• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Walmart Winchester bean bag???

taseal

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2011
SE FL
Heading out to range tomorrow, and I realized I can't find my bean bag rest. I'm pretty sure I left it at my unit, which means there is no way I'm going to have it for tomorrow...

I remember seeing something at walmart (it was a set, front and rear)

anyone know if it's any good so I can use that tomorrow?

or, fuh-get about it

I'm doing load testing, so I need a fairly stable platform, otherwise I Would just use my hand to rest it on.

Re: Walmart Winchester bean bag???

I think you might be surprised by a sock filled with sand/rice/bb's for a rear bag, and a folded up towel/sweater on top of you backpack. In my opinion, these work better than the cheap, stiff bags that a lot of people use. I have a set of Shooter's Ridge bags that I think are similar to the Walmart-Winchester bags that haven't been touched in years.

I forgot about it...

Looks like I'll be using my backpack. Lol...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: taseal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Heading out to range tomorrow, and I realized I can't find my bean bag rest. I'm pretty sure I left it at my unit, which means there is no way I'm going to have it for tomorrow...

or, fuh-get about it

I'm doing load testing, so I need a fairly stable platform, otherwise I Would just use my hand to rest it on.</div></div>
I have a set of the Winchester Wally world bags and they work just fine. You may want to take something to put under the front bag to get the elevation just right. Its not as tall as it could be and needs a booster depending on your setup.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 58blackflag</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: taseal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Heading out to range tomorrow, and I realized I can't find my bean bag rest. I'm pretty sure I left it at my unit, which means there is no way I'm going to have it for tomorrow...

or, fuh-get about it

I'm doing load testing, so I need a fairly stable platform, otherwise I Would just use my hand to rest it on.</div></div>
I have a set of the Winchester Wally world bags and they work just fine. You may want to take something to put under the front bag to get the elevation just right. Its not as tall as it could be and needs a booster depending on your setup. </div></div>

Got rained on. guess it wasn't meant to be.

I would just use the rear bag, I have an atlas up front

I went with the Triad wedgie and its a great rear bag. works great

It works ok for what it is. My dad has one while not as nice as other bags it hasnt caused me to miss a shot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: taseal</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 58blackflag</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: taseal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Heading out to range tomorrow, and I realized I can't find my bean bag rest. I'm pretty sure I left it at my unit, which means there is no way I'm going to have it for tomorrow...

or, fuh-get about it

I have a set of the Winchester Wally world bags and they work just fine. You may want to take something to put under the front bag to get the elevation just right. Its not as tall as it could be and needs a booster depending on your setup. </div></div>

Got rained on. guess it wasn't meant to be.

I would just use the rear bag, I have an atlas up front </div></div>

I found my self in the exact same situation, having left my rear bag behind at a shoot, and needing one for the range. I went to Wally World and picked up the Winchester front/rear combo for $21.
I intend to return it asap. I'm sure it works for some, but it was a huge pain in the ass for me. The main section of it is too big, it's too bulky to comfortably give you just s small amount of elevation, and it's too stiff. To get any range, you need to move the bag, you can only get a tiny amount of adjustment from squeezing it. It's so big that if you want to use the taper, you need it in front of the rest rather than behind it, which has it's own set of issues.
not a fan.
If I can't get another rear bag sewn up for this weekend, I'll be trying out the sock filled with rice.