• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

W-3 Chassis: Rem 700 *Updated with Folder info*

Massoud

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 6, 2008
Boise area, Idaho
www.krg-ops.com
Shooters,
We are very happy to announce that our WHISKEY-3 Chassis: <span style="text-decoration: underline">Fixed</span> for the Remington 700SA <span style="text-decoration: line-through">will soon be available</span> is currently available. We are shipping the folding stocks to those on the pre-order list and hope to open purchasing of the folders in a couple weeks.

For those not familiar, a brief synopsis: The W3C started life as a folding stock for the Sako TRG, just the back end. After we did our AICS conversion kit for the TRG-22, we were very close to having a full chassis, so we made a forend and trigger guard and put a Tikka T3 in it. Well that was well received and the question we heard the most at SHOT and just in general was when was the 700 version coming. Well it's been in testing nearly all year and here it is:
http://www.kineticresearchgroup.com/products/w3c.php

This version retains tool-less adjustments for LOP and Cheek height. It also still has cant and vertical adjustment of the buttpad as well as fore and aft adjustment of the cheek piece. It will take some aftermarket recoil lugs with little or no cutting on the stock, but they come in all different sizes and shapes so we can't guarantee yours will work.

We recommend everyone read the "Detailed Info" section from the site so here it is:
Forend:
-Aluminum, designed for ergonomic feel
-Threaded mounting holes at various positions, total of 15-18, including two on each side for future accessories like NV mounts
-access hole for action mounting screw, so you can remove the action without removing forend
-Finish is hard anodize

“Backbone”/Chassis:
-V-bedding system for consistent contact between action and chassis
-Hardened stainless steel recoil lug instead of aluminum ones found on stock T3’s
-Rem 700 version can accommodate some large aftermarket recoil lugs like the Badger Ordnance lug without any or with only slight modification
-Designed for 5 or 10 round AICS magazines (with or without front spacer plate in T3, with spacer plate only in Rem 700 unless you have a modified action; Sako M995 version uses AICS CIP length or regular length magnum magazines; Badger M2008 version uses AI AW 10round double stack magazines )

Trigger Guard/Mag catch:
-Similar in shape to TRG trigger guard but made of aluminum instead of Delrin
-Will accept Barnard trigger for T3 as well as factory trigger
-Rem 700 version will accept the new x-mark triggers and some aftermarket triggers but some aftermarket triggers may require modifications to the trigger or chassis
-Mag catch is our popular Catch Extender which improves ergonomics and control

Folding Mechanism (not applicable for fixed stock):
-Main latch uses proven tapered plunger style lockup
-Secondary latch locks buttstock in folded position
-Spring loaded plungers lock automatically
-Tapered design of plungers allows tight lockup through wear of the system
-Latch components made of hardened stainless steel and nitrided high strength chromoly steel

Cheekpiece:
-Infinitely adjustable within range (1” travel)
-Uses thumbscrew to clamp/loosen
-Cheekpiece must be removed to remove bolt in some positions, but this is quick and we have included a simple feature to make the cheekpiece go back to the exact height you set it
-Cheekpiece can be moved forward and backward with several mounting positions
-Cheekpiece made of polymer to not transmit heat to or away from your face

Length of Pull:
-Adjustable in ¼” increments with nearly 2” of adjustment range
-LOP adjustment range varies slightly between versions but is roughly 12.8” to 15.4”
-Uses two cam locks to ensure a solid fit

Buttstock:
-CNC milled from billet aluminum
-Entire buttstock can be removed for easy storage or transport
-Entire buttstock assembly can be used on a TRG if you should desire
-Fixed buttstock can be upgraded to folding buttstock with parts kit in the future

Buttpad:
-Moves vertically to any desired position
-Locks in with set screw
-Buttpad is Remington 700 pattern so user can install aftermarket pre-fit pads
-Buttpad can tilt 15 degrees to each side (as if looking directly from the rear down the bore)

Mounting features for slings, monopods, etc:
-Buttstock has one built in ambidextrous QD sling mount point, and provisions for a second point higher and further toward the rear
-Buttstock includes bag rider/butthook which can be replaced with optional picatinny rail
-Harris bipod stud included on forend
-QD cups can be mounted on any number of positions on sides or bottom of forend

Optional Accessories:
-Front 6 o’clock picatinny rail (Magpul MOE L2 rail)- to mount accessories like rail mounted bipods
-Rear 6 o’clock picatinny rail (Magpul MOE L3 rail)- to mount accessories like a monopod
-QD sling cup- mount at various positions for use with slings with QD mounts
-Barrier Stop/Hand Stop- mount on forend to use during positional shooting

Materials/Finishes:
-All aluminum parts are bead blasted and hard anodized
-All fasteners are stainless steel with black oxide coating
-Steel parts are salt bath nitrided
-Grip panels are injection molded reinforced polymer
Weight:
-Fixed version is about 4lbs 14oz w/o magazine

Color:
-Black only

Weight:
Fixed-4lb 15oz, Folder-5lb 4oz

Price:
$890 Credit; $870 Check/Money Order for fixed version

Changes to Gen II from Gen I:
-Threaded mounting holes in forend in slightly different position, some are positioned to use the Magpul MOE L2 picatinny rail
-Trigger guard held on by two screws now instead of one screw and a tab
-No holes drilled in barrel channel on Gen II
-Grip panels are injection molded reinforced polymer instead of cast polyurethane
-Cheek piece is wider, taller, and more comfortable, and also injection molded
-Bag rider/Butthook is injection molded and included with chassis instead of being optional accessory
-Set screw has been added to top of buttstock to lock down LOP system to eliminate any play
-Bottom of buttstock has been modified to accept Magpul MOE L3 rail instead of L1 rail for more mounting positions, also there are two additional M5 threaded mounting points on the buttstock for more mounting options

Re: WHISKEY-3 Chassis for the Remington 700

Thank you for looking! Here are some pictures:
Fixed, as it ships:
IMG_2958mod2.jpg

Fixed, as it ships right side:
IMG_2959mod2.jpg

T3 Fixed underside:
IMG_3094mod.jpg

Rem 700 Folder
IMG_3072mod.jpg

IMG_3081mod.jpg

There's better pics on our website. There are pics of the Gen I stocks (sold out) and the new Gen II stocks.

this is the first chassis system like this that i really like. very nice.

chuck

Justin,
Will the forend accept the TRG bipod?
Len

Looks good but seems really familiar...... maybe krg tweaked a mcrees chassis?

I'm getting one! Will work be required to fit a surgeon 591 because of the side bolt release?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Northland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm getting one! Will work be required to fit a surgeon 591 because of the side bolt release?</div></div>

Interested in this question myself.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: razor88</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks good but seems really familiar...... maybe krg tweaked a mcrees chassis? </div></div>

Doesn't really look like a mcrees at all. Looks like a TRG stock with a different buttstock, which is what it was based on if take a look at the original post again.

Have you produced the TRG folders yet? That will be yourmain stay of production. Every man and his dog does a 700 stock but a great folder is the epiphany.

Well I had a post typed but it dissapeared.

Chuck-Thanks!

Len, the TRG bipod will fit in the front end but the 700 action sits lower and the barrel just barely hits the bipod. Elite Iron is doing a TRG bipod that should fit both.

As stated, definitely not a Mcree, in no way based on or similar to really except for the very basics (takes AICS mags, is made of aluminum.

Northland and Pyplynr, we're not sure about the bolt release on the Surgeon. KYS338 has a Surgeon in his and he had to open it up for a particular aftermarket trigger but he didn't say anything about the bolt release so I'm guessing it's fine.

TRG folders are 8 weeks out roughly, they are in production. Full W3C folders will be available right at that same time too for the 700 and T3 and maybe a couple others.

Thanks!
Justin

I am the proud owner of one of the first production Remington 700 SA Whiskey-3 chassis. The chassis is excellent. When I get a chance I will snap some pictures of my rifle and post them here.

When I picked mine up from Justin he told me they had a conversion in the works. He didn't have a timeframe or exact price yet, but it would be available.

Yeah, these are definitely the best stock/chassis system I've had the opportunity to shoot. There are some good ones out there, but this is so comfortable to be behind.

Keep up the good work KRG!

Copper-Thanks! and looking forward to the pictures

Robert, yeah the folder kit is coming, it should be easy to install for you, some screws and a roll pin. It will take a little longer than the other folders.

UncleBenji- Thanks! So far we've been happy with people's feelings on the ergonomics. Different people prefer different ergonomics but we're hoping once we have the small grip option we'll have almost everyone covered!

Justin

i went to the sight and throught it in cart and it came up as 9,999.99?????

We are still filling backorders right now. We have a discount code that we send out to people as we go down the list and that code brings the price to the appropriate level. Once we get all the back orders filled we'll change the price to 890 so you don't need a code. It should take another week or so to go through the list. It just takes time to send out emails and for guys to respond. Sorry for the confusion,
Justin

What is the maximum barrel diameter for these? Interested in doing a fun little project with one but would need it to accomodate a 1.5" suppressor tube.
smile.gif
Can it be modified to have a 1.5" channel without structural damage?

Justin,

Can you please post a picture of the tang/safety of the action? I'm interested in how eloquent the chassis and the tang come together and can't find a picture that shows that area.

Thanks!

Will this take the BT-19 spigot for the atlas bipod I thought I remembered something about this. Also when will tan be available.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Conqueror</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the maximum barrel diameter for these? Interested in doing a fun little project with one but would need it to accomodate a 1.5" suppressor tube.
smile.gif
Can it be modified to have a 1.5" channel without structural damage? </div></div>
Max barrel contour is 1.30" if I remember correctly. I'll let Justin tell you if one can be modified safely. I am running a 1.25" straight Kreiger tube with good clearance. Pics below.

Might as well put in my word on these stocks. I received a pre production model from KRG a while back for a Badger M2008 action build. I have tried five other available chassis systems and I can truthfully say this one is the most practical, well thought out, and functional than the others I've used. It is comfortable and the adjustability is easy and precise. The grip has proper distance to the trigger and feels right with thumb shelfs near the action tang on both sides. Fit and finish is what impressed me the most. For those who are in the market for a chassis for their Remington 700, consider the Whiskey-3.
3357dwl.jpg

Conqueror, it will take up to a 1.25" barrel as mnshortdraw mentioned. If you wanted to put a 1.5" can in there you could mill it out with a 1.5" diameter ball endmill and use some shorter screws to hold the forend on. Finding a ball endmill that big will be tricky, or you can put it in a CNC and interpolate it, or interpolate it on a manual mill with a smaller ball endmill. Keep in mind the stock is hard anodized so it will be tough on your endmills.

71 Firebird, I'll try to get a pic up. For some reason I had for a scope I sold but I deleted the pic. We are limited in the tang area by the design of the stock, i.e. the tang area looks the same on every version because of the way the grip panels are shaped.

Essential- It should take the Atlas Spigot no problem but that is not for sure. We've talked to Kasey about it but until we get one in hand we won't know for sure. We are working (slowly) on a QD mount to fit in there that takes a rail or bipod stud but we may just use Kasey's mount that screws on.

Mnshortdraw- We'll have some updated Gen II parts that I had mentioned here fairly soon to send up to you.

Okay thanks guys and keep the questions coming!
Justin

Justin, please explain how to put a QD cup on the forend. Getting ready for a hunt and would like one on the front. Is this something you guys are making as an attachment?

mnshortdraw- to put the QD cup on the bottom of forend, just use an M5x12mm button head screw. To put it on the side, we have M5x50mm button screw that we run all the way through and put a nut on the other side.

Radar- Thanks!

Justin

Interested in one for a Tikka T3. Is the price going to stay at $870, or is that a special time deal? PM inbound.

Hey Justin, what's the weight on these bad boys? Glad you're producing more for the 700 group other than the bolt lift (which is awesome btw).

Nevermind. Answered my own question. My "skimming scanning" reading skills suck. Thanks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Voyagertwelve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks awesome, I can't wait for the M2008 version. Will it be able to accept AW mags? </div></div>
The prototype M2008 version uses AIAW mags. I have been running one for over a month and couldn't think of anything that would need improvement. Hopefully the production model follows the same specs.

Yes the Badger Version uses AW mags. And also yes the price on the stock will likely rise early next year. Thanks guys.
Justin

Justin, can you please say what hex head screws are used? Also metric or..? What head size?

All screws on the Whiskey-3 are metric socket head screws, meaning you need metric hex wrenches to tighten/loosen them.
Most are M5 or M6 but the M6 screws are button or flat head so they take the same wrench as the M5 socket head cap screws. A couple are M3 button head and a couple are M4 socket head cap screws.

The action screws that are included for the Rem 700 are still 1/4-28 socket head screws.
Thanks,
Justin

Gents,
Starting today we have filled backorders and opened up purchasing. Now you can simply add one to your cart and the price will be 890 instead of 9,999.

This is only for the Rem 700 version, the T3 version is still locked up.

Thank you!
Justin

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dallas320i</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the update.

Do you have plans for own night vision accessory front rail for W3C </div></div>
I'd like that option in the future as well. I'm thinking something like the Badger IMUNS that bolts on. I know these guys are damn busy getting the Whiskey-3's out but something to work on once it settles down a bit.

There should be a couple options for NV mounting:
1. The Sako tri rail mount that mounts in the barrel channel should fit in theory although it is very sensitive to barrel diameter and position.

2. A proven company who already has NV mounts is working on a mount for TRG's that should also fit the W3C.

3. We're working on two styles of mounts, one is an offset mount that holds the NV at 45degrees that will let the NV hug the barrel tight, the other is a bridge type mount. Both would utilize the holes that are there in the sides of the forend. We are still a ways out on ours.

Thanks Gents,
Justin

Gents,
We have discovered that some people were under the impression that the Whiskey-3 Chassis is a full rifle that you can buy right off of our website. This is not the case. Most here know this but we had to actually say it. The Whiskey-3 is an upgraded stock that you buy for your existing Tikka T3 or Remington 700 rifle. Thanks!

Copper, thanks for posting pics! Looks good but how does she shoot?

Justin

Just wondering so if you order now, you get the Gen II, not the Gen I?

Nice pics! Hope the LA version is available at about the same time my stock funds are.

John, looking forward for a review. I'm in between a W3 and AICS w/ viperskins for the next rifle.

I just ordered one to try out. Figured that this is cheaper than a AICS stock but has the same functionality of the AICS w/ viper skins.