• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vudu 2.5-10 or XTRII 2-10

duckhunter175

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Aug 4, 2020
DFW
Need glass for my 16" Noveske-- gets a good bit of use on preds, pigs and deer here in TX. Had a 4.5-14x VXIII but need lower end magnification for close/fast shots and night hunting. Only main difference I see between the 2 is the XTR does have a parallax adjustment and 34mm tube.

I do run this rifle on steel, for fun, to 500 and 600 yards but not sure the parallax is that important at those distances.

Staying away from 1x and small obj lens because I want a top end of 10x min and my price point is $750-800

Optics plant has both options for close to the same price-- which is the better option or is the a dark horse out there I've missed?

I have zero experience with the Vudu.

The 2.5-10 XTRII has a solid reputation as being an excellent choice in that magnification range. Tracking and durability is bulletproof.

Reactions: duckhunter175
Need glass for my 16" Noveske-- gets a good bit of use on preds, pigs and deer here in TX. Had a 4.5-14x VXIII but need lower end magnification for close/fast shots and night hunting. Only main difference I see between the 2 is the XTR does have a parallax adjustment and 34mm tube.

I do run this rifle on steel, for fun, to 500 and 600 yards but not sure the parallax is that important at those distances.

Staying away from 1x and small obj lens because I want a top end of 10x min and my price point is $750-800

Optics plant has both options for close to the same price-- which is the better option or is the a dark horse out there I've missed?

Not sure if you have bought the scope yet, but I suggest looking through one in store before you make the purchase. I have a PST Gen II 2-10, and the reticle is much smaller than I expect. I think I can still make quick shot if I practise, but I am not sure how usable is the one on XTR. I think a SFP scope would be more suitable for this magnification range.

Ended up with an XTRII purchased here on the hide. The reticle is thin but definitely usable and I'm overall impressed with the quality of the scope, image quality and light transmission compared to the LPVO I had previously on this rifle!

Ended up with an XTRII purchased here on the hide. The reticle is thin but definitely usable and I'm overall impressed with the quality of the scope, image quality and light transmission compared to the LPVO I had previously on this rifle!
I think you'll like it. All feedback on the 10x XTRII is solid.