• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Walther P38

Gee Kay

Skippy the Bush Kangaroo
Minuteman
  • Oct 8, 2019
    Land Downunder
    hey chaps

anyone have an idea on barrel life of one of these by any chance?

have a friend who has one that is shooting low. never been chronographed when he got it. I suspect slower rounds but could also be barrel.

I told him I'm only guessing at what it could be having only rifle experience and whether pistols do the same when the barrel is gone.

cheers

Does it shoot low for all that shoot it? I'm thinking because of it's light weight, he's squeezing too hard on the trigger forcing his wrist to move downward, causing those low impacts.

Have someone else shoot it. Shoot it from a braced position. Have him consciously lightly squeeze the trigger until it breaks.

Good luck!

Reactions: Gee Kay
    Barrel life won't be any different than any other 9mm. Tens and tens of thousands of rounds.

Try different shooters and different ammo types. If that doesn't work, and it was made in 1944 or 1945 I'd blame Allied Air Command.

Reactions: camocorvette