• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kansas_Born

Private
Minuteman
Sep 21, 2011
Brownsburg, Indiana
I’m looking for a smaller CCW gun to replace my Glock 19. My dad picked up a Walther PPS M2 and I like the feel of it but haven’t shot one yet. Anyone on here own one and would you buy it again?

I have a PPS M1. I’ve had it a few years, I don’t carry it, but I have shot it a bit. Accurate enough, and reliable.
I would buy it again, and I would trust it in a gun fight.

Reactions: Ribo68
I got one after going to the Shot Show. Had plenty of time to look at everything from all the different manufactures and I pick up the PPS M2. I really like the thin width and how well it fits my hand. It is very easy to conceal and weight is good. I have shot about 500 rounds with zero issues. It was my first Walther and I have since got a PK 380 for my honey.

Thanks for the replies. My wife has a P99 AS and it’s really fun to shoot and haven’t had an issue with it. I prefer to shoot handguns before a purchase but I might have to just pull the trigger. It’s going to be my birthday present to myself.

I carry one. Carried a Makarov for many years and this has the same footprint but 9mm luger instead of 9mm Mak. Put a 10-8 rear site for the PPQ on it and forget which front tritium site. I'm skinny, live in sweaty weather where shirts stick to you most of the year and carry appendix and it works perfect like that for me. Been reliable but I dont shoot it as well as the Mak.

I have the M2 LE. The sights are incredibly bright. Ergos are right for my hands. I tried the Shield, G43, and a few others. I was worried the M2 would be snappy because of the higher bore axis. I think they tamed that with the right recoil spring in because I was most accurate with it.

My wife has one. She got rid of a g19 to buy it. She is not very big. Around 117 pounds and had trouble making the g19 cycle reliably. I never had a problem with the g19 but she did. The pps has never gave her a bit of trouble and seems to be awfuly accurate. We got to shoot one because one of my brothers carries one all day every day and he loves it. The finish on his pps has also held up much better than any of my glocks.

I have one functions well and easy to conceal. My experience is it doesn’t really like the +p defense ammo, normal hollow points are fine though. Just a sample of mine so not sure if it applies to others but just test whatever you want to carry in it. I still find it to be an excellent small carry option and no failures outside of the couple with the hotter rounds.