• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Walmart The New Dick's?

Decoy

Nobody
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2010
Washington
One of the local high school kids has been going into get chemo treatments so a bunch of his buddies decided to rally with him and get together for some trap shooting as a group. I heard about it and offered my place up for the meet instead of them trying to find a place out in the wood (still Elk Season here).

Some of them got here late and didn't take out their shotguns. I asked if they were going to shoot or just stand there. They told me they didn't have shells, I said they must be liberal shooters coming out without shells:)

Nope, they all went to Walmart and Walmart would not sell shotgun shells to anyone under 21. WTF, this is the first I heard of that. They sold them clays but no shells.

I am pissed off about it, this is rural area to beat. The big stores come in the rural areas, drive the small ones out of business and then restrict who they sell too?

Anyway I brought out a case of shells and they had fun. I'll be driving the extra 25 minutes to shop from here on out.

trap.jpeg

Fuck Walmart

I would double check with the store and verify that it is store policy/company policy first. Just saying when I was younger, the cashier in a few cases would hesitate and give me and my friends some dirty looks when buying ammo.
Last I knew it was 18 for rifle, 21 for hand gun ammo. In a bunch of cases when buying 22lr I have been asked if I was going to use it in a handgun or a rifle.
All the above referring to my experiences in Wal-Mart.

Good on you for offering up your place for a good clay shoot and supplying the ammo. As much as I like banging steel at long range, shooting clays with some family and friends still ranks as #1 when it comes to shooting.

Theyll remember that day until they die.

Try to make it an annual shoot. When I was growing up, my uncles would always load up like 300+ rounds of 20ga/12ga ammo and all us brothers/cousins would have a big clay shoot every summer.

Damn were our shoulders sore after.

Last edited:
Targetsportsusa.com will deliver Winchester white box for about the same price if you are a "prime" member.
Right to your door.
For a case of 250
Screenshot_2018-12-11-08-57-31.png

Reactions: Decoy
I was going to ask what anyone use a shotgun for anymore then I saw clay shooting. That, bird hunting and shotgun only counties are the only reason to own one anymore.

I was going to ask what anyone use a shotgun for anymore then I saw clay shooting. That, bird hunting and shotgun only counties are the only reason to own one anymore.
They're also handy for letting the young'uns go around the yard shooting dillos and possums at night w/o worrying about ricochets hitting something.

I got carded at both Cabelas and Academy recently for a box of bullets. Not loaded cartridges, a box of 100 projectiles- no case, no powder, no primer...

One of the local high school kids has been going into get chemo treatments so a bunch of his buddies decided to rally with him and get together for some trap shooting as a group. I heard about it and offered my place up for the meet instead of them trying to find a place out in the wood (still Elk Season here).

Some of them got here late and didn't take out their shotguns. I asked if they were going to shoot or just stand there. They told me they didn't have shells, I said they must be liberal shooters coming out without shells:)

Nope, they all went to Walmart and Walmart would not sell shotgun shells to anyone under 21. WTF, this is the first I heard of that. They sold them clays but no shells.

I am pissed off about it, this is rural area to beat. The big stores come in the rural areas, drive the small ones out of business and then restrict who they sell too?

Anyway I brought out a case of shells and they had fun. I'll be driving the extra 25 minutes to shop from here on out.

View attachment 6984210

Fuck Walmart

The big box stores that have their headquarters in large leftist enclaves or maintain a large presence in these enclaves are always in a race to see how far they can placate the statists. Just like sheep trying to outperform each other's bleating.

I give most of my business to family owned gun stores and places like Cabelas and Dixie who place more concern on preserving Constitutional rights than making a few more bucks by trying to stroke off the statists.

Reactions: Mwalex
People tend to be miopic in their view of utility. "These are my needs, no one has other needs..." But, for shear versatility, the shotgun is king. Slugs, buck shot, birdshot, everything from deer to doves are within its grasp. Calf need to be put down? A slug to the head is good medicine. Doves, quail, squirrels, rabbits, teal, ducks, pheasants, and geese. I've seen videos of predator hunters calling in coyotes and bobcats, then taking them out with shotguns. Hell bear guides often carry shotguns. Home invaders? Just rack the slide and you only need to clean up after the incontinence. :ROFLMAO:

If you actually need a high power rifle, only a high power rifle will do. But, as a one-and-done meat getter gun, the shotgun is king.

A shotgun is a far more useful tool around the property than any rifle.

I completely agree with that. I am surprised no one mentioned the sheer versatility of shotgun ammo yet. You can load anything into a shotgun shell. You can charge 'em up with black powder or BP substitute. And you want to shoot longer range? Well, there are slug rounds and sabot projectiles. If you were to go live in the wilderness for a while and all you take is a Remington 12-gauge pump with sighted barrel, a set of chokes and a bandolier filled with different kinds of ammo for different needs, I'd say that you would be pretty well equipped. If the shit REALLY hits the fan, I think I might even go for the shotgun...Beefed up with scope and accessories of course.

The thread title should read "Walmart the new dick" .
Our local walmart does not sell guns because it is an inner city store.
Last time I checked every walmart is in a city.

I worked at walmart for a while, in sporting goods.
Some ammo was out on the shelves and I tried to order some.
The ammo was at the warehouse I had inventory tool "telazone" the customers and I
Wanted it, the shelves were marked for it but management refused to order it.

Walmart is allready a dick.

I can beat that. The walmarts here would take and write down your DL info for ammo sales then the Stasi would collect the lists in the future and prosecute prohibited people buying ammo. Probably added all the names to the gun registration data base the state police keeps too

We've been shopping elsewhere for a while now.
Sam's kids are cashing in on what used to be proud of the fact of american products.

R

I got carded at both Cabelas and Academy recently for a box of bullets. Not loaded cartridges, a box of 100 projectiles- no case, no powder, no primer...

Bullets only ?...........Fuck them. I would have left the merchandise at the checkout counter and walked out. Pussies. They don't support me, I don't support them.

edit; Bullets, powder, primers, loaded ammo ? makes no difference. Try to card me and I'm taking my business elsewhere. Actually, I think I've been in the Tulalip Cabela's maybe twice in the last 6 or 7 years. WAAAYYYY too expensive. Always has been. They're just a gussied up Dick(s). And, it's not like you get any competent customer service there. I know what I want and the specific reasons for it. Most of the help looks like they just moved up from Dairy Queen.

No rank on you though....:cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: Mwalex
Good on you for offering up your place for a good clay shoot and supplying the ammo. As much as I like banging steel at long range, shooting clays with some family and friends still ranks as #1 when it comes to shooting.

Theyll remember that day until they die.

Try to make it an annual shoot. When I was growing up, my uncles would always load up like 300+ rounds of 20ga/12ga ammo and all us brothers/cousins would have a big clay shoot every summer.

Damn were our shoulders sore after.

I think they are interested in doing it on a monthly basis. Going to move them from the pasture out to the range behind the 200 Yard berm. Don't really want too many clays and wads left for the cattle to consume. if the weather holds next week I will mark out some shooting positions for them.
I let them see the range where they would be shooting next time and one kid ask were I shot the targets way up on the hill from and I pointed back to the platform. Don't think he believed me.

As far as still owning a shotgun.....Hell yes! Got the 870's for farm use, and limited and open guns for 3 gun as well as the 1100 for hunting.

Put the Blackhawk Knoxx stock on the 870's and you can shoot slugs one handed on your shoulder, my 11 year old can adjust the stock and shoot it anytime he wants. When I was that old I would pay for shooting a box or two out of my model 37. They have come a long way.

What the Sam Hill are you complaining about. Plan better and don't blame Wal-Mart.

What the Sam Hill are you complaining about. Plan better and don't blame Wal-Mart.

Actually Sam Hill's mansion is right down the road about 30 minutes from here right on the Columbia River. He built that house for his wife Mary hence the name Maryhill. They have concerts and make wine there now, very nice museum.

I will try to plan better but fuck Walmart:)

I learned something today by Devine Intervention aka not minding my own business. BTW, nice job with the youngsters.

Reactions: jungle45