• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WA does it again!!!

i_Adam_i18

Private
Minuteman
Oct 22, 2008
Olympia, WA
Here we go again with the BS in Washington State. They want to take away law abiding gun owners rights, and give FELONS, in prison, the right to vote.

That's what I want, rapists, murderers, thieves, and wife beaters, voting for how America is run. $#@^&*%!!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SEATTLE, WA – A federal appeals court on Tuesday tossed out Washington’s law banning incarcerated felons from voting, finding the state’s criminal-justice system is “infected” with racial discrimination.

The surprising ruling, by a three-judge panel of the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals in Seattle, said the law violates the 1965 Voting Rights Act by disenfranchising minority voters.
The decision is the first in the country’s federal appeals courts to equate a prohibition against voting by incarcerated felons with practices outlawed under the federal Voting Rights Act, such as poll taxes or literacy tests.

But Washington’s 37,000 felons in prison or on community supervision should not yet break out their voter pamphlets. State Attorney General Rob McKenna said he will appeal — either back to a larger 9th Circuit panel, or directly to the U.S. Supreme Court.

The two-judge majority apparently was persuaded by the plaintiffs’ argument that reams of social-science data filed in the case showed minorities in Washington are stopped, arrested and convicted in such disproportionate rates that the ban on voting by incarcerated felons is inherently discriminatory.

The decision, written by Judge A. Wallace Tashima, said the studies "speak to a durable, sustained indifference in treatment faced by minorities in Washington’s criminal justice system — systemic disparities which cannot be explained by ‘factors independent of race.’ "

McKenna said the ruling, if upheld by the U.S. Supreme Court, would apply to all 48 states that ban voting by felons in prison or on supervision. But he disputed the research and the court’s legal reasoning.

“What the 9th Circuit did here is misapply the Voting Rights Act,” he said. “They just got it wrong.”

The case was first filed in Spokane in 1996 by Muhammad Shabazz Farrakhan, who was serving a three-year sentence at the Washington State Penitentiary in Walla Walla for a series of felony-theft convictions. Ultimately, five other inmates, all members of racial minority groups, joined as plaintiffs.

The case has twice bounced between district court and the appeals court.

It was built on research by University of Washington sociologists who found that blacks are 70 percent more likely — and Latinos and Native Americans 50 percent more likely — than whites to be searched in traffic stops.

The research also showed that blacks are nine times more likely to be incarcerated than whites, despite the fact that the ratio of arrests for violent crime among blacks and whites is less than four-to-one. One result of that: 25 percent of black men in Washington are disenfranchised from voting.</div></div>

Re: WA does it again!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WASP7067</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...That's what I want, rapists, murderers, thieves, and wife beaters, voting for how America is run. $#@^&*%!!!!! </div></div>

You've already got it... It's called Politicians... <grin>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wil</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WASP7067</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...That's what I want, rapists, murderers, thieves, and wife beaters, voting for how America is run. $#@^&*%!!!!! </div></div>

You've already got it... It's called Politicians... <grin> </div></div>

+1

Actually the ACLU filed the suit in the 9th District Court of appeals on behalf of several prisoners, Farrakan v Gregoire, this one is going to go to the Supreme Court.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually the ACLU filed the suit in the 9th <span style="font-weight: bold">Circus</span> Court of appeals on behalf of several prisoners, Farrakan v Gregoire, this one is going to go to the Supreme Court. </div></div>

fixed it for you

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WASP7067</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One result of that: 25 percent of black men in Washington are disenfranchised from voting.</div></div>

...well, maybe they shouldn't have committed felonies if they were worried about their right to vote.

Well sure, why not? Illegals get to vote in local elections because their kids go to our schools too, and they use the city/county trash services, drive on the roads, etc. Now, they might not actually pay for any of it, but since they consume it, they should be able to have a hand in its review.

At least that's the logic I saw used in California.

Should felons vote? No. Should non-violent white-collar crime felons be allowed to own guns, yes I think they should.

<span style="color: #FF0000"> by a three-judge panel of the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals in Seattle,</span>

<span style="color: #000000"> There's the problem right there. They are the nuttiest bunch in the country!</span>

This is because our govenor wants her job, and she promised open and fair elections (after she stole it).

Now if they can vote, it's been calculated they vote Dem, so they can now get these guys voting whether they do or don't vote and I'm sure their parole officer will help pursuade them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BugSniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Should felons vote? No. Should non-violent white-collar crime felons be allowed to own guns, yes I think they should. </div></div>

At least "white-collar crime felons" have to go through a process to get their rights back. These JO's are going to be handed their rights back while they are still in prison.

I do agree that it's obviously a ploy by dems to get more votes, after all, they are the protectors of criminals.