I'm wondering if you can even use it without the illum on, like the Gen lll and NX8. At the beginning of the video with it on 1x all I could see was the outer circle and with the illum on I could hardly see the center dot.

Hopefully it's allot better in person, but I have my doubts. I'm definitely going to hold of getting one of these until I see several no BS reviews of them out in the wild.

Videos are even worse than Mark1 eyeball for determining reticle brightness, doubly so if they didn't crank it to max for marketing purposes. I agree that waiting for reviews is sensible in general, though. I have to go back into the show last minute to meet with someone, so perhaps I'll see if I can snag some reticle pictures this morning on my way.

Also, vis a vis the reticle, the Razor Gen3's reticle is also fairly difficult to use at 1x without illumination. Ultimately, a scope is the sum of its design and implementation choices; you can get away with certain LPVO reticles if you have an illumination system that will light them up well enough at 1x. What you used to see in a lot of older and cheaper FFP LPVOs was designers utilizing a reticle that would work well when properly lit, but not paying up for the technology to do that (the OG FFP AR Optics 1-4x coming especially to mind here).

ETA: incidentally, I saw a made in China SFP 1-6x LPVO at SHOT with a fiber optic reticle. It wasn't the best implementation I had ever seen, but it looked like it was easily daylight bright. I suspect we'll be seeing some very interesting daylight bright low-end scopes soon enough...

Last edited:
Reactions: JDB55 and MG58
Definitely doesn't look like it's daylight bright from the video, and I'm wondering if you can even use it without the illum on, like the Gen lll and NX8. At the beginning of the video with it on 1x all I could see was the outer circle and with the illum on I could hardly see the center dot.

Hopefully it's allot better in person, but I have my doubts. I'm definitely going to hold of getting one of these until I see several no BS reviews of them out in the wild.
I'm with you! While waiting on my Craddock barrel (still months away), I'll be deciding on this scope and the NX8. I know not apples to apples, but these are the two I'm interested in. Have a great day all! And finally, Let's Go Brandon!

Videos are even worse than Mark1 eyeball for determining reticle brightness, doubly so if they didn't crank it to max for marketing purposes. I agree that waiting for reviews is sensible in general, though. I have to go back into the show last minute to meet with someone, so perhaps I'll see if I can snag some reticle pictures this morning on my way.

Also, vis a vis the reticle, the Razor Gen3's reticle is also fairly difficult to use at 1x without illumination. Ultimately, a scope is the sum of its design and implementation choices; you can get away with certain LPVO reticles if you have an illumination system that will light them up well enough at 1x. What you used to see in a lot of older and cheaper FFP LPVOs was designers utilizing a reticle that would work well when properly lit, but not paying up for the technology to do that (the OG FFP AR Optics 1-4x coming especially to mind here).

ETA: incidentally, I saw a made in China SFP 1-6x LPVO at SHOT with a fiber optic reticle. It wasn't the best implementation I had ever seen, but it looked like it was easily daylight bright. I suspect we'll be seeing some very interesting daylight bright low-end scopes soon enough...
Very interesting about a Chinese made fiber optic illuminated lpvo. Are you able to share which manufacturer/scope specifically?

Reactions: MG58