• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Wait....there is an olympics going on?

TheGerman

Oberleutnant
Minuteman
  • Jan 25, 2010
    the Westside
    I didn't know this until about 5 minutes ago when I saw some story about some Russian chick who got caught for doping (surprise there!) and then below it was literally my next thought......the lowest ratings EVER.

Now the ski jump pictures with a nuclear power plant next to it make total sense.

I didn't even know this was going on. Didn't we just have a total clusterfuck failure of one like 4 months ago or something? Why can't they just take a hint and just fucking get rid of this or build 1 olympics facility and do it there every 4 years so we can all continue to not give a shit, yet it also won't keep bankrupting all of the places it goes to where its consistently sold as 'great for the local economy'.

Apparently ratings are abysmal. Like horrible rose than anyone would have thought bad.

Averaging around 12 million TOTAL viewers with a low of 9 million. For reference, any of your run of the mill TV shows on any channel during the week will average 3-4 million viewers.

Don't give a shit. Used to love the Olympics. It's no longer about what it was intended.
    when they started to allow professionals, it lost the luster for me, even though that is sort of unfair for sports with no money.
    i dunno. i still want to root for my fellow americans, but it is harder now knowing that half of them hate me and want me dead or in camps.

russia vs sweden in womens curling used to be a favorite. :p

my favorite is when giving the reasons, they fail to see that many simply won't watch woke bs or that many Americans don't want to support China. Those are my reasons

Think about all the new variants we get to look forward to when they come back.

62F564F5-47DB-44A9-907F-E13E7D6F9AE7.jpeg

Probably that new hemorrhagic fever that's currently got several large cities locked down over there. (yay)

Haven't watched one in 20 years and don't plan to change that. I do find it interesting all the "woke" corporations sponsoring the olympics. They don't seem to have any problem being associated with a brutal, communist dictatorship. They know where the money is, their only true guiding principle.

I mean what the fuck were they thinking having it in China? All the sane people fucking hate china. Olympics has been on the decline then they host it in the country that fucked the world economy? If it would only bankrupt them then it would be a success.
    C&C Corruption & Coercion.

Told the wife, if you want to watch it, you need to go to the bedroom...........

The Olympics have become a total sham. I haven’t watched in years. When I did watch it was curling or bobsledding. The fact it’s televised on liberal legacy media makes it a hard pass. I could give 2 fucks about most sports. Honestly rodeo is one of the only sports I will watch. If you haven’t been to a major pro rodeo, do yourself a favor and see what athletes and sanctioning bodies should be. True Americans

The Olympics have become a total sham. I haven’t watched in years. When I did watch it was curling or bobsledding. The fact it’s televised on liberal legacy media makes it a hard pass. I could give 2 fucks about most sports. Honestly rodeo is one of the only sports I will watch. If you haven’t been to a major pro rodeo, do yourself a favor and see what athletes and sanctioning bodies should be. True Americans
    I used to look forward to the Winter Oympics, no more. Motorsports and Rodeo. I won't watch any stick and ball "game".

Reactions: Average guy
    Rodeo is getting woke.....barrel racers and break away chicks are wearing helmets now. Those fucktards are in everything!

Rodeo is the most expensive sport there is. Its not like it was in 80s. Not even close. Its a rich mans sport, worse than my gun habit.

While I barely give a fragment of a shit about the Olympics and have consistently forgotten it's happening right now even when I read something about it, I'm onboard with building a single permanent Olympic site, or one each for the Summer and Winter Olympics. The HQ for the committee and the museum are in Switzerland, so why not officially move it there? Got mountains for the winter stuff, room for the summer facilities, and very nice scenery. Toblerone for everybody!

Reactions: rhsc
    I used to look forward to the Winter Oympics, no more. Motorsports and Rodeo. I won't watch any stick and ball "game".
    I agree. After the Bubba Wallace debacle I backed off on NASCAR, but I love World of Outlaws sprints. Seems the more someone is making in sports the more woke they become.

I agree. After the Bubba Wallace debacle I backed off on NASCAR, but I love World of Outlaws sprints. Seems the more someone is making in sports the more woke they become.
    I was hoping Bubba would do well, but after that bullshit it's fun to watch him suck. I can't believe they let him claim a race win because of rain when there was still plenty of daylight left to get them back on the track. I still watch NASCAR...but I grew up watching dirt track racing, that's more fun.

I was hoping Bubba would do well, but after that bullshit it's fun to watch him suck. I can't believe they let him claim a race win because of rain when there was still plenty of daylight left to get them back on the track. I still watch NASCAR...but I grew up watching dirt track racing, that's more fun.
    “I’m a mediocre driver, but I don’t have fans because I’m black”

He’s a middle of the pack guy but since Dale died and Jr retired truex Is the only one I semi pay attention to. He seems like a good dude I used to talk to him some back in the day when I was big into RC stuff.

Reactions: 10ring'r
    I’m just glad she renounced her citizenship so she didn’t shame our country any. We really dodged a bullet on that one.

Doubt she will be able to...
    she probably would not have made the us squad? i don't follow it so no clue on that.

I grew up around dirt tracks. Just seems to interest me more than nascar anymore. But either one has the anthem and an invocation. Just like rodeo.

Reactions: Cowpokey
    because (probably) we used to ski, we enjoyed the ski events and jumping. i forget some didn't grow up on wide world of sports.
    You missed my "Shades of Montana in Giant Slalom Crash" thread today...I thinks its on the second or third page here in the Bear Pit somewhere...

While I barely give a fragment of a shit about the Olympics and have consistently forgotten it's happening right now even when I read something about it, I'm onboard with building a single permanent Olympic site, or one each for the Summer and Winter Olympics. The HQ for the committee and the museum are in Switzerland, so why not officially move it there? Got mountains for the winter stuff, room for the summer facilities, and very nice scenery. Toblerone for everybody!
    Agreed on one single, regular venue for the Olympics, but it should be given back to Greece. They invented the damn thing after all. Lord knows, they could use some extra income.

I didn't know this until about 5 minutes ago when I saw some story about some Russian chick who got caught for doping (surprise there!)
    The 15 girl who everyone (including me) said was a the phenom of a generation throwing multiple quads only men do. Glad she got caught. When someone is that much better than everyone else, you have to be suspicious.

Edit: The banned drug was trimetadazine; used to improve blood flow. Wonder if they are going to try to appeal and say she had microclots from the jab...

Yeah its all slowly making sense now.

I had heard of a US citizen going back to China but I thought it was just now at some sort of annual 'championship' or whatever bullshit they do. Failing hard at the olympics after all of that is LOL

The lefties on NBC are all gaga over the way China is conserving resources at this years games.

For example, instead of wasting powder and a primer each time they fire a wasteful starter pistol, the Chinese are starting all the races by executing a prisoner.

They are so good at Saving the planets’ resources for the future. You go, green China!!!

Sirhr

“On your Marx, get set… bang” Just ‘sayin.

Olympics take too long. Start combining sports, like bobsledding and ski jumps, and I might tune in.

Put everything on the ski jump for that matter. Contestants, judges, commentators, video trucks... One continuous aerial demolition derby until there's nobody left. I'd pay for that.

Last edited:
    Reactions: badthirtyone
    I have not watched them at all this year, and yes I can say 100% because China.

I generally like them, the people that actually are in them work their entire life to that one goal......usually that is their peak but I will not get into that. Winter I usually like about anything on ice, I am not counting that sorry excuse for snow they are using over there, that I am shocked has not killed anyone yet. Summer track and field is where my interest lie.

I am just amazed, the "people" from china are cheating, see the deal with the speed skater, and the chinese cry about the press they are getting. You know what screw them. Why the entire world caters to russia and china I have no idea.

Eh ramble......but no, not watching a single thing, I have seen clips of the cheats and near death however.