• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Walther PDP red dot

Jared360

Private
Minuteman
Mar 13, 2021
Pennsylvania
My fiance just ordered a PDP full size 4.5". She wants an optic, but I've read somewhere that only one or two specific red dots sit low enough to line up with factory sights. Trying to avoid having to spend another $100 on suppressor height sights if possible. Anyone have any experience with this or any suggestions? Appreciate any feedback.

AIM Surplus sells a nice set of suppressor height G19 sights for $39. You even get a fiberoptic front sight.

I have Holosun 509T, 507C, and Swampfox Liberty red dots, and none of them will cowitness with the factory sights. I'm guessing if you do find a red dot low enough to see the sights through, you'll just barely see the tops of the factory irons.

In case it helps, the AIM Surplus sights on my PDP compact:

pdp_509t.jpg

AIM Surplus sells a nice set of suppressor height G19 sights for $39. You even get a fiberoptic front sight.

I have Holosun 509T, 507C, and Swampfox Liberty red dots, and none of them will cowitness with the factory sights. I'm guessing if you do find a red dot low enough to see the sights through, you'll just barely see the tops of the factory irons.

View attachment 7580540
That looks...unbelievably good. What a perfect set up! Is that a mag extension on a pdp mag or one of the canik mags? Also, that's the 509t you have on in the pic correct? Really appreciate the info man. I'm going to order a set of the sights from Aim Surplus right now.

That looks...unbelievably good. What a perfect set up! Is that a mag extension on a pdp mag or one of the canik mags? Also, that's the 509t you have on in the pic correct? Really appreciate the info man. I'm going to order a set of the sights from Aim Surplus right now.

That is the 509T, and the mag is a standard PDP compact mag with a Taran Tactical +5 extension (for PPQ mags, but works just fine). You guys will definitely enjoy shooting your PDP.

That is the 509T, and the mag is a standard PDP compact mag with a Taran Tactical +5 extension (for PPQ mags, but works just fine). You guys will definitely enjoy shooting your PDP.
Awesome man. Really appreciate the info. I don't think you can make a PDP look better than that. Really. Really looking forward to shooting it

Question... what footprint is the 509T? I know Walther will provide one plate free of charge, but from what I understand the 509T is not compatible with the RMR/Holosun footprint. So what exactly do you request to run the 509T on the Walther?

Question... what footprint is the 509T? I know Walther will provide one plate free of charge, but from what I understand the 509T is not compatible with the RMR/Holosun footprint. So what exactly do you request to run the 509T on the Walther?

The 509T comes with an adapter to fit an RMR Footprint. It clamps across a reduced size dovetail like an Acro.

View attachment 7580540
Little late to this post. Newbie here. When you talk about the "Irons are $39 suppressor height Glock sights from AIM Surplus" how are these installed on the PDP as in the above picture? Confusion is it indicates it's for a Glock. Thanks, Cliff