• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Walther P22 with Surefire SOCOM 556 QD

Altnews

Minuteman
Oct 9, 2010
Boulder, CO
So, I'm sitting at Outback having dinner on the way home from picking up my suppressors and I'm trying to decide if its safe to shoot my Walther P22 with the Surefire SOCOM 555 QD suppressor.

I got a thread adapter for the P22 threaded long barrel to convert it to the standard AR pattern, and I have a QD muzzle brake from Surefire and I'm thinking I can thread the adapter into the muzzle brake, attach the suppressor to the brake, then screw the assembly manually on to the P22 barrel.

My question is about indexing and baffle strikes. I don't know how critical it would be to index the suppressor on the P22 barrel, and I don't know if that barrel might flex enough (it's pretty thin-walled) to allow a baffle strike.

Any experience/suggestions?

I have a Ruger 22/45, which I shoot a thunderbeast 22L with. I also have a thunderbeast 223P for my ARs. One day I decided to try it on the Ruger. It didn't work well at all. The sound was barely suppressed. For practical purposes, using a 223 can on a 22 LR does not work well at all. You will be disappointed. Now there are guys that would say that shooting a 223 can on a 22 will hurt the can because of the lead buildup and possible strikes, but I have no experience with that. The bottom line is that nothing good can really come out of shooting a 223 can on a 22. Save up for a thunderbeast 22L or 22S. They are awesome cans.