• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Wal-Mart gets more guns. Firearm sales booming.

oregon

Private
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2011
Portland, Oregon
www.designavs.com
In the WSJ today, "Wal-Mart Stores Inc. is quietly bringing back rifles, shotguns and ammunition to hundreds of U.S. stores as the hurting retail giant seeks to reinvigorate its one-stop shopping appeal and attract more male customers.

The world's largest retailer stopped selling hunting rifles and bullets at all but a third of its U.S. stores five years ago, citing diminishing sales. It is now restoring them to hundreds of locations, bringing the total to nearly half of its more than 3,600 U.S. namesake stores" and more is at:

Wal-Mart Adds Guns Alongside Butter

Backing that article up is news about rising gun purchases:

Firearm Sales Gaining Momentum

"After Tepid Gains During Downturn, Firearm Sales Rise at Double-Digit Rates. ... The gun business is on track to have its strongest growth in sales since 2008, according to the latest available data.

Federally tracked gun sales rose more than 12.7% in the first quarter, demonstrating the strongest year-over-year growth rate for the gun industry in three years.

The data are drawn from sales in gun stores that require a federal background check. In March, for instance, gun sales jumped 15%".

Re: Walmart gets more guns. Firearm sales booming.

I was talking to a girl working in the local W*M's sporting goods department and she told me that (1) they were finally getting their act together with regards to stocking levels with ammo and that (2) the purchasing of ammo by stockpilers continues pretty much unabated. I'm not sure what all of it means, but at least some of it seems to be for the good.

Re: Walmart gets more guns. Firearm sales booming.

Funny how a few years ago firearms were considered evil nasty things and they wanted rid of them but now evil and nasty is OK due to projected profits.

Re: Wal-Mart gets more guns. Firearm sales booming.

Noticed a couple days ago when shopping around for a specific gun item no one locally stocks that Wal-Mart is getting very active online. Can order stuff listed as 'online only' then have delivered to a nearby store free to pick up (even to stores that do not normally stock guns). But only half the stores can, because special order guns, firearms, and ammunition are only available at Walmart stores licensed to sell firearms so you have to check in your areal

On my item, Wal-Mart wanted $80 for me to pick up nearby. And Amazon could get it shipped to my house for $75. Went with Amazon. So found Wal-Mart priced better than many local retailers, most online, and gave me a better selection than some at a decent price. While didn't win my business this time. Will compare and consider getting select gun items at Wal-Mart when the end price is better.

If anyone knows of any Wal-Mart extra special deals on guns or ammo please share.

Tried to compare the Walmart price next for Federal XM193F 20 Cartridges 5.56mm M193 Ball 55g Metal Case Boat-Tail Bullet Ammo in a little brown box. Paid $6.99 per 20 last night at another local retailer who usually does decent. Someone said in another thread Walmart had it for a good deal but could not find online.

Noticed the other day, a new gun cabinet setting in the sporting goods section, of the local Walmart.

Empty still, but obviously awaiting inventory.....

Same store that took 'em out a while back, and was just too damn good to sell guns anymore.

Fuck 'em.........

Still ain't happening here in Kalifornia. You can get shotgun ammo in a couple of the stores on the outskirts of town, china camo clothes, and fish bait.

Ever since I asked about Ballistic Tip ammo at the local Wally World & the sporting goods clerk told me that they didn't sell "high explosive bullets", I generally try to steer clear of those asshats...

Maybe there is a new line of Chinese made guns and Chinese made ammo coming???

I noticed the local Walmart had a few firearms about a month ago, they have a cricket I've got my eye on for my oldest. As for the ammunition I wont buy anything but shotgun and .22 LR plinking ammo from them so I couldn't tell you what they had.

I hate Wal Mart, I won't buy from them unless I'm in real need to. They bring their fancy lawyers in and squash out local businesses. Then trying to get them to do their job to service a customer is like pulling teeth. Sorry, is venting allowed? I'll go to Academy and my local gun shop before going to Wal Mart.

Was in local w/m last night and the rack was full not an empty space and ammo was stocked up also, never seen it like that before. MM

I buy ammo at Wal*Mart specifically because it just about has to be a "loss leader" at their prices. Otherwise, I try to stay away. I'd buy ammo at local gun shops instead, but they must not get much more of a discount than I do from wholesalers, judging from the jacked-up prices that they want to charge me.

I have no intentions of ever buying a firearm from "The Mart". BUT whereinthehell does everybody get their everyday supply needs, if not Wal-Mart. I live in the middle of BFE. All small towns within a 30 mile radius, have bars and quick shops, along with alot of empty storefronts (due in a large part to Wal-Mart). I have to drive over 20 miles just to get to Wal-Mart for supplies. Just wonderin what options there really are in todays America, outside of driving 60 miles and making multiple stops...

My local(30 miles away) Wally World brought guns back a couple of months ago. The cabinet has been kept full and since bringing guns back they seem to keep up on ammo levels too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Still ain't happening here in Kalifornia. You can get shotgun ammo in a couple of the stores on the outskirts of town, china camo clothes, and fish bait. </div></div>

WM's in the Palmdale/Lancaster(Ca.)area are VERY well stocked in ammo
wink.gif

NO guns here, and won't be any from what I was told.
LG

Columbus MS never stoped having long guns. Read somewhere a while back they are bringing back handgus also. They don't like someone else makeing a $ if they can get in the game too.

Wall mart has always had guns here. Rifles have always been reasonably priced, handguns not so much so.

The walmarts in Northern CO sell Rifles, muzzle loaders, ammo and reloading supplies. Primer and powder are at retail price, but always available.

Just got back from our local Wal-Mart. It is a new store that opened last year. Ours is one of the 500 newest not supposed to have guns and now they have an ammo case and tell me in a few months guns are coming in. The manager I talked to was not sure where he was going to put the guns, and told me the store when built never had plans to get guns.

Be extremely careful with what you buy. Some prices are nearly double. For example, .223 Reminton ammo was $9.45 at Walmart, same at another retailer today for $6.49. So Wali-world is not always the best. Be careful. At the same time ...

Did get some 30-06 Federal ammo in 150g or 180g for $14 (same retailer above $19). Got a bunch of 7mmRM Federal 150g for $18 (as same retailer above $25). These are the best prices have seen anywhere.

So my experience is some of the deals are the best ever. Others are more expensive than can be had elsewhere so be careful. For factory Federal ammo in 3006 and 7mmRM - last years blue box now in a red box our Remy 700s love, Wal-Mart has the best prices I've seen by far.

Keep us posted if you find any Walmart deals. Expected them to have a sale this week introducing guns again ... and found nothing but killer deals on 7mmRM and 3006 ammo. Gun case coming to our local store opened recently with no plans for guns which changed.