• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Walther P99 Compact vs. H&K P2000

Maciej

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2008
NJ
Which would you choose and why?

Some background information, the reason I chose these particular two hands guns is their similarity in build quality and size. I've held both and felt extremely comfortable, the P99 with the pinky extension for the magazine makes my hand fit perfectly. On the other hand the "full sized" P2000 fits perfectly opposed to the SK. So basically what I'm getting at is what peoples opinions are of both and which I should choose. Thanks!

Re: Walther P99 Compact vs. H&K P2000

Macie, my wife and I each have a P99 full size and we have never suffered a failure to feed, fire, eject, or any other. And they shoot well.

My wife is bothered, however, by a strong vibration transfered through the trigger when fired. YMMV.

We have the standard DA/SA trigger and I really like the quick and short reset in SA mode.

I have nothing good or bad to say about the HK but you would probably be happy with the P99.

Well... I dont think I would consider the P99. Our state police bought them and ended up returning all of them for various issues centering around reliability. I would probably consider the S&W M&P before the P99.

Never bothered with the Walther, but have shot the HK. Heidi shot it and loved it, said it fit her mitts perfectly. It was just a bit too small for my hands, but felt decent. Shot well.

Glock 19 does everything the HK and Walther do and cost less, mags are alot easier to find, and works everytime.