• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vudu 5-25 or Mark 4HD 6-24

loveha

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Jul 31, 2018
    NW Lower Michigan
    In the market for two rifle scopes. They will be mounted to a 6.5CM and 300WSM. Top of the budget is $1500 each, but can stretch it out a couple hundred if the extra month to save is really worth the wait.
    I can get mil discounts, so that can be taken into consideration. I have it narrowed down to these two scopes, but I'm open to suggestions.
    Eotech Vudu 5-25x50 MD3 reticle.
    Leupold Mark 4HD 6-24x52 PR3-Mil reticle.
    As you can see in the reticle selection, not looking at anything with a tree reticle. I dial for elevation and hold wind.
    I get an employee discount on the Vudu, so of course the price has my attention. But reviews are limited, and one half says optically it is terrible. Other half say it is great for the price when on sale. Price to me is better than what you will ever see it for sale, let alone PX resale prices.

If the Leupold is better optically I will pay more for better glass. Unless, the turrets are mush, that is a deal breaker. Feel like I am always gambling when it comes to Leupold turrets. So good glass, good solid tactile clicks.
    My third option, is just deal with the tree reticle and get an S3 6-36X56 for the 6.5CM and not worry about the 300WSM for this year.