• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Wall of Shame

Re: Wall of Shame

I have not found the key to receiving scopes w/out paying for them, yet.

It's easy for me to say this after the fact I suppose, but how did all of these people end up with product without paying for it. I always pay right up front.

In the end though, it doesn't really matter I guess. It seems like not so long ago, America was filled with honest, hard working people. Now, much to my chagrin, there are a lot of people out there that are more concerned with getting ahead and making a quick, easy buck. It's really too bad - a real sign of a deteriorating society in my opinion.

That makes me want to buy something from them just to remind them that not everyone is like that. Unfortunately, unlike the people on that list, I have no money. It seems like they were all doing pretty well though. That's good.

Its sad thats alot of coin to be out of.Alex is a super nice guy to bad a few assholes always screw it up for the rest.

For the last 10 years I've worked as a consultant to medium size businesses to help bring them to profitability. And every new business I go to it still amazes me as to how many dirt bags like this are out there. High end optics like this make up a fairly small percentage of the market. Chances are if these people aren't members here they are at the clubs and comps we are at. The guys at eurooptics are a good bunch of guys. As a group we should keep our eyes open for shit like this. I'm sure some of that equipment has been sold, maybe even here.

I was talking about funny as posting these crooks name up. I thought I would help pass their names around. Never funny to see a person with a kind heart trying to help. Most are probably a member of one of the hunting/shooting forums. People like this need to be drug out into the open

How were the products ever shipped without payment being received before they left his shop? It is sad that people don't fullfill financial obligations and I'm sure the economy isn't helping matters any, but that is not excuse for whelch's!

XXX, I totally agree with you. I didn't take it that you were saying it's funny that they are getting away with it. Drag these cheap fuckers out in the street and make an example out of them. Cut their hands off and let them try to dial dope on their free scopes with their bloody stumps. Fuck 'em!

Good for Alex for doing this!! Maybe a little friendly (or not-so-friendly) harassment of these deadbeats will get some results!!

Good luck, Brother! I hope you nail the B@st@rds!

One of these jokers is close to me. I'll be giving him a visit next week. Not much I can really do except annoy him, but I'll enjoy that. He's a big shot at a big company. I'm hoping to make a scene in the lobby.

Unfortunately, if they haven't already, it seems like they only way to go in the future is to accept forms of payment that are reliable and not ship until payment is confirmed.

I work with a camera store, and last year we had quite a few instances where people would order a $4000 camera with a credit card, and have it overnighted that day. A couple days after we would get a call from Visa saying the person who ordered that was using a stolen card.

Guess who got to eat the $4000? Us.

That sucks for Euro. Makes me want to order something from them...and pay for it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bunnyblaster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I work with a camera store, and last year we had quite a few instances where people would order a $4000 camera with a credit card, and have it overnighted that day. A couple days after we would get a call from Visa saying the person who ordered that was using a stolen card.

Guess who got to eat the $4000? Us.

That sucks for Euro. Makes me want to order something from them...and pay for it. </div></div>

I fully understand but that is poor business practice by sending a $4000 camera to an address that is not the billing address. Also, there is something called theft. If any of these businesses have proof that product was delivered and funds were not received they can call state attorney/cops and they can file for theft.

Good for Euro Optic, I too have thought about having a wall of shame on my website, but I luckily only have one client who ordered something and never paid, so if you know a Mike Soljack of Fairplay CO, look out!! He makes up stories about the weather, his knee, the clutch in his truck and never pays.

Great move from Alex

I've bought (yes, BOUGHT...money changed hands at the point of order!
wink.gif
) from him for the first time recently and would definitely go back!

Hate to see people taking advantage. With so many bad vendors around, we need all the good guys we can get!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">At least one is a member here, no I won't tell you who just yet, but I did pm him for an explanation.

Jason </div></div>

Well I figure it is the last one on the list. Don't wait to long to let us know.

AS of right now, whenever I feel the need to yell at someone I will be calling a name from that list and letting them have it.

It should be the first line of therapy treatment. Call an assh*le and tell him he's an assh*le at the top of your voice!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">At least one is a member here, no I won't tell you who just yet, but I did pm him for an explanation.

Jason </div></div>

Not trying to cause a stir, but, if the guy's explanation is FOS shouldn't he be named and shamed? Someone here could send him money for a product they'll never receive...

I bought my NF from Alex. When I ordered, it was out of stock. He said when it came in he'd ship it an include an invoice. I told him I'd get the payment headed his way and he said just to wait until I got the scope. For my next high end optic purchase, I know where I'm going.

The only reason I could come up with was that 'typically' the customer looking at scopes that cost as much as what EuroOptic sells isn't some yahoo looking for a scope to stick on a deer rifle.

Honestly, and I hate to say it, I'm surprised there are only nineteen people on the list.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">At least one is a member here, no I won't tell you who just yet, but I did pm him for an explanation.

Jason </div></div>

Not trying to cause a stir, but, if the guy's explanation is FOS shouldn't he be named and shamed? Someone here could send him money for a product they'll never receive...

</div></div>

I think there should be a 'don't do business with' list on SH.

Alex is a good guy, I bought a scope for it but was unsure which reticle I wanted. He shipped the scope out that day, and said if I want it, just send him a check, if not, just send it back.

Too bad people take advantage of him. I hope someone harasses these dirtbags as they deserve it.

Jason </div></div>

He wont have an excuse. I hope he is prominent enough a member here that if you threaten to out him publicly that it will compel him to make things right with Mr Roy.

Let us know who it is.

Well, i suppose if your dumb enough to send out product without it being paid for, then I suppose you will have these problems. Maybe if I get up by Cheney again, I'll try to look Mark up and maybe I can get something for free!

I really would like to know, how does someone receive their scope before paying for it? Payment plans?

Maybe he should stop sending out scopes without payment and then he wont be in the hole for a bunch of money?!

Does he not think its easy to change your phone number and move from that address he lists?

A little common sense would save money. He might be a nice guy but he is going to keep taking a beating when assholes abuse his good nature. I think if your dumb enough to go by the policy of " oh everyone is straight laced they will send me my money AFTER they get my products" you are not intelligent and need to stop doing business. You will be broke quick.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TacticalJ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, i suppose if your dumb enough to send out product without it being paid for, then I suppose you will have these problems. Maybe if I get up by Cheney again, I'll try to look Mark up and maybe I can get something for free! </div></div>

Yeah, thats the problem.

Any POS shit that is gullible enough to trust fellow gun lovers deserves to get ripped off.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe he should stop sending out scopes without payment and then he wont be in the hole for a bunch of money?!

Does he not think its easy to change your phone number and move from that address he lists?

A little common sense would save money. He might be a nice guy but he is going to keep taking a beating when assholes abuse his good nature. I think if your dumb enough to go by the policy of " oh everyone is straight laced they will send me my money AFTER they get my products" you are not intelligent and need to stop doing business. You will be broke quick. </div></div>

I think his success in a very competitive business kind of blows your theory to shit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hydro556</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe he should stop sending out scopes without payment and then he wont be in the hole for a bunch of money?!

A little common sense would save money. He might be a nice guy but he is going to keep taking a beating when assholes abuse his good nature. I think if your dumb enough to go by the policy of " oh everyone is straight laced they will send me my money AFTER they get my products" you are not intelligent and need to stop doing business. You will be broke quick. </div></div>

I think his success in a very competitive business kind of blows your theory to shit.

</div></div>

BIG +1

Alex is a class guy & you make him sound "naive" for trying to run his business using an honor system for conducting transactions. I agree that there are scumbags out there who can and will rip off a vendor who chooses to actually TRUST his clientelle to deal honestly & professionally. However, the vast majority of those passionate about optics & shooting would never dream of being dishonest with an online vendor. Alex's payment policy & outstanding servicing have brought a lot of new shooters to our sport/passion. Instead of calling his business practices stupid or a one way ticket to bankruptcy, maybe you should just thank him for being an honest guy who gives an average guy like me the opportunity to use the best equipment avaliable... He's a huge asset to the shooting community & a great guy as well.

The reason our society is the way it is today is because of this bullshit, apathetic attitude of, "Well, that's just the way things are today." No, fuck that. There was a time when a handshake and a man's word was how business was done. Now you've gotta have lawyers and signed documents? Don't try to make Alex out to be the bad guy here. These pieces of shit are the exact reason this country is so fucked. "What can I get out of this situation? How can I screw a hard-working American out of something so that I can continue to sit on my fat ass and milk the system?"

My vote: Kill them.

I will admit I may be in the same situation as some of these people however, I choose to state that I can't afford the stuff upfront and ask if they are willing to put it on the shelf for me and allow me to pay a bit as we go until I pay it off and then they send it to me. People who take advantage of good people suck! If I can't afford something, I'll take the time to get it (works better than saving as that never works) by letting them keep the stuff until I have paid for it. Can't believe someone is using something that is not theirs and are OK with it.
These guys suck and should be hounded till they pay up or send back with a loaner fee.
Chad

i love it. two thing i hate more than any thing in this world are thieves and lairs.

I just ordered a NXS from Alex yesterday. Called him Monday to ask questions about purchasing a NF. I told him I will have to give it some more thought. Logged on his website and gave him my decision Monday night. Called back Tuesday and he said already shipped. I told him I would send a check. Stopped at the post office after work mailed payment. Checked my email later that evening and already had a tracking number. Fantastic service!! Call me naive but I still believe in a handshake on a deal and that's what I felt I got while talking to Alex on the phone. Will I give him future business, you bet your ass!

If I finally decide to buy that fabled NXS once Mr IRS sends me my tax refund next month, I'll be buying it from Alex. He seems like a stand-up guy.

Alex seems like a very honest person. It is too bad that a few Hide members here call him names and tear him down for basing much of his business on an honor system. In today's world, you DO have to make smart business decisions that will protect your assets, but I think the focus should be on the cowardess and dishonesty of the thieves that stole the products he sells instead of Alex's acts of generosity that backfired.

-Erik

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ceylonc</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hydro556</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe he should stop sending out scopes without payment and then he wont be in the hole for a bunch of money?!

</div></div>

BIG +1

Alex is a class guy & you make him sound "naive" for trying to run his business using an honor system for conducting transactions. I agree that there are scumbags out there who can and will rip off a vendor who chooses to actually TRUST his clientelle to deal honestly & professionally. However, the vast majority of those passionate about optics & shooting would never dream of being dishonest with an online vendor. Alex's payment policy & outstanding servicing have brought a lot of new shooters to our sport/passion. Instead of calling his business practices stupid or a one way ticket to bankruptcy, maybe you should just thank him for being an honest guy who gives an average guy like me the opportunity to use the best equipment avaliable... He's a huge asset to the shooting community & a great guy as well. </div></div>

ceylonc +1

You may find that some of these dead beats have ordered from Alex previously, and it's on the 2nd or 3rd time around when they order again, that they do the wrong thing.
Could be some of his clients have an account with him.eg I'll send you the scope, you pay me in 30 days. There are plenty of people who like to F@#K others over. S*&T just read some of the posts here!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ceylonc</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hydro556</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe he should stop sending out scopes without payment and then he wont be in the hole for a bunch of money?!

</div></div>

BIG +1

Alex is a class guy & you make him sound "naive" for trying to run his business using an honor system for conducting transactions. I agree that there are scumbags out there who can and will rip off a vendor who chooses to actually TRUST his clientelle to deal honestly & professionally. However, the vast majority of those passionate about optics & shooting would never dream of being dishonest with an online vendor. Alex's payment policy & outstanding servicing have brought a lot of new shooters to our sport/passion. Instead of calling his business practices stupid or a one way ticket to bankruptcy, maybe you should just thank him for being an honest guy who gives an average guy like me the opportunity to use the best equipment avaliable... He's a huge asset to the shooting community & a great guy as well. </div></div>

I never attacked him to say he is a bad person. I said his business method is just not a smart one. I would never do a construction job and say "hey, you pay me when you decide you like it, or I will just come rip it up for you".

That is not the way to do it. Does SWFA send out product without getting paid? No, and they seem to be doing very well.

It blows my theory to shit huh? Seems like others are agreeing that its not a smart move on his part.... for his business. He might be a top notch guy but in the business realm its not good practice. If you owned your own company you would see that very clearly. Again, not degrading him as a person. Just dont see eye to eye on why he is sending out product before collecting what is owed to him. Thats a red flag for shitbags to come and take advantage of your good nature. Not everyone in this world is trust worthy.

But I still think it would be funny to call all these dirt bags and give them hell.

I purchased my Zeiss LRF from Alex and he is a stand up guy. I dont think anybody is saying that he is a bad guy or "stupid." I just cant see in good business practice that you send a product and have not gotten payment. The bottom line is that we are no longer in a time that a simple hand shake works.

Think of all the good vendors we have. I have bought a few grand from Vic at Tactical Night Vision, SWFA, etc not one of the will send you $3000 worth of merchandise without getting payment first. The bottom line is that if you are not dishonest and have every intention to pay for the item the why not pay for it upfront?

Now i'm no lawyer, but i'm not sure that his wall of shame is not legal under the fair debt collection practices act. I haven't bothered to go and read all the fine print to check on this matter. Regardless of legalities or not, I think that it's a good thing to use the internet to put the heat on the scumbags that think that it's ok to be dishonest, and rip a good man off from his hard earned money. I think that, to a small degree, we would benefit from the ability to use lessons that the "Italians" has used to collect money. Show up at their doorstep, "Gimme my money or I break your legs". I would think that it wouldn't take long for folks to be out of debt. I personally am debt free (other than a house payment). I won't go into debt to buy something, so I don't have a lot, but what I do have, is paid for in cold (well, maybe a little warm from my pocket) hard cash.

Branden

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dust_Remover</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I personally am debt free (other than a house payment). I won't go into debt to buy something, so I don't have a lot, but what I do have, is paid for in cold (well, maybe a little warm from my pocket) hard cash.</div></div>
Branden, you certainly are in the minority in this country. But that's a good way to be. I'm doing the same thing, and only have 6 more years on the house - that's 23 years early
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dust_Remover</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now i'm no lawyer, but i'm not sure that his wall of shame is legal under the fair debt collection practices act. I haven't bothered to go and read all the fine print to check on this matter. Regardless of legalities or not, I think that it's a good thing to use the internet to put the heat on the scumbags that think that it's ok to be dishonest, and rip a good man off from his hard earned money. I think that, to a small degree, we would benefit from the ability to use lessons that the "Italians" has used to collect money. Show up at their doorstep, "Gimme my money or I break your legs". I would think that it wouldn't take long for folks to be out of debt. I personally am debt free (other than a house payment). <span style="font-weight: bold">I won't go into debt to buy something, so I don't have a lot, but what I do have, is paid for in cold (well, maybe a little warm from my pocket) hard cash.</span>
Branden

</div></div>

The key to success right there.

This just in. I am now accepting financial grants. Loans not accepted, grants only, lol. I haven't always been on the right path financially, it took a daughter, and a trip to a Dave Ramsey show to get me on the right path, and it didn't take me long to get my head screwed on straight after that.

The biggest issue that out country seems to have is that we find it necessary to create a illusion of wealth. Bigger, nicer houses, and cars, and toys are all part of what creates this illusion, and there are plenty of banks that are wanting to get in on the game, and make the money, regardless of what it does to the future of the individual that they are loaning the money to. Just look at the way the credit card companies advertise. Platinum cards, Gold, ect.. These cards make the user feel like he's rich, powerful, and special, when in fact their no better, or different than the next person.

The high end scopes fall under the same category, better equipment doesn't make the shooter, but it does increase confidence. I wouldn't be surprised if there are quite a few people on this site that have been making minimum payments on their CC that they charged that new S&B, or Premier scope to. If you can afford it, that's great, I wish I could, but my oldest daughter is getting ready to go to private school, my youngest will be following suit in a few years. There are things that I want, but don't need, but I figure out ways to get those things that I want without affecting the budget for the things that are needed (i.e. kids education #1 priority).

I just wonder if the economy is slow right now because folks don't have money (which is what we're being told), or if it's slow because a lot more people have seen the light, and are curbinb spending to enable better financial practices. I hope it's the latter. Yes, it's not a good thing in the short term for the economy, but it would be a GREAT thing in the long run.

Branden

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J-Ham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dust_Remover</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I personally am debt free (other than a house payment). I won't go into debt to buy something, so I don't have a lot, but what I do have, is paid for in cold (well, maybe a little warm from my pocket) hard cash.</div></div>
Branden, you certainly are in the minority in this country. But that's a good way to be. I'm doing the same thing, and only have 6 more years on the house - that's 23 years early
smile.gif
. </div></div>

I could do that if I wanted paying a nice car payment in child care for 2 kids. My work schedule is VERY flexible, and I only work 4 days a week, however i'm working more weekends to have the girls in daycare fewer days a week, which helps a lot. However good job on that, and keep up the good work. Hopefully there will be many folks that you meet along the way that will learn a lesson from you.

Branden

Note: I think i'm threadjacking here with my posts. My apologies to the OP. I'm going to stop.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J-Ham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The reason our society is the way it is today is because of this bullshit, apathetic attitude of, "Well, that's just the way things are today." No, fuck that. There was a time when a handshake and a man's word was how business was done. Now you've gotta have lawyers and signed documents? Don't try to make Alex out to be the bad guy here. These pieces of shit are the exact reason this country is so fucked. "What can I get out of this situation? How can I screw a hard-working American out of something so that I can continue to sit on my fat ass and milk the system?"

My vote: Kill them. </div></div>

Although this solution is a bit over the top, I'm inclined to agree with the first part of the post. I notice one of them is in Winter Garden. Hmmm...

My point is that while some of you think the most important fact to be gleaned from this post is that Mr Roy is naive, or stupid, I am saying that his unusual approach has worked well for him, and is not naive.

The first thing that jumps out at me is that there are some lowlife thieves taking advantage of Mr Roy's trusting approach. Not that he is a sucker for doing it in the first place.

Secondly, while I have never done business with them, Euro-optics seems to be doing a hell of a lot of business. Which indicates to me that his approach is working very well. The fact that he trusts people appears to be generating a ton of revenue.

So, while a few people take advantage of his kindness, the same kindness apparently creates enough return customers to outweigh the shrinkage he faces due to the pieces of shit.

So, in the end, it appears that he is not naive, but smart.

Actually Braden I've always been under the impression a lot people purchase scopes to take pictures of them and look cool on the internet.

I don't go into debt for hobbies, or any other reason. Ramsey.