• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WalMart & AR's

hilbillee

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 21, 2008
Franklin, NC
Walked thru the local Walmart's sporting goods section Saturday and couldn't believe my eyes. They had 5 different brands of AR-15s in stock. They included a Colt M4 carbine, a Bushmaster M4 carbine, a DPMS sportical carbine, a Sig Sauer M400 Hunter model rifle, and a Windham Co. carbine. The Windham is basically a Bushmaster. They even had the 420 rd. cans of M855 62 gr. ammo.

Re: WalMart & AR's

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hilbillee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Walked thru the local Walmart's sporting goods section Saturday and couldn't believe my eyes. They had 5 different brands of AR-15s in stock. They included a Colt M4 carbine, a Bushmaster M4 carbine, a DPMS sportical carbine, a Sig Sauer M400 Hunter model rifle, and a Windham Co. carbine. The Windham is basically a Bushmaster. They even had the 420 rd. cans of M855 62 gr. ammo.</div></div>
They have even stopped some ammo sales in a few local Wal-Marts.

The newest Walmart in my area has a lot of this and a ton of reloading stuff as well. They've been pretty well stocked since the day they opened and when ammo/primers/powders were impossible to find, they always had some. I've been really impressed with my local Wallyworld.

What's stocked/sold by the Sporting Goods section in Walmart is usually dependent on the Brass in that particular store....they are NOT all universal.

No guns, no ammo, and you're dealing with dumbphucks and anti's in a dumbphuck and anti community........

There's a Walmart in Galax Va where the Sporting Goods manager is VERY pro gun and pro hunting...and they've never even slowed down. Full blown reloading section, ammo selection, and firearms supply.

The others around here are eventually going to get back into it full swing because the community is demanding it.

That said...fuck Walmart.

Galax Wal-Mart is number one in Sporting Goods/Firearms sales in world.
Regardless- I'm with Tripwire. Fuck a whole lot of Wal-Mart.

My WalMart in Kansas caters to us shooters..lots of guns and ammo on the shelf..including several AR15's. Saw the new Sig M400 today, and I plan to go back tomorrow with $917 plus tax and get one to stash away.

They had Bushy's and Colts on the shelf also.

Crazy question... Is there any difference in the quality of a rifle bought at walmart as opposed to a regular firearms dealer? I was there a couple days ago and saw their catalog and it even had a 700 aac-sd in it, not sure of the cost though.

If its same brand and model there is no difference in the quality of the firearm, it just comes from a different vendor.

They have even stopped some ammo sales in a few local Wal-Marts.
g.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sgt Keebler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If its same brand and model there is no difference in the quality of the firearm, it just comes from a different vendor. </div></div>

May be worth looking into at some point.

Whether you can buy guns, etc. at Wal-Marts here in Central NY depends on which store. I bought a 20ga 11-87 in one, while at another, which advertized the same specials in same flyer, those guns were never availabale. Like they said above, it depends on the local managers' whims. The excuse is, they don't sell. The real reason is, you can hunt for 20 minutes to find somebody to serve you in the sporting goods department. Typically where Wal-Marts are run that way, it's because the Store Managers think their customers are only fit to be treated like mushrooms. The staff will tell you point blank that the store's policy sucks bigtime.