• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Walker Razor hearing protection or ?? * for daughter for hunting*

rookie7

Outdoorsman
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2009
Georgia
Morning,

Asking the Hide before I order. My 13 year old daughter and I deer hunt together - same stand. She likes to be on her phone or tablet while sitting.

Yes, I did a search, but most of the recent info is about in ear protection that is more than I can spend right now.

Unless someone has a better recommendation I am going to order a set of Walker Razors.

Looking for:

1. Protection from blast (20" 6.5 grendel with forward blast muzzle device)

2. Headphone jack for her phone (bluetooth would be ideal, but reviews on the Walker's with BT are not consistently good)

3. Speaker system so she can hear me whisper directions/instructions to her

4. Comfort

Thank you in advance!

I have had good luck with Walkers razor muffs. There are better, but for $50 on sale they will be hard to beat. My kids really like them when we shoot.

I just ordered a pair from Midway. Really liked the slim profile, reduced bulk, and design features. What your daughter might try is wearing a pair of ear buds under the muffs. Mind you, I have never tried this, but theoretically it should work. I think it is really great that your daughter enjoys spending time with you while hunting. Good luck!

Reactions: rookie7
I just ordered a pair from Midway. Really liked the slim profile, reduced bulk, and design features. What your daughter might try is wearing a pair of ear buds under the muffs. Mind you, I have never tried this, but theoretically it should work.

That is a great idea. She already has a pair of Airpods that may work really well - no need for a cord which is a win.

They are great for the price, I have used a couple different pairs of them. Compared to upper end Peltor and Sordin/MSA, the Razors have a fair amount of white noise. As for comfort, they are about the same as any headphones. Keep in mind if she starts getting headaches its probably from the sides of her sunglasses/glasses pressing against the sides of her head.

They make different models at different price points. I got the ones with the US flag patches and the audio is terrible, for what it’s worth. It’s so bad, I feel disoriented when I wear them. I’ve heard the Howard Leight Impacts are better. They cost about the same and also have audio input.

Reactions: WATERWALKER
My dislikes:
Can't tell where the sound is coming from. Front, back, left, right? Only that there is sound.

Comfort, I upgraded to noisefighter gel ear pads, big improvement.

White noise, but if you turn the volume down, it's a non issue.

Overall, they are a good buy for the money. They do a good job in noise reduction, have good battery life, are slim and don't break the bank.

The Razors are a good buy with a caveat. No head phones are really comfortable long term. I've got 3 pair of the razors and after a while they give me a head ache. But they check all of the other boxes so I continue to use them.

They make different models at different price points. I got the ones with the US flag patches and the audio is terrible, for what it’s worth. It’s so bad, I feel disoriented when I wear them. I’ve heard the Howard Leight Impacts are better. They cost about the same and also have audio input.

I've had the Howards for a few years now, my dad has razors. I find the razors a lot more comfortable. Audio is a wash I think, at least for talking. I've never used the BT or input jack.

I'd buy the razors for myself too, but I mostly have a can on now so I've put that off.

Morning,

Asking the Hide before I order. My 13 year old daughter and I deer hunt together - same stand. She likes to be on her phone or tablet while sitting.

Yes, I did a search, but most of the recent info is about in ear protection that is more than I can spend right now.

Unless someone has a better recommendation I am going to order a set of Walker Razors.

Looking for:

1. Protection from blast (20" 6.5 grendel with forward blast muzzle device)

2. Headphone jack for her phone (bluetooth would be ideal, but reviews on the Walker's with BT are not consistently good)

3. Speaker system so she can hear me whisper directions/instructions to her

4. Comfort

Thank you in advance!
Love them. I have used them in the duck/goose blinds and at the range. Now, really just use them at the range as any muff type EP interfers with shouldering a shotgun so bought some in-ear electronic plugs ($$).

Bought my son a pair of Walkers. Performance is as good as any I have see, price is decent, and they are indeed comfortable.

On my older pair, I recently upgraded it with the gel pads and they are super comfortable.

I have the quads (four microphones...two on each side, yeah) as I thought it would give better directional info on incoming birds, but as I said, I really don't like any muff for a bird hunting situation.

But I do continue to use them all the time at the range and would wear them deer hunting. Just don't like them with shotguns due to mount interference.

I have razors but I tried my buddies Howard Leights. The sound is much clearer on the Howard leights and both seemed about the same in terms of comfort. Sale prices always get me too!

I just got a set of these. Love them! Great protection and Bluetooth. They have separate volume controls for the Bluetooth and the electronic hearing part, which really helps you tune in or out what sounds you want.

Lucid now owns Etymotic, who make really good in-ear electronic hearing protection. They are big supporters of shooting, hunting, mil/LE etc. Their products are outstanding.

I have razor muffs with the noise fighter gel cups. They are very comfortable and can be worn all day with out concern. My 5 year old will keep them on without complaining.