• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes VXIII vs VX3

PCR

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 28, 2006
tempe, az
I'm I correct that the VX3 is the newer model and have there been improvements?

It appears that I can buy the VXIII @ Bruno's for $603, and Adventure Outfitters quoted me $760 delivered for the VX3

Re: VXIII vs VX3

Whatever you do don't get a Mark 4 - be sure and get a Mk.IV. They go to 11.

The first one you list is known as the "Vee-Ex eye-eye-eye". They were a special run for the Navy. The VX3 is made for people that can't understand the Greek numbering system and are priced accordingly. It comes with a decoder ring in the box should you need to convert decimal to Greek notation, kinda like a mil-dot master only better.

Just kidding.

They are the same, just different nomenclature representation for the same line from Lupy. I think you mean Vari-X versus VX - that denotes a change in the Lupy product line.

What is most important is the specific model number of the scope so you know you are comparing apples to apples for the same scope and the only difference is the price.

Sounds like a quick trip to Bruno's today. I was told by adventure outfitters that he was over $100 more because his is the "the new model"

The vx3 is the new model vxIII has been discoed and are on close out everywhere. The vx3 was introduced at shot show and are starting to show up at retailers. Go to Leupys web sight read about new vx3 and decide if it is worth the extra $.

Hey I'm always happy to be wrong - and if you can keep track of Lupy's marketing and name changes you are doing better than I am.

I've been about to purchase a Mk IV (or is that Mark 4?) 10X M3 for a month now and this latest bit of Lupy mumbo-jumbo has pushed me over the edge, AWAY from Lupy.

Hello USO - a 37mm ST-10 with matching reticle and knobs (gee what a concept) order is coming your way.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: baypoint</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The vx3 is the new model vxIII has been discoed and are on close out everywhere. The vx3 was introduced at shot show and are starting to show up at retailers. Go to Leupys web sight read about new vx3 and decide if it is worth the extra $.</div></div>

Thanks for clearing that up. I went to the website and decided to by the new model. I can get it for $760 delivered to my door in 2 days. It's for a varmint rifle in .243. I'm considering Burris XTR 30mm low rings and XTB weaver style bases for a low profile.

Thanks guys