• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Walther P22 Mods

ZombieSlayer

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2013
The Land Down Under
Curious if anyone has done any mods or I guess you could say improvements to a p22? I'm aware of the bible and aware you can't polish a turd. I just like to tinker and explore the possibilities if they exist. Things like different barrel sleeves like chrome or polished 4140 or something, trigger tuning, custom grips or stippling, better sights or even custom magazine foot plates perhaps.

There's a write up somewhere on here about how to work over the trigger. I'll see if I can find it.

If you can that'd be good. I searched around for a while and could only find the usual they are crap. Mines got ten k thru it. What year did they fix this or that. Nothing came to me about any mods. I did see one pic Google searching of a red dot saddle mount of some sort. But couldn't find any details in it.

I peened over the end of two extractors to be more hook shaped. This was to eject more reliably in the same direction as opposed to every direction. I also smoothed out the ridges that ride over the hammer where the safety is and made a relief cut on the slide to cycle more reliably. Basically the bible mods. It runs a hell of a lot better

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk